Quantcast

Please don't keep talking seemed like BL or like two guys kissing each other's. Just enjoy the show and not overthinking please.... Overthinking only steal your happiness during watch this drama...

Spoiler

About the well's memories, that actually not only secret between The Queen and Concubine. Because the concubine came after the king went out the well, she didn't know that Byun In also knew that secret.

The queen has warned her to be honest and told the king the real story (because the queen didn't want to reveal that to the king).

And dunno why I had feeling that the one who told the king that the one who saved him was Byun In and the queen. I dunno how but maybe when Byun In and The King would argument later, and he realized that the boy that they saved was the king, Byun In could mentioned why The King did bad things to the Queen who always helped the king again and again, even since they're kids

• Like 8
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

Spoiler for ep 10!

Our Mr Queen saved her king. She's so strong.

Maybe because right now she is So Bong so she has extra energy? LOOL

credit to the owner

Despite knowing martial art, our king character is quite delicate. 

And our Mr Queen is fierce and has "no filter" type of mouth LOL

So in this drama, a delicate king and a fierce queen:lol:

credit to the owner

Ah, this is so:bawling:

credit to the owner

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Jan 10, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen” continues to dominate its time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 9 episode of the historical fantasy-comedy drama scored an average nationwide rating of 12.1 percent and a peak of 13.9 percent. “Mr. Queen” took first place in its time slot across all channels, even including public broadcast networks—an impressive feat for a cable drama.

Viewership ratings for “Mr. Queen” also reached a new all-time high among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 7.5 percent and a peak of 8.5 percent for its latest episode. (In addition to breaking its own personal viewership record, the drama took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among this target demographic as well.)

Beautiful

ErQbv5-VEAEiSeT?format=jpg&name=large

ErQbv5_UYAAcMHC?format=jpg&name=large

ErQbzrMVoAAf14z?format=jpg&name=large

Credit to the owner

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

I don't think about whether it is Bong Hwan or So Yong who is kissing the king. It's So Bong!

Pretty much Shin Hye Sun kissing Kim Jung Hyun. Hahaha.

If it suits one to think it is Bong Hwan,  go ahead.

If you think it is So Yong, it's ok.

There is no right or wrong answer here.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

sorry for late reply, thank you @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ since I join Soompi Forum i still can't put post from twitter like that XD, i think i should practice it in other thread

btw, for episode 9, couldn't agree more!!!! this is the most steamy-fluttering-tempting kiss I've ever watched, considering they haven't shown much interest in each other yet openly. i never thought that we could get this passionate make out this earlier.

13 hours ago, aisling said:

Holy S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!! This must be the hottest make out I’ve ever watched in a k-drama 

apparently, So Yong who i guess has adopted Bong Hwan's trait, wild, is more skilled than Cheoljong. Cheoljong you are the one who constantly read that 18+ book why on earth you could be overcome by So Yong?

Spoiler

i saw her tongue trying to reach her king, sorry for unusual word :rolleyes:

Edited by kyakyari
mistakenly press enter
  • Like 7
28 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I don't think about whether it is Bong Hwan or So Yong who is kissing the king. It's So Bong!

Me too.. I just think of them as The Queen and The King... that is enough for me. :fullofhearts:

• Like 7
  • Blob 1
33 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Yeah that’s true, for me I didn’t think too much for the soul who is who, like I’m gonna enjoy how Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun display and potray their undeniable chemistry as Queen Cheorin and King Cheoljong. 

I’ll just enjoy the rollercoaster till the end, that how I’m enjoying a drama hahaha

OH YEAH!

crazy ex girlfriend love GIF

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
11 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Our queen is on her period ya'll! Can someone tell me what kind of "pad" they used those days?

In Joseon dynasty, they use "gaejim"  (cloth sanitary pads) and  "darisokgot" (traditional underwear)

20180823171301_w_.jpg

This is gaejim 

20180821104833_w_.jpg

This one is darisokgot

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, rose_1108 said:

Yeah that’s true, for me I didn’t think too much for the soul who is who, like I’m gonna enjoy how Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun display and potray their undeniable chemistry as Queen Cheorin and King Cheoljong. 

I’ll just enjoy the rollercoaster till the end, that how I’m enjoying a drama hahaha

OH YEAH!

Exactly.

Me too, I don't care if it's Bong Hwa or So Yong, I just love this magnetic chemistry SHS and KJH show us in Mr. Queen. 

As long as the story not dragging [which i think it won't], I'll just enjoy the show!

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

Please don't keep talking seemed like BL or like two guys kissing each other's. Just enjoy the show and not overthinking please.... Overthinking only steal your happiness during watch this drama...

Hide contents

About the well's memories, that actually not only secret between The Queen and Concubine. Because the concubine came after the king went out the well, she didn't know that Byun In also knew that secret.

The queen has warned her to be honest and told the king the real story (because the queen didn't want to reveal that to the king).

And dunno why I had feeling that the one who told the king that the one who saved him was Byun In and the queen. I dunno how but maybe when Byun In and The King would argument later, and he realized that the boy that they saved was the king, Byun In could mentioned why The King did bad things to the Queen who always helped the king again and again, even since they're kids

I also think the same, I think it can be Byung In who will reveal the truth to The King about who saved the King from the well when he was a child then.

And also I have this thought about the probability of Byung in and The King will eventually become ally or frenemies , because both of them want to protect the Queen from the people in the palace who have hidden agenda to dethrone or harm her.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

The father and the cousin really just stood there and enjoyed the show for a good 10 seconds lol. Can’t blame them ,though, I couldn’t look away either. I almost felt bad for the cousin. Almost. I’m still confused about who kissed the king back. Bong Hwan immediately blames So Yong, but I don’t know man, to me it looked like Bong Hwan was in control. I smell denial. Also, it has to be kept in mind that the Queen is having an identity crisis so it’s easier and convenient to pass off these “feelings” as So Yong’s. Either way, I look forward to the day Bong Hwan acknowledges his feelings.

*I know I’ve said this before ,but I feel the need to restate it...... Kim Jung Hyun is beautiful.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1
7 minutes ago, Maliah said:

The father and the cousin really just stood there and enjoyed the show for a good 10 seconds lol. Can’t blame them ,though, I couldn’t look away either. I almost felt bad for the cousin. Almost. I’m still confused about who kissed the king back. Bong Hwan immediately blames So Yong, but I don’t know man, to me it looked like Bong Hwan was in control. I smell denial. Also, it has to be kept in mind that the Queen is having an identity crisis so it’s easier and convenient to pass off these “feelings” as So Yong’s. Either way, I look forward to the day Bong Hwan acknowledges his feelings.

*I know I’ve said this before ,but I feel the need to restate it...... Kim Jung Hyun is beautiful.

I have let the whole thing slide into background for now, who is in control and who isn't? Whoever it was, actively participated in it. I just keep thinking, actors are something, they looked full into each other and they were surrounded by atleast 20-30 people, imagine the dedication to craft here.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

please excuse this random fan rambling on a weekend..

firstly i really thank the mr queen team for the fan service of the extended kissing session in the opening scene :Megathanks: very very well executed. the plot, the angle, the acting.. (am still hopeful for KJH and SHS to be a real life couple after this because i think some real attraction must exist at some level for them to kiss like that.. i don't think i've ever seen that side of SHS but i'm all ears if someone has, i mean, from her dramas..) really can't have enough of the king and queen romance!!! the king and the queen has gone far from no touching to antifan now..

haha.. to be honest i'm quite entertained by the subtle LBGT flavor in the show.. i mean, the original soyong is a noblewoman in the joseon era would probably be more coy and passive when making out but bonghwan is a guy and part of the reason why the kiss just went off the roof is because we kind of see the king and sobong sort of "compete" to take the lead when kissing (sorry i can't describe in a better way) we see how sobong pin the king to the wall once s(he) gets into it and then the king flips her over to take control again cos well, he's the king.. i would even go as far as to argue that bonghwan is the better kisser (ok this is subjective) given that his character is a seasoned womanizer.. and there're so many things mixed in there. the rebel king who needs to guard his heart for the greater good (since this woman is from the kim clan. even if he doesn't mind it, his faction prolly would), the king as a man who hasn't quite sort out his feelings for the queen, the king's desires, soyong's feelings for the king, soyong's innocent desires and bonghwan's prowess, bonghwan's heterosexual soul.. all this giving rise to an element of forbiddence juxtapose with what we see on surface that they're the royal couple .. can't believe i'm dissecting their kiss now. and i love the "bromance" between them.. their tactical and realist mindset are matched evenly. it's the only reason the king becomes comfortable to approach sobong in the first place. we saw earlier that the king did point out to soyong to not complicate things before she jumps into the lake and transformed. sobong as bonghwan has no illusions about the king's affectionate gesture and understood that it's all political and plays along when it's in his/her favor. given the innocence of soyong, such acts would have broken her heart (which have led her to jump into the lake in the first place). and also, because of sobong's uncouth masculine behaviour, the king finds it easier to share part of his real self instead of sticking to the usual palace decorum. granted that both bonghwan and the king are no angels, they do operate by largely the same ethical guidelines..

on a side note, i also find the king so charming in the sense that he doesn't go all the way with sobong in the heat of the moment respecting that s(he) doesn't seem to want it. but of course, he needs to go do his mission and doesn't have the time for all that.. but i think what made me all fangirly about it is the potential. he could have stopped once they were out of sight but it feels possible at some point that the king would act out of his desire and went all the way if sobong didn't put a stop to it.

i think the currrent episode is calm before the storm.. don't know if i can stomach the part when the bad guys are winning.. actually we haven't seen any intimate scenes between the king and hwajin but it's probably bound to happen sooner or later but perhaps it's only during this time that he will come to his senses that he didn't feel the same when he kisses the fake soyong vs the real soyong. at this point it still seemed to me that his mind is still registered that hwajin is the woman he loves. in this respect the plot is similar to the little mermaid where the prince fall for the princess whom he sees when he first open his eye after being saved when his actual lifesaver was the little mermaid (hoping that the ending will be different from the original Hans Christian Andersen version). byeongin will be important - whether he can heed the hero in him to vouch for the truth. i just don't see the king changing his mind only by sobong's testimony of what really happen on that night of their childhood as it happens right now the trust he has in hwajin will be greater in spite of all that has happened in the span of few days. at this point i still believe byeongin will shine through because he did help little soyong to rescue cheoljong and maybe by a little stretch of the imagination will be a indispensable court subject if cheoljong is successful in his coup. that would be so nice.

at this point, for me, a merged sobong and an alternate universe ending would make for a more fitting ending rather than the oh my ghost type ending where soyong gets the king and bonghwan return to his life but of course, i'm not the writer.. at the end of the day, i do prefer to remember mr queen as a hybrid body swap/parallel universe type show rather than a typical body swap show.

once again, really kudos to the excellent acting and chemistry of SHS and KJH to bring joy in the midst of the pandemic and uncertainties..

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I have let the whole thing slide into background for now, who is in control and who isn't? Whoever it was, actively participated in it. I just keep thinking, actors are something, they looked full into each other and they were surrounded by atleast 20-30 people, imagine the dedication to craft here.

I find it fun to speculate lol, but it’s true that they share amazing chemistry regardless of who it was. I agree about the acting. That’s some serious dedication right there. Sometimes, especially in romantic scenes, I feel like I’m intruding on something private. The fact that they’re not self-conscious ,or at least seem like it, in a room full of people is commendable. Also it’s beyond me how actors don’t catch feelings; I couldn’t do that. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Childhood Truth

Cheoljong will finds out who helped him by seeing the name of the yellow book currently in Hwajin's possession or reading the bad deeds of the Kim Clan from So Young's father secret book. Part of me have a feeling So Bong will spill it out to Cheoljong. 

So Yong / So Bong

I think it's So Bong. She wants to control the kiss. But I don't really care who it is So Yong's emotion at the moment or drunk So Bong. Kdrama has holes so I don't want to go too deep. imo don't focus too much if the feeling Mr. Queen has for Cheoljong is So Yong or So Bong, it can ruin the drama for you. At the end of the day, it is Shin Hyesun acting as Mr. Queen. 

I knew it. Cheoljong is a gentlemen even though he's kinda two face. He starts to fall for So Bong, it isn't to the point of wanting to have a sexy time with his queen. 

• Like 4

New stills.

No idea what's going on but I like that the color of their costumes kind of matching again aww

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Yes, their relationship development is so:wub:

credit to the owner

• Like 9

This was so fun! I loved the kiss scene. Idk who it was, because I don't think a noble maiden could be so aggressive but it wasn't Bong Hwan either. I agree with people who say that it's just Song Bong, there is no reason to think about more.
Also the King was so into the kiss. Their chemistry is amazing, i especially loved their market scenes, they seem like a married couple already.

The cousin's thirst. I thought he would be angry and mad after witnessing all this and hearing the noises, but he was like "I want to be him even more". This series has so many sexual innuendos hidden with humor. 

• Like 2

Kim Jung Hyun Begins To Show His Feelings For Shin Hye Sun In “Mr. Queen”

c4eee30ac5c24d319c62705fc01e2182.jpeg?s=

Jan 10, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fusion drama about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.

Spoilers

After a sudden kiss with Kim So Yong that put his identity at risk of being discovered, King Cheoljong set out to find the secret ledger. Although he knew it was hidden in the well, he had missed his opportunity to retrieve it after the sun began to rise and used this as an excuse to remain at his family’s house for one more day. After nightfall, Cheoljong went to the well again, only to discover that the ledger had already disappeared.

In the new stills, Cheoljong appears downcast, presumably worried about the missing ledger. However, after Kim So Yong approaches him with uncharacteristic elegance and grace, he looks on in astonishment.

Kim-Jung-Hyun.jpeg

Kim-Jung-Hyun-Shin-Hye-Sun-1.jpeg

Cheoljong takes Kim So Yong’s hands as he breaks into a smile, seemingly forgetting all of his troubles as he looks into her eyes. However, his enthusiasm is short-lived. Kim So Yong’s original stubbornness returns after he whispers something into her ear and she draws back to point an accusing finger at him.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1447936wpp/kim-jung-hyun-begins-to-show-his-feelings-for-shin-hye-sun-in-mr-queen

• Like 7
  • Love 1

What?? Why does the Grand Queen Dowager want to pick another concubine??? I doubt Cheoljong wants to look at another woman right now, he’s gravitating towards So Bong and doesn’t see anybody else.

Their market date in episode 9 was really so cute. The way she defended him and got  mad at people who badmouthed him and his family. The look on his face when she sad she got mad on his behalf... Kim Jung Hyun made it clear how he felt with such a subtle expression.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, abc said:

This was so fun! I loved the kiss scene. Idk who it was, because I don't think a noble maiden could be so aggressive but it wasn't Bong Hwan either. I agree with people who say that it's just Song Bong, there is no reason to think about more.
Also the King was so into the kiss. Their chemistry is amazing, i especially loved their market scenes, they seem like a married couple already.

The cousin's thirst. I thought he would be angry and mad after witnessing all this and hearing the noises, but he was like "I want to be him even more". This series has so many sexual innuendos hidden with humor. 

Byun In want to be like the king even more, I got that vibe when he's drunk. He thought if he's stubborn, the queen was his, and he's hers, and the man who the queen kissed should be him...

Same like that concubine, even though she didn't see that kiss, with king made decision to stay beside the queen, she already want to be like So Young even more...

• Like 2
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후