Director: Yoon Jong-Ho

Writer: Lee Sae-Bom, An Hye-Jin

Release Date: February 20th - March 28th, 2021

Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:30

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“Times” is a political thriller about a woman in 2020, who can make a phone call to the past, and a man in 2015, who team up to save the assassinated president.

“Times” is a “time warping” political mystery drama that tells the story of Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), who becomes connected to reporter Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past through a phone call. Seo Jung In discovers a dangerous truth as she tries to prevent the death of her father Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who is the president.

Cast

Lee Seo Jin as Lee Jin Woo

Lee Joo Young as Seo Jung -in

Kim Young Chul as Seo Ki-tae (President)

Moon Jung Hee as Kim Young Joo

Kim In Kwon as Do Young-ja

Song Young-Chang as

Yu Seong-Ju as

Shim Hyung-Tak as

Moon Ji-In as Myung Soo-kyung

Park Ye Nee as Song Min-joo

Jung Sung-Il as

Heo Jae-Ho as

Lee Sang Woon as Jang Young-jun

Bae Hyun-Kyung as

Ahn Ji Hee as Kim Hye-joo

Im Soo Hyun as Jung Yoo-mi

Character descriptions

Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) is a journalist  who makes people in high places afraid in his pursuit of the truth and reveals the true faces behind people in power. Even when he receives threats to shut his mouth, he releases follow-up reports about the threats. He is the main reason that his impoverished paper, the Times, is becoming even poorer, but he is also their star reporter. Lee Jin Woo lives in 2015 as a reporter with strong convictions. He is also the CEO of the news media company Times. Through a phone call connected to the future, he is introduced to a shocking truth and falls into a state of confusion. Nonetheless, he will persistently pursue the truth behind what has happened.

Seo Jung In ( Lee Joo Young) is a passionate reporter living in 2020. She follows the footsteps of her president father who started out as a reporter. Her peaceful life is turned upside down when her father passes away and she becomes able to communicate with Lee Jin Woo from the past through a call. Despite the shocking events occurring in her life, she is determined to uncover the truth surrounding her father.

President Seo Gi Tae, (Kim Young Chul) who holds the key to the truth, used to be a righteous reporter until he witnessed figures with power concealing and manipulating the truth. After that experience, he decided that he would rise to a position with authority, and he succeeded in becoming the president.

Kim Young Joo (Moon Jung Hee) is an assemblywoman who helps Seo Gi Tae and is the next presidential candidate. Raised in poverty, Kim Young Joo grew up to become a level-headed adventurer who is not shaken by any threats that come at her. Agreeing with Seo Gi Tae’s convictions, she helped him rise to the position of president and became one of his closest advisors.

Posters

e58f6b7c9297a17eae06ea6b86500a77.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1

Actor Kim Young-cheol appears in the OCN drama'Times'.

l_2020061102000545700110631.jpg

Kim Young-cheol said on the 11th  June, “I will appear as president in the “OCN drama “Times””

The details of The Times have not been released.

The Times are said to be filming from September this year, and are aiming to air in January 2021.

http://www.newspic.kr/view.html?nid=2020061115580082320&pn=291

The last time I watched Kim Young Chul in a drama was in 2016 (Happy Home). I am so curious about this. It is an OCN and I kind of want to watch a mature political drama with veteran actors. There will be secret service involved?   If it will begin filming in September, I think we`ll hear more news about this drama soon.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Times, 타임즈 - Kim Young Chul - Premieres in January 2021
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee Seo Jin Confirmed To Be In Talks For New Political Drama

Jul 2, 2020
by C. Hong
b0a623f27c7f4a25a6b8b4deace78e29.jpeg?s=

Lee Seo Jin is considering a return to the small screen!

On July 2, a source from the drama industry reported to Ilgan Sports that the actor had been cast in the lead role of the upcoming OCN drama “Times” (literal title).

The role is that of a reporter named Lee Jin Woo, who makes people in high places afraid in his pursuit of the truth and reveals the true faces behind people in power. Even when he receives threats to shut his mouth, he releases follow-up reports about the threats. He is the main reason that his impoverished paper, the Times, is becoming even poorer, but he is also their star reporter.

Lee Seo Jin’s agency, HOOK Entertainment, stated, “Lee Seo Jin has received a casting offer for the lead role in OCN’s new drama ‘Times’ and he is positively reviewing it.”

“Times” is a political thriller about a woman in 2020, who can make a phone call to the past, and a man in 2015, who team up to save the assassinated president. It aims to premiere sometime in January 2021.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410471wpp/lee-seo-jin-confirmed-to-be-in-talks-for-new-political-drama

Spoiler

Lee Ju-young's "OCN'Times' positive review"…

34f567d7-6a50-401a-a4d2-34a049fa96e4.jpg

Actor Lee Joo-young is positively considering whether to appear in The Times.

Lee Joo-young, an official at Ace Factory, said on the 3rd, "Lee Joo-young has been positively reviewing the proposal for the OCN new drama'Times'."

The Times is known as a time-leaved political thriller that portrays a story of a woman in 2020 connecting with a man in 2015 over a telephone connection, saving the murdered president together. It is known that Lee Seo-jin and Kim Young-cheol are considering their appearance.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020070311310004451

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, larus said:

The Times is known as a time-leaved political thriller that portrays a story of a woman in 2020 connecting with a man in 2015 over a telephone connection, saving the murdered president together.

The plot is very similar with the upcoming drama Kairos but it is placed in the world of politics and journalists. In Kairos, the man has a telephone connection with a woman from the past (few years in the past) and in this the woman is in the present and the man from the future. In Times, they have to save the female protagonist` father and in Kairos they have to save the male hero`s daughter. Not to say that in 2021 we have the second season of Signal as well.

I know that kdramaland tends to do the similar plots in the same year. It is like they get a memo to tell them what is trending each year. :sweatingbullets: Regardless that, I will look forward to watch Lee Seo Jin and Kim Young Chul on screen again. I am familiar with Lee Joo young too. I see her in The Ghost Detective.

• Like 1

Lee Joo-young confirmed, Lee Seo-jin considering a new OCN thriller

by tccolb

ljy_times1.jpg

Casting has just been confirmed for Lee Joo-young (Itaewon Class) in a new OCN drama called Times. She join veteran actor Kim Young-chul (My Country: New Age) who was cast earlier in the year. According to reports, Lee Seo-jin (Trap) has also been offered a lead role and is currently considering favorably.

The story for OCN’s Times is a political thriller with a dash of timeslip magic. A woman in the year 2020 is somehow able to call a man in 2015 through her phone. The two work together to try and save the president of South Korea from assassination.

Playing the role of said president is Kim Young-chul, whose life is (or is about to be?) in danger. Lee Joo-young is stepping into the role of his daughter, Seo Jung-in, who works as a reporter.

If Lee Seo-jin accepts, he will be playing another reporter named Lee Jin-woo who works for a newspaper called Times.

This is definitely a cast I can get behind. Kim Young-chul is always a win and I’m happy to see Lee Joo-young moving up into bigger roles. She’s been steadily building experience through supportive characters, and recently gained a lot of well-deserved attention through her work in indie films as well. Fingers-crossed Lee Seo-jin joins the cast as well!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/lee-joo-young-confirmed-lee-seo-jin-considering-a-new-ocn-thriller/

• Like 1

@larus Thanks for updates. I'm intrigue with the plot. Sorta like Signal? Plus like the politcial mistery thriller .. reporter trying  to save President from assisination. I last saw Lee Seo Jin in Trapt ( weird mystery suspense drama) I'm not familiar with the two other main actors but I'll be checking this. I'm not into time slip fantasy  theme.. but as a long as it's well made like Signal or Tunnel.. then I'm going to watch.

• Like 1

Lee Seo Jin Pairs with Lee Joo Young for Journalistic Thriller K-drama Times

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/07/03/lee-seo-jin-pairs-up-with-lee-joo-young-for-journalistic-thriller-k-drama-times/

40 minutes ago, jongski said:

I'm intrigue with the plot. Sorta like Signal? Plus like the politcial mistery thriller .. reporter trying  to save President from assisination. I last saw Lee Seo Jin in Trapt ( weird mystery suspense drama) I'm not familiar with the two other main actors but I'll be checking this. I'm not into time slip fantasy  theme.. but as a long as it's well made like Signal or Tunnel.. then I'm going to watch.

Signal and Tunnel were good. Let see how it will be this one. I am sure it will be suspenseful but I don`t know how they will explain that the telephone call works just a few years in the past. In Signal, one of the people who made the call did not exist in the future, until they change the past. In Kairos and Times, they exuist in both time lines. Or maybe not. Let see how it will be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jongski said:

Is this a full 16 episode drama? pre produced right?

Perhaps it will have 12 episodes. It looks like a lot of OCN dramas have 12 episodes. But I don`t  know for sure. We`ll have to see.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Lee Seo Jin, Lee Joo Young, Kim Young Chul, And Moon Jung Hee Cast In New Political Mystery Drama

ca6c2953c032486bb2b5c12f91ef5ea1.jpeg?s=

Dec 14, 2020
by U. Kim

OCN has revealed the cast lineup for a new drama titled “Times” (literal title)!

“Times” is confirmed to be OCN’s first Saturday-Sunday drama of 2021 and will star Lee Seo Jin, Lee Joo Young, Kim Young Chul, and Moon Jung Hee.

“Times” is a “time warping” political mystery drama that tells the story of Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), who becomes connected to reporter Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past through a phone call. Seo Jung In discovers a dangerous truth as she tries to prevent the death of her father Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who is the president.

Lee Seo Jin’s character Lee Jin Woo lives in 2015 as a reporter with strong convictions. He is also the CEO of the news media company Times. Through a phone call connected to the future, he is introduced to a shocking truth and falls into a state of confusion. Nonetheless, he will persistently pursue the truth behind what has happened. In his second OCN drama after “Trap,” Lee Seo Jin will portray a character that is in line with the “tsundere” (showing cold behavior while being warm-hearted on the inside) personality he has shown on variety shows.

As Seo Jung In, Lee Joo Young will be a passionate reporter living in 2020. She follows the footsteps of her president father who started out as a reporter. Her peaceful life is turned upside down when her father passes away and she becomes able to communicate with Lee Jin Woo from the past through a call. Despite the shocking events occurring in her life, she is determined to uncover the truth surrounding her father.

President Seo Gi Tae who holds the key to the truth is played by Kim Young Chul. Seo Gi Tae used to be a righteous reporter until he witnessed figures with power concealing and manipulating the truth. After that experience, he decided that he would rise to a position with authority, and he succeeded in becoming the president. This will be Kim Young Chul’s first role as a president in his 40 years of acting, but he will surely pull it off charismatically.

Moon Jung Hee will play the assemblywoman Kim Young Joo who helps Seo Gi Tae and is the next presidential candidate. Raised in poverty, Kim Young Joo grew up to become a level-headed adventurer who is not shaken by any threats that come at her. Agreeing with Seo Gi Tae’s convictions, she helped him rise to the position of president and became one of his closest advisors.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1443426wpp/lee-seo-jin-lee-joo-young-kim-young-chul-and-moon-jung-hee-cast-in-new-political-mystery-drama

It looks like a drama similar with current Kairo, but in political word.

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Times, 타임즈 - Kim Young Chul - Premieres in February 2021
  • 2 weeks later...

Watch: Lee Seo Jin, Lee Joo Young, And More Act Passionately At Script Reading For Upcoming OCN Mystery Drama

def833365f2445ad8714c0bcc744e29e.jpeg?s=

Dec 23, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s first Saturday-Sunday drama of 2021 “Times” (literal title) released a new behind-the-scenes video from the script reading!

“Times” is a “time warp” political mystery drama that tells the story of Seo Jung In (Lee Joo Young), who becomes connected to reporter Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) from five years in the past through a phone call. Seo Jung In discovers a dangerous truth as she tries to prevent the death of her father Seo Gi Tae (Kim Young Chul), who is the president.

The video begins with Lee Seo Jin introducing himself. He shared, “I’m really happy to be able to work with great actors. I play the role of a CEO and reporter at a small news media company. I’m thinking about how to portray this figure charismatically.” Clips of Lee Seo Jin on set show him filming playfully between takes while immersing himself completely in his role during the script reading.

Lee Joo Young will play Seo Jung In, a passionate reporter living in 2020. She shares, “The character of Seo Jung In is a reporter, and she’s filled with righteousness. Her father is the president, but rather than benefiting from that, she’s a figure who wants to develop her own path. However, she encounters some unforeseen events, and although she’s a bit shocked, she works with Lee Jin Woo to solve the case.”

Kim Young Chul plays Seo Gi Tae, who used to be a righteous reporter until he witnessed figures with power concealing and manipulating the truth. After that experience, he decided that he would rise to a position with authority, and he succeeded in becoming the president. In the drama, president Seo Gi Tae will suddenly become a person who went missing in 2015. Seo Jung In, with the help of Lee Jin Woo, will fight to discover the truth behind his disappearance.

Lee Joo Young shares, “I’ve continuously been a fan of OCN dramas, so I’m waiting everyday for the first day of filming with heart-fluttering excitement to be able to work on a project with such a great script and senior actors who have given me a lot of help by my side.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444919wpp/watch-lee-seo-jin-lee-joo-young-and-more-act-passionately-at-script-reading-for-upcoming-ocn-mystery-drama

• Like 2

Pictures from first script reading

December 23 2020

First script reading for OCN drama “Times”

Times_SR1SM1.jpg

First script reading for OCN drama series “Times,” starring Lee Seo-Jin & Lee Joo-Young, took place September, 2020 in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Attending the first script reading were director Yoon Jong-Ho, screenwriters Lee Sae-Bom, & An Hye-Jin, and main cast members Lee Seo-Jin, Lee Joo-Young, Kim Young-Chul, Moon Jeong-Hee, Song Young-Chang, Kim In-Kwon, Yu Seong-Ju, Shim Hyung-Tak, Moon Ji-In, Jung Sung-Il, Heo Jae-Ho, & Bae Hyun-Kyung. Before the first script reading began, Lee Seo-Jin stated “I am thinking deeply on how to express my character more attractively.” Lee Joo-Young stated “I have been an OCN fan for a long time. I am excited everyday to work with good senior actors and actresses, as well as working with a good script.” The drama series features two reporters from two different time periods, able to speak via a phone call.

“Times” first airs February 20, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: In the year 2015, Lee Jin-Woo (Lee Seo-Jin) works as a reporter, who pursues only the truth. In the year 2020, Seo Jung-In (Lee Joo-Young) works as a reporter. She is passionate about her work. Somehow these two people connect via a phone call. They try to prevent the death of South Korea President Seo Ki-Tae (Kim Young-Chul), who is also Seo Jung-In’s father. Soon, Lee Jin-Woo and Seo Jung-In face a dangerous truth.

Times_SR1SM2.jpg

• Like 2

Cast of OCN drama Times comes together for first script read

by tineybeanie

scriptreadleseojin2.jpg

Stills from the first script read of Times have been released, featuring Lee Joo-young (Itaewon Class), Lee Seo-jin (Trap), and more. OCN’s Times is a 12-episode fantasy and political thriller about two reporters from different timelines that can somehow communicate on the phone.

Lee Joo-young plays a passionate reporter in the 2020 timeline, whose father is the president of Korea. Played by Kim Young-chul (My Country: The New Age), this president has been burdened with the truth (we’re not privy to what that truth is just yet). He is a former reporter who became an honest politician that doesn’t overlook crime or corruption.

Lee Seo-jin plays a reporter in the 2015 timeline, who is somehow able to communicate via phone with Lee Joo-young in 2020. Together, they try to prevent the assassination of her father and uncover a dangerous truth.

scriptreadleseojin.jpg

Lee Seo-jin’s character is a reporter who is firm in his convictions. He’s resolute and he’s also a tsundere who can’t turn away people who want help to seek the truth. Moon Jung-hee (Search) plays Kim Young-chul’s staunch supporter, who becomes the next presidential candidate as the story progresses. Her political goals are directly transparent from the beginning.

Song Young-chang (The Lies Within) plays a former president that was involved in corruption. Kim In-kwon (Mr. Queen) plays a founding member of the media company Times that supports Lee Seo-jin and Lee Joo-young as they seek to find the truth.

Yoo Sung-joo (Search) plays the party chairman, and Shim Hyung-tak (Melting Me Softly) plays the local violent crimes police team leader. Others present at the script read included: Moon Ji-in (18 Again), Jung Sung-il (Birthcare Center), Heo Jae-ho (Cheat on Me, If You Can), and Bae Hyun-kyung (Awaken).

Representing the actors, Kim Young-chul said a few words at the script read: “With every episode, we promise to consistently review and ponder over how our characters have deepened and how to best express their feelings.” Director Yoon Jong-ho simply said, “We will create history in the time-warp genre.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cast-of-ocn-drama-times-comes-together-for-first-script-read/

• Like 1

Kpop idol and actress Woohee cast in 'Idol Recipe' and OCN'Times'

http://image.xportsnews.com/contents/images/upload/article/2020/1229/1609237896581305.jpg

Neverdie Entertainment revealed in a press release on the afternoon of the 29th that "Actor was selected as the lead role in the movie'Idol Recipe'." In addition, since the meeting of Lee Seo-jin and Lee Ju-young, he will appear in the OCN drama “The Times,” which raised expectations from the casting stage.

In addition,WooHee will be cast in the OCN drama “The Times,” scheduled to air in February 2021, and will act with Seojin Lee and Juyoung Lee. 'The Times' is a work in harmony with director Yoon Jong-ho and writer Lee Sae-bom. This is a time-leaf political thriller drama that takes place as a woman in 2020 who has a phone connection to the past rescues the president who was murdered in 2015.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=396846

Lee Sang-woon confirmed to appear in OCN's new Saturday and Sunday original'Times'

22H5WZBXXB_1.jpg

Actor Lee Sang-woon joins OCN's new Saturday original'Times'.

In this work, actor Lee Sang-woon plays the role of Jang Young-jun, a fellow reporter who works for the same media company as Joo-young Lee. Although he always dreams of changing a job, he quickly accepts the high reality and works harder than anyone else. Lee Sang-woon has recently expanded his field of activities with the drama "Amhaengeosa" and "Model Detective". In The Times, he also foretells the activity of instilling new vitality into the work by transferring the aspect of his own bright energy added to the character.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/22H5WZBXXB

• Like 2