[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Well it’s not fair to compare his abs from School 2017. That was 3-4 years ago. He’s evidently way more muscular now than then. He’s even more ripped compared to his CLOY days which was just a year ago :glasses: And yes, I only watched those shirtless scenes just for research  :ph34r:

On a serious note, I appreciate his abs but I’m just happy that he looks healthy. Knowing he suffered from eating disorder I don’t want him to push himself too much in this area. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

13 hours ago, aisling said:

On a serious note, I appreciate his abs but I’m just happy that he looks healthy. Knowing he suffered from eating disorder I don’t want him to push himself too much in this area. 

Honestly, he doesn't seem to be back to his old self yet. Watching Mr. Queen BTS clips, and it still seems that he's either quite anxious or depressed. He was very much more relaxed in BTS clips and interviews when Welcome to Waikiki was airing, even laughing and acting silly.

Overcoming an eating disorder can take years. I hope he is getting help to become less demanding towards himself and finding happiness within himself. :heart1:

Spoiler

Seo In Guk also suffered from an eating disorder but seems to have fully recovered :kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, G L said:

Does anyone know why his instagram not verified? He has more than half of million followers? I've seen many with only 20k verified before?!?!? 

Edit: typo

he had already applied but still not granted he said it in his previous ig live

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, janichin said:

he had already applied but still not granted he said it in his previous ig live

It's so weird I have to say. My only theory is because his profile photo is not a photo of himself, hence they can't verify if it's the same person. Cause I know to get verified one has to send ID to confirm there identity. 

Edit: a close-up photo of himself I meant

Edited by G L
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aisling said:

And why am I suddenly imagining Choi Jin Hyuk with Kim Jung Hyun instead of Shin Hye Sun???

Please join the party.... :P
(and that's *only* because SHS is THAT good at acting she has CJH's soul in her, I repeat) xD
CJH X KJH = heaven. 
I C-A-N-T.
*fans self rapidly*
Is it getting hot in here? :P
The weekend isn't over yet, and the thread has turned into KJH simp/ fangirling section already, and I am LIVING for it...Keep sharing these delicious nuggets! :heart:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Hmmm... :D I think we can all agree that it was So Bong who "wore the pants" in the consummation scene. :D

From the book/ c-drama, that's what happened. And apparently, as per their logic, if you're 'on top + drunk' you forget the mechanisms to a point where you forget which person's what body part goes where...and hence, the next day confusion :sweat_smile:
On a completely tangential note, I wonder Cheoljong, who is a proper Joseon royal man, would be thinking about his wife, who is a 'proper Joseon noble lady' who he didn't want to touch till a few nights back because of the clan she belongs to... who also is crazy wild in behavior and personality, and who ended up 'attacking, ravaging and devouring him like a tigress' during a torrid night of passionate love-making, where HE, being the man (& expected to 'lead' as per norms) ended up being on the 'receiving end' of his Queen's amorous activities...
We got the Queen freaking the RickRoll'D out.
But, like, I really need to know *his* reactions, and *his* thoughts on this.:winkx:
Anybody relate?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, cenching said:

Regarding the last scene in today episode when The Queen brings the ramyeon pot on The King's table, she pulls a book from the piles to use as a pot stand. That book happens to be the book that was exchanged in the well. So maybe the rescued that The King meant is really the one during the childhood.  Not to mention in the love shot scene, The Queen mentioned something about she decided to live. Similar to what she said in the well too.

But since we don't have to complete story yet, let's see then....:approves:

I wondered why the book is in king hand, last time was in HJ hand. Perhaps the last meeting with HJ at ep 15 he asked the truth and HJ turn the book to the king and admited her lie story?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

Please join the party.... :P
(and that's *only* because SHS is THAT good at acting she has CJH's soul in her, I repeat) xD
CJH X KJH = heaven. 
I C-A-N-T.
*fans self rapidly*
Is it getting hot in here? :P
The weekend isn't over yet, and the thread has turned into KJH simp/ fangirling section already, and I am LIVING for it...Keep sharing these delicious nuggets! :heart:

From the book/ c-drama, that's what happened. And apparently, as per their logic, if you're 'on top + drunk' you forget the mechanisms to a point where you forget which person's what body part goes where...and hence, the next day confusion :sweat_smile:
On a completely tangential note, I wonder Cheoljong, who is a proper Joseon royal man, would be thinking about his wife, who is a 'proper Joseon noble lady' who he didn't want to touch till a few nights back because of the clan she belongs to... who also is crazy wild in behavior and personality, and who ended up 'attacking, ravaging and devouring him like a tigress' during a torrid night of passionate love-making, where HE, being the man (& expected to 'lead' as per norms) ended up being on the 'receiving end' of his Queen's amorous activities...
We got the Queen freaking the RickRoll'D out.
But, like, I really need to know *his* reactions, and *his* thoughts on this.:winkx:
Anybody relate?

Well, I wish I could get CJH and KJH out of my gutter mind. I was rewatching earlier episode when So Bong still had CJH’s voice and it kind of affected me LOL. 

If the drama ends with two of them meeting as their reincarnations in the future, I’m pretty sure Cheoljong won’t be a man and won’t look like Kim Jung Hyun. Can you imagine how would Koreans react if the last scene was CJH and KJH gazing at each other longingly LMAO? :joy: 

It’s enough that some people still don’t acknowledge any of Bong Hwan’s feelings towards Cheoljong. We’ve seen So Bong crying truly just once and it was because of Cheoljong, but nope, So Bong’s feelings weren’t valid because that would be too “weird” for So Bong to care for Cheoljong because they’re both dudes. 

I’m pretty sure Cheoljong had “out of this world” experience during their first night. So Bong probably did some techniques on him that even Kamasutra didn’t prepared him for :ph34r: That’s why he was so disappointed she left immediately after barging into his bedroom. His body that remembered their first night was anticipating something else :phew: 

Look at his face, it went from excitement to disappointment in one second.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Honestly, he doesn't seem back to his old self yet. Watching Mr. Queen BTS clips, and it still seems that he's either quite anxious or depressed. He was very much more relaxed in BTS clips and interviews when Welcome to Waikiki was airing, even laughing and acting silly.

Overcoming an eating disorder can take years. I hope he is getting help to become less demanding towards himself and finding happiness within himself.

Yes, i saw it too, that nervous, sombre energy around him. He’s vastly better than his previous Time days, and I am happy (because atleast he’s not in that crippling, debilitating mental state where he’s almost suicidal):bawling:

Not to mention online bullies were absolutely vicious and toxic to him, and that kind of emotional trauma is difficult to get over, esp if a part of your job demands you to have a good relationship with your fans :/

He’s a textbook-case of what can go wrong with method-acting, and the only more heartbreaking case I can think of, is Heath Ledger :(

Yes, eating disorders (your relationship with food) can take tears to fix. But diet, nutrient and calorie-wise, he’s in a good place (it’s impossible to have that physique without getting apt dietary requirements)...and I am happy for him and this gradual progress! Hope his waikiki days will be back soon!

24 minutes ago, aisling said:

Look at his face, it went from excitement to disappointment in one second.

Bwahahaha! He’s like: ‘hello...excuse me Sir, are you coming back?!’

wonders to self: *did i just get turned down?* *what can I do to get a repeat performance?* *pouts*

29 minutes ago, aisling said:

We’ve seen So Bong crying truly just once and it was because of Cheoljong, but nope, So Bong’s feelings weren’t valid because that would be too “weird” for So Bong to care for Cheoljong because they’re both dudes. 

Why do I feel like BongHwan is one of those men who believe ‘men don’t cry?’. The fact he cried for Cheoljong is even more proof how much he cares for him, and perhaps even *loves* him though he’s got time before he acknowledges it....

32 minutes ago, aisling said:

Can you imagine how would Koreans react if the last scene was CJH and KJH gazing at each other longingly LMAO?

Honestly, if Cheoljong is a woman in 2021, Imma have my pitchfork ready, because the 19 episodes before finale woulda been a LIEEEE! :bawling:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

EP 15

Every single time when the writer ruins a character, the writer uses that awful cheap flashbacks! This is ridiculous.

It looks like writer is going to replace Kim Jwa Geun with Kim Byeong In. Then why did writer made young Kim Byeong In save young Cheol Jong? And I can easily notice how So Bong never clearly explain anything to Byeong In (they barely talk to each other), and Byeong In doesn't visit So Bong much despite him being second lead. This leads to both Byeong In and So Bong having misinformation and misunderstanding. That's how writer could continue to make him as a villain. 

Even though Prince Yeong Phyeong was ruined with that stupid cheap flashback, I like the fact that he tried to persuade Jo Hwa Jin to come back to good side. He loves her enough to let what she did slide, but he's not fine with her staying evil. When she tried to talk herself as a victim again, he strongly retorted that she shouldn't think that way. I bet Prince Yeong Phyeong could let it slide because it mainly only affected Kim clan.

But I don't trust the writer, so I don't know what Prince Yeong Phyeong would do.

Anyway, so did So Yong's father die or what? Did the writer just kill off her father after the crime book plot was over? Did writer kill off her father, so that king doesn't have to worry about her father? I wouldn't be surprised if the writer actually did that.

Cheol Jong finding about the well secret is also kind of lackluster. I thought it would be stretched out longer with continuous hints of him being closer to the truth. Seriously? That easily? In one day? Two hints from So Bong and then another from Jo Hwa Jin, and that's it? Also, I thought Jo Hwa Jin had the book with her, not Cheol Jong? I remember her trying to erase So Yong's name in the book.

I loved So Bong's ramyeon innuendo with clueless Cheol Jong. I am disappointed that it had to end, especially with such a ridiculous figured out in one day lackluster truth.

So Bong's revenge was awesome. I especially liked the scene with Jo Hwa Jin because it was serious.

I'm glad Kim Hwan let go of Hong Yeon. It was sad, but heartwarming. I also liked the scene with Special Director Hong and him.

And I agree with Special Director Hong. If I was him, I would complain about my job too. Cheol Jong better give him a vacation after it's all over.

The preview is ridiculous with So Bong with a sword looking like So Bong is going to sword fight with Kim Jaw Geun. I hope it's a dream or just So Bong imagining it.

Edited by louisawatson
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, G L said:

It's so weird I have to say. My only theory is because his profile photo is not a photo of himself, hence they can't verify if it's the same person. Cause I know to get verified one has to send ID to confirm there identity. 

Edit: a close-up photo of himself I meant

verified or not im just happy he finally back on sns after series of hacking that led him to deactivated his old insta. he made promise to communicate more and he keeps his promise

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pre-released clip from Episode 16:

I demand to see Cheoljong being wipped for his wife after seeing her in men’s clothes. 

Mr Queen set its own new record!  Mr Queen is currently 8th highest rated in cable television. There are 5 episodes left so we’ll see...

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 2