Peng Guan Ying as Liu Yang
Li Ze Feng as Lei Haowen
Chen Mi Qi as Gu Xiaoling
Zhang Yao as Yuan Huizhong
Zhai Zi Lu as Guan Xiaotang
Che Xiao as Zi Ru
Chen Zhuo Xuan

Synopsis:

Three female friends – Li Si Yu (Liu Shi Shi), Gu Xiao Ling (Chen Mi Qi), and Yu Meng (Kan Qing Zi) – have a close bond and a shared goal: to make a success of their busy urban lives.

But their lives have taken very different paths, and now present them with a host of very different obstacles.

Li Si Yu is a focused woman with a brilliant career as a sales rep. She thinks she has met her perfect match in a boyfriend who also has a successful career. However, when he suddenly loses his job, the pressure starts to take a toll on their relationship.

Things are a little different for Gu Xiao Ling, who has been holding out for Mr. Right. Beautiful and attractive, she has always relied on her many charms to help her on her quest, but she discovers that age is no longer on her side…until she meets a certain someone.

Yun Meng, meanwhile, wants a quiet life. She has a husband and adoring young daughter, as well as an unassuming office job. But things take an unexpected turn when she discovers that her husband is having an affair. Things get even worse when he finds his job is under threat and then falls ill. Can Yun Meng forgive his wrongdoings?

Will the trio find happiness? And can their friendship help them through the rough times – and the smooth?

(Source: Viki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

To Dear Myself 亲爱的自己 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] To Dear Myself 亲爱的自己
  • 2 weeks later...

There must be somone out there watching this Drama?!

I'm episode 15 following the English subs

Can somone tell me why did Yiming take the job offer from the lady, but didn't take it from the man? Surely there will still be people talking behind his back for it

7 hours ago, ylywells1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can somone tell me why did Yiming take the job offer from the lady, but didn't take it from the man? Surely there will still be people talking behind his back for it

Spoiler

just my opinion

1. He saw his girlfriend get drunk talking with the male boss (actually if she not drink that's better........I don't understand why she need to drink when at first she already said can't drink cos stomach ache and the boss already let her no need to drink)

That's why he doesn't want to accept the job. And they have no time to talk more about how the boss want to give him the job.

2. He already asked his girlfriend why the lady want to give that job to him. And he maybe already think more about don't want to separate with his girlfriend.

But yes he will definitely have people talking behind him and the new problem will come

On 9/17/2020 at 6:30 AM, huilin84 said:
  Hide contents

just my opinion

1. He saw his girlfriend get drunk talking with the male boss (actually if she not drink that's better........I don't understand why she need to drink when at first she already said can't drink cos stomach ache and the boss already let her no need to drink)

That's why he doesn't want to accept the job. And they have no time to talk more about how the boss want to give him the job.

2. He already asked his girlfriend why the lady want to give that job to him. And he maybe already think more about don't want to separate with his girlfriend.

But yes he will definitely have people talking behind him and the new problem will come

I think you're right new problems will come. There's something about that lady that doesn't sit right with me. She always seems to be fishing for information from Li Siyu. Feel like she want to completely acquire the company not just invest. Hope she isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I entered just to make a comment on this show - 19 episodes watched

Hero always takes higher moral and ethical ground compared to heroine

several different occasions - Heroine is tempted, hero provides her a just reason and few times heroine listened it but later she took the director position.

At times hero is able to keep heroine on the right path but even he knows he can't control her desires.

Not only that, Heroine has accused hero several times already. Heroine face troubles, that look good on paper but then get superficial, plot tool solutions and problem solved.

Heroine got angry because hero did his job. yes. And moreover hero apologised and with her acts she certainly gonna cause huge trouble for Liu Lang and Lubuo

Heroine has good heart but also she's marred by wishy-washy and inconsistent writing.

Heroine right now looks like a young Ji Ru the female boss.

This post follows the plot summary  so, it's not a spoiler

The married couple:  Oh, yes, married men sometimes think they fell OUT of love with super woman wife. The one that cooks, cleans, shops, works, launders his dirty clothes, takes care of his/her parents, has babies and and is in charge of their care.  They fall for the single or married women who does none of what I just mentioned. So, she has time to rest, pamper herself, put on nice dresses, and to devote herself to his every desire. "Oh, but we love each other. Love is pure. So, we/I did nothing wrong."(paraphrased)  

I can't stand men who think it's ok to beat a woman. It won't look good on his resume. 

The thing I like about C-dramas, is that most stories are straight forward.  No Mother Teresa here. You made your bed now lie in it.  Once the fairy lust dust blows away, it will be too late.

6 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

The married couple:  Oh, yes, married men sometimes think they fell OUT of love with super woman wife. The one that cooks, cleans, shops, works, launders his dirty clothes, takes care of his/her parents, has babies and and is in charge of their care.  They fall for the single or married women who does none of what I just mentioned. So, she has time to rest, pamper herself, put on nice dresses, and to devote herself to his every desire. "Oh, but we love each other. Love is pure. So, we/I did nothing wrong."(paraphrased)  

I haven't have time to watch this drama but did caught/followed clips of it and I find it scary how realistic the married couple is and how the married man felt - You may think a man that was a playboy makes a bad husband but you may not know that one day as passion disappeared and the love was overwhelmed with things in life, the 'good' man may cheat, 'thinking' he didn't 'cheat' because he didn't desire another woman but that he is just tired of his life with his wife "who is not caring, understanding, and appreciate him". He is a 'good' husband, making money for his wife, his child, and his mother, all the weights are on him. He worked hard, he had to put up with his boss and clients, he had to deal with office politics etc and when he came home he had to deal with his wife annoying him with minor "parenting" issues and causing problem with his mother. blah blah blah

A few points to make here:

1) This man doesn't love his wife and I am not sure did he ever or he just married her because it was the right time or she loves him and he likes her once. I believe they dated for six months...rather short time to understand each other.

2) This man is not fit for a family man, he only knows to provide financial support but not emotional support as a husband or a father. He didn't try to understand the position his wife is in. I know it is hard to balance between a mother and wife but it felt like he is annoyed with his wife all the time. Seriously, I don't even think he love the new girl but the fact that she looks up to him, care for him, and give him no pressure. He liked to be the center of someone's world. :onfirex:The man will rationalize saying that I am not cheating because she is more beautiful but she is kinder, sweeter, and more innocent than my "faulted" wife...

3) The wife should really divorce his man - even before this issue, he never seems to respect her, her thoughts, her worry, and her concern - he just find her annoying and at this point, he is so frustrated that he hit her. I think under no circumstances should a man hit a woman, especially that is your wife, your child's mother. Plus he is so much stronger and taller than her, if she is yelling and fighting, you can simple overcome her, drag her away but hit her hard even to leave a hand print??? She needs to divorce him and focus on her career - Met a better man and stay away from this man 

Sorry for the ranting and maybe I didn't get all the fact right but it is sooo frustrated to watch sometime but the sad thing is it also reflective of real life...*sigh* :bawling:

I didn't really watch this drama but caught ep 21 ...ooh...makes my blood boils when he slapped his wife so hard till leave fingerprints on her face in front of his lover n Colleagues.  It shows he has no respect nor love his wife at all. He even protected the home wrecker. He never once admitted his mistakes nor apologised to his wife nor his friends. He still denied that he has an affair with the girl. That girl is not so innocent pure as he mentioned.  She is sly n cunning under the lamb skin. She goes all the way out to seduce him. Men like this guy will stray once they find themselves suddenly desired by women like that homewrecker because they never experienced the feeling/emotion of being desired or idolised by such women. So when their boring every day life get shaken by such women, they stray. He forgot that his wife was once this desirable, innocent, pure and beautiful too. She gave her everything to him and his family and their family. He felt tired, pressured and stressed out etc, is his wife living a better life than him? Is she just sitting on the sofa every day and do nothing? Has he ever thought his wife is equally stressed and tired out like him? Like his wife said to him: "I gave you my everything and treated you well. What did I do to deserve this treatment from you?"

He never even feel remorse for that slap!!! A husband who has some feelings for his wife will regret immediately upon the action of the slap and upon seeing that handprint on wife face. He has no ounce of regret nor feel he was in the wrong. All he can think of is his reputation at work. Well slapping your wife so hard in front of everyone isn't going to earn a gold medal. Your reputation will be worst than a cheater. 

Wife stupid girlfriend can even tell her not to divorce the guy since she work so hard all these years and the guy is at a good executive position etc...to divorce him is to lose all those years of dedication and sacrifice.  Goodness me! That man slapped your girlfriend this hard and has no remorse at all. He did even begged her for forgiveness and you want your girlfriend  to stick to him and not divorce him? Are you nuts girl! If a husband can slap her like this n no remorse,  he can beat her up again any time at the slightest provocation. If he can cheat on her once n don't feel he was in the wrong but all the fault lies with the wife (because she isn't pure, innocent, simple and lovely anymore), he will definitely cheat on her again.  She should divorce him and get a better life. This guy obviously don't love her nor respect her at all.

It takes 2 hands to clap. Married couple story is the most consistent one and Liu lang has done wrong to both. But you also have accept that Wife did play some role. He's from a conservative family and put his social respect and pride above everything else. He didn't accept wife's suggestion of being called not-a-man. Instead wife had to make fake certificate.

Here again it was a public spat and he felt being humiliated and so retaliated.

Unjust and unfair towards wife but that doesn't make him physically violent person. 

Intern is wrong on many levels but that doesn't absolve Liu Lang of doing wrong. His male friends warned him and he tried to evade without proper solving the issue. I won't call it an affair but, yeah, Intern is done for and wife won't look favourble in the eyes of society.

Little things pile up and then it becomes so big to break the relationship. Intern is just an outside factor, problem was visible in their relationship from the start of the show and for those who say Liu lang doesn't respect his wife, true, but the same can be said about wife too. That's why i find issues from both sides.

I agree with everyone on here, absolutely disgusted with Husband. There is no excuse for slapping wife. But also agree there was problems in that marriage right from the beginning.  The wife also didn't respect herself enough, trying too hard to get in with the snobbish rich mums in the first place, and being a walk over just like inbher marriage. 

On the other hand I am now really worried for CYM and LSY relationship. We also see right from the beginning that they never seem to agree on anything/have different views on the matter. It feels like CYM is always the one to apologise while LSY never feels like she has done wrong. Now there is gonna be big fall out as she will probably lose her job. Which in some ways is a lesson she has to learn. Her character is very unlikeable. Maybe the writers wanted to write her this way so that she can have a good character growth. 

From what I have read and seen it looks like they break up and CYM has an relationship with his boss (I presume LSY will take this badly as it another friendship broken (after what happened to her mentor)). Sometimes I do actually wonder if LSY actually loves CYM (I think he truly does but she doesn't just yet. Hopefully this break up will make her realise that she does love him). As much as I dont like her character I'm still rooting for them as a couple. Because I love ShiShi and YiLong.

Wow so realistic. She needs to divorce him, they've run their coarse him shacking up with that wicked cow was the last rites to an already floundering relationship. Man I loved how LSY was throwing the kicks :kicks: Love her loyalty. However I don't like who she is with CYM he is forever bowing and compromising for her and her with her hard headed self always so quick to think the worse of him. Who is she trying to prove her independence too? I love that they confided in each other and seek counsel,  but at the moment their relationship feels very one sided. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right @ylywells1. The way they were trying to humanise  her with that dialogue about being lonely was very sus. But then there's always been something a bit off  with her from the very beginning. 

So up to episode 25 now.

I'm getting a bit bored/fed up with CYM and LSY fighting, make up rinse and repeat. Thought that in this episode it was gonna be the actual break up. But than the writers milked it again and now they r all made up. However nothing has really changed in their relationship. So again we r just waiting for the big bust up. I cant wait till they break up because I think they both need space to grow without each other. They then can come back together (I hope they do) on a better mutal understanding and as better people, and move forward  together. Currently they r poles apart. Also I want to see the dynamics of the Lady boss and CYM relationship and how that is different to being with LSY. Although I don't want them to end up together in the End! Still ship CYM with LSY.

So up to episode 27 now.

Finally CYM and LSY have finally broke up, thank god for that! I just want them to move on and have some character growth. Was a little disappointed in the way they broke up was expecting a bit more drama (but then again that's real life). Loved the hug LSY gave to CYM and said that she would always love him. That was the first time I actually believed in her feelings towards him. All the other times just felt false/forced. Not liking the Lady boss though. There will be trouble ahead for CYM, I thought LSY was a bit manipulative but that Lady boss is a master at it (I suppose in someways that is her line of work). 

2 hours ago, ylywells1 said:

So up to episode 27 now.

Reveal hidden contents

Finally CYM and LSY have finally broke up, thank god for that! I just want them to move on and have some character growth. Was a little disappointed in the way they broke up was expecting a bit more drama (but then again that's real life). Loved the hug LSY gave to CYM and said that she would always love him. That was the first time I actually believed in her feelings towards him. All the other times just felt false/forced. Not liking the Lady boss though. There will be trouble ahead for CYM, I thought LSY was a bit manipulative but that Lady boss is a master at it (I suppose in someways that is her line of work). 

Hip hip, hooray!     :byebye2:

I agree with YLY. Heroine somehow looks like prejudiced against men. Anything Her Boyfriend aka Fiance did was turned into an accusation from her side. Where is the trust and hero had to grovel each and every time and take the initiative. The inbalance in relationship was too much and heroine's professional troubles not only looked superficial but were solved willy-nilly. Its now time for the 3rd girl to get some heartache.

Lady Boss is a boss because she has seen life and she is the older mode of heroine. Its just that she doesn't have someone who could keep her at right ethical and moral path and that's what make Hero a bit too much Hero and far less of a human.

I actually see Hero-heroine the least consistent and realistic characters of the show.

Archived