Quantcast

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

It literally looks like all KJH’s scenes were ad-libbed. The way the director just kept them all is even funnier.

This person made a thread with all compiled adlibs, you should check out the whole thread.

At this point it’s easier to compile what wasn’t ad-libbed :joy: Jung Hyun’s sexy brain stunned us once again.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

My additional little observation about why I think BH slowly fell in love with the King.

During recent kisses with CJ (at mountains, the ep20 before going to the last battle etc.) it was still BH's soul desire. Yes, we don't know what exactly happened inside his head but at least he didn't feel disgusted or shameful after it. He didn't make a fuss after, he didn't seem to regret those kisses, so I guess he was fine/ content with kissing the King at the last episodes.

So the theory that it was only SY soul intent and desire to kiss/love CJ - is not corrent in my eyes. BH also had feelings for the King.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, cdcotr said:

The way they shot that ending, it really isn't clear exactly what JBH remembers of his whole experience and what he feels. They really toned it down and minimized the impact on him, esp considering that night they had in the mountains when both were sober, both knowing what they felt for each other.  There should be some grief at least, if not for the love lost, then the real friends he lost too.

We saw him only in fight-or-flight mode, pumped up with adrenaline. I expect he crashed hard soon thereafter and it all came down on him. Not that we see that. We didn't see a lot of things.:confused:

• Like 6

This is most probably fake but I still want to see the person who was this horny and came up with the idea of So Bong not wanting to wear clothes and wanted Cheoljong to cover her up with his naked body instead.

aDeqwoc.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
13 minutes ago, aisling said:

This is most probably fake but I still want to see the person who was this horny and came up with the idea of So Bong not wanting to wear clothes and wanted Cheoljong to cover her up with his naked body instead.

This one must be fanfic by the thirsty PAC.....:loolz:  @shimshimae is this you??? For one of your research?? :coolshades:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
18 minutes ago, cenching said:

This one must be fanfic by the thirsty PAC.....:loolz:  @shimshimae is this you??? For one of your research?? :coolshades:

Alas, I'm afraid not - glad to know people with such level of thirst exist :joy::joy:

2 hours ago, cenching said:

@aisling

I like the narration of CJ unties SB's hair. I know in ancient time only the husband can untied a woman hair and usually in ancient setting drama/movie this kind of scene is filmed with extra care and slow mo complete with all of the drum rolls and fireworks with many different angles. I am gutted that we were deprived of such beautiful scene.

They should have shown this! I wouldn't mind missing a kiss or two (or more? :huh:) just for this 

@aisling so any idea if they actually filmed the script stuff or just decided to go with improvisation? If it's filmed - we might get unedited version at some point right??

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I’m still in shock there’s a person who outdid me in horniness. LMAO even I couldn’t come up with So Bong saying “Cheoljongie, cover me up with your hot naked body as a blanket.” 

The worst part is that now I can’t stop thinking about it. 

Sadly, I don’t think they filmed their sex scene because it was already really cold. They probably just skipped it but I’d like to be wrong in this one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
13 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m still in shock there’s a person who outdid me in horniness. LMAO even I couldn’t come up with So Bong saying “Cheoljongie, cover me up with your hot naked body.” 

Sadly, I don’t think they filmed their sex scene because it was already really cold. They probably just skipped it but I’d like to be wrong in this one.

These are the things once you think about - you cannot stop unthinking :joy::joy:

now I want to know whether their next morning lovey-dovey stuff like CJ warming up SB was an ad-lib - I also want to know if the cart scene innuendos were ad-libs as well (like the fake elbow part and SB saying "uh-oh" lol) 

and yes, it was really cold - so just hoping that their first night footage is longer - from the BTS of it - we do know they filmed more scenes than they showed 

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

These are the things once you think about - you cannot stop unthinking :joy::joy:

now I want to know whether their next morning lovey-dovey stuff like CJ warming up SB was an ad-lib - I also want to know if the cart scene innuendos were ad-libs as well (like the fake elbow part and SB saying "uh-oh" lol) 

and yes, it was really cold - so just hoping that their first night footage is longer - from the BTS of it - we do know they filmed more scenes than they showed 

I read the script said Cheoljong warming So Bong’s hands on his chest. But he put them under his armpits instead  :joy: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m still in shock there’s a person who outdid me in horniness. LMAO even I couldn’t come up with So Bong saying “Cheoljongie, cover me up with your hot naked body.” 

I also think they don't film the second bed scene because of the cold weather.

I remember reading someone commented in Youtube why in the world the screenwriters wrote the part the trio

(So Bong/Lady Choi/Hong Yeon) searching for Cheol Jong, the royal couple reunion scene and other scenes outside the palace when it is winter in Korea and a Korean replied that the script for those scenes were originally for summer season.

But then they had to halted the filming because an extra cast affected by Covid-19 and continued filming despite the winter season. When this drama was still airing it earlier episode, I had seen tweets the picture of front page of script ep 20 and mentioned that the screenwriter of this drama posted on his/her social media "the scripts had been completed, please take care of it" on twitter. So if not because of winter, they might show us their second bed scene:joy:

I live for So Bong and Cheol Jong horniness love bye

credit to the owner

Nothing but the truth! 

credit to the owner

Confirmed by the queen herself:glasses:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

I won't accept any objection!

credit to the owner

• Like 4

Okay, I’ve been thinking long and hard on this subject (way too much) and have come to the following consensus:

Bong-Hwan and So Yong are both versions of the same soul. What got me thinking about this was that scene in episode 5 where SoBong talks about original and past lives but then mentions parallel timestreams. To illustrate, she draws two lines running side by side and explains how a past life can be in one and the original/current being in the other. This had me stumped a bit, and I thought it a bit random that they put that in there, but then I looked up “reincarnation and parallel lives” and there’s a surprising number of articles on it - though obviously not conclusive or scientific as it involves spirituality. 

This would explain many of the elements of the story that I found hard to accept. For example:

If So Yong’s separate soul was in there with Bong Hwan’s soul then why did he never feel her? In fact, the show repeatedly makes reference to the idea that Bong Hwan does not feel another soul and attributes characteristics of SY to the body (telling her after the kiss that the soul is in control of the body so she ought to behave and in another scene he tries to get her soul to return by addressing the lake - where he believes she is hiding). What if the reason he couldn’t feel another presence was because there wasn’t another? He merely had his consciousness wake up in the body of his past life but didn’t realize it.

In the last segment of the spin-off, the king wishes to find the queen again, and they make it very clear that it’s Mr. Queen he’s thinking of. However, there’s also hints that he shares some sort of connection to So Yong. Very contradictory and confusing as heck to me as I was left wondering whom he would end up meeting if his wish came true. However, this conundrum isn’t an issue if it’s the same soul that he is drawn to.

It could explain the gradual integration of both personalities. For example, when CJ returns the book to Mr. Queen, she never thinks of herself as not being the girl from the well as she did when he first confesses his love for her. As she spends more time in her previous body, the lines become more blurred not just in memory but also in identity because she IS her. If they were two separate souls, I don’t think she would have that same reaction nor do I see anything to indicate that So Yong “took over” in that moment. Again though, I’ve never been fond of the idea of Mr. Queen being a puppet.

It could explain the issue of why time in the present is flowing at the same rate as the past, which we discovered when BH’s consciousness briefly reentered his body and explain why they chose to reveal that fact. Time isn’t linear here but more fluid with both versions existing simultaneously. 

It could explain why he falls for CJ so hard, despite his initial protests. I never liked the idea of his feelings being manipulated like puppetry, but I can get on board with the idea that he accepts his feelings for CJ because this is a man that some part of him has always loved and fell for "again" because of their shared journey and experiences. 

It would also explain the question of why Bong Hwan. What was the connection between this man and So Yong? They are reincarnations of each other. When So Yong was feeling hopeless and needed strength, she pulled upon her stronger (not because he’s a man necessarily but because of his confidence and different upbringing in a more independent era) version of herself to help her - made possible in that moment when she desperately wanted to give up on life and he desperately wanted to live. 

It would also explain why, when Bong Hwan briefly went back to his body, So Yong did not reappear. She wasn’t being suppressed by another soul. She purposefully had her reincarnated self come to give her strength and was not ready at that time to assume her life again, though not on a conscious level. 

It would also solve the pesky issue of why BH is a better person. Someone mentioned the irrationality of CJ’s political accomplishments causing a ripple effect to change BH, and I agree. However, if we look at BH as SY’s reincarnation, then the positive attributes he now displays in the altered timeline can be accounted for because he prevented his previous incarnation from killing herself out of anger/disappointment/powerlessness and therefore in his next lifetime his soul didn’t carry that grudge. - added this part in later but I can't get it to "unbold"

Finally, it would explain why CJ doesn’t know that it’s a different woman at the end of the show. While her personality has changed, it’s intrinsically also the same essence/soul/whatever...and I do see he and Mr. Queen (and by that connection So Yong) as soul mates.

This might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I quite like the idea as it eliminates much of the alienation I felt towards So Yong as a character and makes the ending less bitter. I think perhaps this is what the writers intended to portray...they just made it very, very hard to interpret.

Edited by Sandy Prater
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 4

"I feel sad that we didn't see the second bed scene but when I imagine the feel for So Bong and Cheol Jong shipper like me if this drama show us the second bed scene."

I knew it! I knew it! I mean, I'm sure many others guessed as well, but I'm just tickled b/c I remember posting something about how that scene was set up as a love-making one with the kissing continuing as the camera turned away and then the convo in the cart.

I would have loved to have seen it filmed, but just knowing it happened in the Mr. Queen universe (and they kept it in the scriptbook) makes me do a little happy dance. 

Edited by Sandy Prater
  • Like 3
35 minutes ago, Sandy Prater said:

Okay, I’ve been thinking long and hard on this subject (way too much) and have come to the following consensus:

Bong-Hwan and So Yong are both versions of the same soul. What got me thinking about this was that scene in episode 5 where SoBong talks about original and past lives but then mentions parallel timestreams. To illustrate, she draws two lines running side by side and explains how a past life can be in one and the original/current being in the other. This had me stumped a bit, and I thought it a bit random that they put that in there, but then I looked up “reincarnation and parallel lives” and there’s a surprising number of articles on it - though obviously not conclusive or scientific as it involves spirituality. 

This would explain many of the elements of the story that I found hard to accept. For example:

If So Yong’s separate soul was in there with Bong Hwan’s soul then why did he never feel her? In fact, the show repeatedly makes reference to the idea that Bong Hwan does not feel another soul and attributes characteristics of SY to the body (telling her after the kiss that the soul is in control of the body so she ought to behave and in another scene he tries to get her soul to return by addressing the lake - where he believes she is hiding). What if the reason he couldn’t feel another presence was because there wasn’t another? He merely had his consciousness wake up in the body of his past life but didn’t realize it.

In the last segment of the spin-off, the king wishes to find the queen again, and they make it very clear that it’s Mr. Queen he’s thinking of. However, there’s also hints that he shares some sort of connection to So Yong. Very contradictory and confusing as heck to me as I was left wondering whom he would end up meeting if his wish came true. However, this conundrum isn’t an issue if it’s the same soul that he is drawn to.

It could explain the gradual integration of both personalities. For example, when CJ returns the book to Mr. Queen, she never thinks of herself as not being the girl from the well as she did when he first confesses his love for her. As she spends more time in her previous body, the lines become more blurred not just in memory but also in identity because she IS her. If they were two separate souls, I don’t think she would have that same reaction nor do I see anything to indicate that So Yong “took over” in that moment. Again though, I’ve never been fond of the idea of Mr. Queen being a puppet.

It could explain the issue of why time in the present is flowing at the same rate as the past, which we discovered when BH’s consciousness briefly reentered his body and explain why they chose to reveal that fact. Time isn’t linear here but more fluid with both versions existing simultaneously. 

It could explain why he falls for CJ so hard, despite his initial protests. I never liked the idea of his feelings being manipulated like puppetry, but I can get on board with the idea that he accepts his feelings for CJ because this is a man that some part of him has always loved and fell for "again" because of their shared journey and experiences. 

It would also explain the question of why Bong Hwan. What was the connection between this man and So Yong? They are reincarnations of each other. When So Yong was feeling hopeless and needed strength, she pulled upon her stronger (not because he’s a man necessarily but because of his confidence and different upbringing in a more independent era) version of herself to help her - made possible in that moment when she desperately wanted to give up on life and he desperately wanted to live. 

It would also explain why, when Bong Hwan briefly went back to his body, So Yong did not reappear. She wasn’t being suppressed by another soul. She purposefully had her reincarnated self come to give her strength and was not ready at that time to assume her life again, though not on a conscious level. 

Finally, it would explain why CJ doesn’t know that it’s a different woman at the end of the show. While her personality has changed, it’s intrinsically also the same essence/soul/whatever...and I do see he and Mr. Queen (and by that connection So Yong) as soul mates.

This might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I quite like the idea as it eliminates much of the alienation I felt towards So Yong as a character and makes the ending less bitter. I think perhaps this is what the writers intended to portray...they just made it very, very hard to interpret.

That was my theory at the beginning of the drama because BH is everything that Soyong wanted to be, meaning :

- He is a womanizer when she witnessed her husband having a lot of concubines,

- He is really closed to his mother, when she was not able to meet her own mother,

- He wanted to have power (cooking for the powerful give you more power than anybody else because nobody will kill the hand that feed you - beginning of 1st episode), and her as well. 

- Of course, he was a man, and not a baby factory. 

It will also explain why he wanted to help her so much. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, aisling said:

I don’t know what to do with this information.... So Bong on top. 

I wonder if they read the novel (though they said they based it on the web series) because there's a graphic scene in there where this happens: the king and queen "fight" to both be on top. :7555_attack:

• Like 2
14 hours ago, cenching said:

@aisling

I like the narration of CJ unties SB's hair. I know in ancient time only the husband can untied a woman hair and usually in ancient setting drama/movie this kind of scene is filmed with extra care and slow mo complete with all of the drum rolls and fireworks with many different angles. I am gutted that we were deprived of such beautiful scene.

4 hours ago, enzek said:

I also think they don't film the second bed scene because of the cold weather.

I remember reading someone commented in Youtube why in the world the screenwriters wrote the part the trio

(So Bong/Lady Choi/Hong Yeon) searching for Cheol Jong, the royal couple reunion scene and other scenes outside the palace when it is winter in Korea and a Korean replied that the script for those scenes were originally for summer season.

But then they had to halted the filming because an extra cast affected by Covid-19 and continued filming despite the winter season. When this drama was still airing it earlier episode, I had seen tweets the picture of front page of script ep 20 and mentioned that the screenwriter of this drama posted on his/her social media "the scripts had been completed, please take care of it" on twitter. So if not because of winter, they might show us their second bed scene:joy:

If they didn't film the second bed scene because of the cold weather, then they could have at least filmed the husband untying wife hair part after the kiss and SB pinning CJ down and fade out instead of kiss and then fade out.. then it would have done us fanservice preserve the script integrity

• Like 4
  • LOL 3