[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

I remember a fan saying she started watching Mr Queen to cure her heartbreak after Time and CLOY, only to be traumatised by the ending even more  :tounge_xd: She said she’d rather for Cheoljong to die if the story was wrapped up satisfyingly than to get this pointless ending.

I think both SHS and KJH must be swarmed by the offers right now. They might never become huge like some other k-stars with tens of millions followers and they won’t be topping charts with CFs but they are and will always be highly respected in the Film and TV industry for their outstanding talents. I personally want to see both of them to take on something challenging and daring, I want to see their true potential as artists.

I think KJH would make ask amazing villain. He’s got those eyes that can be soft but also cold and hard. He’s one of few actors who have the face for playing both sweet leading men and chilling villains. 

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope his thread is tagged with this thread. In this way, fans like me could easily find his thread. Above tag of his name hasn't been tagged with anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

I hope his thread is tagged with this thread. In this way, fans like me could easily find his thread. Above tag of his name hasn't been tagged with anything.

I never noticed those tags until you mentioned it  :joy: I tagged his thread, so fans find him easily now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Not on bluray but exclusively on TVing?

International anti-fans of MR QUEEN: *weeping in the corner*:bawling:

Spoiler

Toni Collette GIF by Knives Out

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Makes sense:glasses:

credit to the owner

7 hours ago, Sandy Prater said:

Twitter has listed several Mr. Queen actors going onto other roles (chick that plays HWJ and guy that plays BI). Meanwhile I'm sitting here waiting for KJH and SHS to hurry up and snag another role to get my fix...specifically KJH as I need to see him in a romantic lead that doesn't end bittersweet/tragically/early death and have already watched Waikiki twice. Wonder if the exposure with Mr. Queen has made him more marketable and therefore he's being more selective.

What would you like the to see the ML in next? RomCom? Action? Modern? Historical?

For now, there is no news about Kim Jung Hyun next drama/movie after MR QUEEN:relieved:

But it make me wonder when he mentioned about "intense romance" in his interview after he finished filming Mr Queen. 

Does he means the relationship of the romance is more horny and thirsty beautiful and deep than So Bong and Cheol Jong or is more angsty and full of heartbreak like Chinese drama Goodbye My Princess?:grin:

credit to the owner

I'm also wondering whether his character will forced to get married again LOL 

and what is the ending for his character in his next movie/drama after MR QUEEN.

credit to the owner

As for Shin Hye Sun, she has a movie title SHE DIED after drama MR QUEEN and she already finished filming the movie.

The male lead of movie SHE DIED, Byun Yo Han, had acted with Shin Hye Sun before this in the movie A DAY in 2017 as her husband.

https://www.soompi.com/article/873959wpp/actress-shin-hye-sun-play-byun-yo-hans-wife-new-film

Byun Yo Han is also one of Kim Jung Hyun friend since they both studied at Korea National University of Arts:lol:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1378686wpp/kim-jung-hyun-thanks-byun-yo-han-for-his-support-on-the-set-of-crash-landing-on-you

If only Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun can reunite again in another project after MR QUEEN like Shin Hye Sun and Byun Yo Han:bawling:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Our genius ad-lib king! One of the most hilarious scene came from his brain. Also I will never ship up about his eyelashes. I don’t think my eyelashes look this thick even with my mascara on.

Kim Jung Hyun Reviews His Role In “Mr. Queen,” His Criteria For His Next Project, And More

Feb 24, 2021
by M. Kang

Kim Jung Hyun delivers a breath of fresh spring air with his pictorial for Allure Korea!

Following the successful finale of his drama “Mr. Queen,” Kim Jung Hyun received praise for his performance of the two-faced King Cheoljong. The actor stated, “I want to be an actor who catches one’s eye and brings a character to life by expressing the character well.”

He added, “I think I worked hard on concentrating and focusing in on it. Rather than trying to act a certain way, I focused on how I can show the dynamics between Cheoljong and the people around him.”

kim-jung-hyun6.jpg

A scene that garnered much attention was one where King Cheoljong expresses the memory of spending the night together to Kim So Yong (Shin Hye Sun). He shared that it was an ad-lib, explaining, “The scene wasn’t there before, but during rehearsals I thought it might be good if it went like that so I came up with it it. I felt like the notion of being left behind would be emphasized. I didn’t think I would have to do it in a clever manner. I just thought that I would have to explain it the best I can.”

kim-jung-hyun11.jpg

Wrapping up the interview, Kim Jung Hyun commented, “These days, I want to do a project that gives hope or courage. I think I would be comforted while partaking in it. I hope that I’ll be able to work on a project that warms people’s hearts and makes them happy.”

kim-jung-hyun21.jpg

• Like 6

So he wants his next project to be intense romance or hero story? :) Yes, he is so good with action scenes... And his eyes at intense fighting scenes ... Maybe something like City Hunter or Healer? Living double-life like Cheoljong (average person vs hero)

• Like 4

Will there be a chance of them bumped into Bong Hwan one day?

credit to the owner

How about King Cheoljong and Queen Cheorin?

I miss to see them onscreen again:bawling:

credit to the owner

Wow, love this video!:love:

Whoever did it with English subtitle, thank you so much!

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Scenes of Kim Jung Hyun's adlibs in MR QUEEN

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What I really liked about Cheoljong was how his true persona still had some of that silliness. Usually when a dual personality is performed they're the polar opposites and the real personality is made as cool (and boring) as possible, I liked that the true Cheoljong had many sides to him, including silliness. It seems a lot of that came from Kim Junghyun himself, based on his adlibs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Sigh. If this was Jung Hyun’s adlib, then what was the actual line? Everyday, I’m reminded of that painful ending.

Not only that, the scene where Cheoljong tried to cheer up So Bong with his different expressions was also Kim Jung Hyun's adlib:relieved:

credit to the owner

I'm glad we get the chance to acknowledge Kim Jung Hyun's adlibs in MR QUEEN based on the original scripts.

At this rate, he deserved to get the honor as one of the co-screenwriter for MR QUEEN:joy:

credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I have not posted anything in a long time; however, I had to comment on this drama.  I loved it!

It was a different take on time travel.  Image a man's soul being trapped in a female's body; what a great concept.  The actors did a phenomenal job.  Kudos to the directors, production team and the costume department.  The clothes and jewelry were beautiful and well designed. I loved everything about this drama from the evolution of the characters to the hit-it-out-of-the-park ending.

Thank you writers, cast and crew for bringing us a great and satisfying drama.  This drama will be on my recommendation list.

• Like 5

On 2/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, N. S. said:

Interesting theory)

And maybe it has something to do with Eastern philosophy - Yin and Yang (2 parts of one soul). And harmony of Yin&Yang in a person and nature.

SoYeon is Yin and Bonhwan is Yang. I also thought about it for a long time and was confused why Soyeon in the end swears and tells something like "my inner instincts have rewaken" and she got some of BH traits... 

Thank you,  @Sandy Prater  and @N. S.

Throwing this  into what's already a thick soup of thoughts...I still have to watch the final ep with Eng sub, but I'm also leaning toward this frame of mind. I'm very much interested to see what the lens of Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung, who's western and yet have embraced so much of the eastern philosophies will magnify for me in relation to the SY-SB-CJ lives.

Found an article among many on the topic of soul/anima-animus/reincarnation/synchronicity/soulmate/twin flames but still need to dig some more. With the managed expectation that these may or may not shine a light on the writing that was allowed to take over Ep20.

http://carljungdepthpsychology.blogspot.com/2017/03/carl-jung-on-reincarnation-rebirth.html#:~:text=Carl Jung on “Reincarnation” “Rebirth' – Anthology,-Nobody knows whether&text=All your rebirths could ultimately,The Red Book%2C Page 277.

• Like 3

This man was born with the brain of a writer but body of an actor  :rip:

The way the director and the writers just let him do whatever he wanted in Mr Queen. At this rate he should be credited as a co-writer for real :glasses:

Not to mention he’s always praised for his perfect diction and pronunciation that makes his lines easily understood.

• Like 6