[Drama 2021] Times, 타임즈

larus

Premiere Watch: Penthouse 2, Beyond Evil, Times, Vincenzo

by missvictrix

premwatch_penth1.jpg

We weren’t joking when we said there were more dramas coming this week! Here’s the rest of the premieres that are joining the party in our weekend slots. These dramas are all pretty different in tone and genre, but each one seems to be coming in with a bang. A really loud bang. Makjang, mafia, murder, and mayhem — take your pick, or take ’em, all!

Times

premwatch_penth4.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: OCN
Genre: Crime, fantasy
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: Another premiere, another return to dramaland to get excited about. In OCN’s latest, it’s Lee Seo-jin that’s back, and he’s opposite Lee Joo-young in a drama that sounds like pieces of Signal and Kairos sandwiched into something new. In the drama, Lee Seo-jin is a reporter from 2015, and he connects with Lee Joo-young, a reporter for 2020, via a phone call. Together they have to join forces, share intel, and stop a huge political crime. Of course, because we have two parallel timelines, I’m expecting a lot of interconnectedness, shared fates, and small actions with huge ripple effects. Good luck, reporters! You’re gonna need it.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/02/premiere-watch-penthouse-2-beyond-evil-times-vincenzo/

• Blob 1

For those of you who have Viki, TIMES will air there. It's only airs on Viki in usa; so the subs might take a while once aired.

Beyond Evil/Monster will air on ODK in usa. ODK usually doesn't do subs, but they do every once and a while. We'll see. It looks scary. These dramas usually turn up later on Netflix with subs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/02/688_304152.html

Lee Seo-jin returns with another OCN mystery series 'Times'

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-02-17

2A6A1FBD-CA24-4B95-92B1-8F829EB1C16D.jpg

Actors Lee Seo-jin, left, and Lee Joo-young pose for photos during an online media conference for OCN's TV series "Times," Tuesday. Courtesy of OCN

Actor Lee Seo-jin stars in OCN's original mystery series, "Times" ― his first TV series appearance since "Trap" on the same network in 2019.

"I have always been keen on such genre works," the actor said during the online media conference for the upcoming series, Tuesday. "So, I mainly looked through scripts for mystery/thriller genre works. And out of those, I really enjoyed the script for Times, so I decided to join."

The political mystery revolves around a reporter, Lee Jin-woo (Lee Seo-jin), in the year 2015 and a newbie reporter, Seo Jung-in (Lee Joo-young), in 2020, who are connected to each other by a phone.

Lee Seo-jin described his character as a bad-tempered, but passionate reporter. "Jin-woo is a goal-oriented reporter who is dedicated to accomplishing what he wants," he said. "He gets involved in the case after getting a phone call from the future, which brings out his temper."

ABB43641-09E4-460C-9824-E3BA2B9F96B1.jpg

Scenes from the series / Courtesy of OCN

Actress Lee Joo-young expressed excitement about taking her first lead role in a TV series, calling it a "blessing" to work with veteran actors.

"I was learning from them every day," she said. "I was worried at first whether I could pull off a lead role well, but the director and my fellow actors really put their faith in me and helped me through it."

Her character, Jung-in, is the first daughter of President Seo Gi-tae (Kim Yeong-cheol) and a reporter at a major network. But her life turns upside down when she wakes up to a completely different life where her father died four years ago and she is a minor newspaper journalist.

A year later, a phone call connects her to Jin-woo, who is living in the past. She convinces him to help prevent her father's death, which is about to happen in the year he lives in.

"Times is about the lies made-up by powerful figures and about journalists digging up those lies to find the truth," director Yoon Jong-ho said. "This is a new genre that mixes a time warp with a political drama."

Yoon added that he tried to differentiate this series from other fantasy work, despite its time warp concept.

"Nowadays, there are so many different networks and series… enough to wonder if there's anything new," the director said. "I tried to make this series different from other fantasy series… with the messages that lie beneath the story."

"Times" premieres on Saturday.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/02/16/entertainment/television/times-ocn-kdrama/20210216194600365.html

Sign of the 'Times'

February 16, 2021

EB6646EE-8867-4958-8B2D-99251C6A6F27.jpg

Director Yoon Jong-ho with actors Lee Seo-jin, Lee Joo-young, Moon Jeong-hee and Kim Yeong-cheol pose during a press conference for the new OCN series “Times” on Tuesday. “Times” is a political thriller about a journalist trying to stop the death of her father by communicating with another journalist from the past. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Director Yoon Jong-ho along with actors Lee Seo-jin, Lee Joo-young, Moon Jeong-hee and Kim Yeong-cheol held a press conference for the new OCN series “Times” on Tuesday.

“Times” is a political thriller about a journalist trying to stop the death of her father by communicating with another journalist from the past.  

Lee Joo-young plays the role of a passionate journalist in 2020, and Lee Seo-jin portrays a journalist at the news company “Times” in 2015. Kim Yeong-cheol plays Lee Joo-young’s father who is also the president of Korea.

“'Times' is about lies fabricated by those in power and a journalist trying to discover the truth,” director Yoon said. “It’s a mix of time travelling and political mystery."

The series will start airing on Feb. 20.  

[ILGAN SPORTS]

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Times, 타임즈 - Sat & Sun @22:30 KST

It's OCN so gonna watch. Lee Seo Jin previous drama was with OCN too and a good one.

After ep1. I was kinda confused but I think I got it.  Time travel with phone call 2020 receiving calls from 2015 to help solve an assasination  that happend 5 years ago.

Lee Seo Jin character  Jin Woo- a reporter for Times,  2015 when  the Seo Ki Tae the KR President was assasinated. Jung In the president's daughter works as a  reporter  for DBS.  In  present time 2020 she works for  Daily  Search - small news media company (Unlike DBS).  So 2015 JW will give all the information about the the day assasination happened,  who might'v done it and whatis the truth behind it. And can she prevent the attempt on her Father.  Present time 2020 - she want to reopen the case.  She will get all her information from JW who is is the year 2015. She can receive calls from him.

The time warped must've  happend because year 2015  fire broke down a switchboard bldg disrupting wirelss communications.  It's confusing with this time warp.

Saw mentions of how this drama is like Kairos?  I  think I should watch that too.

• Like 2

@larus thanks for this thread!

In OCN we trust! ❤️

I'm done with Ep 2 and wow so good! Editing, the time warp, action scenes. It's well done. The race to stop the assassination back 2015 with JI givin all the details to JW.

And through out I keep saying ''oh no come on, come on''. You know it's a good one whe they can bring out emotions while watching.

Okay lets start with the facts.

JW actually died Oct 18, 2015, Same year same month when when the former Pres. Died SKT died. 

That Daily Search in the present time used to be the "Times" newspaper. CEO is JW

JI boss now, used to be colleague and employee of JW.

GW (Guen Woo) dongsaeng of JW works as an aide to SKT died 2014

So what one needs to remember. Scenes of JW is 2015. Scenes of JI is 2020.

The start of Ep 2 they JW 2015 at the war memorial for the rally for SKT, 2020 JI same place but it's empty. She told him his crazy and not to play games with her and stop messing and talking about her father. She goes to police station asking to stop JW from calling her but chief of police told her JW died Oct 18. 2015.

JI 2020 called JW   I thought previous post she can only receive calls) But it's only his number she can call - due to communication failure happening. She deduced that she can call JW. She tried using colleague's phone but the number does not exist. She can't JW using someone else's phone.

So.... she can only communicate and call JW using her own phone.

October 10. 2020 2:20  She asked JW to write her letter

October 10, 2015 2:20 pm JW scribbled somethig in the men's  room.

She still doesn't believe she's able to communicate to JW  from 2015.  JI trying to investigate the situation she's in right now.  Remember in Ep 1  when they were trying to beat the deadline, but there was no signal, not network, telecommunications down. There was a  fire damaging underground communication center of JT telecoms. 

She's trying to deduced everything and thinking how she's able able to communicate from someone in the past. She put two and two together. check the video archive of the campaign rally, check JW and the day and time he was stab.

The law of connecting with the past 2015 and 2020 occur on the same date.  She has two days to save her father

Remember Oct 12, 2015 is the assasination.

JW think she's crazy and tries to avoid her phone calls. it's him that doesn't believe that JI is calling from 2020.

And because she can communicate with JW she knows he will be stab. She tried to warn him. told him he go Hanbit Pharmacy 3:20 and  at 3:27 a man with a knife will stab JW. He does not believe her.

October 11, 2015  3:27 JW stabbed with a knife. He was able to stop it.

JW still doesn't believe  JI.... he said there needs to be hard evidence. Com on, JW the sequence of events happened right in from of you.  Back at the police station, he's still trying to tell JI it's impossible but... so he asked if he's going to be rich.. if JI can forsee what's his life will be like.. JI bluntly truthfully said JW died in car accident.  That she knows the time and date (yay how scary is that!). Only after he agrees to help save her father from being assassinated, will she tell the time and date and save him..if she can.  JW pondered on it.. and decide to  go with it and save SKT. (So he does believe her now.. well wants the  date and time of his death). The agreed on plan to follow the man who will assassinate SKT.

Scenes  are well executed leading up to the chaos that happened in campaign rally at Hangook University. The switch back and forth 2020 to 2015 JI provding all the necessary details. JW racing from bulding to building.  JI went to campus and just not recreate but to follow the patterns, every action that assassin did and relayed everything to JW.

JW manage to stop the man from assassinating SKT they fought but JW was shot instead. But the the  man was caught by the police tumbling out of the lab room use as vantage point.

And back to 2020..JI all the memories flashing and at present she saw the framed photo of her father..like in memoriam photo.. and uttered "How.."

Yes they were able to save SKT.. but he still died but from either anoher attempt or car accident.. They have  nine hours left!

It was so well done, I'm tell you all. The time warp, every scene was good, exciting. Have to laud the director, clean editing done. I'm so excited for Ep 3 already!

Same girl!

Lee Joo Young cool too. I'm not familiar with her tho'.

And yeah Lee Seo Jin as Lee Jin Woo ❤️

Seems I'm only one posting thoughts about this drama but it's okay. I know good drama when I see one.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

3 Urgent Questions That Need To Be Answered In OCN’s “Times”

075c37fde4284b839b7e040a35cc8f1a.jpeg?s=

Feb 27, 2021
by C. Hong

OCN’s new drama “Times” is raising a lot of questions with its “time warp” concept!

“Times” stars Lee Joo Young as Seo Jung In, the daughter of South Korean president Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who connects to a reporter named Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) living five years in the past. She uses this connection to prevent the death of her father, but ends up stumbling across a dangerous truth.

Spoilers

Lee Jin Woo and Seo Jung In teamed up through their mysterious phone call and succeeded in preventing the assassination of Seo Gi Tae in 2015. However, the results in 2020 were nothing like what the characters or the audience expected. Seo Gi Tae remains dead, but he has now been accused of a drunken hit-and-run as well. In changing the past, the characters created even more urgent questions for the future.

What was the first time warp that rocked Seo Jung In’s world?

lee-joo-young-times.jpg

Seo Jung In lived an ordinary life with her father, a man whom she respected, and she herself walked unshaken down the path of a reporter who believes in justice. In the middle of this perfect life, a suspicious base station fire in 2019 shook up her world. The start of her completely changed life was her father’s tragic assassination in 2015. Seo Jung In found herself in 2020 living with the results of her changed past without knowing what changes exactly occurred. What was the first time warp that plunged her world into chaos?

Who was Kim Jin Chul talking to on the phone?

Kim Jin Chul (Yoo Jae Myung), the sniper who targeted Seo Gi Tae, was on a phone call with a mysterious partner. On October 12, 2015, Kim Jin Chul was heading to the campaign stop at Hankuk University when he noticed that Lee Jin Woo was trailing him. He quickly shook him off by changing up his planned path of movement before calling someone and saying, “I’m heading to Hankuk University now.” This suggests that someone else was behind the assassination of Seo Gi Tae—but who and why?

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1456715wpp/3-urgent-questions-that-need-to-be-answered-in-ocns-times

• Like 1

This my second fav current drama after Beyond Evil.  Waiting for the sub. Thanks Viki! Episode two left me hanging. You know it's a good drama when  after Ep2 you want to continue to Ep 3 already and not wait for another whole week.

What???based from the emji is an oh nooo kind of Ep.

While waiting... here's a did you know info.  The  assassin in this drama is the the lawyer dad of the FL lead in Vincenzo. Now ye know. :)

• Like 2

I did watched up until Ep 3 today, while the plot has resemblance to Kairos, I don't feel particularly engaged with the story for now. Might be because I am also watching Beyond Evil which is so intense in comparison to this. I will try to keep up because of the Grumpy Ahjusshi, Lee Seo Jin. 

Plus, when will Yu Seong Ju get lines in here? I am almost sure it was his voiceover during the opening scene in EP 1, and the one I am most suspicious about right now. He is always next to Seo Ki Tae and the current President during the timeline Seo Ki Tae is dead. 

Regarding Geun Woo's death, I don't think Seo Ki Tae is completely innocent about it. It is hard for me to believe he doesn't has his own skeleton to hide as a politician. 

• Like 4

I just watched episode 3. I like it and I want to know how Jin-Woo and Jung in will change once again the ill fated Seo Ki Tae. I also think Jin Woo will discover along the way what really happened with his brother. They have to catch the mastermind to stop the chase. 

• Like 3

As I watch episode 4 I had a sense of foreboding. Why do I feel that this will not end well for LSJ's character and SKT? It feels like no matter how many times they try to stop it, the outcome will still be the same.

And somehow I felt it has the same vibe with the movie The Call minus the gore.  With Jung In's constantly changing present environment very similar to what Park Shin Hye's character experienced. 

After Do Kyung's confession I am now wondering if SKT is really worth saving? Or was the confession a lie?

DK is only a henchman just like the shooter Jin Chul. Two characters I suspect are Sung Beum and Young Joo, but are not yet given air time to prove they are the ones giving the order to kill SKT. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, htk9207 said:

As I watch episode 4 I had a sense of foreboding. Why do I feel that this will not end well for LSJ and SKT? It feels like no matter how many times they try to stop it, the outcome will still be the same.

And somehow I felt it has the same vibe with the movie The Call minus the gore.  With Jung In's constantly changing present environment very similar to what Park Shin Hye's character experienced. 

After Do Kyung's confession I am now wondering if SKT is really worth saving? Or was the confession a lie?

DK is only a henchman just like the shooter Jin Chul. Two characters I suspect are Sung Beum and Young Joo, but are not yet given air time to prove they are the ones giving the order to kill SKT. 

A lot of twists and turns. The writer makes it hard for us to pigeonhole the main characters into the bad and good compartments. 

• Like 3

I am glad that the story started to chance a little. Now they will avoid being repetitive. I had been on my edge of the seat to know how Jin-Woo will save Seo ki Tae. I just knew that he will crash his car into the other car but I am glad that he stopped Han Do-Kyung. The mastermind behind Jin-Woo`s brother and those attempts are not disclosed.

I don`t know many things about Kim Young-Joo. She doesn`t appear a lot but I think she will have a bigger part later. I can`t suspect her right now because we don`t have anything about her but I found it odd that she was not injured when she was with Seo Ki Tae at the accident place. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, larus said:

I am glad that the story started to chance a little. Now they will avoid being repetitive. I had been on my edge of the seat to know how Jin-Woo will save Seo ki Tae. I just knew that he will crash his car into the other car but I am glad that he stopped Han Do-Kyung. The mastermind behind Jin-Woo`s brother and those attempts are not disclosed.

I don`t know many things about Kim Young-Joo. She doesn`t appear a lot but I think she will have a bigger part later. I can`t suspect her right now because we don`t have anything about her but I found it odd that she was not injured when she was with Seo Ki Tae at the accident place. 

I'm thinking there is a lot more to the Assemblywoman. I have no basis for it. Just a hunch. She is placed very close to Seo Gi Tae, Kim Joo Young and Lee Ji Woon’s dead brother. 

• Like 2

So the presidential candidate has several secrets. He had a hit and run, and from the video the FL was watching, instead of reporting the incident to the police, the father took the person he injured and burned the person.

Anyway, the presidential candidate mentioned that his life will be busier after he learned the the person who saved him was the brother of his aide who died, Lee Geun Woo.

• Like 1

Times: Episode 1

by LollyPip

Timesl01-00162.jpg

Lee Joo-young finally gets her shot at a leading role in Times, OCN’s new drama about a young woman who finds herself living in a future she doesn’t recognize. Her life turns upside-down in an instant when she travels to a very different timeline from her own, but a mysterious connection to her past may help her get back the only life she knows.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

During a political rally, presidential hopeful SEO KI-TAE (Kim Young-chul) is brutally assassinated by a sniper. His daughter, SEO JUNG-IN (Lee Joo-young) is in the crowd and witnesses her father’s murder, and there’s nothing she can do but scream as he falls. We hear her voice say pleadingly, Lee Jin-woo, please save my father!

In another time, Jung-in runs to her father’s house, where he’s alive and well and watching the presidential election results roll in on television. A man’s voice asks desperately:

I know it’s hard to believe what I’m saying. How could one believe such nonsense? But since it already happened, why don’t you just believe me? To put it bluntly, you can I can’t die like this, right? The hunting is over. They’re going to kill us! Are you going to do nothing even when you know what will happen? You know you’re going to die there, but you’re still thinking of crawling in there?

I sacrificed so much to get here. I tolerated so much and did whatever I needed to do to get myself here. In order for us to survive, in order to avoid being a dog killed and eaten after the hunt is over

Timesl01-00026.jpg

Jung-in interrupts this fraught monologue by arriving at her father’s house just in time to see him declared the country’s new president. But the voice continues: We need to bite first. We need to make the first move. Before he makes a move, we need to cut that RickRoll'D’s head off. That’s how we’ll survive. That’s how Korea will survive.

In 2019, Seo Ki-tae has been Korea’s president for four years and boasts a phenomenal 78% national approval rating. The streets are blocked as he travels by car to the Blue House, planning a speech aimed at the reporters who used to be his colleagues.

He orders his own cavalcade to pull over so that emergency vehicles can reach an accident. There were no casualties, but communications have been disrupted, so he can’t reach Jung-in by phone. He quips that she seems busier than the president these days, ha.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/times-episode-1/

• Like 1