Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This fanart is so beautiful

Spoiler

credit to the owner

 

Did everyone forgot about his censored book lesson?

credit to the owner

 

Look at how diligent he studied them before.

credit to the owner

 

Btw, I'm sure this is the motto Cheoljong applied when he's kissing So Bong in front of Byung In

how to lose a guy in 10 days GIF

 

credit to the owner

 

As So Bong mentioned to Cheoljong in episode 8 "You're a politician after all":smirk:

And this make me fascinated with our king character even more now.

 

 

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

On 1/3/2021 at 11:33 PM, rachel-moore said:

But as per wikipedia it is mentioned that the late king ( heonjong) was queen dowager's son  . I am confused

Yes you're right. Heonjong (the late king) was queen dowager's son. The queen dowager married Yi Yeong (Crown Prince Hyomyeong), great queen dowager's son and he didn't become a king. So after King Sunjo (great queen dowager husband), Heonjong was the next king, not Yi Yeong.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bong Hwan is slowlly leaving  from So Yong, or So Yong is finally overtaking her body.

The times where her expression changed when watching "her"King or at the last scene when tried to save him. That is why i think that the queen is returning. Her spirit is becoming stronger with the help of Bong Hwan. He is making her stronger.

Either this or the reincarnation theory. 

 

I know everyone is talking about the kiss, but  for me something else made my heart flatter.

-When the king said to the queen "dont be my enemy, i dont ask you to be my ally, but please dont become my enemy"

I found that quite sweet of him becouse he does not want to behead her. Obviously is feeling something.

 

-second, when the king brought her the flowers and we saw that flashback, i did not see only So Yong feeling something, the king's eyes were different as well. They were softer. Maybe something hapoened afterwards(Perhaps he got his nemory back after that)

 

Also at that scene we heard her heart flatter But i think it was not only her heart but his heart as well.

It was not onesided. 

 

 

-third, he unintentionally became distant/formal with the concubine.

He did not realise that his cocern is the queen now.

 

Fourth, how he save her from that guy who came for her maid, without hesitate for a second to act this way. And how really concerned he asked her if she is ok.

 

I think he started having feelings for So yong the very first time he met her , they are connected from a past anywise .(without him knowing of course or her).  But he is keeping his distance from her becouse of her clan.

 

 

  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Annie12 said:

I think Bong Hwan is slowlly leaving  from So Yong, or So Yong is finally overtaking her body.

The times where her expression changed when watching "her"King or at the last scene when tried to save him. That is why i think that the queen is returning. Her spirit is becoming stronger with the help of Bong Hwan. He is making her stronger.

Either this or the reincarnation theory. 

 

I know everyone is talking about the kiss, but  for me something else made my heart flatter.

-When the king said to the queen "dont be my enemy, i dont ask you to be my ally, but please dont become my enemy"

I found that quite sweet of him becouse he does not want to behead her. Obviously is feeling something.

 

-second, when the king brought her the flowers and we saw that flashback, i did not see only So Yong feeling something, the king's eyes were different as well. They were softer. Maybe something hapoened afterwards(Perhaps he got his nemory back after that)

 

Also at that scene we heard her heart flatter But i think it was not only her heart but his heart as well.

It was not onesided. 

 

 

-third, he unintentionally became distant/formal with the concubine.

He did not realise that his cocern is the queen now.

 

Fourth, how he save her from that guy who came for her maid, without hesitate for a second to act this way. And how really concerned he asked her if she is ok.

 

I think he started having feelings for So yong the very first time he met her , they are connected from a past anywise .(without him knowing of course or her).  But he is keeping his distance from her becouse of her clan.

 

 

I think the reincarnation theory holds more credence considering when Chef swapped back to his own body, nothing of the old Queen’s soul was mentioned or seen (even the old priestess didn’t say anything about two spirits inside the Queen’s body). Right now what the Chef is experiencing is the emotional information left by the old Queen. It’d been the same if the story was a standard amnesia story, all that emotional information would’ve resurfaced regardless despite the lack of full memory recall 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tazmin said:

I think the reincarnation theory holds more credence considering when Chef swapped back to his own body, nothing of the old Queen’s soul was mentioned or seen (even the old priestess didn’t say anything about two spirits inside the Queen’s body). Right now what the Chef is experiencing is the emotional information left by the old Queen. It’d been the same if the story was a standard amnesia story, all that emotional information would’ve resurfaced regardless despite the lack of full memory recall 

 Perhaps the queen is also in a vegetative stage? When the chef swapped back to his own boddy the Joseon doctor said that the queen is in vegetative stage. Maybe that's why we dont "see" the queen.

Her blood circulation and qi energy had gathered to the top of her body  so her spirit has left the body.

 

In order for her to start breathing again is for the qi energy to return. And they did that by giving her medical herbs and doing acupuncure.

 

So maybe her energy is gratually returning....

 

Anw i am enjoying  trying to understand  when and how!!!

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't originally ship the king and queen, but now that Bong-hwan and the queen's memories/thoughts are kind of "melding" together (however it may be,) and he's seeing the king in a new light, I totally want them to be together. I was already enjoying the dynamic of their wariness around each other slowly turning to hesitant trust, and now even moreso as the king asks her not to be his enemy and she attempts to come to his rescue. That kiss was super hot, though I assume he did it to hide the actual reason he was outside her room (though I do think he's having real feelings for her now also.) Given how conservative k-dramas tend to be, I don't know if they'll take the relationship route given that it's technically a man's consciousness, but I hope they do and gender just becomes irrelevant. 

 

Anyway, I've been enjoying the drama's humor so far but now I'm really liking the plot progression into darker secrets and past events. I really felt for the king as he had what appeared to be a panic attack at the sight of the well. I'm really curious what the deal is with the well. Kim Jung-hyun's acting is impressive, this is the third drama of his I've seen and each role has felt completely different. (Also, can I just say his body is absolutely bangin...!) 

 

(Oh, and one last thing, that location where the king and queen were eating overlooking the lush landscape was gorgeous! One of the best I've ever seen in a sageuk, I wonder where that is in real life.) 

  • Like 4
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching episode 8 I am almost sure that it's still Bong Hwan in So Yong's body. He said himself that her soul didn't come back. However, somehow he has her memories and experiences her feelings. He is as confused as we are I guess XD But it's still Bong Hwan, affected by So Yong's memories and feelings though. It looks like he got over the fact that he has to stay in Joseon. Anyway, I died when So Bong was like "How dare he try to hurt my poor king?" and came to Cheoljong's rescue and hold this vase aka chamber pot XD What a shame that So Bong mishit haha For now So Bong clearly pities the King. And his pity is genuine. He started to see Cheoljong in a new light. Did you guys see when he looked at him after Cheoljong said "I guess my fate is to be surrounded by those watching me"? He was confused, sad and worried at the same time. As for their night together. I guess that So Bong passed out due to shock and large amount of alcohol and Cheoljong just lied next to him cause he didn't want other people to know that he was up to something and that there was a fight. He will probably say that they broke the vase in the heat of the moment or something  XD Their night together is just a cover. And a reason to tease poor So Bong haha That's all in my opinion. Nowadays there is so much discussion in media about consent that I don't think they would put something like this in drama. I can't wait to see their outing and So Bong yelling that he is member of the King's fan club haha Important lesson for Joseon people, don't mess with the fandom XD

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

BTS for episode 7&8! Sadly we did see the actual kiss <_< But they do look like they’re having fun on set.

 


Kim Jung Hyun looks so handsome and mischievous when he smiles like this. 
 

SkAeuUN.gif

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m actually very fond of “true love transcends time” trope. That’s why I would find it extremely romantic if BH and SY were revealed as the same soul.


No matter the gender they were born with and no matter the time... they would still fall in love with Cheoljong because that’s what love is. The same goes with Cheoljong. If the circumstances were different (the concubine wouldn’t fake her role in saving him, their families wouldn’t cut each other’s throats, etc.) he WOULD love So Yong. But the circumstances were too difficult for her to cope with. 

 

Right.

The "love transcends time" and "they still fall in love with each other even in the different lifetimes" trope are so romantic to me too:fullofhearts:

 

And since the young So Yong is the one that actually saved the young Cheol Jong then they have childhood connection too but because of circumstances their relationship become bad.

 

Heartbreaking plead before the past So Yong jump in the lake:tears::tears::tears:

So Yong: "You should love me".

Cheol Jong: "Is that an order?"

credit to the owner

 

But now we know how Cheol Jong's heart is.

Spoiler

credit to the owner

 

6 hours ago, Annie12 said:

I think Bong Hwan is slowlly leaving  from So Yong, or So Yong is finally overtaking her body.

The times where her expression changed when watching "her"King or at the last scene when tried to save him. That is why i think that the queen is returning. Her spirit is becoming stronger with the help of Bong Hwan. He is making her stronger.

Either this or the reincarnation theory. 

 

I know everyone is talking about the kiss, but  for me something else made my heart flatter.

-When the king said to the queen "dont be my enemy, i dont ask you to be my ally, but please dont become my enemy"

I found that quite sweet of him becouse he does not want to behead her. Obviously is feeling something.

 

Yes, it is so sweet when he said that.

credit to the owner

 

After falling for her king, one of the way of So Bong helping him is by recruiting others member into the king's fan club.

credit to the owner

 

Text preview:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see there is a discussion about whether The King will do the deed without consent of the drunk Queen because The King is supposedly a gentleman. IMHO, given a chance The King won't hesitates to do it because The Queen is his lawful wife and the setting is an ancient time that never heard of the word "consent" between husband and wife. But whether The Kind really did it on THAT particular time, I am split into 50:50 not because of "consent" but because The King has another mission in his mind.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, annaR said:

idk about the other but for me this episode is kind of... lacking in steadiness(?). there are several scenes that (i think) aren't really important to the storyline. one of them is that kim hwan(?). i hope their triangle story can be a factor related to the main story of this drama, not just as a sweetener (which is kind of funny because i think kim hwan likes hongyoung and hongyoung likes that bodyguard and the bodyguard likes kim hwan (he got all jealousy when hwan brings a friend HAHAHAHAHAHA))

Yeah, that came out of nowhere. And why in heaven's name rush the king when you just want to talk to the queen's maid? Maybe the writers have to launch a few more ships before they start, ah, reducing the cast...

 

14 hours ago, annaR said:

 

but you're right. every characters in this drama aren't exactly black or white. they have their intention, anger, revenge, past, guilty, good, bad and all of it create a great disaster to the main lead (maybe except queen dowager and that brother of hers). 

Bong Hwan definitely has some issues to work on. When we first meet him, he's at the top of his game. He’s willing to work hard to get what he wants, but you get the feeling most things in life have come easy for him. He relies on his charm to get by, only breaking a sweat when absolutely necessary.  

 

He’s also as self-centered as he is charming. He’s willing to sacrifice others to realize his ambitions. Early on, he told Hong Yeon he’d willingly sacrifice her to get home. He made light of it, but he wasn’t really kidding. And he didn’t particularly care what might happen to Kim So Yong and her court as a result of his actions once he jumped into the lake and back into the future. 

 

Shin Hye Sun (and Choi Jin Hyuk in the Act 1 voice overs) do a fantastic job winning us over to their character. But as charismatic and amusing as Sobong is, she is not a loyal or reliable person. Her growth will mean learning some lessons about loving and giving. Looks like she’s started that journey.
 

Queen Dowager Jo might be going in an interesting direction beyond the usual palace intrigues. She now KNOWS Kim So Yong's body is hosting another spirit. What is she going to do with this knowledge? She give Cut-Face an errand that we are not privy to. I have a feeling she is going to strike from an unexpected angle.

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our royal couple. They must be soulmates because they are so in sync. Remember that one time when both of them almost s**t their pants?


Our graceful queen:

3N90GgU.gif

 

Spoiler

 Zlr5IDZ.gif
 

MlaOlqR.gif

 


And our sophisticated king:

FypWV1Z.gif

 

Spoiler

bm59evG.gif

 

jQv2ZGa.gif

 


On a serious note - the casting couldn’t be more spot on. Both SHS and KJH are excellent in comedies but they can also pull off serious scenes thanks to their incredible acting ranges.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raffles said:

Yeah, that came out of nowhere. And why in heaven's name rush the king when you just want to talk to the queen's maid? Maybe the writers have to launch a few more ships before they start, ah, reducing the cast...

NOOOOOOOOOO i'm still traumatic with scarlet heart where everyone was happy and everything went south after ep10:criesariver:

 

i haven't watched the writernim's other works so idk what is their typical ending drama cri

 

2 hours ago, Raffles said:

He’s also as self-centered as he is charming. He’s willing to sacrifice others to realize his ambitions. Early on, he told Hong Yeon he’d willingly sacrifice her to get home. He made light of it, but he wasn’t really kidding. And he didn’t particularly care what might happen to Kim So Yong and her court as a result of his actions once he jumped into the lake and back into the future. 

 

Shin Hye Sun (and Choi Jin Hyuk in the Act 1 voice overs) do a fantastic job winning us over to their character. But as charismatic and amusing as Sobong is, she is not a loyal or reliable person. Her growth will mean learning some lessons about loving and giving. Looks like she’s started that journey.
 

 

yep. shin hyesun is really doing amazing job to portray sobong. if we refer to the original story, the queen doesn't suppose to be loyal and reliable. she chose the side she believed will be the winner (remember when she and cheoljong met the ministers and she wanted to support the great dowager's brother because she knew that he was the real ruler in the palace, even in the latest ep she wanna give the great dowager several gifts and separate herself from the king because she thinks that that side is the absolute power) but as his relationship with cheoljong develops, sobong will also experience extraordinary character development (can only hope writernim won't kill him)

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Annie12 said:

I think Bong Hwan is slowlly leaving  from So Yong, or So Yong is finally overtaking her body.

The times where her expression changed when watching "her"King or at the last scene when tried to save him. That is why i think that the queen is returning. Her spirit is becoming stronger with the help of Bong Hwan. He is making her stronger.

 

perhaps it's because im really fond of soyong, but i really like this theory. in essence i like the idea that soyong is still around and bonghwan is learning from her ability to empathise and care for the people around her and soyong is learning from bong hwan's confidence to stand up for himself. they are two opposite ends of the spectrum, and it'll be nice to see how meet in the middle. kind of rides on what raffles noted about so bong's character development:

 

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

Shin Hye Sun (and Choi Jin Hyuk in the Act 1 voice overs) do a fantastic job winning us over to their character. But as charismatic and amusing as Sobong is, she is not a loyal or reliable person. Her growth will mean learning some lessons about loving and giving. Looks like she’s started that journey.

 

i'm also pretty fond of the reincarnation theory aisling mentioned, and i think the writers will do a good job in reconciling the two very different facets of the same soul as they've been doing so far. that said, i dont see these two theories mutually exclusive either.

15 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m actually very fond of “true love transcends time” trope. That’s why I would find it extremely romantic if BH and SY were revealed as the same soul.

 

i cant believe it's only tuesday. saturday seems so far away... :criesariver:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ep 8 kiss scene.. crazy swoon faint :heart2beat:

i didn't particularly like KJH in CLOY but find him so charming and romantic here

really like SHS in this drama.. i didn't watch too many of her projects but this is really a growth to the usual roles she has played

saturday is not here soon enough!! 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Queen: Episodes 7-8 Open Thread

by missvictrix

QUEEN0708_1.jpg

 

Rivalries come to light when the queen’s wellbeing is in danger. But more than jealous confrontations and drink-offs, our queen has bigger problems: she’s becoming more and more the actual queen. Memories and emotions are taking over, and Bong-hwan loses a little bit more of himself by the minute.

 

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

 

QUEEN0708_2A.jpgQUEEN0708_2B-1.jpg

Last week, my notes to self consisted of the following: “More Byung-in, please!” I guess they heard me. The highlight this week was definitely the many confrontations, with varying degrees of comedy and drama, between Cheoljong and Byung-in. Of course, this rivalry would not have hit the fan without So-yong being in mortal danger, which is where we start off this week: the queen has fallen into a vegetative state.

This is a great part of the story because we get a peek into the connection between Bong-hwan’s body in present-day Seoul, and his soul trapped in So-yong’s body. When Bong-hwan’s enemy removes his life support, Bong-hwan codes, and that’s exactly when So-yong collapses into her vegetative state. When Bong-hwan is resuscitated, though, he’s the one in the vegetative state: we hear that familiar voice talking back at the people around him… except that voice is only in his head. Poor Bong-hwan!

 

more

 

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/mr-queen-episodes-7-8-open-thread/

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cenching said:

I see there is a discussion about whether The King will do the deed without consent of the drunk Queen because The King is supposedly a gentleman. IMHO, given a chance The King won't hesitates to do it because The Queen is his lawful wife and the setting is an ancient time that never heard of the word "consent" between husband and wife. But whether The Kind really did it on THAT particular time, I am split into 50:50 not because of "consent" but because The King has another mission in his mind.

 

 

 

Even though this is set in ancient times, a lot of modern elements are introduced in it. Even in Episode 8 when the guy stormed the Queen's father's house, disregarding etiquette in his haste to greet court lady Hong. If it were more realistic, that guy would have had to bow etc in the presence of the King and Queen.

 

I don't think they will do the deed, because the King may be interested in her, but its more subconscious, as his primary concern and love is still for the Concubine.

 

Also, if it were more realistic, the Kim clan would have prevented Hwa Jin to become a concubine, since she obviously exerts power over the king. But what did they do? Nothing. She now becomes a pawn/player for the Dowager Queen. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...