Quantcast

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

OMG, I just can’t wait for this scene tomorrow! This is going to be so much fun! :lol: 

So Bong is literally spraying herself (I’m going to use she/her pronoun from now since she doesn’t get a male voiceover anymore) with water. It’s getting hot in here because of Cheoljong haha. Why can’t I stop laughing? :joy: Poor Cheoljong, he’s so confused because she’s getting weirder and weirder.

24o9hZl.gif

Seems BongHwan is using it as a holy water like an exorcist driving away a spirit possessing a body :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

8 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

They will fake death to kill king in line with history and yet not kill them

That is the only logical ending. And this whole current chagrin of baby queen saving baby king is setting groundwork for it. They will survive and live happily somewhere (as chinese ending)

I think so. Maybe they will fake the king's death. But this story start in his 2nd year and based on history the king die in his 13th year. Yeah just wait for the scriptwriter-nim's decision...

Spoiler

I also hope their baby son is safe. In webdrama, their 1st child is a son and later he become the king. But after the king fake his death and later the queen, in their hidden place, they have another child, the 2nd child is a daughter.

But in novel, their 1st child is a daughter, because the king want a daughter plus if they have a daughter, she's safe, later their 2nd child is a son.

But if later they fake their death, I really dislike the ending like webdrama. I want the ending like novel please...

3 hours ago, aisling said:

The question is if So Yong knew she was the one saving Cheoljong, why didn’t she tell him? Why she let him think it was HJ?

Maybe that was the lie that the queen has mentioned before she jumped to the lake...

2 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I think the longer BongHwan stays in SoYong's body, he'll have SoYong's memories, skills and feelings. Since SoYong is in love with CheolJong, BongHwan will be attracted to him and then fall for him

Nah since last night episode why I didn't hear the chef voice as the queen inner voice? 

Spoiler

Maybe this story will like Oh My Ghost, the chef will make So Young change become stronger. And netizen will accept that the one who is in relationship, the king and the real queen. But tbh I really not care about who, the chef or the real queen.

But netizen seems still wondering about the chef's case in Blue House and the only way to close and clear his name, the chef should wake up, and later maybe we can see his mother who love Zumba. Hahahahahaha....

Ah dunno, let's just wait and watch how the story goes on... They already finished filming... So we just wait then...

PS : sorry for my bad grammar.

• Blob 2

The character development of the king is amazing me, from hated to genuine care for his wife, unknowingly that he cares for her. The way he runs towards her not bothering to listen and finished the sentence of HY he sprints like a mad man so worried that it might be late when he reached to her! 

I started to dislike the cousin, please:unamused: As if she is his wife! He had no respect for the king entering the room like he has the authority over the king! It's so satisfying that the king give him a piece of his mind, don't he dare! He constantly stepping over the boundary, at first I thought I could ship him to Soyong but looking back on the night he kissed her, he didn't even ask permission fully comprehending that she was on a vulnerable state of mind, she doesn't even enjoyed it! 

I change my mind now that bong Hwang and cheoljong will not be a couple, I think that soyong and bong hang will be sharing the same soul and mind, I hope they will slowly go into the route. 

The mystery of the queen so young is unfolding, we all knew that there's a big chance that she was the one who saved the king when he was young and indeed it was true! The concubine days are ticking soon the world will know she lied to the king! So cheoljong doesn't love her but SoYong, that's when she said those words that you should love me....

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Good to see how Bong Hwan is now realising how difficult a life the Queen had.

I love his/her impassioned speech about how the King was taking advantage as she was the weakest person (at that point) which he could attack. And the realisation from the King that that was what he was doing.

Bravo to the acting from Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun.

Intially I was upset with how Bong Hwan was thinking about just going back and not thinking about the consequences for the Queen (So Yong) once they have swapped back their souls/bodies. But then he realises the treacherous moves in the palace and he is using his 21st Century skills here.

As for the King, I was angered by how he treated the Queen merely through the fact that she was from the Kim Clan. He doesn't realise that the Jo Clan also has power-play in mind? It's great to see how he is now seeing her (or Bong Hwan, haha) in a new light. She is forcing him to see and reflect on his own behaviour.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Nah since last night episode why I didn't hear the chef voice as the queen inner voice? 

There's a possibility they merge into one or maybe SoYong  is overtaking him. 

The longer BongHwan stays he'll become SoYong himself. 

He has to find the solution to return to his original body as soon as possible before SoYong overtakes him in Joseon period and becomes a vegetative person forever in modern times. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

As someone who has watched way too many harem dramas, the royal concubine is digging her own undoing. The number one rule in every harem is to never , ever boast about your favour , it will be the cause of your downfall. The minute she started to get cocky, he started slipping away from her. She’s lucky it’s Jang Bong Hwan’s soul, if it was the queen or another Joseon woman , she would’ve been plotted out of the palace. I liked her and understood her , but the writers seem to set her her character up for downfall. She is three faced, innocent and caring in front of the king , calculating in front of the Queen dowager and cocky in front of the Queen. And jealousy is really getting to her and inciting her dark vices, it’s only a matter of time Cheoljong starts piecing things together , given how observant and calculating he is. She can only be safe if she chooses to pick a side , the power or love. Her safer option is love, if she stops now , when the king loves and trusts her , she can cover up her tracks. She can even conceive a child probably. Power is not wise, because she is new and the people in the place will abandon her just as easily. And the king would not like it, if he learns she is vying for more power. But if she tries to have it all , both the power and love , having to much faith in his love for her, that’s when she will lose everything, all together. I really wanted to root for her , hopefully her character will have some development in the end.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

Okay, loved episode 7 :wub:.

13 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Okay... Yeah topless king. Wkwkwkwkwk...

About preview ep 8

Hide contents

But I think about little king and little queen already met and actually the one who help the little king was the little queen, that's true... They talked about "secret" in the end... And they showed the well...

I think so as well.

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Ratings are in:

Episode 7: 12.4% Nationwide

13.2% Metropolitan Area

That is awesome :)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
1 hour ago, uglypearl said:

There's a possibility they merge into one or maybe SoYong  is overtaking him. 

The longer BongHwan stays he'll become SoYong himself. 

He has to find the solution to return to his original body as soon as possible before SoYong overtakes him in Joseon period and becomes a vegetative person forever in modern times. 

Bong Hwan has his own arc that needs to be resolved in 2021 timeline so I am guessing at some point he will fully return at the very least to wrap it up. This whole thing now is leaning towards, Oh My Ghost territory which wasn't something that I am personally big fan of. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I think Bong Hwan is becoming the queen, or is merging with her. The more he gets used to that body, the more he is introduced to her, shown her memories etc... Like all time travel dramas , he is placed there for a reason and I think the queens soul chose him for a reason too. I think  his purpose is to help cheoljong into a better king and reveal the truth, because had the queen not changed , he wouldn’t have trusted her . The secret of their childhoods wouldn’t have been revealed as Hwa Jin had this grip on him, which is now loosening.  My prediction is he will time travel back after his purpose is over , the queen soul will return , and he will meet Cheoljong’s reincarnation in the future.  I don’t think they are the same person , but for now one soul cohabits two bodies. Kinda of like MLSHR, the original girl dies and a Morden soul takes over while her body  in another  timeline is in comatose. My main argument comes from the fact that he cannot be the same person since he is sexist and gets off on being a player , while the queen is a heartbroken young woman, who killed herself because of the pain. Seems to me this meant to be a lesson to him as well, but I will wait and see, I could be wrong . You could become what you despise and loathed.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
13 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Bong Hwan has his own arc that needs to be resolved in 2021 timeline so I am guessing at some point he will fully return at the very least to wrap it up. 

He will  probably go back to present after the problem  has been solved in Joseon period, maybe in last two or three episodes.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1
2 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

As someone who has watched way too many harem dramas, the royal concubine is digging her own undoing. The number one rule in every harem is to never , ever boast about your favour , it will be the cause of your downfall. The minute she started to get cocky, he started slipping away from her. She’s lucky it’s Jang Bong Hwan’s soul, if it was the queen or another Joseon woman , she would’ve been plotted out of the palace. I liked her and understood her , but the writers seem to set her her character up for downfall. She is three faced, innocent and caring in front of the king , calculating in front of the Queen dowager and cocky in front of the Queen. And jealousy is really getting to her and inciting her dark vices, it’s only a matter of time Cheoljong starts piecing things together , given how observant and calculating he is. She can only be safe if she chooses to pick a side , the power or love. Her safer option is love, if she stops now , when the king loves and trusts her , she can cover up her tracks. She can even conceive a child probably. Power is not wise, because she is new and the people in the place will abandon her just as easily. And the king would not like it, if he learns she is vying for more power. But if she tries to have it all , both the power and love , having to much faith in his love for her, that’s when she will lose everything, all together. I really wanted to root for her , hopefully her character will have some development in the end.

She act so cocky to the queen because she has the king's favor.

But the fact that she get king's favor by lied to him that she saved him when they were little annoyed me the most.

I'm 100% sure the one that save the little Cheoljong actually was the little So Yong.

Btw, the queen already occupied the king's heart and mind now:smirk:

credit to @Kaizen68

Yes, I really like the king's dumbfounded expression whenever his interact with his unpredictable queen.

He's trying to keep his cool composure in front of her but usually it failed LOOL:lol:

credit to @deanne3004

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

This is the right place to vent.

I HATE the cousin!!!! When he said "You should be mine" and leaned in to kiss her, I almost bumped my head against the screen. I can't believe he disregarded Soyong's feelings like that. Even if she hadn't married the king, what makes this this this :vicx: think that she would have been his?! What nonsense was that dialogue? SY doesn't have feelings for this dude. UGH. :onfirex:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
9 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Interesting theory but I sort of dont want bong hwan to ever return to his body I hope it goes the Chinese route but what you said seems like a likely route. 

i dont really mind any ending at this point (im just concerned about the execution) and i personally dont think that that theory i proposed is indicative of any specific ending. a few people pointed out that it may go the oh my ghostess route, which im personally also not a fan of either.

i know everyone finds the cousin annoying but damn that face off between the king and the cousin - both actors were stellar in it. the tears in his eyes when the king said that soyong is no longer someone he can desire, a really nice touch

• Blob 1
3 hours ago, sw33tm3lody said:

This is the right place to vent.

I HATE the cousin!!!! When he said "You should be mine" and leaned in to kiss her, I almost bumped my head against the screen. I can't believe he disregarded Soyong's feelings like that. Even if she hadn't married the king, what makes this this this :vicx: think that she would have been his?! What nonsense was that dialogue? SY doesn't have feelings for this dude. UGH.

I would’ve labelled him creepy and disgustingly possessive if he did kiss her tbh , he is still creepy though..

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1
1 hour ago, poopytubby said:

a few people pointed out that it may go the oh my ghostess route, which im personally not a fan either

couldn't agree more. I watched Oh My Ghost, but it doesn't feel right. Sun woo fell for the ghost, not the body. Even though eventually he falls for Bong Sun too, the one who made him loves her is the ghost at the first time. and there are too many memories of them being together. But it ends up with a handshake? Or a goodbye? I don't remember. I just remember that Sun woo looks scared when he realized all this time he's interacted with a ghost. I am a fan of Jo Jung Suk tho :D

Anyway, I dont think I would like this route to happen in Mr. queen.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I liked the episode. The queen was unconscious for the most part ,but the king more than made up for it. I loved how he immediately ran to her. It’s interesting how he seems to lose all composure and pretense when it comes to the queen. The concubine was always suspicious so not surprised by her schemes. I find the cousin very irritating. He was already arrogant and now he has become creepy by trying to kiss the queen while she’s unconscious. On a happier note, it was so cute when the queen was impressed by her makeover. I don’t know what’s going on with Bong Hwan and So Yong souls’ but I’m just going to hope the writers find a way to make everything workout. The preview was really exciting. Seems like the queen is going to catch feelings, which is not surprising because..... just look at the king. Can’t wait for the next episode! 

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1
Spoiler

So based on the stills, it means this drama will has the first bed scene tonight while the king is in his his in-laws house like in the Chinese version? If so, then the king will get drunk too because he also drink.

But the queen's cousin is also drinking with the royal couple.

Will they leave him behind after drunk and have a bed scene? Awkward LOL:lol:

credit to the owner

We will get the story of their childhood encounter aww

credit to the owner

This love triangle is hilarious

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

“Mr. Queen” Climbs To Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Uncanny Counter” Returns To Air On Slight Decrease

Viewership ratings for tvN’s “Mr. Queen” continue to soar!

On January 2, the hit historical fantasy-comedy drama successfully continued its streak of hitting a new all-time ratings high with every episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Mr. Queen” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.4 percent and a peak of 13.6 percent—setting a new personal record for the drama and taking first place in its time slot across all channels, including public broadcast networks.

Meanwhile, OCN’s “The Uncanny Counter” saw a slight dip in viewership as it resumed airing after a one-week hiatus. The latest episode of the superhero drama scored an average nationwide rating of 8.4 percent and a peak of 9.5 percent.

SBS’s “Delayed Justice” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.6 percent for its latest episode, while TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” earned an average rating of 2.3 percent.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” stayed strong with average nationwide ratings of 27.7 percent and 31.8 percent for its two parts.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Mr. Queen”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446590wpp/mr-queen-climbs-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-the-uncanny-counter-returns-to-air-on-slight-decrease

• Like 6
  • Blob 2
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후