Quantcast

23 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

READ AFTER WATCHING EP10

The King definitely has more feeling toward So Bong than HwaJin.

HwaJin is kindhearted savior that puts comfort to him, but it was never big. All they have is that little past. Sure, very important, but still tiny moment compared to his whole life. Both King and HwaJin hardly know each other. Both only cling to that tiny moment in the past. King because that's the only comfort he had in his whole life. HwaJin because that's only moment when she won So Yong and gained someone who So Yong couldn't.

However, as King spent time together with So Bong, he became interested in So Bong's brash manner that doesn't hide any motivation. He learned that So Bong is kindhearted in her own way, and she can be in danger just like him. Slowly, king learned that they are not so different and perhaps he could trust her a little. He can let himself slip from his facade. It's okay if he's exactly neither a dumb king (for kim clan) nor iron-willed king (for rebels). It's okay for him to show his true self and vulnerable side. He tells her his true hurtful feeling. He can trust So Bong to keep the secret. He can let himself go in front of her.

Cheong Jong saw HwaJin when he needed someone to save him in the well. HwaJin is a savior to him. Someone the king is always grateful for. HwaJin knows this well since she actually said that's king's weakness to Prince Yeong Phyeong. 

However, that's where it ends. He can't open himself to her. She's a comfort, but he's not comfortable with her.

That's why only when king saw it's So Bong in the room that he hugged the queen, and didn't let go. So Bong is the greatest comfort to Cheol Jong because he's comfortable with the queen. He can express his vulnerable feeling to So Bong. The queen wouldn't use it against him (kim clan) or tell him to get hold of himself (rebels). So Bong will listen to him and comfort him, then keep the secret.

Anyway, I'm glad that King kind of admitted his feeling for So Bong when HwaJin asked if he has a feeling for the queen. He answered "I can't have a feeling for the queen." HwaJin retorted "You can't, not that you don't." (because of Kim clan)

After the nightmare, he again thinks about So Bong. There is no hints of HwaJin at all. The one that he trusts to keep the nightmare away is So Bong.

-

Anyway, HwaJin is not dumb enough to wear queen's accessory outside. I wonder if she wore it in front of Prince Yeong Phyeong because she trusts him or she knew he doesn't have knowledge to point it out.

Well, at least I'm glad that the final point of her fully going against So Bong is because of her maid. I understand of her thinking the culprit is kim clan (because it is, even though that body might not be her maid). However, Her thought that queen has anything to do with it is just her jealousy and inferiority complex taking over.

It's quite unfortunate that she's pretty dumb and continue to be a puppet for the queen dowager. 

But still, she wouldn't be that dumb to shoot arrow at the queen. It could be an animal behind So Bong or it could be just editing to make preview more exciting.

Every episode, the drama reminded us that all the people and place are fictional and not real history. 

Also, this is fantasy. The history is already changed the moment Jang Bong Hwan took over queen's body.

So Bong created this whole new kinds of food and teaching other chefs how to cook them. Queen even made a face mask and food carrier.

Also, the theme of drama seems to be not giving up on one's life and brave oneself to continue to live on.

I'm pretty sure So Bong's plan is not going to work. It's injustice and making the female lead evil. Therefore, Bong Hwan will return to modern era later to solve his own problem. 

Thank you! Thank so much for your thoughts! It’s like a medicine for my anxiety for new episodes:heart2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

4 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m not sure about the historical figures, seems like the production team wants to distance themselves from the real history. They always emphasize all characters and events are fictional.

Talking about consequences, if So Bong manages to take revenge on Mr Han and he’s unable to continue his lineage... It means in the future Jang Bong Hwan will never fall into a pool and he’ll never meet Cheoljong... I’m sure So Bong will come to the same conclusion as a way to “reset” everything.

Oh no, now I made myself tremble... They’re not going to end it like this, right????????? With Bong Hwan resetting everything like nothing ever happened... like... like Cheoljong never existed.... 

As I remember this drama took period around 2nd year of Cheoljong as the king, and the history said that he's died in his 13th year and later he only had daughter, all his sons died in young ages...

Spoiler

Suddenly I remember Moon Lovers, Wang Soo indeed had children from his queen only. In last episode, when Wang Soo (LJG) knew he had daughter from IU, he let his brother came to city and gave order to let his daughter came to palace.

And you knew in the end, based on history, the one who become queen later, the one who married with his son was that daughter. That period step brother-step sister could marry, because Wang Soo actually married her own step sister right? Same father, different mother. 

I knew that all were fictional character. They could made anything became possible.

In my own imagination, because this was in his 2nd year, maybe he could got success to handle the Kim clan and made the court not dominated by Kim and Jo clan. He took alot women from each clan to let them fight in court. He used enemy's enemy as a tool...

I remember, the original title from this drama was Queen Cheorin. Nah I completely believe that The Concubine never able to get that Queen title. And Mr. Queen would help and be the strongest ally for the king, to handle Kim and Jo clan. The king should realize that Jo clan also not as pure as he thought, same like The Concubine. That's all about greedy for more power.

3 hours ago, louisawatson said:

READ AFTER WATCHING EP10

The King definitely has more feeling toward So Bong than HwaJin.

HwaJin is kindhearted savior that puts comfort to him, but it was never big. All they have is that little past. Sure, very important, but still tiny moment compared to his whole life. Both King and HwaJin hardly know each other. Both only cling to that tiny moment in the past. King because that's the only comfort he had in his whole life. HwaJin because that's only moment when she won So Yong and gained someone who So Yong couldn't.

However, as King spent time together with So Bong, he became interested in So Bong's brash manner that doesn't hide any motivation. He learned that So Bong is kindhearted in her own way, and she can be in danger just like him. Slowly, king learned that they are not so different and perhaps he could trust her a little. He can let himself slip from his facade. It's okay if he's neither exactly a dumb king (for kim clan) nor iron-willed king (for rebels). It's okay for him to show his true self and vulnerable side. He tells her his true hurtful feeling. He can trust So Bong to keep the secret. He can let himself go in front of her.

Cheol Jong saw HwaJin when he needed someone to save him in the well. HwaJin is a savior to him. Someone the king is always grateful for. HwaJin knows this well since she actually said that's king's weakness to Prince Yeong Phyeong. 

However, that's where it ends. He can't open himself to her. She's a comfort, but he's not comfortable with her.

That's why only when king saw it's So Bong in the room that he hugged the queen, and didn't let go. So Bong is the greatest comfort to Cheol Jong because he's comfortable with the queen. He can express his vulnerable feeling to So Bong. The queen wouldn't use it against him (kim clan) or tell him to get hold of himself (rebels). So Bong will listen to him and comfort him, then keep the secret.

Anyway, I'm glad that King kind of admitted his feeling for So Bong when HwaJin asked if he has a feeling for the queen. He answered "I can't have a feeling for the queen." HwaJin retorted "You can't, not that you don't." (because of Kim clan)

After the nightmare, he again thinks about So Bong. There is no hints of HwaJin at all. The one that he trusts to keep the nightmare away is So Bong.

-

Anyway, HwaJin is not dumb enough to wear queen's accessory outside. I wonder if she wore it in front of Prince Yeong Phyeong because she trusts him or she knew he doesn't have knowledge to point it out.

Well, at least I'm glad that the final point of her fully going against So Bong is because of her maid. I understand of her thinking the culprit is kim clan (because it is, even though that body might not be her maid). However, Her thought that queen has anything to do with it is just her jealousy and inferiority complex taking over.

It's quite unfortunate that she's pretty dumb and continue to be a puppet for the queen dowager. 

But still, she wouldn't be that dumb to shoot arrow at the queen. It could be an animal behind So Bong or it could be just editing to make preview more exciting.

Every episode, the drama reminded us that all the people and place are fictional and not real history. 

Also, this is fantasy. The history is already changed the moment Jang Bong Hwan took over queen's body.

So Bong created this whole new kinds of food and teaching other chefs how to cook them. Queen even made a face mask and food carrier.

Also, the theme of drama seems to be not giving up on one's life and brave oneself to continue to live on.

I'm pretty sure So Bong's plan is not going to work. It's injustice and making the female lead evil. Therefore, Bong Hwan will return to modern era later to solve his own problem. 

When the king realized that the one who he hug was the queen, he told the queen comfortably about his nightmare. He felt save when he hug the queen like that.

Then I really loved when the king hopelessly said that "I'm person who can't love the Queen" to answer Concubine's question "Did you have change your heart?"

And right, concubine had highlight about his statement "You didn't say did not but can not", that meant he already loved but he realized he didn't have the right to love....

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

In latest episode So Bong asked self what was s/he forgetting...

It seems s/he's starting to forget her original plan to find way to return to modern times and go back to original body. 

• Like 2

I think its still to far fetched to assume the King will abdicate. It won't be a part of his charector  either since he seems to  care about that position greatly. People here think since it's a fantasy drama, they will take liberty woth historical facts, but I personally don't think they will strecth history that far. In the original chinese drama, it was a fictional kingdom. I think the writer chose  actual historical figures for a reason, and I think though it might be over the top, taking some creative liberties, the drama makes it clear it doesn't edit or gloss over  important moments of history. The purge the royal chef's family went through is a historical fact, the purge and the rivalry between the Kim and the Jo clan are real. I think the drama takes historical interpreatation in things that don't have strong historical backing, like what happened then and there at the Palace. like there are certain liberties like bong teaching them cooking, makeup etc... There's only one fusion time travel drama with real historical figures, moonlovers. In that histoy doesn;t change but the heroine leaves her makeup knowledge, and she finds her products in future exhibhit. I think it will be something like that. From the preview, looks like Bong Hwan found his nemesis's ancestor's, if he tries to wipe them clean or harm them, I think that's exactly will lead to problems for him in the future. Maybe the time travel is cyclical, how his actions in the past will affect the future. We'll see. This show was just in a bit of controversy for distorting history in the first few episodes, if it deliberately changes history , it will cause confusion and go in to trouble probably.  I think its historical-fanatsy fusion, but it's very hard to predict the end now. Given the ligh hearted nature of this drama,we can only tell from episode 15 , what path it will end. Sweet , tragic or predictable. I watched the original drama a bit, and there the queen gets pregnant, gives birth etc... so we really have to wait and see. Now time wise, it's moving very slowly, so maybe So Young's soul will return, or Sobong will have to get used more than just skirts, or breaking "no touch" lol.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
11 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Is the King able to read and write? I thought he didn't. There was a scene where his ally was reading a martial arts book to him and explaining the content. What gives?

He can...  he's just acting it .... so that others don't be suspicious of him.  However, in yesterday's episode it seems he has been given a "warning" after his action during the meeting with the ministers plus the extra info by Byeong in.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, reddragon said:

Is the King able to read and write? I thought he didn't. There was a scene where his ally was reading a martial arts book to him and explaining the content. What gives?

adding on to @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ's reply, i think it's just that inspector hong was more familiar with the content so he was explaining/summarising it for him - it's a more efficient way of learning since he can't take the daytime to read it. doesn't mean he can't read the book himself.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Read what I quoted. Somebody said king and queen might fake their death and live secretly, so I said "closest (to that idea) thing can happen is king abdicating, so that king and queen can live peacefully."

Because that's more in character than them faking their death.

Obviously, I was not seriously saying that's what will happen in the drama.

Moon Lovers didn't scream at viewers that it's fake and not related to history. Also, Hae Soo was still a palace lady. It's hard to be influential with that situation. Face masks to prince and prince's wife who hardly had influence at that time. Compare that to face mask to grand queen dowgar who controls the king. (Who is also related to Queen protagoinst)

The princes were not even interested while grand queen dowgar is so interested that she's trying to make sure other servants learn queen protagonist's recipes and whatnot. 

Viewers see a warning every single time that it's not historical related. They know it's fantasy comedy. Queen Protagoinst, from powerful clan, is already messing with modern ideas in Joseon era. It won't be that surprising if the history changes.

Drama trends are slow, but it does catch up. There are bunch of Korean novels that change history after modern era protagoinst travels back in time. 

Kdrama won't necessarily follow every single parts of original drama.

Also, the reason for taking real historical figures is because it's more impactful and easier to write a story based on popular well-known topic. 

• Like 4

Taken from this article

On January 10, tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen” continued to charm viewers, with its ratings reaching a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the historical fantasy-comedy drama scored an average nationwide rating of 12.8 percent and a peak of 14.3 percent, setting a new personal record for the show’s highest ratings to date.

“Mr. Queen” also broke its own personal ratings record among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 7.9 percent and a peak of 8.7 percent. Additionally, the drama successfully continued its streak of taking first place in its time slot across all channels, including public broadcast networks.

Credit to Soompi

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

He isn’t even denying it! He’s just saying he can’t love the queen because it would complicate everything.

Loving Kim So Yong would mean being controlled by Kim clan, loving her would mean abandoning his cause, loving her would mean loving someone whose family murdered his, loving her would mean betraying Ji Hwan who he thinks saved him. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

But the heart wants what it wants...

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3
9 hours ago, louisawatson said:

Both king and queen faking death is quite unrealistic even for this drama. That's asking for another palace disaster. Also, the drama is very open about people knowing their faces. Closest thing it could happen is that Cheol Jong abdicates and gives his throne to his half-brother, Prince Yeong Phyeong (if his ending is a good guy). Then Cheol Jong and So Bong leave the palace and So Bong opens a restaurant.

In the real novel, they have a son so after 20 years they left the palace to their son and pursue happy life together as normal people. One ending they fake their death in order to do so, another they was killed while celebrating the queen's birthday.. 

Even in the drama they have two endings.. I personally like the one in the novel...coz they deserve that happiness...living in the palace is one thing after another, a never ending fight...they will always be greedy people... Though a bit sad for their little prince to be left alone.. 

I'm looking forward for the pregnancy thing..idk how they are going to do it in korean version.. 

Still i'm rooting for better ending for this drama.. Writer nim..i believe in u...

Edited by Noor Hasliza Zakaria
  • Like 4

I wonder if drama will say it's actually parallel universe Joseon.

So Bong talked about it with that cute palace girl. It could be foreshadowing.

Then writer gets free pass if Bong Hwan returns modern era and finds out that his Joseon didn't change. Nothing changed.

It would also explain why some of historical facts are different. 

Since it's already body swap, time travel fantasy comedy, it wouldn't be surprising if it turned out to be parallel universe Joseon.

5 hours ago, Noor Hasliza Zakaria said:

Even in the drama they have two endings

Oh, they have two endings? Interesting. I wonder kdrama will also give us two endings.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@kyakyariThanks for the BTS/making clips :happy2:

Enjoyed the posts and theories etc. for ep 10 loved it a lot.

Enjoyed this episode a lot.

King consoles himself from nightmare writing a dictionary of the Queen’s quirky vocab. The chef through the Queen sharing his lonely past to Lady Choi who he is crushing. Lady Choi so aggravated getting the energy out like the cook screaming out words to feel better.

The consort is def shows her upset at the Queen and trying to show her claws are coming out .

Aww So Bong is a cute.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

BTS of their bathtub scene! Kim Jung Hyun is cringing so much at his own flirting haha. And the actress playing Hong Yeon is embarrassed at watching her senior colleagues filming something so sexy!:loolz:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ5LKJ7pqJS/?igshid=188tioizkbgvy

gFNwiNs.jpg

W0m9iEl.jpg

Oh, is our queen splashing water on her man to make his clothes more wet and transparent? :naughty:

XQGRn00.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
16 minutes ago, kyakyari said:

ommo finally! 

this BTS is hilarious! i cant :D

im so happy with today BTS :D

Ooohhh Thank you so much @kyakyari   -- OMO, the BTS  KISS  !!   With such force :D
Am happy too. :heart:

@Ameera Ali  Could you please do the gif where both the Choi Sanggung and Royal Chef in the forest.  She was peeping through that kaleidoscope and he went on patting his bum bum  .. wait, butt or bum?  
Me loving  this pair

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Noor Hasliza Zakaria said:

In the real novel, they have a son so after 20 years they left the palace to their son and pursue happy life together as normal people. One ending they fake their death in order to do so, another they was killed while celebrating the queen's birthday.. 

Even in the drama they have two endings.. I personally like the one in the novel...coz they deserve that happiness...living in the palace is one thing after another, a never ending fight...they will always be greedy people... Though a bit sad for their little prince to be left alone.. 

I'm looking forward for the pregnancy thing..idk how they are going to do it in korean version.. 

Yeah I ever mentioned that here. Webdrama has 2 ending, but because many fans felt unsatisfied with the ending, they made the 3rd alternate ending as special video around Christmas. But I seriously prefer novel version ending.

This webdrama was aired in 2015, but I just watched this around 2018? And finished read the English translation of the novel in 2020. I saved this drama on my phone so when I need to laugh I watched that one, but I only watched the alternate ending 1, because of all 3 alternate ending of webdrama, I thought the 1st one was the best one... 

Yeah, I'm also looking forward the pregnancy. But for this time, we need more feeling from both of them please... Even though maybe after they did that, they had their denial stage first.

Spoiler

As I remember in webdrama, when emperor and empress had sex for the 2nd times, even though in beginning seemed like a rape, but then deep down in her heart The Empress loved it & later her hormone became uncontrollable because she really need more The Emperor's touch, then The Empress did alot flirting. 

For the Emperor, I forgot the reason, but after that he made a space with The Empress. Oh yah, as I remember he felt guilty towards The Empress.

Oh yah, when the queen left the king near the lake, the king said "That's my Queen"... I'm so happy that statement from The King, even though he not declare it, but actually he already considered the Queen as his ally, his partner. And he's so proud of his own Queen....

Later... Another king's lines from episode 10. After he left the Concubine and before the Grand Queen Dowager came, he just sit and said "The person who makes me happy and sad..." I thought he already considered again who the person now. 

But about happy and sad, I also remember again what the king said to Byun In about the queen "That person isn't your cousin anymore, the person who took care about her happiness and sadness, as well as her safety is me."

Spoiler

But... But... I have big feeling that next week the one who get hurts will be the concubine. As I remember if we follow the storyline, this time will be a competition between The King and Byung In, also The Queen and Concubine, and in front of many people The Concubine made The Queen looked like a jealous mad woman who hurt the Concubine.

• Like 9
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후