[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

33 minutes ago, honeytime said:

i would literally scream and cry happy tears if they had another project together - just gotta make sure they're the main leads again and it's:

□happy ending

□plot makes sense and flows well 

□romcom

□proper promotion and appropriate managing by company

I'm okay even if their next drama is kind of angsty (sadist-masochist fan like me believe Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan gonna rock their heart wrenching scenes), as long as their romance plot have good development.

I also want a lot of sweet scenes and many kiss scenes (bed scenes is always welcome!) in their next drama.

If it is not a happy ending, sad ending is fine as long as it is justifiable (Goodbye My Princess is one of my favorite drama:P) but not an open ending please! I hate that kind of ending with passion!:headbang:

Our Xue Yao and Chu Yue should have happy ending, I won't accept any other than that!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEvft-VhXiL/

credit to ztq518 on ig

Some nice info about the real ending. The fans edit is hilarious!:lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEvnSd0hsvr/

credit to ztq518 on ig

This edit too LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEvwfaihGFD/

credit to ztq518 on ig

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epp 33 part 2        Epilogue Preview :   OK will translate this before it disappears, the top says epilogue so that should prove we're getting one!  

@suzy0604 me neither - both my usual sites have not loaded this epilogue yet.   @pad-hari are you accessing as VIP or do you have an alternative site where you are watching it?  

@suzy0604 I think some Weibo users hazard a guess about how she woke up but my Mandarin ain't good enough to figure that all out They left their son to XC because it was her dream to travel and

me again!! i feel like I'm writing so much in this thread omg please feel free to share your thoughts, everyone!! ><

@enzek thanks for sharing those links!!! and........okay i HAVE to agree with you on wanting angsty scenes, sweet scenes, and (especially) kiss scenes - and yes, romantic bed scenes are always welcome xD as for sad endings.......I'm too weak for those LOL I'm such a sensitive person that sad endings make me sad irl for too long hahah i don't wanna go thru that (as much as i do also love the heartbreak and sadness in sad endings, I'd rather not xD)

so i was watching old episodes again and in ep 8 i noticed XY talking about the Liren Flower (Li Ren Hua, i think) in his garden - these are the eng translations on youtube lol:

[XY: it's called Liren Flower, which comes out once a year. when it blooms, it's leaves fall. it's flower and leaves never meet each other. before, i often miss its flowering phase. this year, i don't have to go to the battlefield. i can finally see them bloom.

CY: it's so strange. *looks at XY* can i see this flower with you this year?

(XY turns to look at CY, maybe in disbelief with a touch of anticipation that she really does want to see the flowers with him. she smiles at him. he doesn't answer and turns back)

CY: the flower is so lonely]

these are the eng translations to the song Li Ren Flower:

my imagination is getting way toooo too wild omg if anyone can guess what I'm thinking......

Spoiler

I'm thinking that XY and CY (or even GS and WW) are roughly like the flower......more specifically, the flower is CY and the leaves are XY because they "never meet." and like the flower, CY is also lonely...throughout her flowering phases (meaning throughout important times in her life), she was never able to meet her other part until now, when XY doesn’t have to go to battle. he finally gets to see her and they "meet" this time, this year. but will they meet again next year? and......will they ever Actually get to see the flower bloom together? i mean, there were two times (maybe? or at least once) in the drama when he held the Liren Flower by her bedside as she laid in bed...they never really saw it bloom together. and supposedly she will wake up from her sleep after 365 days - i think he was holding the flower in the scene when CY had just fallen into the deep sleep, so this is when she "bloomed" again and they were separated. this could mean that even tho they did meet and were together, they were separated again after she "bloomed," if that makes sense..lol so technically they still "never meet" since they just separate again when she blooms. ORRR whenever the Liren flower blooms and comes out, it signals their separation...idk lol just wild thoughts

but the song lyrics...when i apply the song into my thoughts tonight........i am overwhelmed with sadness omggg

Spoiler

some of the lyrics and my reading of it (im aware the eng translations might not be too accurate):

▪︎a little snow between my eyebrows makes me feel even more lonely

--> the icy cold season makes the flower (CY or WW) feel even more lonely

▪︎fate that united us too far, will we have a change to meet again?

--> as fate has it, flower (CY) and leaves (XY or GS) never meet..ironically, then, lovers are united by distance. they are together but also separate. will they be able to officially meet again?

▪︎my empty heart remember a glimpse of memory, a pair of butterflies perched on my shoulder. is it okay if i miss her?

--> two butterfly lovers land on the leaves and the leaves are reminded of their connection with the flower (XY faintly remembers witnessing the existence of love, and misses CY)

▪︎chorus▪︎

▪︎the split petals slowly brought tears to my eyes

--> the flower (CY) is starting to bloom. the time of separation for flower and leaves (XY) is near again

▪︎this feeling is like falling red leaves and stops gently at the fingertips

--> the flower blooms and is so close to meeting the leaves. the petals stop gently at the fingertips, but they only meet temporarily before the petals slip away through the fingertips again. (when XY and CY meet, it is only temporary..they will separate again)

▪︎the autumn breeze made the sorrow of this separation even bigger

--> the cold breeze makes the sorrow of separation feel sharper, colder, more lonely, and more painful

▪︎once again waiting next year to see you

--> the flowering phase circles back and it'll be another year before their temporary meeting

▪︎li ren, liang ren

--> I'm still wondering about this line tbh

▪︎fate is difficult to understand. even so, i still want to meet you

--> fate is difficult to understand, but flower and leaves fight to meet each other again

▪︎and spend time together even if it was short

--> they want to meet again, even tho the time they spend together was short

▪︎cut to bridge▪︎

▪︎this liking is like the most difficult dream narrative

--> i can't even begin to apply this line to XY&CY or GS&WW...im too too sad x(

they are together only temporarily..and they also separate temporarily. ultimately for XY and CY, i hope their final moments together are spent in forever

i mean if this is a happy ending (i think it's happy for XY and CY at least??), CY will wake up when the Liren Flower blooms this year, and she'll never "bloom" again or be separated from XY bc she isn't under any magical power anymore. the Liren Flower won't have an impact on XY and CY anymore..and they'll finally, truly "meet" or be with each other.

lastly, i wish i knew a bit of Chinese to dive into this more, but the title is "离人心上" and the alternative titles listed on mydramalist show "晚晚夜未眠" and "離人心上". it just interests me that "li ren" and "wan wan" are in the titles, since WanWan is our GS's wife and Liren is the infamous lonely flower..

sorry for the long post!! and oops maybe it's all irrelevant to the story but i enjoyed thinking about this anyway. good night!!

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

@honeytime This is a forum about dramas so of course we can rant and post any opinion or comment that related with this drama as much as we want. You don't have to apologize:D 

I like your interpretation of the song. It is so insightful:)

Yay, they got I billion views! Congrats to the The Sleepless Princess team!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE3cJLKF8Ux/

credit to drama_queen_updates

MangoTV though:expressionless:

tenor.gif

Gotta give credit to fans that help to reduce the sadness for ending in episode 35:D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE3ce_sFH1t/

credit to drama_queen_updates

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

@honeytime I was thinking the same too that their like the li ren flower because of the title and when they spoke of the flower, but I never thought of it like you did. Lol I was just thinking they’d meet after a year and the next blooming is when she has a baby and they can see him grow together (bloom) Haha this drama has a lot of reference to them you’ll only realize it if you rewatch it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

We would be so lost without all those recpas and translations! Thank you to everyone who put in so much effort and time to do them! It's really appreciated!

MangoTV has once again failed us....sigh.

I just need closure now....closure with this drama! It's made me so emotional! Don't know what to dow ith myself, LOL.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, honeytime said:

me again!! i feel like I'm writing so much in this thread omg please feel free to share your thoughts, everyone!! ><

@enzek thanks for sharing those links!!! and........okay i HAVE to agree with you on wanting angsty scenes, sweet scenes, and (especially) kiss scenes - and yes, romantic bed scenes are always welcome xD as for sad endings.......I'm too weak for those LOL I'm such a sensitive person that sad endings make me sad irl for too long hahah i don't wanna go thru that (as much as i do also love the heartbreak and sadness in sad endings, I'd rather not xD)

so i was watching old episodes again and in ep 8 i noticed XY talking about the Liren Flower (Li Ren Hua, i think) in his garden - these are the eng translations on youtube lol:

[XY: it's called Liren Flower, which comes out once a year. when it blooms, it's leaves fall. it's flower and leaves never meet each other. before, i often miss its flowering phase. this year, i don't have to go to the battlefield. i can finally see them bloom.

CY: it's so strange. *looks at XY* can i see this flower with you this year?

(XY turns to look at CY, maybe in disbelief with a touch of anticipation that she really does want to see the flowers with him. she smiles at him. he doesn't answer and turns back)

CY: the flower is so lonely]

these are the eng translations to the song Li Ren Flower:

my imagination is getting way toooo too wild omg if anyone can guess what I'm thinking......

Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking that XY and CY (or even GS and WW) are roughly like the flower......more specifically, the flower is CY and the leaves are XY because they "never meet." and like the flower, CY is also lonely...throughout her flowering phases (meaning throughout important times in her life), she was never able to meet her other part until now, when XY doesn’t have to go to battle. he finally gets to see her and they "meet" this time, this year. but will they meet again next year? and......will they ever Actually get to see the flower bloom together? i mean, there were two times (maybe? or at least once) in the drama when he held the Liren Flower by her bedside as she laid in bed...they never really saw it bloom together. and supposedly she will wake up from her sleep after 365 days - i think he was holding the flower in the scene when CY had just fallen into the deep sleep, so this is when she "bloomed" again and they were separated. this could mean that even tho they did meet and were together, they were separated again after she "bloomed," if that makes sense..lol so technically they still "never meet" since they just separate again when she blooms. ORRR whenever the Liren flower blooms and comes out, it signals their separation...idk lol just wild thoughts

but the song lyrics...when i apply the song into my thoughts tonight........i am overwhelmed with sadness omggg

Reveal hidden contents

some of the lyrics and my reading of it (im aware the eng translations might not be too accurate):

▪︎a little snow between my eyebrows makes me feel even more lonely

--> the icy cold season makes the flower (CY or WW) feel even more lonely

▪︎fate that united us too far, will we have a change to meet again?

--> as fate has it, flower (CY) and leaves (XY or GS) never meet..ironically, then, lovers are united by distance. they are together but also separate. will they be able to officially meet again?

▪︎my empty heart remember a glimpse of memory, a pair of butterflies perched on my shoulder. is it okay if i miss her?

--> two butterfly lovers land on the leaves and the leaves are reminded of their connection with the flower (XY faintly remembers witnessing the existence of love, and misses CY)

▪︎chorus▪︎

▪︎the split petals slowly brought tears to my eyes

--> the flower (CY) is starting to bloom. the time of separation for flower and leaves (XY) is near again

▪︎this feeling is like falling red leaves and stops gently at the fingertips

--> the flower blooms and is so close to meeting the leaves. the petals stop gently at the fingertips, but they only meet temporarily before the petals slip away through the fingertips again. (when XY and CY meet, it is only temporary..they will separate again)

▪︎the autumn breeze made the sorrow of this separation even bigger

--> the cold breeze makes the sorrow of separation feel sharper, colder, more lonely, and more painful

▪︎once again waiting next year to see you

--> the flowering phase circles back and it'll be another year before their temporary meeting

▪︎li ren, liang ren

--> I'm still wondering about this line tbh

▪︎fate is difficult to understand. even so, i still want to meet you

--> fate is difficult to understand, but flower and leaves fight to meet each other again

▪︎and spend time together even if it was short

--> they want to meet again, even tho the time they spend together was short

▪︎cut to bridge▪︎

▪︎this liking is like the most difficult dream narrative

--> i can't even begin to apply this line to XY&CY or GS&WW...im too too sad x(

they are together only temporarily..and they also separate temporarily. ultimately for XY and CY, i hope their final moments together are spent in forever

i mean if this is a happy ending (i think it's happy for XY and CY at least??), CY will wake up when the Liren Flower blooms this year, and she'll never "bloom" again or be separated from XY bc she isn't under any magical power anymore. the Liren Flower won't have an impact on XY and CY anymore..and they'll finally, truly "meet" or be with each other.

lastly, i wish i knew a bit of Chinese to dive into this more, but the title is "离人心上" and the alternative titles listed on mydramalist show "晚晚夜未眠" and "離人心上". it just interests me that "li ren" and "wan wan" are in the titles, since WanWan is our GS's wife and Liren is the infamous lonely flower..

sorry for the long post!! and oops maybe it's all irrelevant to the story but i enjoyed thinking about this anyway. good night!!

Thanks for your awesome analysis! Haha I didn’t even think about it, that the title 离人 心上 is a mix of the flower and what she told him during the fireworks scene in episode 33 :joy: I love love love this show so much. Also I just saw the Mango tv poster announcing the extra “episode” on 9/9 for an extra fee. I can’t see anything on the American version of the Mango app so I hope someone posts a link tomorrow! :winkx:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

@enzek thanks for that! ♡

and yes haha I've been thinking about the symbolism(?) of the liren flower to our main couple for a while now; i just finally found the time to get into my thoughts!! I'm glad others thought similarly as well ^^ but omg! @liesylew i never noticed that part about ep 33. nice!!

the time is coming ~~~ crossing my fingers that the epilogue serves justice to our main couple, whether it be XY&CY or GS&WW

• Like 3

OK, I've checked out MangoTV site, and out of the 8 "Easter Eggs", they have released 2, I believe the first is the one that was already on Youtube with the dream-like scene of XY and CY and the second is about Nai Nai and her other half. I can't seem to find anything else that resembles an epilogue. And the usual Chinese sites which stream the dramas have not released/do not plan to feature the "Easter Eggs".

Can any kind soul in this forum shed light on whether there really is an Epilogue or not and what time it will be released if there is...?

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

@SC2019 According to the official weibo site, on the poster below - "Sweet" epilogue will be online on 9/9 8PM china time for VIP member at 6RMB and 12RMB for nonmember - As for the usual Chinese sites that stream dramas, I am not sure will they upload it - For anyone who do see the upload, please share with us :getmygrooveon:

0082SsxUly1gidc43lf3lj33ts5y8x6w.jpg

• Thanks 4

lol don't mind me checking this thread every 30 minutes

:hotinhere2:

thanks in advance to anyone for sharing anything about the ending episodes, epilogue, and extra episodes ♡

such a sweet gesture from XY q____q

edit:

i realized he kissed her nose quite a few times in this drama xD

• Like 1