• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

The new OST is soo sweet. Totally match with my feeling for episode 9 today.

And I really love the bts pic on the video aww 

:issohappy:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Although Cheol Jong was more sobered than So Bong, if Bong Hwan's part of So Bong didn't take control So Yong's body, Cheol Jong will go all out and forget about his mission that night LOOL

And he dare claimed that he didn't see her as woman pfft

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Our royal couple:please:

Kim Jung Hyun & Shin Hye Sun chemistry together are really great!

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 10

READ AFTER WATCHING EP9

After watching the flashback, I believe HwaJin's motivation is not solely king's love.

HwaJin is actually the one who is obsessive with Kim So Yong. 

Not really Kim So Yong, but what she has. The power, money, and respect. Then it extended to So Yong's love, the king (who is another form of power).

HwaJin's family is not rich (her house in the ep1 and what king said about her father might not have power, but is respected).

Her childhood flashback seems to tell that she often purposely wore similarly like So Yong and spent time around her and her place. 

HwaJin's kindhearted nature seemed to be a facade that came out of this obsession about what Kim So Yong has. But more importantly, it's a facade for the king. The only possession that HwaJin has of So Yong's. The king's image of HwaJin who saved him.

From what Prince Yeong Phyeong said, I can tell that HwaJin and king actually didn't spend much time together. That flashback seems to be basically it. No wonder king kind of lost interest in her the moment he began to have interest in the queen. 

HwaJin's facade breaks as her only possession, king, seems to be slip out from her hands. It's more frustrating and desperate because king's interest is in "Kim So Yong."

I believe at the back of HwaJin's mind, she has this complex that she can be and she is better than Kim So Yong, but since she never could prove it, she probably has inferiority superiority complex.

Her real self shows up when she's looking at herself in the mirror with queen's accessory. She doesn't think about king. she enjoys wearing the symbol of power, especially since the current queen is "King So Yong."

I actually was baffled that Prince Yeong Phyeong didn't say a thing about the queen's accessory. But then again, he had low education and especially not learned about queen's accessory, so I will give him a pass.

But oh my god, HwaJin is bold. She better stay inside all the time if she's wearing THAT and hope that grand queen dowager doesn't visit her. Because you're dead if you're founded out. King can't rescue you from THAT.

Also, the current King has interest in So Bong, not So Yong. If drama makes the end game as So Yong and King after finding out about the flashback, the King's "love" for So Yong will be as shallow as the current King's "love" for HwaJin. The moment someone else becomes his interest, King will often forget about So Yong, just like he's currently doing with HwaJin.

Anyway, I'm waiting for king to find out that masked man is not Kim Byeong In's doing. And masked man looks very like Kim Byeong In. I wonder they are supposed to be related in the drama. It could be just coincidence. 

I really do hope the drama does end with Kim Byeong In as a good guy, which i think he will since he's the only capable guy to lead the Kim clan. The queen definitely needs her clan to keep the position.

AND WE CANNOT FORGET THE KISS! King was surprised when So Bong kissed him back, but quickly got into the kissing. Then he totally forgot about the mission and continued to kiss until So Bong stopped. The king looked so dazed and confused when So Bong stopped kissing. :lol: But he seems to have remembered his mission when So Bong started to act weird and drunk. I bet he doesn't talk about the kiss because So Bong expressed how much she regretted it after the kiss. That's why king said "forget about bad dream" after he knocked her out.

But I do hope we get a scene where king thinks about the kissing and how much he enjoyed it, therefore realizing his interest in So Bong.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

I guess we should just watch with popcorn for Hwa Jin’s downfall , she’s not even brave , just stupid and brazen at this point . Literally an arc of you can reach the highest place and fall down to the lowest pit. Her greed is going to destroy her, I agree with @louisawatson, her hatred and resentment for the queen makes so much more sense. It’s not just jealousy , but I think, she hates what So Young has. If roles were switched, So Young would be much classier and respectful. I don’t think she’s poor, but she’s definitely from a noble family , same as Queen Dowager but one without power.  Like the Soompi article said, we could’ve rooted for her if it was at least done in revenge for her maid , but I don’t think she knows what has happened to her maid. 

• Like 4

The opening of episode 9 was so intense! I WAS SHOCKED AND CAN’T BELIEVE IT WITH MY OWN EYES, their chemistry is just WOW! That kiss is for real a really deep one:smooches2:

Oh by the way, look at who’s  trending on NAVER!

3. 철인왕후 신혜선 김정현 (Shin Hye Sun Kim Jung Hyun)

spacer.png

They still trending until now!:hwaiting:

Edited by rose_1108
  • Like 6

Nobody seems to notice the last scene with Hwa jin? 

Spoiler

She's basically holding the 'confidential' book that CJ's been looking for. How and when did she get it???? I can't wait to tomorrow episode. She seems to hide more than she let on. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Our queen is on her period ya'll! Can someone tell me what kind of "pad" they used those days?

RickRoll'D? Hwa Jin and Queen were childhood friends too..200.gif

37 minutes ago, G L said:

Nobody seems to notice the last scene with Hwa jin? 

Hide contents

She's basically holding the 'confidential' book that CJ's been looking for. How and when did she get it???? I can't wait to tomorrow episode. She seems to hide more than she let on. 

She sure has been sneaky since childhood. She really falls into that evil second lead trope Lmao. Iv'e noticed this kdramas, the second female lead always shares the lead's worst qualities, like being secretive and sneaky etc.. and thus brings out the worst of the lead. While the first lead always challenges him and brings out the "best"in him. Hwa Jin definitely is similar to the king, but in his "worst" qualities. As long as she is around, he will never become a proper King, he will be stealthy and sneaking around.

• Like 5

Please don't keep talking seemed like BL or like two guys kissing each other's. Just enjoy the show and not overthinking please.... Overthinking only steal your happiness during watch this drama...

Spoiler

About the well's memories, that actually not only secret between The Queen and Concubine. Because the concubine came after the king went out the well, she didn't know that Byun In also knew that secret.

The queen has warned her to be honest and told the king the real story (because the queen didn't want to reveal that to the king).

And dunno why I had feeling that the one who told the king that the one who saved him was Byun In and the queen. I dunno how but maybe when Byun In and The King would argument later, and he realized that the boy that they saved was the king, Byun In could mentioned why The King did bad things to the Queen who always helped the king again and again, even since they're kids

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

Spoiler for ep 10!

Our Mr Queen saved her king. She's so strong.

Maybe because right now she is So Bong so she has extra energy? LOOL

credit to the owner

Despite knowing martial art, our king character is quite delicate. 

And our Mr Queen is fierce and has "no filter" type of mouth LOL

So in this drama, a delicate king and a fierce queen:lol:

credit to the owner

Ah, this is so:bawling:

credit to the owner

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Jan 10, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen” continues to dominate its time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 9 episode of the historical fantasy-comedy drama scored an average nationwide rating of 12.1 percent and a peak of 13.9 percent. “Mr. Queen” took first place in its time slot across all channels, even including public broadcast networks—an impressive feat for a cable drama.

Viewership ratings for “Mr. Queen” also reached a new all-time high among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 7.5 percent and a peak of 8.5 percent for its latest episode. (In addition to breaking its own personal viewership record, the drama took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among this target demographic as well.)

Beautiful

ErQbv5-VEAEiSeT?format=jpg&name=large

ErQbv5_UYAAcMHC?format=jpg&name=large

ErQbzrMVoAAf14z?format=jpg&name=large

Credit to the owner

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

I don't think about whether it is Bong Hwan or So Yong who is kissing the king. It's So Bong!

Pretty much Shin Hye Sun kissing Kim Jung Hyun. Hahaha.

If it suits one to think it is Bong Hwan,  go ahead.

If you think it is So Yong, it's ok.

There is no right or wrong answer here.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

sorry for late reply, thank you @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ since I join Soompi Forum i still can't put post from twitter like that XD, i think i should practice it in other thread

btw, for episode 9, couldn't agree more!!!! this is the most steamy-fluttering-tempting kiss I've ever watched, considering they haven't shown much interest in each other yet openly. i never thought that we could get this passionate make out this earlier.

13 hours ago, aisling said:

Holy S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!! This must be the hottest make out I’ve ever watched in a k-drama 

apparently, So Yong who i guess has adopted Bong Hwan's trait, wild, is more skilled than Cheoljong. Cheoljong you are the one who constantly read that 18+ book why on earth you could be overcome by So Yong?

Spoiler

i saw her tongue trying to reach her king, sorry for unusual word :rolleyes:

Edited by kyakyari
mistakenly press enter
  • Like 7
28 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I don't think about whether it is Bong Hwan or So Yong who is kissing the king. It's So Bong!

Me too.. I just think of them as The Queen and The King... that is enough for me. :fullofhearts:

• Like 7
  • Blob 1
33 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Yeah that’s true, for me I didn’t think too much for the soul who is who, like I’m gonna enjoy how Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun display and potray their undeniable chemistry as Queen Cheorin and King Cheoljong. 

I’ll just enjoy the rollercoaster till the end, that how I’m enjoying a drama hahaha

OH YEAH!

crazy ex girlfriend love GIF

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
11 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Our queen is on her period ya'll! Can someone tell me what kind of "pad" they used those days?

In Joseon dynasty, they use "gaejim"  (cloth sanitary pads) and  "darisokgot" (traditional underwear)

20180823171301_w_.jpg

This is gaejim 

20180821104833_w_.jpg

This one is darisokgot

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, rose_1108 said:

Yeah that’s true, for me I didn’t think too much for the soul who is who, like I’m gonna enjoy how Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun display and potray their undeniable chemistry as Queen Cheorin and King Cheoljong. 

I’ll just enjoy the rollercoaster till the end, that how I’m enjoying a drama hahaha

OH YEAH!

Exactly.

Me too, I don't care if it's Bong Hwa or So Yong, I just love this magnetic chemistry SHS and KJH show us in Mr. Queen. 

As long as the story not dragging [which i think it won't], I'll just enjoy the show!

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

Please don't keep talking seemed like BL or like two guys kissing each other's. Just enjoy the show and not overthinking please.... Overthinking only steal your happiness during watch this drama...

Hide contents

About the well's memories, that actually not only secret between The Queen and Concubine. Because the concubine came after the king went out the well, she didn't know that Byun In also knew that secret.

The queen has warned her to be honest and told the king the real story (because the queen didn't want to reveal that to the king).

And dunno why I had feeling that the one who told the king that the one who saved him was Byun In and the queen. I dunno how but maybe when Byun In and The King would argument later, and he realized that the boy that they saved was the king, Byun In could mentioned why The King did bad things to the Queen who always helped the king again and again, even since they're kids

I also think the same, I think it can be Byung In who will reveal the truth to The King about who saved the King from the well when he was a child then.

And also I have this thought about the probability of Byung in and The King will eventually become ally or frenemies , because both of them want to protect the Queen from the people in the palace who have hidden agenda to dethrone or harm her.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후