[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

8 minutes ago, poopytubby said:

he had an entire choreography and storyline ready i absolutely lost it

also the plot twist at the end? threw my entire phone. this episode was freaking great i hollered so much :joy:

LOL  @poopytubby thank you for this.  Your post had me in stitches LOLLLLL :Megalol:
and I  LIKE  your name !

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, Lj said:

Yesterday while watching the live streaming even I don’t speak Korean, my blood boil like crazy because of HJ and BI, although I understand some words it’s so annoying what they are doing! I was praying to bring back old SB, happy and carefree, but this episode is important as well on how she regain all the memories of SY, now she will be on guard and at least aware of her surrounding. 
my POV is SY decided to end her life so she is completely gone just like what happened in the lake, SB went back to the surface while she stayed their their soul never merge, now SY needs to accept that she/he change because now he has no choice but to inhibit the body of SY, and she needs to be SY, but not forsake her old soul BH. And one fact is she fall in love with Cheoljong, and I believe that Cheoljong sleep with her because he loves her as a husband. 

I haven't seen ep 13 yet but this is similar to my theory that SY is dead and gone and it's just her memories that she left behind esp since she killed herself. I read comments here that talked about some flashbacks which revealed that she found out about her father's illegal acts, she was distressed abt Byeong In's advances, and heartbroken about the king, hurt by Hwa Jin's betrayal (I hope I got it right). 

Considering all these stressors plus her life is in danger constantly bec of the machinations in the palace, (didn't someone say in an earlier episode that she had to act vicious and have servants punished bec she was trying to be dismissed as the choice for queen and be booted out of the palace? this seems to be contrary to her kind and obedient personality so she had to pretend)  she probably felt alone and tired of it all. 

Probably thought it wasn't worth it anymore and taking herself out of the game might actually give some resolution to the situation. These are just my guesses. But if you take this as her frame of mind, she (SY) wouldn't have wanted to hang around and deal with the whole mess.

And I agree that BH must learn to accept that he is where he is and he needs to deal with the mess he's stuck in and be more honest, more aware and open  to the relationships he's developing in joseon. Most importantly,  he needs to figure out who he is now, and accept it even if it means that there are now parts of him that are more SY than BH...

This is what I've been waiting for and looking forward to actually.  I really want to see some growth in his character.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m dead guys.

Oh Cheoljong, you have no idea what you did with your exposed chest. You just unleashed the monster LMAO. She literally offered him ramyum (EVERY k-drama fan knows the implication, right???) while batting her eyelashes :joy:

I thought I was on cloud nine with episode 14 already, yet the next episode is definitely hot!!! "Will you eat Ramen before you leave?" is for seducing??? OMG, it killed me! xD

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

19 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

LOL  thank you for this.  Your post had me in stitches LOLLLLL :Megalol:
and I  LIKE  your name !

hehe np and thanks xD

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Can I ask why is our Queen screaming here?  jeballlll

she was freaking out cos she just found out the one she spent the night with was cheoljong and not hongyeon 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

What a husband material! So Bong asked him to protect a little girl and he said “What my queen wants, my queen will get.” 

He probably didn’t use the real poison, after all they have the royal physician on their side, right? That hand signal was so freaking cute!!! He does remember everything about So Bong. Cheoljong is getting cooler and swoonier with every episode.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

Just dropping in for a quick comment - absolutely loved today's episode and I'm going to use the blob :partyblob: like crazy for all the gifs that were and are going to be posted - the royal couple was just fire today. Although their "hot" night is left to our imaginations, I loooove the king's take on it lol 

I'm super super glad that they decided to end the whole misunderstanding cascade - I'm glad the king heard So Bong's confessing her would-be betrayal (I was worried he would be blindly in love with her after her recent help with the dishes) - this is what I really love about Cheoljong - he is not delusional - which is a PRETTY HUGE achievement - he figured out the queen helped him and then he confirmed with the chef that it was indeed true - he loves the queen but he is very much aware of the minefield that is setup everywhere - so far he seems to be handling his "work-life" balance quite well. Once he understood he can't suppress his feelings, he's all-in. He's quite practical about it too. Really loved him and his antics this episode. 

Finally, So Bong is waking up and taking control - can't wait for next week. This duo will take over the palace by storm. And finally, we may get a proper consensual "tiger" So Bong next week. :piggydance:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Blob 5

Hi everyone! I was silently lurking around but today I wanted to say hi and share my thoughts with you all

I’m very excited how things have been developing til now. I have to confess I had some doubts about how the writers were going to handle the plot, but now I’m convinced they know what they’re doing :D

I ve watched episode 13 at kissasian and viki and There’s a big difference in translation  that I want to comment here:

When the queen regained her memories, she remembered a talk with Kim Jwa-Geun. The translation in viki says

” the queen is merely a pedestal to lift the king” but the translation in kissasian says “ the queen is nothing but the best field that produces princes”

So I was wondering if that means something more. And the fact that they slept together now it seems more relevant according to kissasian translation of that particular scene

I can't wait for the next chapter! Relaxing Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

• Like 5

Preview for episode 15 with subs.

So Bong was saying something like “Call it an experiment” in the preview.

So I think she’ll try to test herself if she’s truly attracted to Cheoljong when she’s sober. LOL, I think she already lost.

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 5
  • Blob 3

22 minutes ago, Uaenaforever said:

I ve watched episode 13 at kissasian and viki and There’s a big difference in translation  that I want to comment here:

When the queen regained her memories, she remembered a talk with Kim Jwa-Geun. The translation in viki says

” the queen is merely a pedestal to lift the king” but the translation in kissasian says “ the queen is nothing but the best field that produces princes”

So I was wondering if that means something more. And the fact that they slept together now it seems more relevant according to kissasian translation of that particular scene

The literal translation I got in the context: 

Kim Jwa-Guen: Do you think being a queen will bring you more power than me? The queen role is nothing but only to produce worthy heirs. 

Basically a very sexist remark, lol. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, aisling said:

He probably didn’t use the real poison, after all they have the royal physician on their side, right? That hand signal was so freaking cute!!! He does remember everything about So Bong. 

Not only Cheoljong, but the writers as well. Their writing is so tight, they don't leave a single thread hanging. For a while I thought they had dropped So Bong's early concubine assignment (when she added up all the numbers), but they brought it back in. 

Also, they are doing an amazing job keeping deaths off screen and being very economical with them. They know as soon as they start killing characters we are invested in, the comedy is going to take a back seat to the romance and drama for the remainder of the series. They are putting that off as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

Finally, So Bong is waking up and taking control - can't wait for next week. This duo will take over the palace by storm. And finally, we may get a proper consensual "tiger" So Bong next week. 

Yep! So far she's applied her considerable brainpower and charm to placating the power brokers and staying as much out of the plotting as possible. Once she's decided the fastest route to security is straight through her husband's enemies, I suspect they are going to as surprised by her as Cheoljong.

Lady Choi is enjoying her queen's discomfort way too much.... :lol:

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 5
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Also, what's with the K-dramas, turning the second ML into vilest of villains? Is that the only way to eliminate competition? I am fervently hoping ,Mr . Queen would not follow suit. Byeong-in, please don't become a vile villain. Just give up gracefully, don't make me hate you.

Actually in my experience of watching Korean romance drama whether in historical time or modern time, usually it is the second female lead that turn into the villain.

While for the second male lead, whether at the beginning he is the jerk type of guy or already sweet type of guy, he will be so sweet and become a knight in the shining armor for the main female lead. He sacrificed everything and some second male lead especially in Korean historical romance drama even died while protecting the main female lead.

That's where the term "second lead syndrome" for Korean drama come from. But the second male lead here really annoyed me because he is soo delusional just like the second female lead.

Our king confession to his queen is so sweet aww

I'm happy that our queen accepted her feeling and started to seduce her king next week but I want she confess about her feeling to him through words like he did at least once huhu:tears:

credit to the owner

Sasaeng LOOL

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Bold makeup (eyeliner and lipstick), extra hair ornaments and black hanbok?

Make a way everyone, Queen So Bong is coming!

credit to the owner

Spoiler

And together their will become a powerhouse couple outside and inside their bedroom:P

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Haha yes Cheol Jong way of explanation about their hot night using his hand remind me of the scene in that movie too

Spoiler

credit to the owner

The anti-fans of Mr Queen are really thirsty:joy:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Agree LOL

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 2

29 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

wow - I forget this is a 20 eps drama - I'm quite upset that the little girl had to die, but again the sad event was needed as a catalyst [especially for the queen].

I don't think she's dead. The king is going to have to start a village for exiled servants who have to leave the palace.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Even though their first night was chaster than I expected I really liked the way So Bong grabbed Cheoljong’s neck.

spacer.png

spacer.png

She’s so passionate when it to comes to skinship, it’s so refreshing to see a female lead who looks like she’s actually enjoying touching and kissing her love interest. Some female leads lay like a corpse and I always cringe when a male lead has to do all the work. 

I hope we’ll get to see another intimate scene where both So Bong and Cheoljong are sober and where So Bong really wants to be with Cheoljong. Cheoljong has been pining over So Bong for several episodes, so I wouldn’t mind watching So Bong long for him instead.

Also both Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun looked so beautiful and dreamy during this tender scene I didn’t know who to swoon over first!

• Like 18
  • Blob 2