[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

Watched the first two eps from my mom's recommendation, and omg, Chu Yue is sooooo freaking adorable! I love the interaction between the Chu Yue and Xue Yao, even if there isn't romance development yet, but they are so hilarious together and have so much chemistry. I'm just giggling and squealing like a fool when I'm watching the eps lol. 

• Like 2

Ep 15 preview English subtitle 

6 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I simply enjoy this drama very much. Was pleasantly surprised that how good the leads are. FL has chemistry with ML n her "royal" brother. The chemistry between the three of them are very good.

Mystery still surrounds FL ... why the assassins want her dead or kidnap her.

I really enjoy it so far i just need a proper English subtitles.  I love their chemistry 

Ep 16 preview 

On 8/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, Jessica Vargas Rubio said:

He will remarried  another girl!!!!!

Where did you see it?? I watched up to ep 5 with subs. I love it, she thinks that he will kill her at aby given time and he thinks that she's spying him, so the misundertandings are hilarious!!

6 minutes ago, yoana drl said:

Where did you see it?? I watched up to ep 5 with subs. I love it, she thinks that he will kill her at aby given time and he thinks that she's spying him, so the misundertandings are hilarious!!

One of the promo video showed ML in a wedding ceremony with another girl and FL tried to stop him.

I gotta watch those again. Now they subbed up to ep 12, waiting patiently for the rest. They have an amazing chemistry. I am wondering if the guy who want to kidnap her is the astrologist or XF's brother, to save the the lady on the chamber???

16 minutes ago, yoana drl said:

I gotta watch those again. Now they subbed up to ep 12, waiting patiently for the rest. They have an amazing chemistry. I am wondering if the guy who want to kidnap her is the astrologist or XF's brother, to save the the lady on the chamber???

I heard the current subtitles is horrible, just better than nothing.  

The guy who kidnapped was her former finance.  He was engaged to her but he heard she has this illness so he broke of the engagement.  Then the King edicted her to marry the ML(General) cause the King didn't trust that ML is loyal to him.  Her former finance couldn't find a girl he likes after browsing thru countless girls' pictures and he came ML and FL's wedding pictures and he regretted.  He also encountered her at a restaurant and saw that she wasn't sick like people said so he kidnapped her.

• Insightful 1

49 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I heard the current subtitles is horrible, just better than nothing.  

The guy who kidnapped was her former finance.  He was engaged to her but he heard she has this illness so he broke of the engagement.  Then the King edicted her to marry the ML(General) cause the King didn't trust that ML is loyal to him.  Her former finance couldn't find a girl he likes after browsing thru countless girls' pictures and he came ML and FL's wedding pictures and he regretted.  He also encountered her at a restaurant and saw that she wasn't sick like people said so he kidnapped her.

Yes, subs are hard to understand, i believe they are literal and, probably sentence structure in chinese is different, so it sometimes makes no sense. And yes I watched it was her former boyfriend who kidnapped her, I referring to the hooded guy that wants her and sent assasins on the 1ep

Do anyone knows how many ep do we get weekly?

15 minutes ago, yoana drl said:

Yes, subs are hard to understand, i believe they are literal and, probably sentence structure in chinese is different, so it sometimes makes no sense. And yes I watched it was her former boyfriend who kidnapped her, I referring to the hooded guy that wants her and sent assasins on the 1ep

2 episodes per day from Monday to Thursday 

On 8/7/2020 at 8:55 AM, yoana drl said:

According to my mom, the hooded assassins in ep 1 didn't want her dead, they wanted to catch her alive. 

Edit: Sorry, my mom's wrong about the identity of the assassins so I edited the post. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

Oh man, I read the character descriptions and ended up with some major spoilers. It's about Xue Mu, the general's dead brother and Tao Yao, the princess' maid.

Spoiler

Turns out that the one that Xue Mu was in love with is the princess! And Tao Yao is in love with him. After his death, she took it upon herself to protect the princess in his place, however she feels some bitterness towards the princess. In the end, she sacrifice herself to save the princess. 

Also, Chu Yue is not only good at comedy, she's so effortlessly cute and adorable without appearing cringy, but she also made me feel her pain in the jail scene. From being interrogated by the general, to hearing with everyone a speech that amounted to her dad not caring about her situation, to apologizing to the general in order to save her brother... oof, it really hit me. Thank goodness there are people that see her true worth. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I didn't realise that there were no subtitles available - you guys are amazing for following along! 

@MidnightRain Ooo where did you read that? That totally explains what happens in the preview - I was wondering what was the conflict that would come between them.

I saw some questions from the previous page and thought perhaps the general trailer is still useful at this point - I've seen all released episodes to date (Episode 14) so there are some I've already seen and some yet to come:

Chu Yue (CY): Although there are tens of thousands of ways in the world to fall asleep and dream, there will only be true rest in the arms of your destined one. Although there are tens of thousands of beautiful, lasting sceneries, only in the arms of your beloved will you be at home. 

CY: I want to sleep too. But this sickness of mine means that I can only sleep when the sun rises.

CY: I was just fine in the palace. But then I woke up and I was married to a someone I've never met.

CY: Rough warrior who knows no gentleness.

Xue Yao (XY): Spoiled princess who knows no suffering.

CY: Put me down!

CY: Don't think you can do as you please just because we're married. I'm telling you - I won't accept such a thing!

CY: My dreams are different from others - I can foresee the future. 

Man: If a human being uses the "Birth Stone" (my translation lol), they will need to pay the price.

CY: Ever since I had XY, I no longer dream.

CY: Do you have someone you really want to protect?

XY: Older brother, I no longer want to be tormented by hate.

XY: You're my only way out.

XY: Of all people, why did it have to be you? Return him. Return my brother back to me.

Tao Yao (TY): The king found out that the princess inherited the diviner's ability to foresee the future. But she only has one chance left!

CY: This is the last time I see him. 

CY: All this was just a beautiful dream - we're merely going back to the way it was.

XY: If only one of us can live, I'd rather it be you.

CY: For your sake, I'm willing to be imprisoned.

XY: If you fall asleep, you won't wake up again, right?

---------------------------

I'm wondering which questions to answer, just generally and which are more spoiler-y. LOL. Which episode are you guys up to, though?

Perhaps I'll do the questions about the premise - so basically, the princess is not the king's biological daughter (this is revealed pretty early on). She is the daughter of the previous Royal Diviner and was adopted by the king after the Diviner died. She grew up in the "Cold Palace" (you'll know this if you've watched lots of C-dramas - basically where rejected concubines/ concubines who fall out of favour with the king go to live the rest of their lives ignored until they die) with her step-brother prince (Xing Chen/  his title - Shun Wang).

Unbeknownst to the king however, the "Birth Stone" which gives the ability to foresee the future went into the body of the princess when she was young. The current Diviner (who was her father's disciple) and XC help to hide this fact - because as the preview mentions, there is a price to pay for using the stone. So far what has happened in the drama is - the princess will dream if she sleeps between a certain time of the night - if she tries to change what happens in the dream, she will turn into a zodiac animal. There are only 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac, and we are already on the tenth in the beginning few episodes - she became a rat the night she got married. And apparently, she will die if she uses all 12 of her "chances". 

Which is why - she tries to stay up through the night and sleeps during the day - which then results in her reputation as being weird, sickly, strange. She realises that she is able to sleep through the night without dreaming when she is next to XY - which gives us lots of hijinks :ph34r:

--------------

Right, this post is getting too long so... let me know if you guys want to know specifically about anything else and I'll try to answer them if I can since I have the advantage of not needing subs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

One thing that I was really curious was how they were going to set up the 2nd male lead (Xing Chen) - because he is her step-brother. I couldn't see a set-up in which it would work/ have people rooting for him because even though they weren't biologically related, they had been siblings all their life. His actions, while supportive, often seemed over the line in regards to CY, particularly in regards to trying to take her away from her husband (I know the marriage at this point is problematic since she was unconscious but still...)...

The redeeming point at this moment is that XC truly didn't realise he was being overly possessive, or that he had feelings for CY beyond sibling love. To his credit, in Episode 13-14, he finally realises - and immediately cuts himself off from seeing her until he can deal with his emotions.

There are some MVs already released for three main songs in the OST - I really one of them - probably an "insert" song. The ending one is cute but feels too modern IMHO. There are spoilers in the MVs as well, with dialogue. 

The insert theme:

XY: You called me a demon; so why are you debasing yourself to be a demon's wife?

CY: If you're a demon, I'm willing to go with you down to hell.

XY: You can try trusting in me, just like the way you trust Xing Chen.

XY: I keep saying that I'll protect you; yet it's also me who's breaking your heart.

XC: I can give her a refuge no matter who wrongs her. 

XY: You can't leave with him. You're mine.

CY: I am your Xu Chu Yue, always have been.

CY: Why don't you understand me? I don't need you to sacrifice yourself for me.

XC: There's a forbidden monster that's grown in my heart; I want to bring my heart back to the right path.

XY: I cannot be happy without you.

CY: After the last time XY risked his life to save me, I suddenly understood - Xue Yao loves me.

CY: You say that I am your wound; but you are my cure.

XY: From now on, I will be with you every sunrise, every sunset.

-------------------------

The lines in blue have already appeared. I'll put the context/ episode in spoilers:

The first dialogue pair is in Episode 5 - so unfortunately it's not really a declaration of love. She was trying to defuse the situation where XC would get into trouble for taking her away; so she declares that she would be on XY's side instead. I don't think she means it at this point though - Boo. 

I'm pretty sure I've heard the middle one but I can't remember where. I think it's the bit where XC shows the room he prepared for CY in his house.

Last blue line is in Episode 14, in the context mentioned in the previous spoiler. XC realises that his feelings for CY go beyond sibling love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2