Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Admin

[Current] Hometown Flex/Seoul Village Man/Seoul Bumpkin 2020

@Lawyerh I'm not familiar with variety rating .. but is 3.7% a really good number? 

I still havent checked again whether the sub is out or whether the site has this up with or without sub. Hopefully it will be soon :) 

19 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

3.7% rating

Have you watched yet or just know ratings?  Hm...not many have watched on this side it seems like.

21 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Not yet haha. Yesterday can't find the eng sub yet. Seems Viu Indonesia have it subbed. But I havent got chance to checked it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Did you not check our slack?

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Ep 1 - Busan 

@phoenix24

Jang Hyuk is kind of cute. 

Haha that's why I like him.  Love how they pick the puppy background behind him was cute too.

4 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Lee Seung Gi

- He felt the Gwangan Bridge similar to Singapore haha...

- Lol he embarassed when the fan didnt pick him bwahahah... 

- I haven't sign autograph for so long

Haha yea he was trying so hard and needed some soju poor thing  Funny because everyone thought he would have the most autographs at first.

Visited the thread as promised @snowlou. :D

Havent watched the episode yet so I cant give any review.

Cant wait to see cth and lsg together with hojinpd :transforms:

Just finished Ep 1! Goodness I didn’t expect to laugh so much... As expected, Jang Hyuk brought the most laughs - he’s just funny without trying to be, which is perfect for variety :D

My favourite funny moments:

(Totally saw the gukbap thing coming btw LOL)

Spoiler

CclbUeY.jpg

AMuUmUx.jpg

iSVgaov.jpg

Overall I enjoyed the first ep! It was nice seeing the local boys being more popular than mega-star LSG for once hahaha he was trying so hard to appeal himself to the locals - that part was funny too. Will be continuing the show for sure!

@Lawyerh saw your post after I posted my thoughts lol. I liked it! I’m sure the group dynamics will improve with more eps as this was only the first ep and first location. LSG and CTH are good at variety so I have high hopes they can make a good team too!

• Awesome 1

Halo @strongtower welcome to this thread. Hopefully somehow you get to watch ep 1 at least. It does have 1n2d vibe for me personally. 

Ep 1 isn't too bad. I laughed here and there watching some of their antiques. Jang Hyuk's laughing face was really similar to that of the dog!! So cute though. 

I think two highlights of this ep for me: the giving-out signs (I think LSG was really entertaining here in this particular section) and Simon D reunion with the ahjussi (so heart-warming). 

As I said before, it did feel a bit like 1n2d ... So I don't know how to feel about that. I love 1n2d but I hope this show is going to be somewhat different than 1n2d. But I also don't know how you could create a travel show with different format. 

Prior to watching ep 1, I accidentally read a comment on the site which didn't say very nice thing about the show and it made me feel a bit sad. 

Spoiler

The comment sort of indicated that JH shouldn't be cast because he's practically a Seoul hillbilly. And that he suggested places in Busan from outsider perspective (he didn't think as Busan local) so he suggested touristy places - and that he probably did research beforehand because he didn't know since he's not really a Busan local anymore. :( Well.. I think the comment has its merit but Idk I just feel sad for JH after reading that. 

My verdict of ep1 : so-so. It has some entertaining aspects to it but the chemistry between the main two casts could definitely be improved. CTH looks a bit reserved but I think he was like that too when he first joined 1n2d so I'd give him time. I wouldn't rely so much on the guests' chemistry because they're not gonna be there all the time. 

21 hours ago, im0202 said:

Just finished Ep 1! Goodness I didn’t expect to laugh so much... As expected, Jang Hyuk brought the most laughs - he’s just funny without trying to be, which is perfect for variety :D

My favourite funny moments:

(Totally saw the gukbap thing coming btw LOL)

This was my favourite part too haha...  I laughed so hard when poor Jang Hyuk got rejected

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I read that HHJ is a future guest. Will watch this show sooner than I expected. :glee:

On 7/15/2020 at 6:06 PM, snowlou said:

Prior to watching ep 1, I accidentally read a comment on the site which didn't say very nice thing about the show and it made me feel a bit sad. 

Reveal hidden contents

The comment sort of indicated that JH shouldn't be cast because he's practically a Seoul hillbilly. And that he suggested places in Busan from outsider perspective (he didn't think as Busan local) so he suggested touristy places - and that he probably did research beforehand because he didn't know since he's not really a Busan local anymore. :( Well.. I think the comment has its merit but Idk I just feel sad for JH after reading that. 

Just saw your post, well you don't have to feel sad about such comment. In fact JH himself made fun of the fact that he is now more a Seoul guy than a Busan guy in the show haha... Probably he doesnt know why he was invited also lol... Anyway as long as the guest is entertaining and fun to watch, add value to the show, I dont think it really matter whether he is a 'real' Busan guy in the technical sense at all. 

• Like 3

how good is your variety knowledge? try this quiz out! share your love for variety and let others know which show to watch!

I started watching HomeFlex.

Episode 1 was promising!

HoJin PD and his games. Hahaha. I miss that. CTH was quiet in the first ep. It was LSG  doing more of the talking. But I guess CTH is still warming up. He was never really the main talker in 2d1n, he was more of a supporting cast, the most supportive. Haha. So he will come around. It was my first time meeting the rapper. The show made me appreciate him and I like PD's way of touching the hearts of both the cast (this time the rapper) and the viewers. The Seoul Boys need more work on their chemistry.

Episode 2

Sad to say, I find it a little boring. I think Ep1 was more fun. Wasnt able to finish the ep yet. The only reason why I continued watching the ep cause I was able to relate with the places and food they introduced in the show. I visited Busan 2 years ago so I was happy to see the places I've been to in TV.

I will continue watching the varshow because of my love for CTH and PD and fine lemme include LSG as well. Hahaha. I hope they will find their groove asap. And also am looking forward for Kim Jun Ho and Han Hyo Joo episodes. Can't wait!

HomeFlex fighttiiiiinggg!!!

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 2

@Lawyerh i saw some previews and was surprised that han hyo joo is going to be a guest!. I mean...han hyo joo! But i suppose you mean jealous because you were in han hyonjoo's shoes? :joy:

1488b91a1d7b43b18923253d0383e6d5.jpeg?s=

Taken from: Soompi

Hi everyone... I just jumped straight to Ep. 5 this morning :approves: though I heard about this program before.  Love the interaction between the casts and it is enjoyable to be able to know places other than Seoul too.

I love this part:

Preview:

Credit to tvN

As soon as the show was freshly promoted on tvn asia ig, I made a request for Kim Jun Ho to be one of the guests. So happy tvN Asia ig granted my request for Kim Jun Ho as guest. He always makes Cha Tae Hyun and Crayfish PD laugh! I miss hearing CTH's laugh at Kim Jun Ho's antics! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEdwOMtg8x_/

488bed2472732cd982637b871262066f21971e6f

625d31201b506e6eaa2be6d120bb7d5ffc6513f3

• Like 1

'Hometown Flex' Shooting schedule is unclear due to Covid-19 ... Special Episode as replacement on 20 Sept

According to the YTN Star report on the 7th Sept, tvN's entertainment program "Hometown Flex" will replace the airing on the 20th Sept with a special broadcast following the aftermath of the Covid-19 spread and the extension of the 2.5 stages of social distancing. The special broadcast is expected to feature highlights of the cities that "Hometown Flex" has visited previously and undisclosed videos.

After the second episode of Jeonju, which is scheduled to air on the 13th Sept, the filming schedule has not been set in the future. The special broadcast is interpreted as a measure that takes into account the health and safety of the cast and field staff in the aftermath of the sudden spread of Covid-19.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202009071115254616