[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

vA588_4f.jpg

Cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title: 锦心似玉 / Jin Xin Si Yu
English title:  The Sword and the Brocade

Genre: Historical, romance

Episodes: 50

Director: Mao Kun Yu

Broadcast Period: 2/26/2021 - 3/29/2021

Cast:

Tan Song Yun as Shi Yiniang
Wallace Chung as Xu Lingyi
He Hong Shan as Qiao Lianfang
Tang Xiao Tian as Qu Yanxing (Lin Shiyu)
Liang Hao
Hao Wen Ting
Yi Ling

Synopsis:

In the Ming Dynasty, the distinguished Luo family suffers a downfall, and wanted to solve the crisis through a marriage arrangement. The intelligent and introverted Shi Yiniang was chosen, and she rose from a lowly concubine's child to become the much coveted madame of the Yong Ping Duke Manor. Facing the complicated web of relationship as well as the distrust of her own family, Shi Yiniang uses her kindness and purity to win the Xu family's trust and respect; while her love and tolerance eventually won the respect of the people who used to look down on her. Shi Yiniang also uses her intelligence and wits to help her husband Xu Lingyi to put forward plans and ideas, saving the Yong Ping Duke Manor from peril situations; and also improving the lives of the people. When the country faced invasion from external forces, Shi Yiniang and Xu Lingyi work together to lead the army, emerging victorious in their battles. Their relationship also deepens in the process.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 1

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

some ppl say that wallace look too old to be SongYun romance partner....however from the custom fitting i think acceptable?

okay from the custom fitting pics they made her look more mature and her pose is helping lol

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Wallace Chung as a general again?:lol:

Arranged/forced/contract marriage is my top favorite plot. And the male lead is a general that can fights on the battlefield? Will watch it!

Animated GIF

Romance dramas where the male lead is a general that in my list so far:

Spoiler

Sound Of The Desert -2014- (Eddie Peng and Cecilia Liu)

https://mydramalist.com/3623-sound-of-the-desert

General And I -2017- (Wallace Chung and Angelababy)

https://mydramalist.com/19028-general-and-i

Legend Of Yun Xi -2018- (Zhang Ze Han and Ju Jing Yi)

https://mydramalist.com/23956-legend-of-yun-xi

The Sleepless Princess -2020- (Zheng Ye Cheng and Hu Yi Xuan)

https://mydramalist.com/58693-the-sleepless-princess

The Promise of Chang'an -2020- (Cheng Yi and Sarah Zhao)

https://mydramalist.com/33039-the-promise-of-chang-an

SPOILER:

*From the synopsis and trailer, although the male lead and the female lead fall in with love with each other, she was forced to marry the male lead's brother, who is an emperor and they will have son together. After the emperor died, the son becomes the next emperor.

The Legend of Xiao Chuo -upcoming- (Shawn Dou and Tiffany Tang)

https://mydramalist.com/34637-the-legend-of-xiao-chuo

SPOILER:

*The male lead and the female lead was a childhood sweetheart but then she has to marry an emperor.

Jin Xin Si Yu -upcoming- (Wallace Chung *again:lol:* and Tan Song Yun)

https://mydramalist.com/58945-jin-xin-si-yu

General's Lady -upcoming- (Caesar Wu and Tang Min)

https://mydramalist.com/42107-the-young-lady-of-the-general-s-house

Love Your Bones Forever 2 -upcoming- (Allen Ren and Bai Lu)

*from the synopsis, it sound like a tragedy or sad ending

https://mydramalist.com/63781-love-your-bones-forever-2

but their love story will have a sequal in modern period:

https://mydramalist.com/61865-love-your-bones-forever

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• 1 month later...

Wallace Chung doesn't quite look 45, I fell for him in the General and I, smart, gallant and considerate of his other half. 

Can't wait to see him with Seven Tan who was my fave in Under the Power, though as @sugarplum892 pointed out, it's a 15 year age gap. But considering the recent Dating in the Kitchen with both ML and FL having a close to 20 year age gap...I think these two look fine together!

2 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Wallace Chung doesn't quite look 45, I fell for him in the General and I, smart, gallant and considerate of his other half. 

Can't wait to see him with Seven Tan who was my fave in Under the Power, though as @sugarplum892 pointed out, it's a 15 year age gap. But considering the recent Dating in the Kitchen with both ML and FL having a close to 20 year age gap...I think these two look fine together! I hope Seven will be allowed to play her usual chirpy, bubbly character paired with a serious Wallace Chung. In his last costume drama, the FL was playing a very dignified character so the tone was expectedly different. [hands rubbing in glee]

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 7:07 AM, SC2019 said:

Can't wait to see him with Seven Tan who was my fave in Under the Power,

Whoa, we have pretty similar drama preferences. I loved Under the Power. If not for the weird CGIs in General and I, I would've liked the drama a lot more. The novel was great!

I was also a bit nervous about the age difference since Seven usually looks pretty young but we'll see. Still excited though! I feel like both of them just embody their characters so I'm looking forward to their acting. :) 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade 锦心似玉
  • 2 weeks later...

Waiting with bated breath for its release.

Can someone explained whether Xu Ling Yi is a widower or his children are from a current concubine? We know it is a marriage of family alliance and there is a certain lady not pleased with their marriage.

I love Shi Yiniang's spunk. Xu Ling Yi is obviously attracted to her not so ladylike traits.

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉
12 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Can someone explained whether Xu Ling Yi is a widower or his children are from a current concubine?

According to the novel which I read through google translate, Xu Ling Yi had a wife (Shi Yiniang's eldest sister) & 3 concubines.

Before his wife died of illness, she asked him to marry Shi Yiniang, so her sister can take care of her son.

Among the 3 concubines, there is one who will give Shi Yiniang a headache (Qiao Lianfang).

Maybe in the drama, Xu Lingyi won't have as many concubines as in the novel.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Can’t wait for this. It seems like this year will be THE year of cdramas

I’d read the novel before the drama came out but the translation is still at chapter 2 and it’s like a 500+ chapter novel. Nonetheless I’m confident that they’ll able to smoothly adapt and maybe trim some fat 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, morningdew said:

According to the novel which I read through google translate, Xu Ling Yi had a wife (Shi Yiniang's eldest sister) & 3 concubines.

Before his wife died of illness, she asked him to marry Shi Yiniang, so her sister can take care of her son.

Among the 3 concubines, there is one who will give Shi Yiniang a headache (Qiao Lianfang).

Maybe in the drama, Xu Lingyi won't have as many concubines as in the novel.

Thank you for the update. I believe in the cast list, all three concubines are featured.

I must say this is the first time for me of a main male character who is not an Emperor to have that many number of concubines who already had his children. Shi Yiniang enter the household like the "young" duchess to protect her sister's child to ensure the title will go to her son and not any of the concubines'.

Will Shi Yiniang have her own children as well?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tazmin said:

Can’t wait for this. It seems like this year will be THE year of cdramas

I’d read the novel before the drama came out but the translation is still at chapter 2 and it’s like a 500+ chapter novel. Nonetheless I’m confident that they’ll able to smoothly adapt and maybe trim some fat 

Wow! It is a voluminous novel.Looking forward to Sunday when it airs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Wow! It is a voluminous novel.Looking forward to Sunday when it airs.

Yeah in my experience if a novel is that big and it’s generally slice of life means a lot of fluff but it could mean differently for this novel, can’t really know :sleepy:

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, jacquelinetan said:

Thank you for the update. I believe in the cast list, all three concubines are featured.

I must say this is the first time for me of a main male character who is not an Emperor to have that many number of concubines who already had his children. Shi Yiniang enter the household like the "young" duchess to protect her sister's child to ensure the title will go to her son and not any of the concubines'.

Will Shi Yiniang have her own children as well?

Yes I think all the 3 concubines are featured as in this trailer:

I only read until ch.255, Shi Yiniang not pregnant yet.  But then I skip to the last chapter, and find out she just had a baby daughter.

• Like 6

@Jillia Thanks heaps for the video. I love the tone of drama, it's serious but has elements of lightheartedness which will really play to Seven Tan's strengths ... and while I am itching to see her carry herself differently, I sorely miss her spunky attutide and of course I so miss Wallace Chung (a matured actor but one who doesn't look out of place next to her) - oh my heart!

• Like 3