Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

Hmm. I'm confused after watching Ep 35 LOL. Like everyone's already said here, the last ten minutes or so were very odd. And it's definitely not an "ending" in the traditional drama sense of the word. I haven't quite figured out what happened - I'm too sleepy for this :sweatingbullets: It's silly to call the coming additional scenes "epilogues" when the ending wasn't there grrrr.

I did enjoy Ep 33 and 34 though. The pacing was a bit off with a lot of random episodes (events) not given enough time - like what happened with TY. And although the Ning Wang bit served some purpose for the plot, I still don't get why they tried to create a loveline with NX =.= Too late, and no ground for it. There were definitely sweet moments and multiple kisses between our main couple :wub: BUT is it strange that I thought they were still really erm... gentle? I wished they would have been more passionate given where their relationship was at - the cave scene kiss was really passionate - and I'm not saying that it should be that intense or aggressive, but nearer to that intensity would have been nice... but I'm nitpicking. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to have an early night tonight. Maybe will do a recap tomorrow if it hasn't been been done. Stay safe and have fun everyone, and don't go too crazy! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epp 33 part 2        Epilogue Preview :   OK will translate this before it disappears, the top says epilogue so that should prove we're getting one!  

@suzy0604 me neither - both my usual sites have not loaded this epilogue yet.   @pad-hari are you accessing as VIP or do you have an alternative site where you are watching it?  

@suzy0604 I think some Weibo users hazard a guess about how she woke up but my Mandarin ain't good enough to figure that all out They left their son to XC because it was her dream to travel and

37 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Hmm. I'm confused after watching Ep 35 LOL. Like everyone's already said here, the last ten minutes or so were very odd. And it's definitely not an "ending" in the traditional drama sense of the word. I haven't quite figured out what happened - I'm too sleepy for this :sweatingbullets: It's silly to call the coming additional scenes "epilogues" when the ending wasn't there grrrr.

I did enjoy Ep 33 and 34 though. The pacing was a bit off with a lot of random episodes (events) not given enough time - like what happened with TY. And although the Ning Wang bit served some purpose for the plot, I still don't get why they tried to create a loveline with NX =.= Too late, and no ground for it. There were definitely sweet moments and multiple kisses between our main couple :wub: BUT is it strange that I thought they were still really erm... gentle? I wished they would have been more passionate given where their relationship was at - the cave scene kiss was really passionate - and I'm not saying that it should be that intense or aggressive, but nearer to that intensity would have been nice... but I'm nitpicking. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to have an early night tonight. Maybe will do a recap tomorrow if it hasn't been been done. Stay safe and have fun everyone, and don't go too crazy! :lol:

I was expecting more passion as well but the intimate moments and conversations they have(ex. scene after transformation) was sooo touching.  He was crying because she is going to “ sleep”, CY rubbing her face along his face and trying to comfort him, just loved it.  There was no reservations in displaying affection for each other after consummating their marriage.    Dang it, I’m crying again! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

After watching the epilogue preview so many times, I just realized something.

If you noticed, the coloring of the background scene that are shown to us at the beginning of the preview, it look like this is not a real scene happening at the moment.

I mean usually the background scenes are like that in a dramas if it is a dream, an imagination or a flashback scene.

Don't tell me that the scenes in the preview are just Xue Yao's imagination?:tears:

What is happening actually?:expressionless: I hope this drama don't pull stunt ala Goodbye My Princess ending ughh

At least that drama's tittle and the main male lead action on the earlier episodes make sense of why did the ending is like that.

But I won't accept this drama to turn out like that drama! Poor our Xue Yao!:crybaby: 

credit to owner

49 minutes ago, angelflower said:

In order to be more passionate like you said, I think they need something to triggered them like snake venom for Xue Yao and drug for Chu Yue LOL

• Like 4

I’m so emotionally drain from this drama  I love everything about it. I’m stuck with these two I love them so much lol I haven’t fell in love with a ancient Chinese onscreen couple in a long time. I watched romance of hua rong but skipped throughout each episodes because I didn’t like how she treated the main lead he did everything for her, and she was so stupid. I’m sorry for those who like that drama, but I think this drama is kinda better. I’ve read people wanted season 2 for this drama. I just want a good ending with them and their son hopefully they don’t skip 5 years later, and she had him (though it’s obvious their going to do that) I’m hoping it’s not all a dream unless the point of this drama is also telling us to wake up from this beautiful dream and feel emotionally drained because it’s just a story we’re back to where we originally were

way to go XY and CY for making me feel this way you two played my heart real bad

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
22 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

Estoy tan emocionalmente agotado de este drama que amo todo sobre él. Estoy atrapado con estos dos. Los amo tanto jajaja. No me he enamorado de una antigua pareja china en pantalla en mucho tiempo. Vi el romance de hua rong pero salté cada episodio porque no me gustó cómo ella trató al protagonista principal, él hizo todo por ella y ella fue tan estúpida. Lo siento por aquellos a quienes les gusta ese drama, pero creo que este drama es un poco mejor. He leído que la gente quería la temporada 2 para este drama. Solo quiero un buen final con ellos y su hijo, ojalá no se salten 5 años después,

camino a seguir XY y CY por hacerme sentir de esta manera ustedes dos jugaron mi corazón muy mal

Xue Meng tiene 5 años 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
39 minutes ago, enzek said:

After watching the epilogue preview so many times, I just realized something.

If you noticed, the coloring of the background scene that are shown to us at the beginning of the preview, it look like this is not a real scene happening at the moment.

I mean usually the background scenes are like that in a dramas if it is a dream, an imagination or a flashback scene.

Don't tell me that the scenes in the preview are just Xue Yao's imagination?:tears:

omg sorry for always writing so much in here haha but wow Q_________Q you're right...the coloring of the scene is so soft and light and....dream-like x((((( what is this drama doing to ussssss

amongst these confusing feelings we're all having, have this silly clip of our princess and general twirling endlessly to this classical song xDDD 

cr. to ppugu on twitter

• Like 1

@angelflower yup! I also feel there are so many random things that happen between ep. 34 and 35, TY did not really need to die. I mean WHY? to be more dramatic? To display that XM and TY are together in the after life? But, they were never together in real life anyway? And also the thing with NX and NW, it was supposed to be sad, but I feel nothing and just wanna skip, because it was so random.. lol

@enzek after you point that out, that coloring is sure is different and the place sure different. They do look dream-like, I hope they do not pull any pranks on us. I wish its them in the future, leading a simple life, living in small cottage, XY quit the army and become a writer and every night he would tell stories to his wife because his CY love stories so much.

• Sad 3
27 minutes ago, Montato91 said:

I’m so emotionally drain from this drama  I love everything about it. I’m stuck with these two I love them so much lol I haven’t fell in love with a ancient Chinese onscreen couple in a long time. I watched romance of hua rong but skipped throughout each episodes because I didn’t like how she treated the main lead he did everything for her, and she was so stupid. I’m sorry for those who like that drama, but I think this drama is kinda better. I’ve read people wanted season 2 for this drama. I just want a good ending with them and their son hopefully they don’t skip 5 years later, and she had him (though it’s obvious their going to do that) I’m hoping it’s not all a dream unless the point of this drama is also telling us to wake up from this beautiful dream and feel emotionally drained because it’s just a story we’re back to where we originally were

way to go XY and CY for making me feel this way you two played my heart real bad

In the Chinese historical dramas that I had watch so far, Chu Yue is one of the most forgiving and understanding female lead towards the male lead:D And this drama is using the trope of "female lead chase male lead first" that's why.

If it is the trope of "male lead chase female lead first", then it's the male lead who be the one that willing to forgive, tolerate and understand the female lead so much. One of the male lead that fit that descriptions is Han Shuo acted by Ding Yu Xi in The Romance of Tiger and Rose. Ding Yu Xi-Zhao Lu Si and Zheng Ye Cheng-Hu Yi Xuan are my favorite main couple in historical dramas this year. Both of these dramas are not perfect but the couples chemistry are off the roof. 

I don't know anymore about the ending. My head and heart hurt LOL

Actually there are many draggy and plot hole in this drama.

If not for Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan acting and chemistry with each other, I doubt this drama will become this popular until MangoTV decided to cut the ending into extra episodes so they can earn more profit LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
37 minutes ago, liesylew said:

Guys, I’ve been lurking here a while. I’m so confused. So is there just one more episode next week? A short epilogue? This ending was too sad for me! And is it all just a dream?

I've only been able to confrim an epilogue, or addition episode, not sure how long it will be. I haven't been able to verify more than that.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, honeytime said:

omg sorry for always writing so much in here haha but wow Q_________Q you're right...the coloring of the scene is so soft and light and....dream-like x((((( what is this drama doing to ussssss

amongst these confusing feelings we're all having, have this silly clip of our princess and general twirling endlessly to this classical song xDDD 

Thanks for sharing. If you watch many Chinese historical dramas, you will see many scenes like this happen to main couple especially if the dramas are mainly about romance:D 

I wonder, didn't the actors and actresses feel dizzy filming the scenes?:sweatingbullets:

Usually the actresses just need to look into the actors eyes/face while the actors need to hold or carry the actresses:P

If you enjoyed the spinning scenes, watch this video:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Anyone notice when flower petals comes to CY’s face? XY realize it and suddenly the scene jump to memory scene when they together LOL,  I think this is the real last part before XY realize that CY can wake up and kiss her (part missing in trailer).. i think mango edit this part, and replacing with the last part at eps 35 (i’m totally confused here hahaa when first clip his reaction when the tree moving little bit interest but in the end he ignored it) and make me a little bit strange with eps 35 they are totally mix it, i think 

• Like 2

Well I read one informative comment in Mydramalist by asian_things.

I saw the director’s official statement on weibo and it looks like it was originally scripted to be an open ended ending. However they decided to make it happy while filming it. (Mango Tv’s fault for cutting it out) anyway the director comments that he actually likes this open ended ending better. Because it is is more realistic and it feels closer to heart. He also says ofc the princess waking up also makes him happy. So that’s why the happy epilogue/special episode is coming next week, u can choose how u want to interpret the fairytale because essentially everyone interprets and understands the story differently. His weibo post: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4545162422004806

Personally tho, what is reality and what is imagination anymore...

The real ending is happy ending!:D

That's what I care the most right now.

I'm really grateful that although the director himself like the open ending, they decided not to just end the drama like ending in episode 35. Actually I don't mind if a drama has sad ending like drama Goodbye My Princess.

But sorry, I really hate open ending. Especially if you don't planned for season 2 at all from the beginning. It really annoyed me when I watch a drama until the end and the ending is hanging just like that. That is just a bad ending.

There is a difference between bad ending and sad ending.
For me, sad ending is not necessary mean a bad ending but an open ending is totally a bad ending.

So actually the screenwriter original script is an open ending? 

Ok, next time if I want to watch any of this writer dramas, I will make sure to wait until it finished airing first:expressionless:

Hu Yi Xuan is really adorable. Even she acts as animal she still cute:wub:

She really ate the carrot:D

Lovely fan mv to share:

credit to owner

• Like 5
2 hours ago, xiaoxf said:

I've only been able to confrim an epilogue, or addition episode, not sure how long it will be. I haven't been able to verify more than that.

Thanks so much! I hope I get my happy ending! 

1 hour ago, enzek said:

Well I read one informative comment in Mydramalist by asian_things.

So the real ending is happy ending!:D

That's what I care the most right now.

I'm really grateful that although the director himself like the open ending, they decided not to just end the drama like ending in episode 35. Actually I don't mind if a drama has sad ending like Goodbye My Princess.

But sorry, I really hate open ending. Especially if you don't planned for season 2 at all from the beginning. It really annoyed me when I watch a drama until the end and the ending is hanging just like that. That is just a bad ending.

There is a difference between bad ending and sad ending.
For me, sad ending is not necessary mean a bad ending but an open ending is totally a bad ending.

So actually the screenwriter decided to make it as open ending? 

Ok, next time if I want to watch any of this writer dramas, I will make sure to wait until it finished airing first:expressionless:

Hu Yi Xuan is really adorable. Even she acts as animal she still cute:wub:

She really ate the carrot:D

Lovely fan mv to share:

credit to owner

Me too. A sad ending is ok if it is an actual ending but open endings/cliffhangers just leave me irritated that I spent all this time watching something only to not really know what the outcome is... haha. Thanks to everyone for recapping! 

Edited by Jillia
Please not quote videos, thanks!
  • Like 4

0e72a210a32b8eeb.png

So, I was curious as to what was happening after Episode 35 (this is a screenshot from MangoTV itself) and wanted to confirm how many so-call Epilogues (or are those not Epilogues and something else? in Chinese it's literally Colourful Egg - hubby and son who both confirmed the translation are not drama fans so have no clue as to the meaning of the jargon... LOL) we are getting and this is what I saw.... I think without any translation, we can see 7...but I have no idea how long each one will be - someone more resourceful can find out?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

Episode 33 Thoughts

Spoiler

- Too many NX and NW’s scenes, it is too late and kind of pointless at this time (2 episodes away from the finale and I don’t really care about them at all)

- I love XC in this episode. When he found the divorce paper, I was literally shouting “Please don’t take it away!” I was hoping once CY got her sight back she will read it herself but XC surprised me by not only not hiding the paper but he actually told CY that XY and NX are divorced!!! XC, you are the best!!!

- Firework kiss – I love how they are staring at each other after the misunderstanding is gone and when they sealed their commitment to each other with the second kiss…with XY’s tear running down his face at that exact moment - That was so beautifully captured…:fullofhearts:

- Poor XC, I think he finally realized that he will never express his love for CY and it will be hidden forever while continuing to protect her, just like XM

:Cornykiss: He deserves a sweet girl…

Episode 34 Thoughts

Spoiler

- Why kill off TY? Her death is pointless except for finally being with XM. They look good together but TY, I want to continue seeing you and CY giggling and hugging like two cute dolls…:bawling:

The ending of this episode is pretty off – XY just got stab and he dropped his sword and fell down??? He learned of his brother’s death, and threw up blood and fainted???

Episode 35 Thoughts

Spoiler

- I gave up on rationalizing some of the plot holes lol especially everything that happened in the hidden lair of the evil dude

- Two of the best scenes so far are -

1) When XY won’t leave CY as she turned into a tiger, she wants to pound on him and he end up spinning her beautifully around (all their spins are so beautifully done – bet ZYC can save some weight lifting lol) Then CY was worried about hurting XY since tiger are vicious, she said her teeth will tear his guts out – and then that smile on XY face (God, I melt right then and there!!!) He found her to be so cute like a kitten and then she started biting him – argh, adorable – I bet this time he finally got turned on and managed to complete the ‘deed’ with no problem lol But why is it always CY initiating it… Not sure did you all notice the detail here but I noticed that XY released CY’s arms before kissing her lips – I think he is waiting to see if she will struggle or lose her conscious again and pound on him again but she didn’t and smiled back at him which means to him that she is conscious before he started kissing her again and then their palms met….for him to proceed hehehe

2) The next scene in their white robes, they felt so comfortable and natural together but also intimate… love it when he tease her for being shy after last night and tickle her ear… Then the atmosphere changed as XY asked the question will she be asleep forever after the twelfth transformation – I can see in XY’s expression that he is scare of the answer and then was extremely sad as CY confirmed it and finally forcing himself to appear to be accepting of their short time together – All this time, tears keep coming out of his eyes silently and even when they kissed I can see a tear dropping down his chin – God, that was one of the most beautiful and nature scene but also sooooooo heart wrenching…ZYC's acting here had some many layers :tears:

I need to stop here and take a break before proceeding to the confusing ending lol But seriously I may be weird but I love seeing ZYC's crying silently...it is just sooooo sad but beautifully done... (I felt the same way in Let's shake it S2 and Love of thousand year) One of my top actor who touched my heart with his tear...:wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I went back and rewatch the episodes and the part that got me bawling was when XY knew she was going to be in deep sleep, so he cried and CY was comforting him it hit me real hard because I kept talking about how he would react when she’s in deep sleep and that would be his punishment for what he did to CY and that I would feel bad for him, but I didn’t want it to be like this. I felt his love for CY I felt their love for each other, and I knew this drama would be painful but this is too much. Then to find out this is can all be a dream I freakin knew it because they referenced it in the drama but GRRRRRR I saw this coming. The way I interpret this is she wakes up and they have a baby and live happily ever after!!  :evillaugh::onfirex::smashes: 

Im trying to reply to y’all but it won’t let me

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上