Xu Ya Ting as Jin Yan
Chen Jing Ke as Xiao Yu
Zhang He as Xiao Lang
Zhao Yao Ke as Wen Suyu
Zhou Yi Ran as Zhong Li
Li Ying as Dowager Empress
Liao Hui Jia as Rong Jing

Synopsis:

It tells the story of a brave and good girl who is the daughter of a general and a young emperor who lies between a hammer and anvil. They fight with each other, falling in love with each other gradually after overcoming many difficulties. Together, they have a sweet love story as they work for the country and the people and move forward.
(Source: WeTV)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Episodes:

Additional Links:

The Legend of Jin Yan 凤归四时歌 English Subbed Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Legend of Jin Yan 凤归四时歌

I am watching this but liking the FL is hard. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping they don't make her too stupid to live. It's 2 episodes in and she has been non stop annoying. I can't pinpoint the exact thing but more of her character as a whole. Her pouting and overall attitude just irks me lol. Anyway, I am continuing with it...perhaps she'll be better as the episodes further on. 

This has some potential but I gave up on the FL. They just make her so naive...clueless to another level. She gets herself and others in trouble more than enough times. She pouts and pouts and childish to a certain extent. The part where they were being shot at with arrows and the Prince was grabbing a hold of her shoulder to keep her still...instead of understanding the situation she goes about telling him to not touch her or else she can't find a husband. Umm...maybe trying to stay alive so you can find a man cause no man wants to marry a dead body. 

And what's bad is they basically bring the Prince down to her level. Her lips moved a lot because she's forever pouting. There are many instances that she does stuff that makes no sense. I think they were trying to make her comes across cute and innocent but they kind of missed the mark. She's a pretty actress and if they calm her down a bit it wouldn't that bad, I think. 

It's not the best drama and  I got annoyed by the female lead stupidity, but I enjoy it so far.  I benched last night.  I want to know how Prince Yu would react after he finds out that Jinyan was supposed to marry him, but her sister swapped in her place.  

1 hour ago, MLKY_Coconut said:

Ughhh just by watching the trailer, I can't stand the FL and the hair styles of the two male leads are soooo similar, I have trouble telling who is who, hahaha

I have no problem at all, Prince Yu has higher nose bridge and Prince Jin has a longer face.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, ash1999 said:

This has some potential but I gave up on the FL. They just make her so naive...clueless to another level. She gets herself and others in trouble more than enough times. She pouts and pouts and childish to a certain extent. The part where they were being shot at with arrows and the Prince was grabbing a hold of her shoulder to keep her still...instead of understanding the situation she goes about telling him to not touch her or else she can't find a husband. Umm...maybe trying to stay alive so you can find a man cause no man wants to marry a dead body. 

And what's bad is they basically bring the Prince down to her level. Her lips moved a lot because she's forever pouting. There are many instances that she does stuff that makes no sense. I think they were trying to make her comes across cute and innocent but they kind of missed the mark. She's a pretty actress and if they calm her down a bit it wouldn't that bad, I think. 

@lovehuche @ash1999 I completely agree with you both - am looking for the opportunity to rant about her character. I know it's derogatory to blonds but the first thing I though of was what a dumb blond (not that she is blond). How can the character be created that is sooooo naive and as Prince Jin said himself "silly". I think it's somewhat insulting to portray women in a drama like that, though perhaps there are people like that in real life, who are so clueless. In the character's defence, she does have a good heart, and isn't afraid to get into trouble based on her morale values and she stands by her family/friends. And the other plus point is the actress is really cute and she looks good on screen but the things the character does and her lack of skill/ knowledge/ intelligence really makes it a pain to watch. And the ML is hard-headed, filled with pride and though he is smart, he doesn't have much emotional intelligence and wisdom (then again, he's young)

I finally watched until episode 30 waiting to see how the story develops and I think it doesn't get any better. Just for the sake of the ending, I'll wait a little to see how they resolve things and if the characters develop at all... I hope the writer/script writer improves on the characters in the future 

I gave up on this drama too.  Watch English subbed to episode 18 and i am getting tired of the FL's trouble after trouble.  I took a peak at episode 30 raw and it seems like the ML hasn't found out about the swap of the two sisters, I could be wrong.  There weren't many custom's dramas to watch at the moment.  Chinese modern dramas are mostly boring.

I accidentally went to ep 30 tonight and totally bummed the romance is still not going forth.

I am at subbed episode 12. Raw ep 22. The Cdramas are doing my head in. I think I marathoned  You are my destiny ep 1-26 a few days ago and will skip the rest as episode 36 was dumb.

Cute male leads in both dramas that's why I am watching it. The female lead is so brainless I can't imagine her as a Queen. This was a marathon to ep 12 last week then tonight I am up to ep 22 with no subs from episode 13. The plot is pretty bad. The guys are not bad looking but overall this drama kills my brain cells. Which is about right as I am smack dab in the middle of revising some serious work readings. So the contrast is laughable. Because my brain is switched on reading why Covid patients are having strokes and revising critical care medicine. Then I have this twit of a female who pouts around ?Prince and tonight was pouting refusing to meet said Prince because she was due for her rose petal scented bath. Hahaha. Man this show is silly but I literally can switch my brain from thinking mode to mindless mode. There is literally no sense in the romance progression or why a respectable male would like someone like her. I am still trying to unsèe her pouting her way round a campfire to under a tree to around the King's table tonight. She is very pretty but the hairstyle is terrible with those double pigtails etc.

Anyway. Anyhow. I am off to sleep knowing I am confident I would not be haunted by the plot. My brain would not be thinking about any romance or romantic moment or kisses. It leaves my brain cells free to go tackle all the new disposable equipmemt sets or teaching videos.

I'm currently on ep 10. Yes the FL is seriously naive to point of stupid. But i guess it's understandable since she is supposed be the heiress of the family. Lead very sheltered life and is very young. She has a very pure heart and simple mind. Don't think she's very smart. She totally feels believes in her sister and loves her very much. She never once think her sister is just using her and couldn't care less if she dies. Jinyan will be so heart broken when she realised n see the real character of her sister. Jinyan genuinely believes that it's all her fault that her sister had to make the sacrifice on her behalf due to her running away. Because of this, she must rescue her sister from this awful fate to amend her mistake. It didn't help that she keeps having dreams that her sister will die and that make her feel worse like she is the cause of her sister future demise so she definitely has to get her sis out of the Palace. That was her misplaced perception.  

Why all the guys are in love with her even though she is dumb n naive? 

Because she has a genuine heart and is naive. And she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Lastly she has that aura of damsel in distress which men of that period likes. 

12 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I gave up on this drama too.  Watch English subbed to episode 18 and i am getting tired of the FL's trouble after trouble.  I took a peak at episode 30 raw and it seems like the ML hasn't found out about the swap of the two sisters, I could be wrong.  There weren't many custom's dramas to watch at the moment.  Chinese modern dramas are mostly boring.

The glory of song is airing right now. Unfortunately no eng sub yet. The FL is so badass! She's awesome FL n very pretty too. Drama is action packed n story is very engaging. 

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with those who find the FL annoying. How many times do they have to tell her to behave??!!

Like, she totally just flouts convention (during those times) and acts like she's from the mountains. If her half sister can behave with decorum, so should she, after all they were brought up together. Anyway, i don't mind female leads who are tough and spunky but she is just lacking in common sense and discretion. 

So, I'm watching for both male leads. 

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Legend of Jin Yan 凤归四时歌

Archived