[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

10 hours ago, Sandy Prater said:

Found a date for the commentary release on Twitter: March 5th

Some speculation as to what they will be commenting on b/c it's being touted as an exclusive and the other "exclusive" content from (is it tvbing...I probably misspelled that) the company providing it is Mr. Queen: The Secret/Bamboo Forest. So there's a chance that it might be a commentary on the spin-offs only, but that's not confirmed, it's just a theory some are throwing out. No info yet as to whether it's going to be released on multiple platforms or with subs, which is disappointing/nerve-racking. 

Really wish they would get on-board with the fact that there are a lot of international fans for KDramas. At least for the ones that do well internationally, they should make an effort to have things available for us like a translated scriptbook, quality subs on dvd/blu ray, and access to subbed specials. 

10 hours ago, aisling said:

I just realised they’ll probably do commentary on those spin-off episodes which is quite underwhelming.

Since the commentary will be exclusively on Tving I guess they’re going to just talk about the spin-off.

There’s not much to talk about since nothing really happened there?

The main script and core of the story was Mr Queen not the Bamboo Forest, the spin-off.

It is such a nonsense if they really will make a commentary just based of the spin-off *sigh*

confused jeremy renner GIF

And although I'm happy that we will get the commentary from the casts and director, I really hope that for once, when the Korean dramas becomes a hit especially among the local and international audiences, they will invite the screenwriters for the commentary too.

I know that the director, actors and actresses had many discussions and conversations with screenwriters to understand the drama and the characters before filming/while filming but I want to know the input from screenwriters too.

I want to know:

• Why they use the real royal couple in Joseon history?
  • What kind envisioned they hope to show to audience when they wrote from the plot?
  • Was there any character from any dramas/movies that inspired them to wrote the character that have characteristic like So Bong/Cheol Jong and other support characters?

The screenwriters are the FOUNDERS for the world of the story in the drama. Without them, we as audience wouldn't get to watch this type of plot so they should be included too:tears:

Kim Jung Hyun in Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People before he upgraded as a Joseon king in Mr QueenB)

credit to the owner

Shin Hye Sun doesn't look too small beside Kim Jung Hyun in their traditional outfit compared to when they both wearing modern casual outfit:D

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Shin Hye Sun is So Bong in real lifeB)

credit to the owner

When Shin Hye Sun said Kim So Yong matched more with her true personality, Kim Jung Hyun looks at her like:

" Reallyyy? Oh well, if you say so:relieved:"

credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I dont understand why  Byeong In had to have such an end.

He is a good swordsman and yet that man with the scar managed to beat him.  :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/KimByeongin?src=hashtag_click

Typical second male lead ending.

KJH was once such victim too when he played second male lead.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

This is like a dream come true. Viu Singapore truly loves Mr Queen and did better job than tvN to be honest.

And the person behind Viu account is so hilarious too :joy:

Does Viu usually sub commentary? I don’t think so, right?

• LOL 3

Quick look back on Mr. Queen. Shin Hye Sun's pick on Kim Jung Hyun's famous scene as King CheolJong

What's your favorite scene of him in the series? Me: When he knelt down to So Yong asking her forgiveness. That gave me butterflies 

• Like 5

On 3/5/2021 at 2:05 PM, HelloNica said:

What's your favorite scene of him in the series? Me: When he knelt down to So Yong asking her forgiveness. That gave me butterflies 

I like the scenes where he's more vulnerable and innocent...dude's had a hard life. My two favorites are when he approaches the queen with that hopeful smile and asks "Did you dream of me?" at the lake and also the cart scene where she asked him what he would have done if he was crammed in there with his bodyguard and he was like "Why would you say something like that?!?" Like, the irony of that wasn't lost on me. LOL 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, HelloNica said:

Quick look back on Mr. Queen. Shin Hye Sun's pick on Kim Jung Hyun's famous scene as King CheolJong

I love that scene as well, it was a great scene, glad CJ did that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1