Quantcast

[OFFICIAL] Kim Soo Hyun x Seo Ye Ji (MoonMoon | SooJi | HyunJi Couple) ❤️

Netflix interview foreign

The Straits Times

K-idol returns to the small screen

In his first lead role after completing military service, Kim Soo-hyun plays a caregiver in the Netflix romance drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay

If absence makes the heart grow fonder, fans of South Korean actor Kim Soo-hyun must be eagerly counting down to Saturday. That is when the debonair heart- throb - who shot to superstardom after acting in K-dramas such as Moon Embracing The Sun (2012) and My Love From The Star (2013 to 2014) - will make his much anticipated small-screen return as a leading man after completing his military service last July. His last starring role in a television series was in The Producers (2015).

In the new romance drama It's Okay To Not Be Okay on Netflix, Kim Soo Hyun [ 32] plays Moon Gang-tae, a caregiver in a psychiatric ward.

During a recent virtual press conference with the Asia-Pacific media, the star said from Seoul that while serving in the military, he felt a thirst to be on screen again.

He added: "After my military service, I have become physically stronger and a little bit more experienced. "I think that for anyone who has seen my acting prior to that, you will be able to notice that once you see our show." When he first read the script for the show, he felt his heart ache and decided the show was something he wanted to challenge himself to do. "I wanted to be able to express that heartache in my acting."

In the 16-episode drama, Kim's character meets a female author of children's books, Ko Mun-yeong, played by South Korean actress Seo Yea-ji. What transpires is an unusual romance between the two as they end up healing each other's emotional and wounds. Gang-tae is described as patient, smart and able to empathise with others.

But although the character seems strong, when he is by himself, he is much weaker.

Kim said: "I wanted to be able to express all of the hurt that Gang-tae has." He added that he wants this psychological vulnerability to resonate with viewers. When his character meets Mun- yeong, he lets his guard down. "He is able to complain about things and becomes like a child in front of her. So, I think meeting Mun-yeong is like a transitional point in Gang-tae's life." On working with Seo, the actor recalled: "As one tends to be around people you meet for the first time, there was a sense of awkwardness and difficulty between the two of us.

But as the actors spent a lot of time together and began to get into character, there grew to be "a com- fortable chemistry" between them. Seo, 30, who was also at the press conference, said of her co-star: "From my first day, he has been considerate towards me. I feel like our chemistry started off, and continues to be, quite good. "I would even go as far as to say he is probably the best partner whom I have had." Seo said of her character: "She lacks the ability to feel empathy towards other people. She is a cold character. I have to channel this image of a witch to express her."

But the character goes through a significant change after meeting Gang-tae, the actress added. Seo's credits include the psycho- logical thriller Save Me (2017) and the legal thriller Lawless Lawyer (2018). Asked what made her decide to take on her latest project, she cited director Park Shin-woo for his "irre- sistible" talent and writer Jo Yong for the intriguing story. She added: "Last but not least, I think any actress would be extremely happy to have Kim as her partner. "I had no reason not to do it."

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/k-idol-returns-to-the-small-screen

Seo Yea-ji (left) and Kim Soo-hyun (right) star in It's Okay To Not Be Okay.

tempCBdFV9rAGI5.jpg?type=w800

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 5
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU CAN'T!!! There's gonna be so many more content from them hahaha   I hope we get HD stills of these shots!!            

mommy and daddy are flirting.     Daddy holding mommy's purse/bag. 

I'm dead. Save me

2020.06.16  Good Data Rankings for the 2nd week of June 2020

TV drama topic list / Most Talked about Drama - Psycho It's Okay NO 4

Last week Psycho It's Okay NO 8, this week NO 4

0081wmhEly1gftvls268gj30ol0ol40z.jpg

Actor topic list / Most Talked about Actors
Kim Soo Hyun  NO 3
Seo Ye Ji  NO 9

0081wmhEly1gftvlsbcf0j30ol0ol415.jpg

• Like 3
  • Awesome 7
16 hours ago, LLYKE said:

Thank you for this warm welcoming!:wub: I don't mind you being crazy because I am like this too. lol 

It's a bit out of topic but I really like the design of their new agency, their website and Instagram feed are so satisfying, it's cool to see such good actors signing with people who seem to be good at their job (like management soop). I can smell some great promotion throughout the airing of the drama, hehe. B)

Hiii no problem! You are always welcome here :wub:

I can also sense that their agency is very supportive of them! Like look at those profile pictures! OMGHAHAH 

16 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

This gave me healing! I soooo love them 

3 hours ago, starwater0 said:

HEEEEEEY FAM:heart:!!! How are we feeling after all those solo shot updates yesterday. Seeing these edits of them together keeps heightening my expectationnnns!! Note to self...keep calm keep calm :joy:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I FEEL YOU! WHAT I'VE SEEN YESTERDAY ARE THE BEST THING EVER HAHAHAHHA

Either way Yeji's voice was made for the radio :wub:

Her voice is very soothing. I won't mind listening to her all day huhuhuhuh

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
16 hours ago, LLYKE said:

Thank you for this warm welcoming!:wub: I don't mind you being crazy because I am like this too. lol 

It's a bit out of topic but I really like the design of their new agency, their website and Instagram feed are so satisfying, it's cool to see such good actors signing with people who seem to be good at their job (like management soop). I can smell some great promotion throughout the airing of the drama, hehe. B)

awww you are very much welcome very very welcome here. and you are right! their agency is screaming elegance!

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

HEEEEEEY FAM:heart:!!! How are we feeling after all those solo shot updates yesterday. Seeing these edits of them together keeps heightening my expectationnnns!! Note to self...keep calm keep calm

I Am Calm GIFs | Tenor

hahahahahhahahaha we can't keep calm at this moment! they are releasing tons of amazing photos, videos, and promotions each day! Thank to @hwonhwon_stv for keeping us updated! 

guuuurl @starwater0 you might faint when episode 1 airs! hahahahahahha keep your heart safe

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
15 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Their unique story is about to begin, so mark your calendar on June 20,2020 cause It's Okay To Not Be Okay coming your way.

I ALREADY MARKED IT! OMG CAN JUNE 20 2020 COME ALREADY LIKE RIGHT NOWWW?? hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

hi i love this couple so much can't wait for saturday to come! 

i am a fan of kim soo hyun for a long time then when i saw the trailer, i felt inlove with seo ye ji instantly. this is giving me hotel blue moon vibes haha so in love! 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, gunhooooo said:

i am a fan of kim soo hyun for a long time then when i saw the trailer, i felt inlove with seo ye ji instantly. this is giving me hotel blue moon vibes haha so in love! 

Hiiii welcome here!!! 

Is that park gunhoo in your profile picture?! that baby is freaking cute

wait

is that park gunhoo too in your profile picture @starwater0?? HAHAHAHHA

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, gunhooooo said:

Welcome welcome!!! Love your profile pic haha...sooooocute 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, moonlover said:

Guys, I saw @seojiseoji on youtube comments promoting this thread! I am laughing so hard right now

@seojiseoji SISSSSSSSS no wonder people are finding us from there hahaha:joy: GREAT JOBBBBB

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, seojiseoji said:

is that park gunhoo too in your profile picture @starwater0?? HAHAHAHHA

the one and only!!!! gosh i miss them so much on the show :tears:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, yejisoohyun said:

hahahahahahhaah june 20 should come already! this is making us frustrated

True! Its because of this couple.  :love:

Its like, hoping Netflix has an advance date setting for a fast episode/s to appear. :innocent::grin::joy:

HAHAHAHA

• Like 4
  • LOL 6