Quantcast

I have so many questions!

How would they be back at the Queen’s home? I thought Queens were forbidden to ever leave the palace once they come in. Also, she is not wearing royal clothes (I may be wrong) in the pics, but it might be because she’s not in the palace. Someone mentioned that her hair is up, so it must be after she got married and not a flashback BUT I am still skeptical lmao I just don’t want to be disappointed and get my hopes up for nothing :P It seems like Soyong came back for a little bit? Maybe Bonghwan and Soyong’s spirits are residing in the same body now after she regains consciousness...

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

52 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

I have so many questions!

How would they be back at the Queen’s home? I thought Queens were forbidden to ever leave the palace once they come in. Also, she is not wearing royal clothes (I may be wrong) in the pics, but it might be because she’s not in the palace. Someone mentioned that her hair is up, so it must be after she got married and not a flashback BUT I am still skeptical lmao I just don’t want to be disappointed and get my hopes up for nothing :P It seems like Soyong came back for a little bit? Maybe Bonghwan and Soyong’s spirits are residing in the same body now after she regains consciousness...

It seems the palace made an exception for our queen because she fell into a coma. Cheoljong probably thought if there was a chance for her to recover it would be somewhere she felt safe (her home), not at the palace where everyone tried to depose/kill her.

But from the stills it doesn’t look like she’s completely Bong Hwan. Her posture is very feminine and and the look in her eyes seems softer. 

Also, can we appreciate how insanely handsome Cheoljong looks in that purple hanbok? My heart literally skipped a beat.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

If writers go the BL route, I won't mind tbh. I think it will be a bold move and will admire them for it. However, looking at the rate things are going, I don't think it'll go that way because the King and JBH are in totally different perspectives. The King does not know that the Queen is a man on the inside so falling in love with her is a possibility, but JBH is very much aware that the king is a man. He is/was a Casanova and will make no sense for me if he simply accepts the fact that he is a woman -- just because? This is just me though. 

I love that this drama doesn't just give us comic relief but makes us think about a lot of possibilities and theories. I am honestly preparing myself for something tragic but still hopeful that they are able to pull this through with a satisfying ending.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I don't know guys, but she looks definitely Sobong in my eyes. Rather than look soft and calm, her smile smirks to one side and her posture isn't upright. 

50786547531_6eef86910d_c.jpg

If it was Soyong, I would imagine she would stand up straight and her head bowed a little bit without tilting to one side and her smile would softer, instead of looks like a grin. She was educated to be polite and humble since she was born. But in the still cuts, rather than humble, she looks sassier .

50786571076_eff06b6e14_c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4
1 hour ago, Kaizen68 said:

I don't know guys, but she looks definitely Sobong in my eyes. Rather than look soft and calm, her smile smirks to one side and her posture isn't upright. 

If it was Soyong, I would imagine she would stand up straight and her head bowed a little bit without tilting to one side and her smile would softer, instead of looks like a grin. She was educated to be polite and humble since she was born. But in the still cuts, rather than humble, she looks sassier .

Me too.. I saw that's the chef, not the real queen... The real queen was soft but I didn't got that vibe from that spoiler picture...

1 hour ago, sodandee said:

If writers go the BL route, I won't mind tbh. I think it will be a bold move and will admire them for it. However, looking at the rate things are going, I don't think it'll go that way because the King and JBH are in totally different perspectives. The King does not know that the Queen is a man on the inside so falling in love with her is a possibility, but JBH is very much aware that the king is a man. He is/was a Casanova and will make no sense for me if he simply accepts the fact that he is a woman -- just because? This is just me though. 

I love that this drama doesn't just give us comic relief but makes us think about a lot of possibilities and theories. I am honestly preparing myself for something tragic but still hopeful that they are able to pull this through with a satisfying ending.

Dunno why, in webdrama and novel version, I didn't mind about BL storyline only for one condition : with the queen figure and the king, even though the male voice still came... Tbh I open for that kind of stories, how the chef will learn to accept his/her responsibility as a Queen, as mother of a Nation...

Just my own opinion though...

I'm watching episode 1 till 6 on tvN now with my mother language substitle, my mom is also with me, but she keep asking me, she still can't understand how the chef soul become the queen... Hahahahahahahaha....

Oh my gosh. Waiting for tomorrow, still need 24 hours more to episode 7...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

These stills definitely look interesting. I also think that it's our Bong Hwan in Queen's body. Maybe he accepted the fact that he can't go back (cause it's dangerous for him in the future or something else happened). My guess is that real So Yong wouldn't smile at the King. She would be cold towards him. Perhaps Bong Hwan has new plan haha Anyway, Happy New Year guys! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Such exciting pictures! Thank you everyone for sharing and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I agree with you all that it is So Bong right there hihi ;) but it could be that his soul has merged with So Yong's, so he might have a soft spot for the king.

OR, it is only So Bong, but he is accepting So Yong's body/physical reactions to the king. If I remember it well, there were about two scenes that actually showed us he could feel So Yong's feelings: (1) at the wedding when his breath got cut for a short moment, looked at the king, and got a bit mesmerized by the king's look ;) , and (2) when he had a second heart attack (aka heartbreak) when the memory that the king did not like So Yong back flashed and his assistants thought he was being poisoned LOL. 

But again, so glad that the writers are actually teasing us with romance *w* this means that it's not something impossible for our couple... Or they're just trolling us hard xD but I don't care at this point, their mere interactions will satisfy my eyes let alone a potential love story *w* 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

It looks like a flash back...The Queen would never wear her hair that way...married woman must wear Binyeo so this is So Yong before she entered the palace. Look at Hong Yeon, she too is wearing a different Han bok...palace maids have uniforms. I need Bong Hwan to slowly also realize that So Yeon was a real person. So far, he has done whatever but his actions have consequences for the real So Yeon...we don't if she is dead yet or Bong Hwan's reincarnation. I know its a 20 episode drama so there's no rush. But Bong Hwan needs to realize that a pitiful young girl was the master of this body and he needs to learn to be considerate to her.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Unlike others, I think this scene is to trick us. Probably this is a dream or imagination of the queen (not SY).  

This is my two cent, first, her hanbok doesn't on par with someone came from a wealthy family. 

Second, her hair is up, meant at this point she's married. This can't be a flashback as if it is, then her hair should be down and braided, if not, it doesn't make any sense.

Third, I think mr queen have a new development on his feeling for the King. Maybe something changed and he's imagining himself looking at the King as a woman. I personally think if this the case then ep 7 is a bit early, should've let more thing happened before he slowly accept his feminime side. 

Can't wait to tomorrow episode. The King is hella handsome in purple I almost thought it was different actor. 

Edited by G L
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1
3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

It looks like a flash back...The Queen would never wear her hair that way...married woman must wear Binyeo so this is So Yong before she entered the palace.

It's more likely an unmarried woman needs to braid and lower down their hair. Also, the article above mentioned it is after the queen regains consciousness.

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

“Mr. Queen” Teases Blossoming Romance Between Kim Jung Hyun And Shin Hye Sun After She Regains Consciousness

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

The hairstyle in the stills indicate that is after she get married.

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

So the scene with the king holding flower is whether:

1)So Yong's soul has back to her body (if there are two different souls)

2)It is still So Bong but for whatever reason she has soften to the king

3)It is a troll because it is just So Bong dream/imagination

*this possibility cracks me up because in her dream/imagination not only he comes to her by wearing such a dashing costume but he also brought her some flowers hahaha

Aww so sweet:wub:

credit to the owner

I like this post.

Sorry Hwa Jin, I don't hate you but the king is quite busy with his queen after they got married:tongue:

credit to the owner

Cuties!

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Happy New Year everyone!

I think it's a flashback as well, idk about her hair, but the King's face is way too cold for it to be now. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think he will let her go anywhere alone for this episode.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
14 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

From webdrama and the novel

Hide contents

The Queen would be drunk and finally would have first night with the king. As I remember that happened when they stayed at Queen's home

Yes, it's episode 5 of Go Princess Go.

Major spoiler alert 

(for those who haven't watched the original, I advise you not to reveal the hidden content until episode 7, unless you don't mind with potential major spoilers)

Spoiler

The queen didn't remember, and she thought she somehow was doing it with Lu Li. Haha. The next day, the queen saw a hickey on the king's neck, and she teased him a lot. The king got angry because the queen didn't remember, and she teased him doing it with Jiang Shi. Then the king got her off the horse carriage on their way back to the palace, lol. And she vomited a lot realizing what happened after Lu Li told her hahaha. I wonder how the kdrama will execute it :luvarrow:

Reading the Soompi article:

"After her mysterious cardiac arrest, there will be a definitive change in Kim So Yong," teased the producers of "Mr. Queen." "Something will happen that brings Kim So Yong and Cheoljong one step closer together.

I assumed they'll also go with a similar route. The queen and the king will get their first consummate night in the queen's house. And the definite change is that the queen (the chef) will get pregnant.

The kdrama has so many similarities in its storyline. It's just a little bit different in its execution. For example, the convenience and delivery service idea by the queen. Or about the king who did flashbacks before he dives into the water when the queen is in real danger. After that, he's more attentive towards her. And I believe they will go with the same bold route to cultivate and grow femininity in Sobong, and make the leads closer.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1
3 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

It's more likely an unmarried woman needs to braid and lower down their hair. Also, the article above mentioned it is after the queen regains consciousness.

Nah, I am betting its So Yong in flashback........look at both their faces...he is cold, she is soft.......it can't be Bong Hwan

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
5 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

My heart can't take it omg, it leaves me so much emotion :tears:

Original video, pre-release of episode 7

https://tv.naver.com/v/17634844

Hi everyone!

Another Mr. Queen fans here.

Omg the clips! I caaaannnn'tttt!

I can't not to ship these two!

I can feel the chemistry between them.

I don't care if later on the chef soul is stuck there in the Queen's body forever.

Well, if there's connection between them, and chef's feeling change towards the King, I'm okay with that route for them to have happy ending!

I just wish that the ending won't be like Go Princess Go.

Anyways, let's see and enjoy each episode :)

Counting hours to see Mr. Queen tonight, and tomorrow with the subs!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Blob 1

I'm so happy... We get the pre-release video this morning, but I need the English substitle. I just understand, the king asked "My Queen, please wake up." But I don't understand others....

With his friend, the king said "The Queen is a woman, but I don't see her as a woman."

Later he run to save the Queen and asked about "No Touchie" rule. And plus how angry he was when Jo ministries asked to dethrone the Queen... Plus how sweet he gave the hair pin to the Queen and asked one more opportunity to know her without prejudice.

With his brother, the king said "I don't have any romantic feeling with the King."

And.... And later... Yeah with the preview and this pre-release video, he looked so worry and I believe that first night planning with Royal Concubine Jo would fail. [And that will make Royal Concubine Jo start to change become bad, to keep The King's love - remember what the Royal Concubine Jo said to the King when she asked permit their first night]

The brother asked "will you betray the Royal Concubine?" Hhhhmmmmm, without he answered, what he did already showed the answer for me.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Omg! New clip so cuteeeeeeeee!!! Tomorrow please come faster!!! *W* 

Here's a rough translation of the clip:

--- 

King: Is she breathing? [Leans forward] so she's breathing. If it was sleep, you wouldn't be this silent, Queen... (note: meaning she usually snores in her sleep so it's unusual that she doesn't while "asleep" XD). 

So Bong: *Eeeh*

King: What is it? Are you in pain?

So bong: Mother, you wanted a daughter so badly. Are you satisfied (note: did not get the word properly, but I heard "satisfied") now? 

King: When we're in pain and struggling, it's normal to miss our mother. [Gently pats pats *w*]. You have to overcome this, Queen. Just as you ought to be, please wake up courageously/strongly. Don't you also have to keep our promise to go on with our No-Touch? Your weird speech/language and your arrogant attitude, I will forgive them all. [Grabs her shirt T_T] Please wake up. 

---

ME: *CRIES IN JOSEON ERA xD* 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Blob 1

Thank you for the translation @bomnie

Aww so sweet:bawling:

But "Mother, you want a daughter so badly"?

So Bong Hwan's mother in modern time want a daughter huh:sweat_smile:

We don't even see his parent. Are they still alive?:open_mouth:

Sorry, but my "how annoying" level for the queen's adopted cousin increased day by day LOL

credit to the owner

Anyway today is the day, just has to wait for few more hours!

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Thanks @bomniefor the translation... So The Queen mentioned about mother. Nah suddenly I think that's why the king let the queen back to her house, to make her comfortable. The queen ever said since the first time came here, I never felt comfortable...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후