[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

Episode 28 Recap (Part 2):

XC and CY are doing paper cuttings, decorating the bridal chamber along with LJ and NN. LJ and NN are having their own show, as he pesters her to tell him why he's annoying (she said so earlier while hitting him coyly). Shenanigans happen, and she ends up slipping (again) and LJ catches her. She hits him lightly again and says "And you still say you're not annoying." She gets up to leave but he catches her and bends her down, "I am quite annoying" (hey, the boy is growing - not as dense as before lol). CY and XC leave to give them space LOL. NN gives in and leans on LJ's shoulder. Well, at least one couple is happy.

And that's the end of the happy times... TY enters XY's study and opens the box. She finds the 3 things DS's apprentice secretly hid - she opens the letter (seems like she hasn't seen it before). Before she can do anything, XY comes in and asks why she's here. TY tries to escape with the letter behind her back but XY catches on, of course, and takes the letter (it's signed "Guan Shan Xue Mu") from her hands. He goes to the box and sees those things, wondering why the 2nd volume of Guan Shan is there. He sees the LYFX receipt stub (Princess Chu Yue is written on it) and the letter - he recognises his brother's handwriting (ACK I can't watch). He reads the letter:

"Princess Chu Yue, this is my first, and probably the last time writing to you. This "Journal of Guan Shan" is my present to you; forgive me for using the eyes of Guan Shan to tell you about all the places I've seen in such an abrupt manner. Guan Shan and Wan Wan don't exist in this world, though there is you, who can't sleep at night, just like Wan Wan ("Wan" is the word for "Night", so "Wan Wan" is like an affectionate name). Though we've met and yet not known each other, we can be like old friends chatting through the night in my book. (all through this are flashbacks of XM watching CY - and transition to XY reading in shock) Forgive me for my cowardice and weakness; I can only watch you from afar. I am not Guan Shan, but someday you'll be someone's Wan Wan. (scenes of CY dressed in her bridal dress with NN :tears:) On that day, you'll be the most beautiful bride."

XY stops reading here, tears in his eyes. TY says that she knew his heart a long time ago - she had mistakenly thought he liked her at first, but she soon realised that it was the princess whom he liked. XY questions why she didn't say anything before. TY says, "He watched over the Princess. So I'm watching over him. He gave his life in exchange for the Princess's. I won't allow anyone to bully her." 

TY tells XY what happened (as she knows it...). CY became a dragon and ran to Ying Hua Temple/Hall (the ancestral shrine). She danced and then after a while, fell unconscious. Then, a candle was knocked over (AHA. Important point - correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see - CY didn't knock down the candle - she was already unconscious on the ground. I think this lends credit to @xiaoxf's theory that someone else might be involved...) XM quickly closed the door (also important - that means TY didn't see what happened here). He opened it again to bring CY out to TY, telling her to leave "This place is dangerous." When TY came back, she saw his body being lifted out, and apparently there were three ancestral plaques found under him (which is why the official story says what it says). TY says that he had fallen unconscious from the smoke, and was burned to death. 

XY concludes that all that happened, and CY didn't even remember him. TY says that CY can't be blamed because she never remembers what happens when she transforms. XY leaves in tears of anger, unable to process his new-found knowledge. 

CY is happily preparing herself, while teasing NN in the process. XC comes and wonders why XY isn't here yet - he has an ominous feeling that something is going to happen. He goes to check at Xue Manor.

XY is drinking himself into a stupor outside in a restaurant. He has the spinning top that he used to play with his brother, and the string of money (the monthly recompense the government pays for XM's death). He flashes back to a time when he visited his brother in the Palace when he had just joined the army. He asked how life was in the Palace, and XM answered, "It's not too bad." A group of maids pass by and greet him flirtatiously, "General Xue." XY teases his brother, "Not too bad at all." XM tells him to cut it out since he's not interested in them. XY asks who is he interested in then. XM doesn't answer but says that he's going on duty at Guo Xi Pavilion. XY continues to pester his brother to tell him what kind of girl he likes, even joking that since his brother doesn't like the maids, he's probably in love with the princess. (Ack.)

XY mumbles in the present, "No wonder you always wanted to go to Guo Xi Pavilion." Staring at the string of money, "You only wanted to watch over her. We said that we would make something of ourselves together. But now you've become this string of money." He laughs bitterly, "Ridiculous. This is ridiculous!" (aw man I feel really bad for him actually :tears:). 

TY finds him and tells him to go to Ling Xi Court since the Princess is waiting for him. He answers, "Tell her I'm not coming. This wedding... can't go through." (*heartbreak*)

CY and NN wait over at Ling Xi Court. NN ventures hesitantly if XY might have decided to skip the wedding. CY says that she believes in him. TY comes to get CY. 

They arrive at the restaurant and CY tries to get him up. TY starts, "Princess, the General was going to prepare..." She doesn't finish when CY cuts her off and asks for a room. She doesn't have any money to pay for the wine because they rushed out - which is when CY spots the string of money (Oh no...)

CY tends to him, nagging him for not coming when he was the one who proposed the wedding. He stirs awake and sits up. She gently touches his face, asking if he's alright (my heart is being squeezed so bad - she's so tender with him). He stares at her and grips her wrist really tightly. She winces that he's hurting her, and takes her hand away. She hits him lightly, asking "Why did you get yourself drunk?"

He gets up and starts patting his clothes (looking for something). She asks, "Why didn't you come to Ling Xi Court?" He doesn't answer. She continues, "Are you going back on your word?" He asks, "Where's my money?" She answers that she paid with the money. He asks, "Who told you to touch my money?" She grabs his arm and says, "I'm your wife. I only spent some of your money, why are you... " He takes her hands away and walks out, just as TY comes in with a basin of water. CY stares at her hands in shock, at a loss. - End of Episode. 

Bring it on, Episode 29! I'm so ready for you! So ready for the pain of that scene on the street. 

I can just keep rewatching the sweet scenes to make it all good :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

How are we going to make it until Thursday for the new episodes???!!! lol

My favorite BTS so far (this helps me with the long wait) :D They looked so compatible together - How I wish they hold a live streaming for this drama with our main couple interacting, it should be fun...

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4540516671356943?from=old_pc_videoshow

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

How are we going to make it until Thursday for the new episodes???!!! lol

My favorite BTS so far (this helps me with the long wait) :D They looked so compatible together - How I wish they hold a live streaming for this drama with our main couple interacting, it should be fun...

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4540516671356943?from=old_pc_videoshow

i agree that thursday feels forever away!! they don’t even have the previews posted for 29-30! and yes, it would be fun to see a livestream of an interview with the leads. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Thank you @angelflower me too I wish I could help you carry boxes too.. moving can be very stressful.

Spoiler

Ooh man.. the ending ep. 28 is really sad, and its going to get even heartbreaking in ep. 29 when XY throws the letter to CY (thats a precious love confession letter from your dear brother that CY never gets to read, you fool!). And ep. 29 or 30 is where we have to see the wedding of XY and NX (oh, XY your going to cry a river for hurting CY)

Will XC take CY away like he said? I kindda hope for that, so XY could go crazy for longing for her.

Btw, I cant help but to feel so sad for XM and his love. Why must he keep it a secret? Can't he approach her? Can't he ask for CY hand in marriage to the emperor? He was a war hero, right? and just like XY marrying CY, it will subdued his military power, is it not? Gosh, look at me trying to ship XM with CY! Lol 

I kindda wish thursday will come sooner, but in the other hand, I cant bear to see the heartbreak in ep. 29..

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, angelflower said:

Episode 28 Recap (Part 2):

Hide contents

XC and CY are doing paper cuttings, decorating the bridal chamber along with LJ and NN. LJ and NN are having their own show, as he pesters her to tell him why he's annoying (she said so earlier while hitting him coyly). Shenanigans happen, and she ends up slipping (again) and LJ catches her. She hits him lightly again and says "And you still say you're not annoying." She gets up to leave but he catches her and bends her down, "I am quite annoying" (hey, the boy is growing - not as dense as before lol). CY and XC leave to give them space LOL. NN gives in and leans on LJ's shoulder. Well, at least one couple is happy.

And that's the end of the happy times... TY enters XY's study and opens the box. She finds the 3 things DS's apprentice secretly hid - she opens the letter (seems like she hasn't seen it before). Before she can do anything, XY comes in and asks why she's here. TY tries to escape with the letter behind her back but XY catches on, of course, and takes the letter (it's signed "Guan Shan Xue Mu") from her hands. He goes to the box and sees those things, wondering why the 2nd volume of Guan Shan is there. He sees the LYFX receipt stub (Princess Chu Yue is written on it) and the letter - he recognises his brother's handwriting (ACK I can't watch). He reads the letter:

"Princess Chu Yue, this is my first, and probably the last time writing to you. This "Journal of Guan Shan" is my present to you; forgive me for using the eyes of Guan Shan to tell you about all the places I've seen in such an abrupt manner. Guan Shan and Wan Wan don't exist in this world, though there is you, who can't sleep at night, just like Wan Wan ("Wan" is the word for "Night", so "Wan Wan" is like an affectionate name). Though we've met and yet not known each other, we can be like old friends chatting through the night in my book. (all through this are flashbacks of XM watching CY - and transition to XY reading in shock) Forgive me for my cowardice and weakness; I can only watch you from afar. I am not Guan Shan, but someday you'll be someone's Wan Wan. (scenes of CY dressed in her bridal dress with NN :tears:) On that day, you'll be the most beautiful bride."

XY stops reading here, tears in his eyes. TY says that she knew his heart a long time ago - she had mistakenly thought he liked her at first, but she soon realised that it was the princess whom he liked. XY questions why she didn't say anything before. TY says, "He watched over the Princess. So I'm watching over him. He gave his life in exchange for the Princess's. I won't allow anyone to bully her." 

TY tells XY what happened (as she knows it...). CY became a dragon and ran to Ying Hua Temple/Hall (the ancestral shrine). She danced and then after a while, fell unconscious. Then, a candle was knocked over (AHA. Important point - correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see - CY didn't knock down the candle - she was already unconscious on the ground. I think this lends credit to @xiaoxf's theory that someone else might be involved...) XM quickly closed the door (also important - that means TY didn't see what happened here). He opened it again to bring CY out to TY, telling her to leave "This place is dangerous." When TY came back, she saw his body being lifted out, and apparently there were three ancestral plaques found under him (which is why the official story says what it says). TY says that he had fallen unconscious from the smoke, and was burned to death. 

XY concludes that all that happened, and CY didn't even remember him. TY says that CY can't be blamed because she never remembers what happens when she transforms. XY leaves in tears of anger, unable to process his new-found knowledge. 

CY is happily preparing herself, while teasing NN in the process. XC comes and wonders why XY isn't here yet - he has an ominous feeling that something is going to happen. He goes to check at Xue Manor.

XY is drinking himself into a stupor outside in a restaurant. He has the spinning top that he used to play with his brother, and the string of money (the monthly recompense the government pays for XM's death). He flashes back to a time when he visited his brother in the Palace when he had just joined the army. He asked how life was in the Palace, and XM answered, "It's not too bad." A group of maids pass by and greet him flirtatiously, "General Xue." XY teases his brother, "Not too bad at all." XM tells him to cut it out since he's not interested in them. XY asks who is he interested in then. XM doesn't answer but says that he's going on duty at Guo Xi Pavilion. XY continues to pester his brother to tell him what kind of girl he likes, even joking that since his brother doesn't like the maids, he's probably in love with the princess. (Ack.)

XY mumbles in the present, "No wonder you always wanted to go to Guo Xi Pavilion." Staring at the string of money, "You only wanted to watch over her. We said that we would make something of ourselves together. But now you've become this string of money." He laughs bitterly, "Ridiculous. This is ridiculous!" (aw man I feel really bad for him actually :tears:). 

TY finds him and tells him to go to Ling Xi Court since the Princess is waiting for him. He answers, "Tell her I'm not coming. This wedding... can't go through." (*heartbreak*)

CY and NN wait over at Ling Xi Court. NN ventures hesitantly if XY might have decided to skip the wedding. CY says that she believes in him. TY comes to get CY. 

They arrive at the restaurant and CY tries to get him up. TY starts, "Princess, the General was going to prepare..." She doesn't finish when CY cuts her off and asks for a room. She doesn't have any money to pay for the wine because they rushed out - which is when CY spots the string of money (Oh no...)

CY tends to him, nagging him for not coming when he was the one who proposed the wedding. He stirs awake and sits up. She gently touches his face, asking if he's alright (my heart is being squeezed so bad - she's so tender with him). He stares at her and grips her wrist really tightly. She winces that he's hurting her, and takes her hand away. She hits him lightly, asking "Why did you get yourself drunk?"

He gets up and starts patting his clothes (looking for something). She asks, "Why didn't you come to Ling Xi Court?" He doesn't answer. She continues, "Are you going back on your word?" He asks, "Where's my money?" She answers that she paid with the money. He asks, "Who told you to touch my money?" She grabs his arm and says, "I'm your wife. I only spent some of your money, why are you... " He takes her hands away and walks out, just as TY comes in with a basin of water. CY stares at her hands in shock, at a loss. - End of Episode. 

Bring it on, Episode 29! I'm so ready for you! So ready for the pain of that scene on the street. 

I can just keep rewatching the sweet scenes to make it all good :) 

*sigh trying not to think of sad theories but also, does anyone else hope the leads fell in love making this? Or anyone at all involved in production? :blush:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

*sigh trying not to think of sad theories but also, does anyone else hope the leads fell in love making this? Or anyone at all involved in production? :blush:

I do lol I keep telling myself not to ship real actor and actress but they are so adorable together off screen as well 

Also, the second couple is cute as well and XC is a very likeable character too -

SNN is super adorable as a second female lead - I love the fact that once XY directly told her he doesn't like her, she didn't linger after him and end up being a close friend to the female lead instead 

It nice to see that even when XC knows his feeling for CY, he didn't overstep the line and continue to care and protect her - Even though he wants to take her away, he take her feeling and wishes into consideration and continue to be her safe haven...

It makes a drama enjoyable when most of the characters are likeable/adorable hehehe

• Like 6

3 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Thank you @angelflower me too I wish I could help you carry boxes too.. moving can be very stressful.

Reveal hidden contents

Ooh man.. the ending ep. 28 is really sad, and its going to get even heartbreaking in ep. 29 when XY throws the letter to CY (thats a precious love confession letter from your dear brother that CY never gets to read, you fool!). And ep. 29 or 30 is where we have to see the wedding of XY and NX (oh, XY your going to cry a river for hurting CY)

Will XC take CY away like he said? I kindda hope for that, so XY could go crazy for longing for her.

Btw, I cant help but to feel so sad for XM and his love. Why must he keep it a secret? Can't he approach her? Can't he ask for CY hand in marriage to the emperor? He was a war hero, right? and just like XY marrying CY, it will subdued his military power, is it not? Gosh, look at me trying to ship XM with CY! Lol 

I kindda wish thursday will come sooner, but in the other hand, I cant bear to see the heartbreak in ep. 29..

Hopefully the heartbreak in 29 is quickly resolved. there are still happy scenes from the MV that haven’t shown yet so we know there are happy scenes in the 7 episodes left to air! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Hide contents

I am making assumptions here but I think he felt he is inferior to her – He did mentioned before that the girl he likes is high up in status. Since he is a guard/hostage at the palace, he probably never thought to overstep the boundaries. I think he is satisfy to continue to see her and watch over her but never to be together with her, only in his imagination written in his book. Plus I doubt the emperor will grant the marriage even if XM did propose since at that time the emperor was already suspicious of his family (hence, assigning him as a guard instead of continuing as a general to strip him of his military power and to keep him close as a hostage to his family), therefore, the emperor won’t grant his request to marry the princess. However, the emperor was fine marrying the princess to XY because the circumstances were different. Unlike XY, even though XM did go to war and was label as a war hero, he didn’t defeat the other country. XY did and the emperor is afraid of his popularity/power and the only way to strip his military power is the marriage to the princess. He won’t have other ways to strip XY power at that point since he just won the war, a great accomplishment to the country. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@BreezeC aah.. that actually make sense. I cant helped but felt really sad for XM and his selfless unrequited love for CY. That letter was really beautifully written. Maybe thats what XY feels too he feel sorry for his brother. 

It seems like there are still no preview of ep. 29 and 30?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you so much @angelflower @WinCee

I'm really really grateful that you guys watch this drama and willing to share the recap with us here:bawling:

So we get a bed scene in this week episodes. Although it not the kind of bed scene that I thought of, it so sweet aww.

An upgraded from this:lol:

Credit to drama_aholic_

To this:P

Credit to kanajang_jks 

In my opinion, the assasins, hooded man & concubine whole plot are really draggy but the romance development between main couple in this drama is really good.

I also really like what the writer did with our main male lead and second male lead characters.

Xing Chen love Chu Yue more than just sibling's love but he genuinely want Chu Yue happy. Although he dislike how Xue Yao behaves towards Chu Yue with the dungeon and baiting the assasins thing, when he sees how Chu Yue and Xue Yao love each other he let them be and don't overstep the boundaries.

As for Xue Yao, although he is the typical cold main male lead, I like how this drama shows what he did for Chu Yue.

Yes, all his harsh treatment towards her at the beginning of their marriage and used her as the bait incident make me want to smack him but I like the many things he willing did for her.

He kneeled on behalf of Chu Yue after she & his aunt got into disputed, jumped when she fell in the lake, confronted Xing Chen when he saw how sad she was after Xing Chen treated her coldly and tried to cheer her up with the horse riding (though she vomited because she uncomfortable LOL), he also always visits her place in the palace and protects her even after their divorced, and willing to use the important "iron ticket" to cancel the wedding decree.

I'm so annoyed with many other "cold male lead" romance drama that show how it is mainly the second male lead that acted as main female lead saviour, protector and knight in shining armor with all his sacrifices and yet, the main female lead get together with the main male lead at the end. Not to mentioned sometimes the sadistic writer let that selfless second male lead die.

Like, whut?:surprisedwut: 

Show me the reasons why the main male lead deserve the main female lead!

Not just shove her with him because he is the main male lead, sheesh :facepalm:

So it is great that there were not much inteference from the second male lead during our main male lead and main female lead romance story here. Majority of times, it's our main male lead who did everything.

And since it seem how quickly our main couple reconciled after every of their arguements, I hope our general will quickly pull himself together and understand that it not our princess's fault. I can't wait for the next week preview!

Our lovely princess and the badass boys in Nansang:coolshades:

Credit to ckdrama

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, angelflower said:

Ah I wanted to note something because neither recap mentioned this - so in Ep 27, the bit where CY is dressed as a maid to go to XY in the middle of the night. I could be wrong since I skimmed but I think the reason she's dressed as a maid is because she can't leave the palace as herself.

Reveal hidden contents

XY wakes up with CY in his arms. He wishes that they could be like this all the time. CY says that the night after hibernation is always long, but to her it makes no difference because at the end of every sleepless night, is the longing for her beloved. (What... that made no sense... XY says the same lol.) Oh, she says it's a quote from Guan Shan lol. She gives XY a kiss on his cheek and tells him to get up to eat.

XY hilariously tries to shield the sun for her at the roadside stall where they are eating but his hand is too far away. CY pulls it closer to her face. 

XY feeds her the wontons and they act all lovey-dovey, attracting the jealousy of the couple at the next table, the lady actually doesn't want to eat anymore HAHA. CY gets self-conscious and tries to eat herself but XY stops her and pats her head.

CY asks what will they do after eating, and he says "Get married." Haha love how he just says it matter of factly. She asks how will they do that and he says, "It's not like you've not done it before." She argues that she was unconscious (exactly...) and also she thought they were going to elope. He says that he can't allow her to be wronged again. She asks if he isn't afraid that the King would punish him, but he says, "I'm more afraid of not being able to be with you." (oh dear the foreshadowing in this episode...)

CY continues, "Don't you mind about your brother's death anymore?" He replies that she shouldn't have come to him last night - after she came, he thought that if such a weak woman like her could be so brave, then why should he be so troubled? He has become the dishonorable, disloyal, unrighteous and unfilial person like she said. "Let's go to hell together." 

Then it's CY's turn to feed him, and she says that there's something at the corner of his mouth - she leans over and kisses him there. (AHH this is making me smile like a loony.) He is stunned, then smiles. He feeds her next, and when she leans in, he leans in too (oh my their chemistry).  

XY tells CY his plan for their wedding. He will prepare the wedding gifts with his Aunt and CY is to decorate their bridal chamber. He proposes to get married in Ling Xi Court - they will rise from where they fell. (I like how they're not ignoring this matter)

He brings her to the bookstore for his gifts - it happens to be the one which she frequents, and the seller recognises her, of course. The bookseller shows her the books she likes but she quickly hides it (HAHA this is cracking me up) and says, "I don't read these books - I like PROPER books." LOL. XY smirks and tells the bookseller to bring out all the ones she likes because he's buying them all. Out they come, and the titles are like "Missing My Beloved", "The Sad Life of the Prince Consort" and then "36 Ways to Tame the Husband" :lol: Embarrassed, CY decides to leave and look for XC to be a witness for their wedding. XY laughs at her leaving. He asks the bookseller about the book she likes, "The Journals of Guan Shan" and of course, the bookseller says there isn't a 2nd volume. 

LJ tells NN of XY and CY and initially thinks that she'll be upset. She is, but because she thinks CY is being silly, like a flower sticking to cow dung (aw see she's a true friend! though it's funny how she's so against XY now). She goes to Pan Xiang Ge to get CY a gift and picks a free gift, which she presents to LJ after they leave the store. He keeps his distance from her (as she ordered him to) even though he also bought her a gift. She takes back her order and goes to get it, slipping into his arms in the process (I actually saw the BTS for this - it's hilarious HAHA the actress was learning the slip from the Director). Anyway it seems like NN is growing fond of LJ now. She accepts his gift, and they're both happy.

CY eats with XC and tells him she's now even worried what XY will think of her eating face. XC says that he didn't even mind when she became a pig - CY is worrying over nothing. CY is surprised that he's saying something in XY's favour since she thought he'd disagree over their plans to get married (without permission). He does disagree but doesn't think he can do anything about it given that she's risking her life to do it. He tells her seriously that if XY wrongs her once more, no matter the reason, he'll take her away this time. CY thinks to herself that XC seems different than before. XC's right-hand man (I shall call his name Qin Yi Xiao, QYX now) tells them that the old beggar, Uncle Liao is now awake.

They go to see him - this time he calls her Xu Chu Yue, and tells her that he was her father's best friend. Her father predicted the danger that CY would be in with the Birth Stone - he didn't want CY to be the King's puppet so Uncle Liao took her away. Unfortunately the King's men found him and he was attacked, leaving him with permanent head injuries that made him lucid sometimes, but totally out of it at other times. He finished all his savings and begged, so that he could find her again. CY asks if he knew how her dad died. Uncle Liao says her father knew his death was imminent, and he wanted to save the last chance had to save her, to keep her alive. But then Uncle Liao's head started hurting so CY told him to rest. XC assures her that he will treat him.

Evil Hooded Master tells his apprentice to take the 2nd volume of "The Journals of Guan Shan", the letter addressed to CY and the LYFX stub (the receipt that tells who the intended recipient is) secretly to Xue Manor. (ARGHHH) He says then when XY is taken back to Xi Zhao by NX, no one can protect CY anymore. At full moon, with CY and the book, he'll be able to see his "Fei Xue" again. He goes closer to the comatose lady, "Xue Er, if we can't be happy, why should we see others happy?" He throws his hood down and reveals his face - Dong Shi. (and his voice changes for some reason LOL. Also I knew this was coming but was still hoping it wouldn't be true - so annoying and mad on CY's behalf!)

XY returns with his purchase of the books as his wedding gifts. Aunt says that there were already such books in the house. XY wonders if CY left them behind previously, but Aunt says they were there before she got married to him; might be his brother's. TY starts in shock in the background. XY asks for the books, and Aunt says she will get the maids to bring it out to him.

OH yes I was trying to get to bed so didn't go into as much detail!  In Ep 26 also CY is under some sort of house arrest I think because the Emperor wants her to stay put so he can have her stone thing.  So NX had been "helping her" get out - she mentions it a few time that she needs NX to help her leave her palace.  

Good luck with your move! 

• Like 2

I find it odd that XM could just watch CY in her animal state. Most of the time they try to hide when she's an animal and here XM was just watching with TY standing few steps away from him. 

I can't really undestand why XY is blaming CY. I mean even if she somehow knocked down the candle (I'm sure she didn't) when XM saved her he was still alive and that's the end of her involevment in it. Him going back there right into the fire is completely on him. I get that XY wants to blame someone and he is still grief stricken but blaming CY doesn't make sense. And I'm saying all this based on what XY knows and not what we are suspecting. 

LJ and NN are perfect together :love:

Thank you for all the recaps, spoilers, theories and everything else. You have no idea how grateful I am for your hard work :fullofhearts:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, averia said:

I find it odd that XM could just watch CY in her animal state. Most of the time they try to hide when she's an animal and here XM was just watching with TY standing few steps away from him. 

I can't really undestand why XY is blaming CY. I mean even if she somehow knocked down the candle (I'm sure she didn't) when XM saved her he was still alive and that's the end of her involevment in it. Him going back there right into the fire is completely on him. I get that XY wants to blame someone and he is still grief stricken but blaming CY doesn't make sense. And I'm saying all this based on what XY knows and not what we are suspecting. 

LJ and NN are perfect together :love:

Thank you for all the recaps, spoilers, theories and everything else. You have no idea how grateful I am for your hard work :fullofhearts:

I definitely understand the frustration, but people in general are complex beings. I think a large part of him feels really guilty for falling in love with the same woman that his brother loved as well. He died protecting her, and it's XY that reap the benefits. Had XM not died and had the courage to speak to her, I honestly do think XM would have been the person CY fell for. He's dead and here he is kissing her, touching her, speaking to her...moments that, in his pov, should have been for his brother. 

idk, if i was in his position, i would feel sooooo guilty. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

Wow, i did not dare to watch eps. 28 until today. Because I'm scared to be so sad after watching this eps. (Knowing the content already in cuts & spoilers).

Thanks @angelflower @WinCee & others for the recap, comments. Although I did not watch but can read the recap calmly :D

Below, I just want to share some of my thoughts:

- before watching the eps., I remind myself that, life can't be always good, it can be sometimes up, sometimes down. It is nature.

- so far, I see 1 reason why I am so attracted to the drama. That is because I like watching ML &FL so sweet, happy with each other, I enjoy seeing the love/chemistry between them. That is what we desire in life.

But if there are only feeding scenes, happy scenes, maybe we're not interested in the film. So we should appreciate what we have now, don't wait to loose it (like in film) to know how to treasure it.

- after watching the eps. The situation of CY is so sad. The man she loves may leave her, even after the night sleeping with each other. And she is divorced once, that's maybe worse at the old time...

But from that very bad situation, I see that one must be strong to face to it, I see the strength/ determination emerged in bad time. With this thought, I feel not so worried for CY :D

Prepare for the worst, but be opened for the posibility that good things may happen :D

- 1 other thing to remind myself :D XY & CY misunderstood each other because of bad communication. It happens in real life too.

1 thing that I see in BTS, ML & FL usually look happy with laughing, joking... with each other. And I see FL usually laugh/smile. She is maybe a joyful person, or making the drama makes her feel happy :D

• Like 5

@hmrhn Totally agree with you - Another thing I like on the plot is that they resolve matters/conflicts fairly quickly, even when there is misunderstanding they bring it out to the opening or it gets resolved within the next episodes or so...I am so tired of draggy plot which misunderstanding lasting forever.

Also agree with you on the bad communication part but the fun thing to watch is that we sort of understand why there is miscommunication based on their characters' personality which seems logical (in most cases) Even at the beginning they were communicating under two different channels and it is still the case now which is true in real life. They are two different human beings with different backgrounds and thoughts and it make sense to not understand each other even if they love each other. For example, even at their sweetest moment, after CY dressed up as maid to seek out XY and they ended up in bed. I don't think anything happened before, I think they were just cuddling because when XY mentioned to take action before asking for the emperor permissions, I am fairly sure XY is talking about getting married first but CY is thinking he wants to do the "deed" first, hence she reacted by covering her body lol Cute misunderstanding there but I see that as another example of bad communication :D

@jessica somerhalder Agree that if XM is alive and if he did pursue CY, XM would be another ideal man for CY and she may potentially fall for him - With that said, I think XY will also be a different person if XM is alive, somehow I think he will be more happier and cheerful and not as 'cold' or at least he won't have to put up a 'cold' exterior

@enzek You can't be more right on the typical "cold" male lead in dramaland - That's why audience have second lead syndrome because we don't understand why the main lead get the girl other than the fact that he is the male lead lol For me XY is not a "cold" person, he needs to be harsh and brutal sometime because he is a general who lead his army to war - suffered and barely survived coming back to his own country. As he said, if not to investigate his brother death, he just want a common lifestyle with a caring wife. Therefore, you can see why he needs to have a "cold" exterior but in the same time, you also see his heroic side of saving people as well his boyish/innocent side when it comes to relationship and love... 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jessica somerhalder said:

I definitely understand the frustration, but people in general are complex beings. I think a large part of him feels really guilty for falling in love with the same woman that his brother loved as well. He died protecting her, and it's XY that reap the benefits. Had XM not died and had the courage to speak to her, I honestly do think XM would have been the person CY fell for. He's dead and here he is kissing her, touching her, speaking to her...moments that, in his pov, should have been for his brother. 

BINGO. I totally agree with you that a large part of XY distancing himself is knowing that his brother, who is his whole family (mother, father, & brother)in one person, loved CY so deeply. It's like he's loving his brother's wife. Which is not the  case of course,  but he's so upright that it still feels like betrayal.

I'm not 100% sure that XM and CY would have been together, I think we (and XY) are made to feel that way but I feel XY and CY really are meant to be. XM prob. had years to approach CY, but never had the courage(?) but courage is what XY has, he can do the hard and right thing, he'll see it through, like marrying CY even though the Emperor just decreed for him to marry someone else. I think at the beginning of ep 28, he said, let's go to hell together, (die together). His goal in life has been to bring glory to his country and by extension to his family, something his parents died trying, and XM never got to do. He achieves this, but then loses the other most important thing, his brother.

I hope that XY being CY's "pillow" or ward to keep the visoons away shows how they are fated to be together, but also it sorta feels like they planted a seed of doubt, like together, but how...? Does anyone know if this is realy a happy ending? Lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jessica somerhalder said:

Yes, I understand that it's mostly his problem but I'm afraid that he might say things that will be hard to take back or forgive and then when he comes back to his senses she'll be the one keeping them apart because of the guilt he inflicted on her :cold_sweat:
I really hope that he will "forgive" her before more things come out about his brother's death. 

Spoiler

I'm still trying to interpret the look XY is giving CY at his wedding to NX in one of the MVs. I can't decide if it's "I'm still angry at you but I can't believe you're giving up on us" or just "I can't believe you're giving up on us" or "I can't believe you're here doing this". 

Thursday, please, come faster. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

It seem there's no preview for next week episode yet huh.

Looking at the the wedding pic make me thought, our general got forced twice to marry with princesses and brooding on both of his wedding day haha

Credit to little_xiaojiejie

Our princess is pitiful.

She was forced while unconcious on her first wedding then got dumped on her second wedding.

Hu Yi Xuan still look lovely even when she's crying.

Credit to kanajang_jks

I'm watching some mv of Xue Yao and Chu Yue

I miss their hijinks while they were still married-_-

Some beautiful mv of our couple

credit to Moonie Bui on youtube

Credit to Miki Min on youtube

• Like 6