[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

3 hours ago, aisling said:

What do they mean by “ending beyond imagination”???? Why it makes me so nervous?

It makes me nervous because we all relied on the spin-off for serving as a hapy epilogue but it looks like the spin-off is more like AU (alternative universe) - there were so many differences between the Bamboo Forest and the actual story.

The spin-off is more like a goodbye gift, a reimagined world where everyone is happy and don’t want to cut each other’s throats. That’s why Hwa Jin was still in the palace and Byeong In was alive in the spin-off.

Also I can’t believe they didn’t show us Cheoljong tasting his wife’s superior cooking... can’t believe Cheoljong hasn’t called her by name...

Forget about soul swapping.. it will turn out that BH is SY's alterego. Just like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde case or any other people with other/multiple personality disorder. Usually people who faced harsh reality and even traumatised by it will create (psychologically) defense mechanism by creating personality opposite their original self to protect themselves (in SY's case even different gender!) Don't ask me why as SY's alterego, BH can even know other languages or future because based from what I onced read based-on-true-story novel about people with other personality disorder, one of the personality can even change perfectly his voice tone into adult masculine russian with an accent even though his host (original person) is mid 20' american men whom never been outside USA before let alone learn how to speak russian. It's still a mystery of how human brain capability can work. 

My two cents. :coolshades:

3 hours ago, aisling said:

What do they mean by “ending beyond imagination”???? Why it makes me so nervous?

It makes me nervous because we all relied on the spin-off for serving as a hapy epilogue but it looks like the spin-off is more like AU (alternative universe) - there were so many differences between the Bamboo Forest and the actual story.

The spin-off is more like a goodbye gift, a reimagined world where everyone is happy and don’t want to cut each other’s throats. That’s why Hwa Jin was still in the palace and Byeong In was alive in the spin-off.

Also I can’t believe they didn’t show us Cheoljong tasting his wife’s superior cooking... can’t believe Cheoljong hasn’t called her by name...

Forget about soul swapping.. it will turn out that BH is SY's alterego. Just like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde case or any other people with other/multiple personality disorder. Usually people who faced harsh reality and even traumatised by it will create (psychologically) defense mechanism by creating personality opposite their original self to protect themselves (in SY's case even different gender!) Don't ask me why as SY's alterego, BH can even know other languages or future because based from what I onced read based-on-true-story novel about people with other personality disorder, one of the personality can even change perfectly his voice tone into adult masculine russian with an accent even though his host (original person) is mid 20' american men whom never been outside USA before let alone learn how to speak russian. It's still a mystery of how human brain capability can work. 

My two cents. :coolshades:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, cenching said:

In the GPG, The Queen tended a half naked wounded Prince and next equally half naked wounded King....:joy: Believe me both men are hot....:onfirex:

Well BI is hot too.. just that we don't get to see his body that much :tounge_xd:

10 minutes ago, cenching said:

But wasn't he in relationship with HJ at that time??? :brokenheart:

Exactly my question.. 

This post got me thinking - if she's good with knives then why she entered the forest with bow and arrow? :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, cenching said:

I think until CJ meets and has those confrontational therapy sessions with So Bong - he doesn't directly "feel"/"understand" love properly - so his crush on SY and his relationship with HJ maybe there but not soul-binding like his current relationship - and since he is by nature duty bound and feels guilt stricken for any wrong done directly/indirectly by/through him - he protects HJ with his life in ep4? 
you can see the difference how he protects his queen versus how he protected HJ 

20 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Well BI is hot too.. just that we don't get to see his body that much :tounge_xd:

Exactly my question.. 

This post got me thinking - if she's good with knives then why she entered the forest with bow and arrow? :lol:

NIW is hot and cute - I really like his off-screen personality - too bad they made him so melo/angsty in the drama 

maybe the bow and arrow is for long-distance attack and the knives for short-distance attack/defense? but yeah, So Bong should be logically working on her strengths (which she clearly didn't in ep 18 and ep19)

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I REALLY wouldn't mind if they could squeeze a similar ending to what we got for the Romance of the Tiger & Rose... it's imo, one of the BEST done endings of these kinda dramas. It's also happy, open for a season 2 if they wish to continue AND so logically and beautifully explained.... :sparklyeyes:

And as far as I see how ep 19 ended, and the preview of ep 20, it can EASILY head that way!

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

I REALLY wouldn't mind if they could squeeze a similar ending to what we got for the Romance of the Tiger & Rose... it's imo, one of the BEST done endings of these kinda dramas. It's also happy, open for a season 2 if they wish to continue AND so logically and beautifully explained.... :sparklyeyes:

And as far as I see how ep 19 ended, and the preview of ep 20, it can EASILY head that way!

and of course, we also badly need a season 2 of Mr. Queen!!!!!!:approves::sipsboba:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

One thing I really like about the characterization of CJ is he has a good balance of being a manly man and a whipped man...:coolshades: He is all soft and puppy when it comes to His Queen to the point of no qualms to dies for her but at the same time he can stands firmly for himself in front of her. His persistent when he saved her from the lake, applying no touching and chasing her all over the palace after their hot night, hugged her, forbidden her to forbids him and professed his love despite her mighty fights and rejections are the solid proof of how strong CJ is as a man. But at the same he is manly enough to shed tears when he saw her stabbed wound....:please: Don't worry @shimshimae I know there are men in this world like CJ.....:approves:

Just now, kara_mella said:

Sorry guys, out of context - what happened to my fan level ?

What's wrong???

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Maybe as a Joseon man of royal blood he grew up believing that it’s normal to love/like/feel affection towards more than one woman? Joseon kings used to have so many concubines and mistresses, so polygamy was considered a norm for them. 

Until he met So Bong who criticised him for it and then he fell so hard for her that he lost interest in other women completely.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, cenching said:

One thing I really like about the characterization of CJ is he has a good balance of being a manly man and a whipped man...:coolshades: He is all soft and puppy when it comes to His Queen to the point of no qualms to dies for her but at the same time he can stands firmly for himself in front of her. His persistent when he saved her from the lake, applying no touching and chasing her all over the palace after their hot night, hugged her, forbidden her to forbids him and professed his love despite her mighty fights and rejections are the solid proof of how strong CJ is as a man. But at the same he is manly enough to shed tears when he saw her stabbed wound....:please: Don't worry @shimshimae I know there are men in this world like CJ.....:approves:

exactly! I think it's that beautiful balance that excites me so much :partyblob: 
@cenchingcan you send them my way please - just one is enough :joy::joy::joy: although I'm really interested in KJH now - ever since I learned he reads a lot and Camus at that (it took me many years to understand Camus properly :joy:)
some of my favourite quotes of Camus:
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”

His (KJH) book suggestions are quite good. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, aisling said:

Cheoljong is of the royal blood. He’s a royal dragon. So his dragon should be impressive too  :glasses:

no doubt, Jang Bong Hwan's approved. as a womenizer like him can be conquered, that elbow must be something huh? even pretty enough defeat the soft bread moment :D 

9 hours ago, kara_mella said:

it's elbow 팔꿈치 - that's what she says - sword is 검,  but it's not the case; moreover when saying 그 패를 [by using 그] - he may refer 1) to something that doesn't belong to him or is near to him that much 2) to something mentioned before [ the sword that you mentioned - but it's not the case- she doesn't say 'sword'); then she tries to find his elbow - he is more like - what are you doing with that hand? [->when she realizes it's not his elbow and says: oh ho!].

aaak thank you thank you! gonna make a note of this :cutekitty: the way he said what are you doing with that hand. omg omg naughty SB 

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

how to solve poking  :yum:

also they solved it with spooning :evillaugh: spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, skinnyjeans said:

It's about to begin! 

The last episode! 

And KJH just posted something in his IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLRamACFSb2/?igshid=q3r0pqyaunlu

Saying that he's going to flip?? 

What does that even mean?? 

Gosh, so many ads. 

yeah, the ads are annoying - I can't skip them and I can't do anything else since I'm so excited :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3