I just finished episode 14 and watching it with subs made me felt disappointed in So Bong. She still chose to side with the winner side, as she put it. After all she witnessed. She agreed to spy on Cheoljong in order to to live a long life. How are you going to live a long life with full of regrets, So Bong ah?

yr4RrQ6.jpg

It’s like someone mentioned it earlier - Jang Bong Hwan was self-centred for all

his life, he has never loved anybody enough to sacrifice or fight back for that person. 

The contrast between how So Yong replied was stark.

1r90kqC.jpg

Let’s see if So Bong will be able to truly love Cheoljong to the point of risking her own life for him.

• Like 8
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

Also can we talk about how Cheoljong was the mastermind behind the explosion? Kudos to those who predicted this. I just can’t comprehend how on Earth did he calculate the outcome? What if he didn’t survive it? It’s the explosion after all, anything unpredictable could have happened! Did he just rely on luck to survive it? That’s just insane!

And what about the loss of hearing? Did he order the royal physician to lie that his hearing was damaged? 

Why wasn’t this part translated? Is it because it was hard to read?

RQKDCEC.jpg

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
50 minutes ago, aisling said:

Why wasn’t this part translated? Is it because it was hard to read?

Yeah, I think it's too hard to translate. I have no idea what the words are.

It's definitely different from what we saw blind nurse lady was writing "the queen in danger," so it could be details of danger?

I think this one was purposely written more confusingly because it's spoilers. or it could be old korean words that i'm not familiar with. Maybe the old fashioned way they speak what time it is or maybe the palace name? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun’s acting was so exceptional in this episode. That opening scene really stuck with me. The queen’s desperation to get to the king was so heart-wrenching. I’m not going to ponder over if they did it or not; I’ll just wait for the next episode to reveal what actually happened. But the untied hair......if you know, you know. I have to admit I will be disappointed if they decide to go the same route as the c-drama. It feels non-consensual to me. 

Edited by Maliah
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Yesterday while watching the live streaming even I don’t speak Korean, my blood boil like crazy because of HJ and BI, although I understand some words it’s so annoying what they are doing! I was praying to bring back old SB, happy and carefree, but this episode is important as well on how she regain all the memories of SY, now she will be on guard and at least aware of her surrounding. 
my POV is SY decided to end her life so she is completely gone just like what happened in the lake, SB went back to the surface while she stayed their their soul never merge, now SY needs to accept that she/he change because now he has no choice but to inhibit the body of SY, and she needs to be SY, but not forsake her old soul BH. And one fact is she fall in love with Cheoljong, and I believe that Cheoljong sleep with her because he loves her as a husband. 

• Like 11
  • Blob 1

Sorry for fellas here who not read the original novel nor watched the webdrama, but yes the Emperor and the Empress indeed did that when the Empress was drunk and she thought that's her maid.

And the way The Queen woke up beside The King, that's the original novel version then.

From the preview, I have feeling they will show us from the king's memories about that night. Hope for the hot kiss please.

About the Queen said she would betray the King, and would be the spy for that evil. I thought she would really do that and later The King knew that all along. His brother would push him to kill her because he made promise to behead The Queen himself if she's became his enemy.

Spoiler

From Chinese version, when The Emperor knew that the Empress joint hand to killing him, The Emperor's drunk and he came to The Empress, he asked why she betrayed him even though he has tried his best to her, she's his legitimate wife. But later that night, "from I wanna kill you turn out to be I will eat you". Yups they have another hot night.

And later The Emperor thought The Empress did betraying because she felt unloved by the King, and that made The Emperor expelled that concubine.

About BI wanna be a king, I also ask the same question about the Royal blood. As I know, to be a king not only about you want or not, but that's about Royal blood. Will we get the hidden story about BI? And why I have feeling that BI and CJ actually we're brothers?

Another question : How king's mother can enter in to SY's house? And asked The CJ to hide in well? I meant that well inside Queen's house right?

Spoiler

Also from Chinese version, The Empress ever asked The Ninth Prince to give up about throne for her baby, because whatever would happen, her baby maybe could be the next Emperor. So the ninth prince agreed to give up and would support the baby be the next Emperor.

The Emperor actually also wanted his son became the next Emperor but he didn't want the ninth Prince would be around his son, so he made plan to brought out the Ninth Prince along with him to war.

Okay maybe later you would be lil bit feel annoying for our Queen because she's too selfish, self-centered indeed. But that's SoBong nature inside right? Actually since beginning, SoBong only thought all about herself, how to save herself, how to have fun, how to get what she wants. 

Hope she will learn more about love, because we only have episode 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20, 7 episodes only to make her learn about love and how to love.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1
7 hours ago, aisling said:

This was quite an insane level of acting from Kim Jung Hyun. I was honestly terrified of him at this moment. I have so much respect for him as an actor. He doesn’t care about the flattering angles or if he looks handsome in all shots. He’s just delivering his best performance

Same!! I actually get immersed with his acting and feel the intensity. Kim Jung Hyun is a top class actor! 

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

well - if the drama follows closely the C- version - she gets pregnant after that night, and perhaps that's the reason  why she gets away from not being poisoned; my guess is - they will find out that the queen is pregnant because she will throw up the tea. It's a wild one, but it's the only thing the makes sense right now [ for me]...

Nice to meet you all!!! only 71 pages? 

@larus, how are you? :))

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

In the short videos shown so far.. “HY” touches the queen’s face back and bends over to kiss her( reciprocating and hence hopefully consensual ...)... now the issue is whether soyong’s body and soul take over like in the earlier drunk scene and technically put us into consensual territory... lol

but the little speech she gave at the lake seems like the way out of this moral dilemma... she says that if it’s Cheoljong she also wants it...

but it’s quite funny cos poor CJ is falling deeper especially after the mixed up Joseon text messaging...

but I don’t really care anymore cos they look so good together... and it’s them against the rest of the corrupt court!

go team!!

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

YES! We need more details of what happened in the last scene!

And I'm also a bit disappointed that whenever these hot kisses and night happened between SB and CJ, SB doesn't remember at all [?] Was SY soul back when that happened? I don't think so... Right? Anyway, it's just too bad that only CJ who remembers those moments and SB not :pensive: Well, since it seems the writer use Go Princes Go's route there will be another 'hot kisses' or another 'hot nights' when SB are fully sober  and can we hope for more details scene like Ep 9 hot kisses then?:winkx:

Other than the last scene of ep 13, the scene when CJ entered the court and showed his true color is my favorite scene this episode. He framed KJG and risking his life by planning the explosion. I'm worried that KJG will find evidence that he's innocent and that will be a backfire to CJ and the Kim clan will pay it back worse. Especially that now they know CJ fancy SB, and SB is willing to help Kim Clan. :pensive: SB is really selfish and opportunist here. And yeah I also think that the blind maid is probably in CJ side, spying the Grand Dowager Queen meetings.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후