[Drama 2021] Times, 타임즈

larus

11 hours ago, larus said:

Times: Episode 1

by LollyPip

Lee Joo-young finally gets her shot at a leading role in Times, OCN’s new drama about a young woman who finds herself living in a future she doesn’t recognize. Her life turns upside-down in an instant when she travels to a very different timeline from her own, but a mysterious connection to her past may help her get back the only life she knows.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

During a political rally, presidential hopeful SEO KI-TAE (Kim Young-chul) is brutally assassinated by a sniper. His daughter, SEO JUNG-IN (Lee Joo-young) is in the crowd and witnesses her father’s murder, and there’s nothing she can do but scream as he falls. We hear her voice say pleadingly, Lee Jin-woo, please save my father!

In another time, Jung-in runs to her father’s house, where he’s alive and well and watching the presidential election results roll in on television. A man’s voice asks desperately:

I know it’s hard to believe what I’m saying. How could one believe such nonsense? But since it already happened, why don’t you just believe me? To put it bluntly, you can I can’t die like this, right? The hunting is over. They’re going to kill us! Are you going to do nothing even when you know what will happen? You know you’re going to die there, but you’re still thinking of crawling in there?

I sacrificed so much to get here. I tolerated so much and did whatever I needed to do to get myself here. In order for us to survive, in order to avoid being a dog killed and eaten after the hunt is over

Timesl01-00026.jpg

Jung-in interrupts this fraught monologue by arriving at her father’s house just in time to see him declared the country’s new president. But the voice continues: We need to bite first. We need to make the first move. Before he makes a move, we need to cut that RickRoll'D’s head off. That’s how we’ll survive. That’s how Korea will survive.

In 2019, Seo Ki-tae has been Korea’s president for four years and boasts a phenomenal 78% national approval rating. The streets are blocked as he travels by car to the Blue House, planning a speech aimed at the reporters who used to be his colleagues.

He orders his own cavalcade to pull over so that emergency vehicles can reach an accident. There were no casualties, but communications have been disrupted, so he can’t reach Jung-in by phone. He quips that she seems busier than the president these days, ha.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/times-episode-1/

I’m surprised but delighted lolipop picked this up for recap!  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, seungshin said:

I’m surprised but delighted lolipop picked this up for recap!  

Unfortunately it will be one recap only.

OCN "Times" running towards the turnaround point. Three questions burning the will of a real shooter, Mapo Bridge, cell phone, behind Han Do-Kyung (Shim Hyung-tak)?

image_readtop_2021_209652_16148318044561

http://www.mdaily.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=26597

• Like 1

Lee Seo Jin Confronts Kim Young Chul About The Truth Behind His Brother’s Death In “Times”

51dd8e55c8b048359d2b021ddb8f3bb8.jpeg?s=

Mar 6, 2021
by C. Hong

As soon as one mystery is solved, another unfolds in OCN’s “Times”!

“Times” is a “time warp” drama about a mysterious phone call that connects two people living five years apart: Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), the daughter of South Korean president Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), and Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin), a passionate and talented reporter. Seo Jung In enlists Lee Jin Woo’s help to save her father’s life, but the two end up stumbling across a dangerous truth instead.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Lee Jin Woo blocked Han Do Kyung (Shim Hyung Tak) from rushing the sit-in site and saved the life of eight people, including Seo Gi Tae, in 2015. In 2020, Seo Jung In was able to confirm that her father had survived the events of the past.

Although Seo Jung In’s life had returned to normal, Lee Jin Woo’s world was shaken up instead. Han Do Kyung dropped a bomb in the form of the truth about his younger brother Lee Geun Woo (Ha Jun)’s death. Lee Jin Woo had put his own life on the line to try and save Seo Gi Tae twice, but it turned out that Seo Gi Tae might have been responsible for Lee Geun Woo’s death. Even though Lee Jin Woo had had suspicions about the circumstances of his brother’s death and had requested a re-inquiry, this was a new suspect whom he had never dreamed of.

His mind in chaos, Lee Jin Woo opted to force a direct confrontation with Seo Gi Tae. He intends to determine the facts not only as Lee Geun Woo’s brother but as a reporter with deep convictions. In a preview for the next episode, he didn’t beat around the bush, asking Seo Gi Tae outright, “Is there something I don’t know about Lee Geun Woo’s death? Someone told me that you had killed him.”

In the stills, the two face off in Seo Gi Tae’s office. Although Seo Gi Tae looks happy at first to see the man who saved his life, Lee Jin Woo remains tense and determined throughout the encounter. As their meeting goes on, the expression on Seo Gi Tae’s face subtly changes.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457825wpp/lee-seo-jin-confronts-kim-young-chul-about-the-truth-behind-his-brothers-death-in-times

• Like 1

I knew Assemblewoman Kim Young-Joo was shady. I don`t know what Seo Ki-Tae is hiding but no way, you should murder him and other innocent people to stop him for becoming the president. I hope Lee Jin Woo will investigate a little more and not let her manipulate him to kill Seo Ki Tae himself. 

Jung-In must convinced Jin Woo to help her/ to not shoot her father . There are more people in this conspiracy. We did not know anything about JC Telecom. Who is in charge with this company?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Can I just say I am particularly bored the whole time while watching this week episodes except for the cliffhanger? That cliffhanger is the only thing that happened in ep 5-6 that convinced me to keep watching next episodes. 

To be honest, the only one I am rooting for is Seo Jung In and I don't really care much about Lee Jin Woo anymore. I wouldn't say that Seo Gi Tae is completely innocent because by doing nothing, he is enabling both Kim Young Joo and Nam Seong Beom to continue with their dirty jobs. However, for Lee Jin Woo to be completely roped in into Kim Young Joo's story feels too stupid on his end. 

First of all, that recording on Geun Woo's phone, how is he really sure that is Geun Woo's phone? How is he sure that the recording is not altered at all? Most of the evidence he gathered, Kim Young Joo kindly give or lead it to him. Why is he so easy to believe in Kim Young Joo just because he is so convince Seo Gi Tae is the mastermind? Why is he as a reporter doesn't suspect Kim Young Joo's behavior at all? I can't accept that he is that gullible to believe everything just because the vague evidences seems to match up with what Kim Young Joo told him. Yes, I have that many complain on Lee Jin Woo and a whole lot more. Him being a desperate hyung trying to find the truth about his dongsaeng's death doesn't excuse him for all his irrational actions. 

That cliffhanger and the fact Kim Young Joo is right next to him, I guess he is that gullible to be used just like that. I just hope Seo Jung In will knocked some senses onto him or he must has a grand plan to bring everyone down if he actually waited for 5 years to do it. 

• Like 1

Got into this because I loved Kairos and because of Lee Seo Jin.

Still watching but I couldn't really connect with this drama. First the FL, IMO just disconnected somehow and whiny in the beginning. Like half the time she is not ready with all the information when calling LSJ that she has to google it right there and then. I know sometimes the situation changes so fast but even when it's not, she is just not prepared. That just feels off. And maybe somewhat of her acting too that ticks me.

Jin Woo was doing okay but ep 5-6 just feels wrong too somehow. Like someone else said that he suddenly just believed whatever Young Joo tells him?

Really just couldn't find out or describe what it is that really bugs me about this drama.

• Like 1

@larus thanks a for continuing to update

Okay JW is alive. And he's a presidential candiate. So the death in 2015 is fake. Also the KYJ using the same type of  phone  experience the same communication time travel. Because she was talking to NSB 2015 but  in the present time she came  to the office of NSB which he looks like he's seen a ghost because... he was just talking to her on phone. There's something with those phones.

The twist.

I like Jin Woo 2020 because.. .. I mean look at him. Ahjusshi! 

Lee Seo Jin looks so dapper as future President Jin Woo...

• Like 3

He's baaaaack! Jin Woo stepping into DBS. JI must be  in shock. Hello Mr. future President.

All twt post on page  credit: as tag @

There's a reason why I always watch OCN dramas.

Waiting for Ep 7 & 8. More of slick dashing Jin Woo in a pres. debate

• Like 1

I NEED Lee Jin Woo to have some sort of grand plan to bring down all those corrupted politicians. If his only motivation is to brings down Seo Gi Tae, this drama is nothing but a very plain revenge drama. I guess we are not gonna get anymore call to the past since the phone is missing. 

I guess I know now why Lee Seo Jin was casted in this. The PD needs someone with charisma as a president candidate and his image fits in. However, his character is slowly going downhill and I won't root for him at all anymore unless he proves that he got bigger plan in action. His motivation just to revenge for his younger brother is really weak especially he is doing exactly the opposite of what his brother wanted to do which was revealing the truth about corruptions that happened.  

• Like 3

Done Ep7 and 8. Who new I'd  laugh the scene on ep 7 when JW told NSB he's life basically tissue cleaning up after KYJ because he sticks to her wiping her bum and stuff. It'sa funny scene to me. :lol:

How to beat the sitting president and his  party's choice of candidate?  Gain people's trust? Simple.. you expose corruption. At first it's to create fake news ( happens IRL.. y'all know.. recent intl election right?)

JW right hand man wanted to use and ceate fake news but JW was against this ( heck he's a reporter). But then he wanted to use his brother's death to expose wrong doings  but then the right hand man said... no. that is not the way to do it. Using something personal as a murder to gain trust and use people's emotion is wrong.

So now the option is to expose corruption and bribes.  You get them! The end of Ep 8 they corrupt ones worried.

JI missing  5G phone that call to the past. It's JW who took it. Oh no. He really wants revenge on SKT?

Lee Seo Jin as JW as pres. candidate tho.

Lee Joo Young as the reporter. First time watching her. I like see her in nother drama with character that's has more depth and emotions. See her acting range.

Spoiler

*posting for drama reference. The common denominator they're all female leads.

I think Times is one the time travel dramas done almost right. There is no need to linger too long on the how, since time scientifically is constant and unparalleled.

So in ep 10 we finally got the ultimate reset. At the call from 2019 JW, 2015 JW took a different course. The only people who really knew about what could've happened if changes weren't made were LJW and SKT. I am also assuming the variable - the phone - have been removed from SJI, KSJ and NSB. LJW might still have the phone from LGW, but who will receive the call?

Looking forward to next week's eps!

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2021] Times, 타임즈

“Times” Finale Achieves Highest Ratings Of Entire Run + “Vincenzo” And “Revolutionary Sisters” Stay Strong

ce74ae8ce9384025919d07ff3b8da47f.jpeg?s=

Mar 29, 2021
by E. Cha

OCN’s “Times” has ended on a high note!

On March 28, the time-warp mystery drama starring Lee Joo Young and Lee Seo Jin achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its final episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the series finale of “Times” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent and a peak of 3.3 percent, setting a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1461597wpp/times-finale-achieves-highest-ratings-of-entire-run-vincenzo-and-revolutionary-sisters-stay-strong

• Like 1

While generally the ending is okay, but it was pretty tame compared to the rest of the drama, especially before JW's reset when he became presidential candidate. After that he was like super nice. Oh well.... Can't have em all.... 

• Like 1