Yoo Ho Jin (previous 1N2D PD)

Airing date:

Sunday, 12 July

Time:

22:50 KST

Channel:

TVN

Theme:

Travelling - The two confirmed casts will be visiting invited guests' hometown and experience villager's life

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow another one with LSG?? How many variety shows is this man gonna be in :sweatingbullets:

This is going to be on my to-watch list! CTH is very good on variety too.

:hypehype:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

@wallflowersforjane @im0202 awwww...thanks chingu :kisslevel: 

I like CTH..he's very entertaining in 1n2d. LSG is going to be in the Twogether variety show too right? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just now, snowlou said:

@wallflowersforjane @im0202 awwww...thanks chingu :kisslevel: 

I like CTH..he's very entertaining in 1n2d. LSG is going to be in the Twogether variety show too right? 

Yup, that's right! Come and watch that too!

Can't believe you beat @Lawyerh to setting this one up. Hahaha!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So the hometown and houses they will be visiting are non-celebs right? I wonder if it will be the chill vibe like 3MAD and with the occasional celeb guest. Not much info yet I guess! 

Looking forward to their chemistry :happy:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Looking forward to their chemistry :happy:

I remember CTH replaced LSG in 2D1N so it will be fun to see them both finally together!

Found the trailer!

@snowlou HAHA thank you for the first-poster gift. Returning! Cannot have you going into debt before the thread shows returns. :fingerheartx:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, im0202 said:

So the hometown and houses they will be visiting are non-celebs right? I wonder if it will be the chill vibe like 3MAD and with the occasional celeb guest. Not much info yet I guess! 

Looking forward to their chemistry 

I thought it says the guests will be celebrities? But they won't reveal who. I'm trying to post link here but I can't with my mobile. Will do later. :)

@wallflowersforjane thank you for the trailer:wub: i'm not familiar with LSG in variety coz i have only seen 1n2d from s2 onwards. I hope he is really entertaining and hope these two have great chemistry!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lee Seung Gi To Join Cha Tae Hyun In New Countryside Variety Show

Jun 9, 2020
by S. Nam

HvEmX4z.jpg

Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun will be starring in a new seasonal variety show together!

Recently, it was confirmed that Lee Seung Gi would be joining producing director (PD) Yoo Ho Jin’s new tvN variety program “Hometown Flex” (literal title). Previously, Cha Tae Hyun was confirmed as the first member to join the show.

“Hometown Flex” will feature the members experiencing life in the town that the guests grew up in. These town legends will personally pick locations to share memories about while making the viewers laugh. Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun will star as “Seoul bumpkins” who only know about Seoul.

Viewers are already highly anticipating the show since both actors have starred in popular variety shows in the past.

PD Yoo Ho Jin shared, “Although the phrase ‘Republic of Seoul’ exists, each countryside area has also been developing a new vigor and charm.

With the stars from the countryside personally introducing their hometowns, viewers will be able to discover the real charm of the countryside.”

He added, “We received great strength through Lee Seung Gi’s addition to the show. We will showcase the charms of Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun that viewers have yet to see.”

The first season of “Hometown Flex” consists of 12 episodes and premieres in July.

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Cha Tae Hyun And Lee Seung Gi’s New Variety Show Unveils First Poster

Jun 18, 2020
by C. Hong

The upcoming tvN variety show “Hometown Flex” (literal title) has shared its first poster!

Described as a “hardcore local variety show,” “Hometown Flex” features Cha Tae Hyun and Lee Seung Gi, who were born and raised in Seoul, going to experience life in the hometowns of various guests. It is being directed by producing director (PD) Yoo Ho Jin, former PD for “2 Days & 1 Night.”

The poster is set up like the poster for an action film, featuring Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun looking shocked at various local attractions.

The caption reads, “The Seoul bumpkins will get their noses cut off in this dangerous invitation from local legends.” (This is a play on words on the idiom “they’ll get their noses cut off with their eyes open,” which is similar to the English idiom “they’ll get the shirts stolen off their backs.” It is a phrase that is usually meant to warn people about the dangers of Seoul, the “big city.”)

lee-seung-gi-cha-tae-hyun1.jpg

PD Yoo Ho Jin said, “There’s nothing more we could wish for in the chemistry between Cha Tae Hyun and Lee Seung Gi. They even came to their first filming in matching clothes by accident, surprising the production staff.

Both of them have visited the provinces often, but the fact that they grew up in Seoul will bring its own kind of relatability and humor.”

“Hometown Flex” will premiere on July 12 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Lee Seung Gi And Cha Tae Hyun Are Clueless About The Countryside In “Hometown Flex” Teasers

Jun 19, 2020
by S. Nam

Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun’s upcoming variety show “Hometown Flex” has released hilarious new teasers!

Described as a “hardcore local variety show,” “Hometown Flex” features Cha Tae Hyun and Lee Seung Gi, who were born and raised in Seoul, going to experience life in the hometowns of various guests. It is directed by former “2 Days & 1 Night” PD (producing director) Yoo Ho Jin.

In the first teaser, Yoo Jae Suk and Jo Se Hointerview Cha Tae Hyun, who also seems to be unaware of the full contents of the upcoming variety program. He shares that he learned of the title of the show through a news article. In another interview, PD Yoo Ho Jin reveals that he received advice from PD Na Young Suk, who told him to just add on a bit more potential to what he was already good at.

Yoo Jae Suk asks Cha Tae Hyun about his first impression of PD Yoo Ho Jin, and Cha Tae Hyun responds, “My first impression of him was that he seemed weak and feeble. With Yoo Ho Jin, I have a relationship with him in which we couldn’t hate each other even if we tried. However, it would be nice if things went well when we work together, but it keeps turning out badly.” Yoo Jae Suk reassures him, but Cha Tae Hyun adds on, “If it doesn’t work out well this time either, I want to stop.”

At the time of the interview, Jo Se Ho also expresses interest in joining the show, but the teaser reveals that Lee Seung Gi was the other member chosen to host the show.

In the new individual teaser, Lee Seung Gi looks distraught as he watches someone add a sauce made with chili pepper paste and vinegar to sundae (blood sausages) since different areas of Korea enjoy the food differently. He angrily asks, “Why would you add the sauce to the sundae? Is this sashimi?” The voice over in the background says, “You’re being so fussy. You must be a Seoul bumpkin!”

In another teaser, Cha Tae Hyun is listening to someone talk on the phone, but he appears lost since the other person is using a heavy Busan dialect. Nonetheless, he says, “Okay, I understood everything you’re saying.” Exasperated, the person on the other end calls Cha Tae Hyun a Seoul bumpkin.

“Hometown Flex” will premiere on July 12 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, snowlou said:

I thought it says the guests will be celebrities? But they won't reveal who.

TvN has confirmed the first guests of the show which marked Busan as its first city to visit. Jang Hyuk, Lee Si Eon and rapper Simon Dominic will join Seoul Villager on its first episode.

@im0202 @wallflowersforjane

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

38 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

TvN has confirmed the first guests of the show which marked Busan as its first city to visit. Jang Hyuk, Lee Si Eon and rapper Simon Dominic will join Seoul Villager on its first episode.

Yay so excited to see that Janghyuk will be a guest! Him and CTH are like buddies (dragon gang lol).

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Wow Jang Hyuk! Very interesting line-up. I love Busan! This is going to be fun!

• Love 2

Seunggi schedule this month of June

June10,11,24,25--Seoul Bumpkin/Hometownflex filming

cr.#leeseunggiofficialhomepage 

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Did I hear Jang Hyuk?? That Jang Hyuk ie?

:heart2beat:

Thanks for the teasers and inteviews @Lawyerh @wallflowersforjane they look funny and i hope the variety is going for funny theme instead of serious one. I watched jang hyuk in ... Urban cops? He's very serious there.. So I can't wait to watch how he's like around his best buddy CTH:rolleyes: @im0202 

• Love 2

@phoenix24 is Jang Hyuk fans haha... here's the thread for SG new vs. Also @Heidi Seow!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, snowlou said:

Did I hear Jang Hyuk?? That Jang Hyuk ie?

:heart2beat:

Thanks for the teasers and inteviews @Lawyerh @wallflowersforjane they look funny and i hope the variety is going for funny theme instead of serious one. I watched jang hyuk in ... Urban cops? He's very serious there.. So I can't wait to watch how he's like around his best buddy CTH:rolleyes: @im0202 

@snowlou

Have you watched this show? There’s JH and CTH and the other ‘dragon friends’! Very fun to watch :D

That’s why I’m looking forward to this show and the premiere episode! 

Edit: Omg I forgot to include the link LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, im0202 said:

@snowlou

Have you watched this show? There’s JH and CTH and the other ‘dragon friends’! Very fun to watch :D

I didn't know there are 5 of them in the group. I thought it was only JH CTH and KJK (coz on the variety shows I watched..these three are the most mentioned). The other two look familiar..one is Hong Bin is it? and the other one? 

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, snowlou said:

I didn't know there are 5 of them in the group. I thought it was only JH CTH and KJK (coz on the variety shows I watched..these three are the most mentioned). The other two look familiar..one is Hong Bin is it? and the other one? 

Haha I didn’t know too that there were 5 of them. The other 2 are Hong Kyung-in (actor) and Hong Kyung-min (singer).

Is Kim Jong Kook from Seoul? Lol. If not then maybe he can guest on the show too hehe. And maybe also some of LSG’s other celeb friends.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1