[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

EUARGHHHH Even though I knew what was going to happen, it still made me so maddddd!! There were some sweet moments in the beginning- but it's all going to pits before it's going to get better.

Also, I ended up having more to do earlier so I'm not sure I'm going to do two episodes... it'll be way past bedtime... 

Episode 25 Recap:

Start from the scene where XY asks TY if she knew his brother. She merely says that she knew him as the guard. 

XY puts on his armour again and stays guard outside CY's palace. He thinks, "Brother, I'm weak. I don't want to be tormented by hate anymore. I can't let go of her." He hears footsteps and quickly closes his eyes. This was in some previews before (or maybe the song?) - CY thinks he's asleep and bends down next to him, slowly tracing his face. Then she starts amusing herself by poking and tickling him. He opens his eyes and grabs her into his arms.

CY tells him to let her go; it's not good if someone sees. XY says, "You're my wife." CY replies, "I was." XY asks, "What about now? Are you still my wife now?" He bends to kiss her and it seems like CY raises her head too but nope - she pushes herself away and plops down next to him, though she's smiling. 

They sit in awkward silence. CY asks if he knew NX before. He admits that he does; he fought them and they fought together. CY asks why didn't he say something before, and he says that there was nothing to be said - everyone in Xi Zhao knows him, and there's nothing between NX and him (oh dear...). He tells her not to get so close to her because they don't share the same goals/ paths. CY says it's too late because they're already friends (CY trusts NX so easily...) and she feels like she's been kept in the dark. XY returns that she was the one who wanted to be strangers, and she was the one who met so many potential matches (LOL). She asks if he's never going to let that go - and he says, "Yes, you've got a record (he uses the word used for criminal record) here now" pointing to his heart.  

She walks away shyly. He says the main issue they have now is finding a way to officially bring her back to Xue Manor. She asks, "Do you really want to bring me back?" He comes and backhugs her, simply saying, "I've lost." (ah... ok I melted a bit :wub:) She smiles and turns around, dropping her head into his shoulder, then putting her chin on it, saying, "Erm.. if only... Father... would make us marry again..." (aww she's so cute.) XY agrees, looking at their linked hands.

He suddenly has a thought. Preview scene where he suggests they have babies hee. (I think he's only half joking.) CY runs into her room in embarrassment.

NX asks her ambassador how the negotiations are going. He replies that they're at an impasse - so NX says they should work on the second matter now - her diplomatic marriage. He wonders who she's choosing between XC and Ning Wang (pfff) - NX throws a dagger at TB who's spying on them. She tells her ambassador to investigate the matter.

TB reports to Hooded Master about NX's interest in a diplomatic marriage. Hooded Master already knows her background and knows she's here for XY. He thinks it's good if XY returns to Xi Zhao because no one would protect CY then. TB also reports that they found the old beggar (Old Liao) but haven't been able to get a hold of him. 

The King is choosing someone to send food to his people suffering from drought. NW is eliminated because of his face injuries (LOL) so XC is chosen. XC asks to bring CY along and the King agrees. Then NX enters and brings up the diplomatic marriage proposal, promising to share the precious metal mine if that happens. The King is overjoyed and asks who she wants. NX says, "My chosen one is..."

LJ reports to XY about the threat of revenge towards CY from NW and Lady Su. But they think it's strange that CY would be so thoughtless towards etiquette on the former king's death anniversary. XY suspects NX has something to do with it and asks to see CY (who's gone with XC).

CY is distributing food personally to the people in line. Somehow NX is there as well. An old man (this is Old Liao) comes forward, and recognising her, excitedly calls her "Yue Er" (like one would call a child). He comes around and holds her hand, then he holds out something towards her (but from a distance looks like he's attacking her). NX gets up to defend CY but Old Liao has a knife and in the scuffle, NX's wrist gets cut. The old man had passed CY a child's toy. Two men watching in the distance leave.

NX gets her wound bandaged. CY feels sorry because it might leave a scar, but NX says it doesn't matter as she has worse scars, showing CY her scar from a wolf's bite. CY wonders how she got that since she's also a princess, and NX says she did it to save her beloved, so she thinks it's the best thing she did in her life (ARGH). CY is interested to hear that she has a beloved, but NX just smiles and turns away (argh again).

XC and CY visit the old man in prison. Old Liao seems a bit crazy and speaks only in phrases. CY speaks to him alone, and he gives her the 2nd half of the book, telling her it's her dad's, and also that there are "bad people". He keeps saying that as they lock him up again (oh please let him live... I feel like those bad people are going to kill him >.<). XC tries to throw the book away (No!) but CY keeps it.

XY has arrived at the prison to bring CY home. CY is happy to see him but wonders why he's upset. Preview scene in the palanquin where she gets him to smile. CY mentions that NX got hurt because of her, and mentions her wolf bite. XY shows knowledge of that (though CY doesn't see). CY starts looking at the book - there are drawings of poses - like a kungfu manual. CY starts poking XY here and there and he tries hard to avoid her touching him (HAHA), telling her to experiment herself. She leans on him and reads, and something strange seem to happen as those figures in the book seem to move and she falls asleep.

There's some dialogue at the back so I'm cutting it into two parts.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, Gina Madren said:

@yoana drl-The brother is handsome too!  :cries:

He is! No wonder the maid has a crush on him. He is smoldering hot. If fate be different, he could be the one edicted to marry CY.

I was wondering about the love letter, did CY ever had the chance to read it? How come the maid is the one who keeps it?

NX really get in my nerves these few episodes, I used to think she was kindda cool for befriending and defending CY, but she's another delusional girl who could not see how much XY and CY love each other. Just because she saw him first, bear scars for him, she claims that XY is hers.. pff.. I just hope that XY never gave her false hope when they were "together". 

Thank you so much @angelflower please take your time.. you really help us a lot. I always watch the episodes again after reading your recaps, and getting much much better understanding of the plot. 

• Like 4

Episode 25 Recap (Part 2):

XY carries the sleeping CY back. NX comes to look for him, saying that they should talk. 

XY tells NX to stop pretending and asks why she's here. NX says "What else can I want?" She says that Xi Zhao now belongs to her brother and her (hmm sounds like they staged a coup with XY's help in return for becoming Nan Sang's territory.) She doesn't understand why a General like himself became a mere Palace Guard, and has an ambiguous relationship with a woman who only sleeps (Hey! That's just mean to someone who's only ever been nice to you.) XY thinks she's after CY, but NX says of course not. 

CY dreams of happy times with the King, who's playing with her as a child. As she turns round and round, the father figure changes into her real father, the late Diviner. Her dad asks if she remembers the chant he taught her, and both little and grown CY say together, "When the Birth Stone appears, heavens and earth become one. Past and future, turning woe and fortune." Little CY disappears. Grown up CY runs to Dad and says she's missed him. Dad is here to save her life - he tells her to remember everything he's saying. He saw in his last prediction that she would have the misfortune of the Birth Stone entering her body. His last wish is for her to have a safe and peaceful life - he tells her that if she only has one chance left, to use it on herself. CY nods. He passes her the book, saying that the way to save herself is in there - she must read it carefully. He says that she will be able to save herself if she manages to use it during the full moon. Then CY wakes up.

NX tells XY that she's here because of him. They offered him everything but couldn't get him to stay - she wondered what does Nan Sang have to offer. XY says there was no way he would have stayed in Xi Zhao given that he's the descendant of Nan Sang's generals. He asks why is she bothering CY if she's after him. NX answers it's because CY's always bothering him - she holds up her wound and says that as long as she's still injured, CY will still look after her. She squeezes the wound deliberately to make it bleed (ARGH). Preview scene- XY tries to stop her but it results in NX hugging him - and CY arrives to see it.

XY turns and calls out to her. But before he can say anything, the royal decree arrives (NOOOO). Don't need to translate the decree since I'm sure all of us know that now LOL. As the Eunuch drones on, XY glances backwards towards NX - he knows this is her doing. Both CY and XY are frozen to the ground, looking at each other. XY shakes his head as CY looks at him questioningly - both of them have tears in their eyes. :tears: 

NX accepts the decree since both of them are ignoring it. She says, "There must be a misunderstanding. Though I came with the mission of getting a diplomatic marriage, I don't know why the King laid down this decree. CY, you won't blame us, right?" (OH YOU LIAR. :angry:) -End of Episode.

Oh dear... I know that's a horrid place to end but it's really too late now :wacko: If someone else wants to jump in, feel free - otherwise, I'll come back tomorrow for Episode 26.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Episode 25 Recap (Part 2):

Hide contents

NX accepts the decree since both of them are ignoring it. She says, "There must be a misunderstanding. Though I came with the mission of getting a diplomatic marriage, I don't know why the King laid down this decree. CY, you won't blame us, right?" (OH YOU LIAR. :angry:)

Thank you again!!

Aiya, :bawling: as CY would say, the next few episodes are going to be so hard to get through,  our dear MLs how will you get through this?

I take back anything nice I ever thought about NX, she may be a good fighter but she's been nothing but arrogant and rude to CY who has been only kind to her, and even befriended her.  I get she has her eyes on XY, but she could have just left CY alone.

I see why XM (& XY & XC) fell in love with CY, she really is kind, the actress did a great job portraying CY's kindness in a genuine way and I like that she seems naive to others, and easy to take advantage of but she's really very smart and resourceful. Hopefully we get to see CY knock NX off her high horse. My heart hurts for our Girl!

• Like 3

I may be the minority here as I am kind of on XY's side (Maybe I am bias because of Zheng Ye Cheng lol) except for the brother incident (I stopped myself when he started reading the letter because I already saw spoilers that the episode stopped at a bad cliffhanger closing lol and I want to wait until that is over)

Regarding NX, I am sure things did happened as she mentioned since XY confirmed the 'facts' but I seriously doubt it was romantic or as selfless as she claimed. I seriously think she added and subtracted things to her story to mislead CY. She definitely had a plan to come here but she is smart to not show her true color and pursue XY because she knows XY doesn't like or will marry her. Therefore, she first got close to CY to cause misunderstanding between her and XY and then went directly to the King to request the marriage, thinking XY can't refuse the King. She is probably making up lies on top of facts so that when CY questioned XY and based on XY personality (never over elaborate or explain stuffs; hence all the misunderstanding) he just admit it happened. To XY's mind, she probably did save him and he returned her "saving" by doing what she wanted the most - killing the foreign King and overthrown the kingdom, giving NX and her brother the chance to became the successor. To XY, she is not an innocent princess but is scheming to achieve her goal (which is probably true because we can see how scheming she is now and the only difference now is that she wants XY) Maybe she did fell in love with him when he saved her in the army camp but we all know that XY is always saving people left and right (he saved CY before he even met her lol) so it is just XY's character - If NX is thinking he specifically save and protect her, I am pretty sure it is a lie. Someone pointed out in Weibo, in the scene where XY is protecting NX from the wind, there is a same scene in XY's memory during XY first horse ride with CY when CY mentioned the smell of blood is a good sign because the blood is not dried out (meaning death). XY thought back to his time when he and his army were battling heavy wind to come home...AND the person in his arm was A MAN lol Not sure is it a typo or a sign of her lie there - Or in XY's mind, NX is probably not that important to even remember lol. As for that prisoner bracelet, didn't XY asked Mr Bai to randomly get that for CY??? NX, I am detecting another lie here!!! lol Seriously, I felt bad for XY here because when CY confronted him on NX, he looked quite clueless...and hurt that she doesn't trust him... especially when he put everything on the line to refuse the marriage in front of the king...

As for the whole baiting incident, I completely see why we are angry at XY's plan, especially seeing how happy CY was but I do understand XY's point of view - It is the only way to attract the attackers and XY made sure CY won't be harmed in his plan (of course she did) but he also risk his life to save her - Using her doesn't mean that he doesn't value her but it would be a lot better if he told her the truth - Plus he felt very guilty of using her and he mentioned that he wished he was only celebrating her birthday instead and not involving her in his plan - Plus I like the fact that he told her the truth later and not let her guess or suspect... 

With that said, I personally really like XY's character so far but I am scared I may dislike him for irrationally blaming CY on his brother's death - That's why I stopped near the end of episode 28 because it will be next Thursday before new episodes come out and I was hoping he can come to his sense fast and early...:tears:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

39 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

I may be the minority here as I am kind of on XY's side (Maybe I am bias because of Zheng Ye Cheng lol) except for the brother incident (I stopped myself when he started reading the letter because I already saw spoilers that the episode stopped at a bad cliffhanger closing lol and I want to wait until that is over)

Regarding NX, I am sure things did happened as she mentioned since XY confirmed the 'facts' but I seriously doubt it was romantic or as selfless as she claimed. I seriously think she added and subtracted things to her story to mislead CY. She definitely had a plan to come here but she is smart to not show her true color and pursue XY because she knows XY doesn't like or will marry her. Therefore, she first got close to CY to cause misunderstanding between her and XY and then went directly to the King to request the marriage, thinking XY can't refuse the King. She is probably making up lies on top of facts so that when CY questioned XY and based on XY personality (never over elaborate or explain stuffs; hence all the misunderstanding) he just admit it happened. To XY's mind, she probably did save him and he returned her "saving" by doing what she wanted the most - killing the foreign King and overthrown the kingdom, giving NX and her brother the chance to became the successor. To XY, she is not an innocent princess but is scheming to achieve her goal (which is probably true because we can see how scheming she is now and the only difference now is that she wants XY) Maybe she did fell in love with him when he saved her in the army camp but we all know that XY is always saving people left and right (he saved CY before he even met her lol) so it is just XY's character - If NX is thinking he specifically save and protect her, I am pretty sure it is a lie. Someone pointed out in Weibo, in the scene where XY is protecting NX from the wind, there is a same scene in XY's memory during XY first horse ride with CY when CY mentioned the smell of blood is a good sign because the blood is not dried out (meaning death). XY thought back to his time when he and his army were battling heavy wind to come home...AND the person in his arm was A MAN lol Not sure is it a typo or a sign of her lie there - Or in XY's mind, NX is probably not that important to even remember lol. As for that prisoner bracelet, didn't XY asked Mr Bai to randomly get that for CY??? NX, I am detecting another lie here!!! lol Seriously, I felt bad for XY here because when CY confronted him on NX, he looked quite clueless...and hurt that she doesn't trust him... especially when he put everything on the line to refuse the marriage in front of the king...

As for the whole baiting incident, I completely see why we are angry at XY's plan, especially seeing how happy CY was but I do understand XY's point of view - It is the only way to attract the attackers and XY made sure CY won't be harmed in his plan (of course she did) but he also risk his life to save her - Using her doesn't mean that he doesn't value her but it would be a lot better if he told her the truth - Plus he felt very guilty of using her and he mentioned that he wished he was only celebrating her birthday instead and not involving her in his plan - Plus I like the fact that he told her the truth later and not let her guess or suspect... 

With that said, I personally really like XY's character so far but I am scared I may dislike him for irrationally blaming CY on his brother's death - That's why I stopped near the end of episode 28 because it will be next Thursday before new episodes come out and I was hoping he can come to his sense fast and early...:tears:

I agree with you almost in everything and even  justify him with the brother lol, the baiting is so so, plans can fail. If it were one of your kids, no parent would expose them, thats the comparison that I made when testing love. And for his brother, I am very close to my only sister, and if she sacrifies her live for some else, I dont think that I could live seeing that person daily ( I'm not a bad person but seeing him or her would remind me my sister every day) and loving him would be even harder, just the idea for me is painful. He did everything for her, if you took him out of that place, she would be killed either for the fire or because she burnt down the ancestral hall(i dont really know what place was)he saved from everything and dying diverted the atention about what happenned, if not probably an investigation would find her. This is so complicate that I don' t know how I'll make thru a week:crybaby:p

• Like 2

Okay @angelflower I will try to recap Ep 26, part 1.  

Spoiler

XY, CY and NX have just received the royal decree for XY and NX to get married.  NX says there must be a misunderstanding, she came with a mission, she doesn't understand why the Emperor would order their marriage. She says "CY you won't blame us right?" - this is where ep 25 ended.

XY and CY just keep staring at each other (all the feels - and I love that they just totally ignore NX jabbering away!) CY has tears running down her face, turns and run off. XY jumps up to chase her calling her name, NX tries to stop him and asks him to talk to her about what is to come and he tells her to get lost.(Yes!)

CY stops, XY catches up and asks her to hear his explanation.  She covers his mouth with her hand, tears running down her face and says not to talk, she's going to ask the questions. She asks XY what the relationship is between him and NX, he says that in the past she was his prisoner of war. Quick flashback to NX tied to a pole in an army camp.  Back to the present CY calls XY a liar and runs to sit on the steps. XY goes to her and says he's not lying, he didn't want her to misunderstand, and also to protect NX's reputation since she is now a princess. He says that he is only bringing it up to so she wouldn't misunderstand and reassures her that they have nothing else to do with each other. CY says "but you are about to get married" and he says even if he gets married, the bride can only be CY. He promises her he will beg the Emperor to change his mind. CY is touched but says NX and her country can be his "escape" if the issue with his brother causes conflict between him and the Emperor. XY says CY is his only "escape", he asks that if he gets kicked out of court because of what happened with his brother, will she be scared if he takes her away and wanders the world together. CY is touched that he has thought that far ahead and says she won't be scared if she's with him.  He says then she will be his only escape. They already made a mistake with the divorce papers, he won't make another mistake.  CY says she will believe in him.

XY waits 2 hours to see the Emperor but the Eunuch says he is busy.  The Emperor is busy listening to his other son (the one that hid with NX who obviously has a thing for her) complaining about the Emperor marrying NX to XY, that she should at least marry a prince. The King knows the prince wants NX for himself but says this marriage is a pact to placate her country.  If things go sour and they go to war how would the Prince act if NX was married to the Prince? The Prince thinks the Emperor is treating him as useless and throws a tantrum, but the Emperor gets angry and tells the guards to lock the Prince in his palace. The Prince begs the Emperor to rethink the marriage decree.  The Evil Eunuch advises XY to not bother, the marriage is set.

XY gets called away, because NX's people are at his house.  They are there to talk the marriage arrangements.  XY is not agreeable, but NX's guard says it's the royal decree, they don't like it either but XY must obey. NX has already arranged some of the wedding gifts (the ones they give to announce the wedding) and XY looks like he wants to kill the guards and tries to kick them out, but the guard recognise the tattoo symbol on the table as the same as ones on assassins that had attacked NX's people, thinking that the assassins were sent by XY.  From this they deduced that the assassins ended up in a place on their map that was not checked.

CY and XC goes to the jail to see the old man, CY recognises him as Old Uncle Liu who used to work for her birth father.  He had a book with her father's hand writing in it and it reacts to the birth stone in her body.  CY can only be away for a short time with NX"s command stone and asks XC to look after Old Uncle Liu.  XC asks if XY marries NX will CY finally let go? CY says XY promised that he will fix it and she believes in him.

Marriage gifts arrive endlessly to Golden Bird Palace where NX is staying with CY.  NX says she has no idea why the Emperor keeps sending gifts (liar!) she's going to give it all to CY. (NX you are asking for a slap from me!) CY refuses, she says she's silly but not stupid, she knows that NX is looking forward to marrying XY. NX takes her inside, and shows CY a scar on her arm that she received because of the man she loves.  CY guesses NX means XY, and NX confirms it, saying that if the bite had happened to XY instead of her, he would have died and never came back to this country to meet CY. CY says that's impossible, XY said NX was his prisoner.  NX says that XY was not truthful and if she asks him about the wound, there's no way he would forget. CY says asks why NX didn't say so earlier, and she said it's because CY is her only friend. CY tells NX to tell her the truth since they are friends and we get the ...

Flashback to war time in her country when NX was XY's prisoner. A head guard gives her some water and then tries to take advantage of her. XY arrives gallantly on horse back and saves NX because he's a righteous general and bashes the guard. He helps NX up and tells all his army that in his prisoner camp no one is allowed to bully those who are weaker, the old the young the women. NX says in the present that her country the strong live and the weak die, she thought she would die for sure after being captured, and didn't expect XY to be so righteous.  So she decided she will repay him one day. NX says that at one point XY had lost all their food and resources and only had one week's worth of supplies, and it would've been impossible for them to find the resources from her country. They did not know she was the princess at the time.  Then we get NX's romantic take on their search, how she felt like there was just the 2 of them, how XY gave her the last bit of food and he nearly passed out from hunger and how she looked after him whilst he was sick, and eventually how she protected him and got bitten by a wolf. Eventually she led them to her father's location because she didn't want XY's men to starve, which led to her father's death. She promised she never wanted to see XY again and to bury their story.  In the present NX asks if CY understands her pain. CY says she doesn't.  NX says she has been watching CY in Golden Bird Palace, and she is very jealous of her. She doesn't know what happened between XY and CY that XY would think she is so important. CY says between XY and her, is the most simple, most ordinary daily things. Nothing epic like what happened between NX and XY. NX says she doesn't want to break them up, it's the Emperor's orders. CY says she doesn't care about the orders, she cares about why he had not told her any of this. NX says it's because XY wants to protect NX.  CY wants to clarify this with XY and stands to leave.  NX asks why CY doesn't believe her, CY says that if she really wants to know how XY, she has to go and ask XY directly and hear it from him, rather than hearsay. (CY is so right in this!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Episode 26, part 2.

Spoiler

XY and his men are about to go to find where the assassins are hidden. CY runs out to stop him so she can ask him a question urgently (oh man the timing!) He is in a hurry too and she says just one question, did NX save your life, is her wound because of you? He thinks then says yes, so what? CY says NX has 2 wounds on her arm, one because of XY, one because of CY.  XY tells CY not to think too much, they don't owe her anything.  NX's man tries to hurry XY and XY rushes off leaving CY behind with LJ. 

CY goes back to Golden Bird Palace and XT and NX comes out. NX questions LJ and finds that her guard and XY have headed off to look for the assassins and the black clothed man. NX rushes off to join them, CY says she wants to go too and NX says to block her and not let her go and runs off. CY asks LJ to take her and he can't say no.

XY and his men storm the house and battles the black clothed assassins.  NX joins the fight. CY  arrives and sees XY in a fight on the rooftop, NX is there too, and CY tells LJ to go help XY, but LJ refuses since XY told him to stay to protect CY. CY thinks that XY and NX fight well together (he does that spinning thing where he holds her and uses her to kick the enemy)  XY is about to get info on his brother from an assassin under his sword on the ground but someone jumps in to attack him and he has to grab NX and spins her around all romantic like and NX pretends to have something in her eye and leans into XY and asks him to blow in her eye.  This is all witnessed by CY who can't take it any more and says she has to go. XY doesn't see this, but does see the 2 black clothed figures jump over the fence. He throws NX at Mr Bai (haha) too look after her and runs after the black clothed figures haha. NX shoves Mr Bai off and says she's fine.

Black Hooded Dude is with TB who is injured and ends up killing him saying that he knows too much, and that he'll avenge his death by killing XY.

NX is complaining that XY is much more interested in chasing this lead.  Her guard says not to worry, he will have to marry her since it's the king's order.  NX said that's not enough to make XY marry her.  Since she can't make XY give up on CY, she will have to make CY give up on XY. (how did I ever think she could be a cool secondary character instead of a troublesome second female lead?!) 

CY is back in the palace. NX walks in and says the assassins ran away. CY is shocked since XY and NX fought so well together. NX asks CY to help put medicine on her wounds.  CY does so and the medicine is painful on NX's wound.  CY apologises and says that she is no good at anything and can't help them either. NX says not to be silly, CY is especially good, and XY really likes her. CY says XY and her are in the past.  NX says so are her and XY..... BUT, she had heard that XY had not asked the Emperor to take back the order for them to marry. :rage: CY says he has own way of thinking.  NX says she doesn't want to see CY feels so bad, she will go talk to the Emperor (liar liar!) CY says no, she is not important enough, and after seeing them fight together, she feels she is not good enough for XY. NX says for CY not to treat herself so poorly, what NX does for XY is out of basic instinct, it's not anything important. CY says no one can do what NX has done for XY, CY wouldn't be able to go against her country, her family to love someone. If she could they wound't have divorced. NX then asks CY for the ankle bell back, CY is shocked that the bell is hers. NX said that is what Masters in her country give their slaves, so they can be heard wherever they run off to. Back in those days, NX says she was XY's only prisoner of war (really?) and his only friend. CY then deduces that the ankle bell was XY and NX's love token. NX says, yes, she doesn't know how CY got it. CY says that XY had given it to her. NX says doesn't matter how she got it, a slave's ankle bell is not fit for a princess, she'll take it off her. CY refuses but NX asks her why she would want to wear something that doesn't belong to her. (I don't know how many times I can insert the angry emoji in this episode!).  CY says XY had given the ankle bell to her, so it's hers, and the one that stops the bell has to be the one who put on the bell, so if the bell has to come off, then XY has to come and take it off her.

Back at XY's house, Mr Bai and XY are looking at TB's autopsy which confirms his identity and that his heart had been taken. Mr Bai's guesses the black clothed dude that rescued him (as XY was questioning him) is the real Big Bad. XY thinks the Big Bad is a powerful man, but he is more worried about the poison they are using.

XC is raging abotother and now they are about to get married? CY touches XY's name on the invitation, and says that XY and NX knew each other from long ago, the "third wheel" is her. XC says we've heard all sorts of rumour growing up in the palace, didn't CY always teach him to ask a person directly for their version of events? How come CY doesn't take her own advice? CY says she believes NX (where is my facepalm emoji?) XC says you should believe yourself more and tries to take her to see XY to get the truth. CY says she can't go anywhere without NX"s help, and XY and her have already divorced so she has no reason to ask anymore.  Even XC says that she shouldn't care about that any more at this stage, in her heart does she want to go? NX pops up and says I know she does and says she'll take her now.

At XY's house his aunt calls for him. She hands him the wedding invite and asks him what the hell is going on, this will not happen whilst she's alive. (You go Aunt!)  XY is apologetic and says he'll sort it out, whilst Mr Bai explains this is the Emperor's orders. Aunt threatens that if that Wench from the West (NX) steps into her house the ghosts of all their ancestors will not let you go. Butler comes running in to say that "they are arguing at the front door"

CY is sitting on the front steps. XC is banging on the door demanding XY to come out and sort things out.  NX is standing there smirking and tellling XC to be quite and he's breaking the door. XC says that NX is not XY's wife yet, why do you care if I broke their door, this is not your house so none of your business.  NX says it's none of his business either and shoves NX. The door opens and XY and CY stare at each other. End of episode.

Not my favourite episode there I must admit.....  @angelflower this is hard work, good on you for all the recaps you have done!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 7

Thank you so much @WinCee :smooches2:

It really must have been hard doing recaps. You guys did amazing!

I love the first few minutes of ep.28, they look so happy and content together. I never seen our great general this happy and relaxed before.. and CY smiles to XY are breathtaking, no wonder he's head over heels for her. I purposely skip half of the episode because I cant bear the angst and have to wait till thursday.. hiks..

3 hours ago, WinCee said:

Since she can't make XY give up on CY, she will have to make CY give up on XY. (how did I ever think she could be a cool secondary character instead of a troublesome second female lead?!) 

I'm also guilty of this... sigh.. she turning out to be such a delusional schemer who just can't understand the word "no". I think her memory of the events between her and XY is most certainly be clouded with what she hope it was.

• Like 2

Episode 27 Part 1 

Spoiler

XY brings CY, XC and NX into the house where Aunt is.  Aunt says "this is our soon to be niece-in-law right?" NX is giddy with joy and greets Aunt. CY looks surprised. Aunt comments that NX looks quite cute and asks the servant to bring tea, the good tea. CY looks defeated and turns to go but XC makes her stay. XC says to Aunt that her last niece-in-law is still here isn't her memory a bit poor? Aunt replies that her memory can tell this is CY, she tells XY that CY and XC are guests and should be taken to the yard for a walk. NX wants to go with them but Aunt drags her away to chat. XY asks CY to go for a walk (ah you're so clever Aunty!) NX knocks over the tea all over aunt and she sits down on the chair quite forcefully.  XY and CY rush to her side (XY shoves NX away) and Aunt says that she's okay, and even if she's not okay she is fine since the two of them care so much for her. She links XY and CY's hand together and say that if you two are together our household will be so happy, and XY agrees with her. NX apologises to Aunt for being clumsy and suggests CY stay with Aunt for company since XY and NX are getting married soon they have much to discuss. CY pulls her hand away from XY. XY says he has nothing to discuss with NX and XC smirks to comment that after all that it was NX who has a one sided love. NX is mad and knocks over things on the table, Aunt is like what is wrong with you, and CY suggests Aunt goes back to change her clothes. This leaves XY with NX but he turns away from her and walks off and she chases him.

CY puts an "ice pack" on Aunt's hand and Aunt comments that NX is a foreigner who cares too much for XY and warns CY to be careful. CY is humbled that Aunt is so thoughtful of her, as she was fearful that after Aunt woke up she would ... (remember that CY was a pig? - this is not said) Aunt said that whether CY is good or evil, even if she can't see with her eyes she can feel with her heart. Aunt knew that CY had looked after her when she was unconscious and even if she couldn't move her body she can still feel the warmth in her heart. She asks CY to come back, this is her home.  CY says it's too late. Aunt says they're not married yet it's not too late, she reminds CY that when she first came she was climbing the walls (to get out) and so brave, how can she be more scared than an old lady now? CY says people are like that, the older they get, the more they fear losing things and hurting other people. Aunt says NX is so fierce she can't be hurt by CY, so don't get tricked (wisest words I"ve typed since I started this recap!) and that XY is working on the Emperor so she can't give up. Their family's honour was gained with the loss of their lives, so CY must fight for their happiness.

NX chases XY and blames CY for wanting to come here, accusing her of causing trouble on purpose when she knows the wedding is coming up. XY defends CY saying NX knows better than anyone CY did not do that on purpose. NX can't believe XY is still defending CY, is he planning to go against the Emperor's order?  XY accuses NX for being the reason that the Emperor refuses to see him, saying she is ruthless and calculating when she starts going on about how this is the Emperor's wish. 

CY asks XC if he can think of a way for CY and XY to get back together, XC is shocked why she would want that, he had brought her here to show her it's futile.  CY asks XC what he would do if the Emperor disapproves of someone he loves. He says that he has thought about this and would elope with the one he loves, but with money. CY asks why he would still want money if he has love, and XC says of course money is important,  otherwise his lover and him would have to eat  vegetables in the wild. CY praises him for being clever, and XC shows her an "iron ticket" which is a gift from the Emperor which can act is an endless credit card and  "Get out of Jail Card" (something that can stop the Emperor even if he wants to kill you) and he has the one from the brothel. CY wants one but XC says no unless... and thinks to himself - unless you become my love. CY slaps him on the head for stopping mid sentence and he says she can have the ticket.  She said to leave it for his wife, it's enough for CY to have XC. XC tries to give it CY but CY walks off saying she doesn't want it.

XY says to NX that he will not marry her. NX asks why CY can and she can't, what's so good about her?  XY says even if she is no good I would not marry you. NX can't understand why not, she has done so much for him, her father was killed by him, my city got raided by him, what else can she do? (Seriously you want him to marry you because you guilted him into it?) She accuses him of abandoning her now that the war is over and he can't use her any more. XY knows that NX didn't do all that for him, but for herself.  Because her mother was a slave and her brother and her were unfavoured, in fact she had used XY to kill off the people in her way or else she wouldn't be a princess now. He was saved by her, so he has not said this before, but it does not mean you can hide that from the world. NX asks him whether he remembers the scar on her arm, why would a liar gamble with their life to use someone? Why can't XY believe she loves him.  NX takes both of XY's hand and says he is hers and she is his, and of course this is when CY and XC stumble upon them holding hands.  XY sees CY and she runs away and he chases after her but XC stops him.

CY is drinking alcohol and NX goes up to her.  CY says you are my friend (who needs enemies when you have friends like this? Seriously!) and have saved me many times, it's her own fight for still going to XY, she knows he will be NX's husband but she can't control herself and apologises to NX for thinking about XY (what am I even typing?) NX tells her to stop drinking and breaks the bottle, she shows CY her 2 scars, one for CY and one for XY, and that CY can't ever pay her back enough. CY asks if she can make it up a bit by getting the scar better, but NX says no need, especially the scar for XY, it's their shared past, it's her life. Even if it's ugly but as long as it's there XY will think of her. CY says she will always remember what she owes NX.

XY is writing in his study writing a request for his wedding to NX to be cancelled.  Mr Bai brings the "iron ticket" issued by the previous Emperor which basically guarantee XY's family wealth and can prevent them from death if ordered by the Emperor and is XY sure he wants to use this? XY wants to use this to cancel his wedding decree.

CY goes to see her father's disciple and he asks someone to give her an antidote for the alcohol she drank. She also ask for a sleeping medicine so that she can get NX to sleep for longer so that CY can fix her scar. He tells her to get it herself and as she leaves she asks if he knows Old Man Liu.  She reveals that he had given her a part of a book and maybe that has a way to fix her sleep and trasformation problem.  The disciple asks her to bring it along next time so he can figure it out for her. She then gives NX the sleeping medicine in alcohol and NX falls asleep.

Episode 27 part 2

This will be shorter cos I really have to go to sleep i have to work tomorrow!

Spoiler

XY goes to the Emperor and basically gets knocked back.  He promises if the two countries goes to war he would fight for the Emperor but the Emperor says he has no more money left in the coffers for a war.

XY takes her ankle bell off saying that NX is her friend and this is NX and XY 's love token. XY having failed at the Emperor's comes to CY. CY tells him to leave this is the princess's palace.  XY says that she is using her status to keep him away, fine he is here because there's an assassin in here.  She says there's no assassin so he hugs her and says he is the assassin.  She pushes him away and shows him the ankle bell in her hand. XY quotes the dessert and wolf story of NX and XY's past, and since NX saved both of them then if they broke the marriage decree they would not be righteous since they owe NX.  XY says that's in his past and he will sort it out. She accuses him of not being truthful about their past and not keeping his promise to ask the Emperor to stop the wedding. XY is clearly disappointed, flash back to CY saying the bell is her prison that she is happy to stay in with him.  He reminds her of that incident and asks if everything has changed.  She tells him to take the bell back to its rightful owner, he shakes his head, she drops the bell on the ground (very dramatic!) he picks it up and says fine I'll leave.

Mr Bai then reveals that XY had taken his family treasure iron ticket thing to beg the Emperor to stop the wedding.  CY was shocked since she thought he had done nothing.

Cue lots of flashbacks as XY sits on the ground brooding with the ankle bell.  CY dresses up as a maid to go to XY. She hugs him and said that they are about to become the un-righteous un-grateful people.  He is crying, and she says "Let's elope!"

Then they are in bed staring at each other hahahaha. CY says you have been staring at me for ages, when are we eloping. XY says he wants to be with her in the open. He says they have to "chop their head off and then tell the King" which is to do something first and then report it later.  She thinks he wants to do it with her first and coyly covers her chest.  He explains that he wants to marry her first and then use the iron ticket to save her life. She smiles and shakes her head (because she wants something else hahahahahaahahaha) and he says then be prepared we're gonna "secretly pledge ourself to each other" which means they are gonna you know, do it!  She stops him because he drank alcohol and in the morning you might regret it.  He said he was quite awake, if you don't believe it we can sign a contract. Then they kiss! She smiles, he pushes her down and say what are you smiling at.  She says you go to sleep there's a lot to do tomorrow.  And they ......... cuddle.

Hahahhaahhaahhhahahaha. The end of ep 27.  Good night.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 5

I know that the last few ep. have been really hard to endure with the wedding for XY & NX looming, XY learning from TT that CY caused the fire at the acenstrual hall and that XM was in deeply love with CY before he died so i just wanted to do some theorizing about their reconciliation, I've been rewatching the episodes and noticed somethingS:

Spoiler

I don't think CY is truly to blame for XM'S death, I think that DongShi actually caused XM to die. In a flashback that XY has when him and CY first got married he thinks back to when his brother returned from the war that killed their parents, CY asked him if he had any siblings, and he didn't answer. At the time everyone thought his brother had also died. XM rides up as kids are beating XY and they have a heartwarming and bittersweet reunion, XM carried the parents memorial tablets home. They have a conversation about where the spirit of their parents live bc culturally, people believe they reside in the wooden tablets, but XM says that's not what their family thinks, they believe they reside in the winds of the frontier or something.

Then also, in one of the later bath scenes, Mr. Bai says to XY as he soaks that XM's death is highly suspicious, bc they both know he wouldn't risk his life for the memorial tablets, bc it's not what he believed.

In one of the first scenes with the bad guys, the leader of the assassins, which we now know is DongShi, bc it's revealed in ep. 28 him and his lead assasin talk about XY investigating XM's death. And how "everything was destroyed in the fire" so the only way for XY to know the truth is to ask his brother in hell :scream:.

In ep. 28, I used Google to translate what TT tells XY as she recant the events up til and right after XM's death, and she said he inhaled too much smoke and got stuck so he couldn't get out and suffocated :bawling:.

So, I think CY was used as bait to lure XM to the ancestral hall and DongShi set the fire, and used it as an opportunity to trap XM in the fire. I'm not 100% sure,, but pretty sure that TT would have alerted DS about CY's transformation, esp. if they couldn't find her. It's not really clear that CY caused the fire, TT also was standing outside the building she couldn't really see anything, and the only other person we are shown is XM, we see CY finish dancing and then she lays down, and next we see a  candle holder tip over near her. Then XM picks her up and gives her to TT, telling them to leave quickly, because it's dangerous and runs back in. I dont think he went to save the royal family tablets, I think he was trying to apprehend the person who really set the fire, and was trapped by them. I hope anyway!

Anyway, I'm not sure when our Leads will learn this, but I think CY will eventually get kidnapped successfully by the assassins, probably after or during XY's wedding, bc he can't protect her. Also, I'm about 70% sure NX is working with Dongshi, bc of a comment he made about waiting for her to come and take XY out of the equation and her envoy recognized the assassins' symbol.

What are your theories?

29 minutes ago, WinCee said:

Episode 27 Part 1 

Reveal hidden contents

XY brings CY, XC and NX into the house where Aunt is.  Aunt says "this is our soon to be niece-in-law right?" NX is giddy with joy and greets Aunt. CY looks surprised. Aunt comments that NX looks quite cute and asks the servant to bring tea, the good tea. CY looks defeated and turns to go but XC makes her stay. XC says to Aunt that her last niece-in-law is still here isn't her memory a bit poor? Aunt replies that her memory can tell this is CY, she tells XY that CY and XC are guests and should be taken to the yard for a walk. NX wants to go with them but Aunt drags her away to chat. XY asks CY to go for a walk (ah you're so clever Aunty!) NX knocks over the tea all over aunt and she sits down on the chair quite forcefully.  XY and CY rush to her side (XY shoves NX away) and Aunt says that she's okay, and even if she's not okay she is fine since the two of them care so much for her. She links XY and CY's hand together and say that if you two are together our household will be so happy, and XY agrees with her. NX apologises to Aunt for being clumsy and suggests CY stay with Aunt for company since XY and NX are getting married soon they have much to discuss. CY pulls her hand away from XY. XY says he has nothing to discuss with NX and XC smirks to comment that after all that it was NX who has a one sided love. NX is mad and knocks over things on the table, Aunt is like what is wrong with you, and CY suggests Aunt goes back to change her clothes. This leaves XY with NX but he turns away from her and walks off and she chases him.

CY puts an "ice pack" on Aunt's hand and Aunt comments that NX is a foreigner who cares too much for XY and warns CY to be careful. CY is humbled that Aunt is so thoughtful of her, as she was fearful that after Aunt woke up she would ... (remember that CY was a pig? - this is not said) Aunt said that whether CY is good or evil, even if she can't see with her eyes she can feel with her heart. Aunt knew that CY had looked after her when she was unconscious and even if she couldn't move her body she can still feel the warmth in her heart. She asks CY to come back, this is her home.  CY says it's too late. Aunt says they're not married yet it's not too late, she reminds CY that when she first came she was climbing the walls (to get out) and so brave, how can she be more scared than an old lady now? CY says people are like that, the older they get, the more they fear losing things and hurting other people. Aunt says NX is so fierce she can't be hurt by CY, so don't get tricked (wisest words I"ve typed since I started this recap!) and that XY is working on the Emperor so she can't give up. Their family's honour was gained with the loss of their lives, so CY must fight for their happiness.

NX chases XY and blames CY for wanting to come here, accusing her of causing trouble on purpose when she knows the wedding is coming up. XY defends CY saying NX knows better than anyone CY did not do that on purpose. NX can't believe XY is still defending CY, is he planning to go against the Emperor's order?  XY accuses NX for being the reason that the Emperor refuses to see him, saying she is ruthless and calculating when she starts going on about how this is the Emperor's wish. 

CY asks XC if he can think of a way for CY and XY to get back together, XC is shocked why she would want that, he had brought her here to show her it's futile.  CY asks XC what he would do if the Emperor disapproves of someone he loves. He says that he has thought about this and would elope with the one he loves, but with money. CY asks why he would still want money if he has love, and XC says of course money is important,  otherwise his lover and him would have to eat  vegetables in the wild. CY praises him for being clever, and XC shows her an "iron ticket" which is a gift from the Emperor which can act is an endless credit card and  "Get out of Jail Card" (something that can stop the Emperor even if he wants to kill you) and he has the one from the brothel. CY wants one but XC says no unless... and thinks to himself - unless you become my love. CY slaps him on the head for stopping mid sentence and he says she can have the ticket.  She said to leave it for his wife, it's enough for CY to have XC. XC tries to give it CY but CY walks off saying she doesn't want it.

XY says to NX that he will not marry her. NX asks why CY can and she can't, what's so good about her?  XY says even if she is no good I would not marry you. NX can't understand why not, she has done so much for him, her father was killed by him, my city got raided by him, what else can she do? (Seriously you want him to marry you because you guilted him into it?) She accuses him of abandoning her now that the war is over and he can't use her any more. XY knows that NX didn't do all that for him, but for herself.  Because her mother was a slave and her brother and her were unfavoured, in fact she had used XY to kill off the people in her way or else she wouldn't be a princess now. He was saved by her, so he has not said this before, but it does not mean you can hide that from the world. NX asks him whether he remembers the scar on her arm, why would a liar gamble with their life to use someone? Why can't XY believe she loves him.  NX takes both of XY's hand and says he is hers and she is his, and of course this is when CY and XC stumble upon them holding hands.  XY sees CY and she runs away and he chases after her but XC stops him.

CY is drinking alcohol and NX goes up to her.  CY says you are my friend (who needs enemies when you have friends like this? Seriously!) and have saved me many times, it's her own fight for still going to XY, she knows he will be NX's husband but she can't control herself and apologises to NX for thinking about XY (what am I even typing?) NX tells her to stop drinking and breaks the bottle, she shows CY her 2 scars, one for CY and one for XY, and that CY can't ever pay her back enough. CY asks if she can make it up a bit by getting the scar better, but NX says no need, especially the scar for XY, it's their shared past, it's her life. Even if it's ugly but as long as it's there XY will think of her. CY says she will always remember what she owes NX.

XY is writing in his study writing a request for his wedding to NX to be cancelled.  Mr Bai brings the "iron ticket" issued by the previous Emperor which basically guarantee XY's family wealth and can prevent them from death if ordered by the Emperor and is XY sure he wants to use this? XY wants to use this to cancel his wedding decree.

CY goes to see her father's disciple and he asks someone to give her an antidote for the alcohol she drank. She also ask for a sleeping medicine so that she can get NX to sleep for longer so that CY can fix her scar. He tells her to get it herself and as she leaves she asks if he knows Old Man Liu.  She reveals that he had given her a part of a book and maybe that has a way to fix her sleep and trasformation problem.  The disciple asks her to bring it along next time so he can figure it out for her. She then gives NX the sleeping medicine in alcohol and NX falls asleep.

Episode 27 part 2

This will be shorter cos I really have to go to sleep i have to work tomorrow!

Reveal hidden contents

XY goes to the Emperor and basically gets knocked back.  He promises if the two countries goes to war he would fight for the Emperor but the Emperor says he has no more money left in the coffers for a war.

XY takes her ankle bell off saying that NX is her friend and this is NX and XY 's love token. XY having failed at the Emperor's comes to CY. CY tells him to leave this is the princess's palace.  XY says that she is using her status to keep him away, fine he is here because there's an assassin in here.  She says there's no assassin so he hugs her and says he is the assassin.  She pushes him away and shows him the ankle bell in her hand. XY quotes the dessert and wolf story of NX and XY's past, and since NX saved both of them then if they broke the marriage decree they would not be righteous since they owe NX.  XY says that's in his past and he will sort it out. She accuses him of not being truthful about their past and not keeping his promise to ask the Emperor to stop the wedding. XY is clearly disappointed, flash back to CY saying the bell is her prison that she is happy to stay in with him.  He reminds her of that incident and asks if everything has changed.  She tells him to take the bell back to its rightful owner, he shakes his head, she drops the bell on the ground (very dramatic!) he picks it up and says fine I'll leave.

Mr Bai then reveals that XY had taken his family treasure iron ticket thing to beg the Emperor to stop the wedding.  CY was shocked since she thought he had done nothing.

Cue lots of flashbacks as XY sits on the ground brooding with the ankle bell.  CY dresses up as a maid to go to XY. She hugs him and said that they are about to become the un-righteous un-grateful people.  He is crying, and she says "Let's elope!"

Then they are in bed staring at each other hahahaha. CY says you have been staring at me for ages, when are we eloping. XY says he wants to be with her in the open. He says they have to "chop their head off and then tell the King" which is to do something first and then report it later.  She thinks he wants to do it with her first and coyly covers her chest.  He explains that he wants to marry her first and then use the iron ticket to save her life. She smiles and shakes her head (because she wants something else hahahahahaahahaha) and he says then be prepared we're gonna "secretly pledge ourself to each other" which means they are gonna you know, do it!  She stops him because he drank alcohol and in the morning you might regret it.  He said he was quite awake, if you don't believe it we can sign a contract. Then they kiss! She smiles, he pushes her down and say what are you smiling at.  She says you go to sleep there's a lot to do tomorrow.  And they ......... cuddle.

Hahahhaahhaahhhahahaha. The end of ep 27.  Good night.

Thank you @WinCee

and @angelflower

you guys have invested so much time and efforts in giving us detailed recaps!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

@xiaoxf OMG you r so smart! Your theories are actually very possible, because XM death is very suspicious.

These are my theories :

Spoiler

I also do not believe his death was cause by trying to save the tablets. He must be trapped in the fire by the diviner. Concerning NX involment with the sect/assasins group is also possible, but what I don't get why NX wants to be involve with them, when they are clearly trying to harm XY, the man she loves.

My theories are XY wil finds clues on the involment of NX with the diviner sect, and he will use his wedding with NX as means to uncover the truth. CY will feel very guilty thinking that she caused XM death and decided to let go of XY to marry NX, but somehow XY will not go trough with the wedding at the last minute, as we see he take off his wedding garb in front of NX (i hope)

Perhaps war will break between the two countries (in accordance with CY's vision in her dream), and XY life will be in danger, she will try to chance this, thus falling into comatose.

The king will be killed by the diviner, and XC will be the new emperor granting his sister and XY wedding.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

@xiaoxf OMG you r so smart! Your theories are actually very possible, because XM death is very suspicious.

These are my theories :

Reveal hidden contents

I also do not believe his death was cause by trying to save the tablets. He must be trapped in the fire by the diviner. Concerning NX involment with the sect/assasins group is also possible, but what I don't get why NX wants to be involve with them, when they are clearly trying to harm XY, the man she loves.

My theories are XY wil finds clues on the involment of NX with the diviner sect, and he will use his wedding with NX as means to uncover the truth. CY will feel very guilty thinking that she caused XM death and decided to let go of XY to marry NX, but somehow XY will not go trough with the wedding at the last minute, as we see he take off his wedding garb in front of NX (i hope)

Perhaps war will break between the two countries (in accordance with CY's vision in her dream), and XY life will be in danger, she will try to chance this, thus falling into comatose.

The king will be killed by the diviner, and XC will be the new emperor granting his sister and XY wedding.

Lol, not smart just too mich time spent rewatching and too much time theorizing.

Your theories too seems very possible,  and likely re: the NX and her country.

I like that (so far) XC doesn't seem to have been involved, and his goal was just to amass wealth on his own so he doesn't need to rely on the Emperor, and so that he can provide CY with security.

Spoiler

I'm super conflicted about DS, I didnt really suspect him at all in the beginnign, then I saw a fan theory on Instagram. he seemed so caring towards CY. I began to suspect him more when the Emperor started having bad dreams, and remembered that he had give him some gold pills. Part of me hope that DS didn't mean to kill XM, and that everything was just a big tragic accident. This is for CY sake, bc she has so few people who care for her, and who she calls family, and of the 3 men who she calls family (before XY) 2 of them just use her. :bawling:

• Like 4

@WinCee It takes longer than you think, doesn't it? Haha reading the recaps is so quick. But it's nice to do it when there is an appreciative crowd - thanks for the support of everyone here :D You did a really good job too!

Oh and you gave me a sweet one (the beginning anyway) to recap! Haha I skimmed Eps 26-28 last night because I really had to go to bed... I'll rewatch them properly since the new episodes are so far away (!) I was tempted to just wait till next week but since you all will be waiting - Episode 28 it shall be.

Ah I wanted to note something because neither recap mentioned this - so in Ep 27, the bit where CY is dressed as a maid to go to XY in the middle of the night. I could be wrong since I skimmed but I think the reason she's dressed as a maid is because she can't leave the palace as herself.

Episode 28 Recap:

XY wakes up with CY in his arms. He wishes that they could be like this all the time. CY says that the night after hibernation is always long, but to her it makes no difference because at the end of every sleepless night, is the longing for her beloved. (What... that made no sense... XY says the same lol.) Oh, she says it's a quote from Guan Shan lol. She gives XY a kiss on his cheek and tells him to get up to eat.

XY hilariously tries to shield the sun for her at the roadside stall where they are eating but his hand is too far away. CY pulls it closer to her face. 

XY feeds her the wontons and they act all lovey-dovey, attracting the jealousy of the couple at the next table, the lady actually doesn't want to eat anymore HAHA. CY gets self-conscious and tries to eat herself but XY stops her and pats her head.

CY asks what will they do after eating, and he says "Get married." Haha love how he just says it matter of factly. She asks how will they do that and he says, "It's not like you've not done it before." She argues that she was unconscious (exactly...) and also she thought they were going to elope. He says that he can't allow her to be wronged again. She asks if he isn't afraid that the King would punish him, but he says, "I'm more afraid of not being able to be with you." (oh dear the foreshadowing in this episode...)

CY continues, "Don't you mind about your brother's death anymore?" He replies that she shouldn't have come to him last night - after she came, he thought that if such a weak woman like her could be so brave, then why should he be so troubled? He has become the dishonorable, disloyal, unrighteous and unfilial person like she said. "Let's go to hell together." 

Then it's CY's turn to feed him, and she says that there's something at the corner of his mouth - she leans over and kisses him there. (AHH this is making me smile like a loony.) He is stunned, then smiles. He feeds her next, and when she leans in, he leans in too (oh my their chemistry).  

XY tells CY his plan for their wedding. He will prepare the wedding gifts with his Aunt and CY is to decorate their bridal chamber. He proposes to get married in Ling Xi Court - they will rise from where they fell. (I like how they're not ignoring this matter)

He brings her to the bookstore for his gifts - it happens to be the one which she frequents, and the seller recognises her, of course. The bookseller shows her the books she likes but she quickly hides it (HAHA this is cracking me up) and says, "I don't read these books - I like PROPER books." LOL. XY smirks and tells the bookseller to bring out all the ones she likes because he's buying them all. Out they come, and the titles are like "Missing My Beloved", "The Sad Life of the Prince Consort" and then "36 Ways to Tame the Husband" :lol: Embarrassed, CY decides to leave and look for XC to be a witness for their wedding. XY laughs at her leaving. He asks the bookseller about the book she likes, "The Journals of Guan Shan" and of course, the bookseller says there isn't a 2nd volume. 

LJ tells NN of XY and CY and initially thinks that she'll be upset. She is, but because she thinks CY is being silly, like a flower sticking to cow dung (aw see she's a true friend! though it's funny how she's so against XY now). She goes to Pan Xiang Ge to get CY a gift and picks a free gift, which she presents to LJ after they leave the store. He keeps his distance from her (as she ordered him to) even though he also bought her a gift. She takes back her order and goes to get it, slipping into his arms in the process (I actually saw the BTS for this - it's hilarious HAHA the actress was learning the slip from the Director). Anyway it seems like NN is growing fond of LJ now. She accepts his gift, and they're both happy.

CY eats with XC and tells him she's now even worried what XY will think of her eating face. XC says that he didn't even mind when she became a pig - CY is worrying over nothing. CY is surprised that he's saying something in XY's favour since she thought he'd disagree over their plans to get married (without permission). He does disagree but doesn't think he can do anything about it given that she's risking her life to do it. He tells her seriously that if XY wrongs her once more, no matter the reason, he'll take her away this time. CY thinks to herself that XC seems different than before. XC's right-hand man (I shall call his name Qin Yi Xiao, QYX now) tells them that the old beggar, Uncle Liao is now awake.

They go to see him - this time he calls her Xu Chu Yue, and tells her that he was her father's best friend. Her father predicted the danger that CY would be in with the Birth Stone - he didn't want CY to be the King's puppet so Uncle Liao took her away. Unfortunately the King's men found him and he was attacked, leaving him with permanent head injuries that made him lucid sometimes, but totally out of it at other times. He finished all his savings and begged, so that he could find her again. CY asks if he knew how her dad died. Uncle Liao says her father knew his death was imminent, and he wanted to save the last chance had to save her, to keep her alive. But then Uncle Liao's head started hurting so CY told him to rest. XC assures her that he will treat him.

Evil Hooded Master tells his apprentice to take the 2nd volume of "The Journals of Guan Shan", the letter addressed to CY and the LYFX stub (the receipt that tells who the intended recipient is) secretly to Xue Manor. (ARGHHH) He says then when XY is taken back to Xi Zhao by NX, no one can protect CY anymore. At full moon, with CY and the book, he'll be able to see his "Fei Xue" again. He goes closer to the comatose lady, "Xue Er, if we can't be happy, why should we see others happy?" He throws his hood down and reveals his face - Dong Shi. (and his voice changes for some reason LOL. Also I knew this was coming but was still hoping it wouldn't be true - so annoying and mad on CY's behalf!)

XY returns with his purchase of the books as his wedding gifts. Aunt says that there were already such books in the house. XY wonders if CY left them behind previously, but Aunt says they were there before she got married to him; might be his brother's. TY starts in shock in the background. XY asks for the books, and Aunt says she will get the maids to bring it out to him.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

OMG I hate NX, stinky scheming foreign princess!!! Another delusional girl... it’s funny how XY is ruthless with her (I think he could be more rude to her though!) but still... remind me Su Jin in ten miles of peach blossom. Lol

@xiaoxf I agree with you about the cause of XM’s death. Because the reason of his death was suspicious from the beginning and it makes sense for the storyline and also like that CY didn’t cause XM’s death so XY can love her without guilt.

BTW I love XC (so far), I hope he will have a happy ending!!! 

@angelflower thank you for your time while you’re moving out!! Wish I could carry a few boxes for you in return!!!! 

• Like 5