[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

2 hours ago, Twinklebellestar2018 said:

Wasn't Captain Hong able to break the lock of the cell? What happened to that?

Thingking about the same thing. I haven't watched ep 19..probably it's explained there (?). 

If both of them went to find the queen.. probably Byeong In didn't need to sacrifice his life since I am pretty sure with their martial art skill, they can  beat the masked man. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, aisling said:

Can’t believe Mr Queen attracted so many mums!

For a drama that has so unusual love story, and possible BL implications, it looks like Mr Queen captured heart of viewers in their 30s and 40s more than those younger ones. 

We should indeed create Mr Queen Ahjumma Squad  :approves: 

Or more likely Cheoljong’s thirsty ahjumma antifans  :joy:

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):Indeed, Mr. Queen has almost everything Ahjumma need: comedy, romance strong chemistry between the leads that can lead to 'sexy romance, handsome lead male who is not just 'cute', great music, what else fellow Ahjumma? :hwaiting:

And I can't believe tonight is the last episode... Noooo:bawling: I have started to rewatch from ep 1 tho

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Why I just feel that actually KSY similiar like JBH. In the beginning I also think that KBI only liked KSY's outlook, but he said that he even recognized the side that she never knew. Is that possible JBH and KSY actually have same characters?

About why the colour of KSY's hanbook was different in Mr Queen and Mr Queen spin off, I still have 2 theories about that:

(1) Another mistakes from the production.

(2) OR actually this Mr Queen spin off just from what Court Lady Choi's imagination

I'm completely single and I will spend my valentine night with Me Queen.

Will they gathering for wrap up dinner tonight?

Please... I want KJH and SHS at least do IG live together....

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, aisling said:

Can’t believe Mr Queen attracted so many mums!

For a drama that has so unusual love story, and possible BL implications, it looks like Mr Queen captured heart of viewers in their 30s and 40s more than those younger ones. 

We should indeed create Mr Queen Ahjumma Squad  :approves: 

Or more likely Cheoljong’s thirsty ahjumma antifans  :joy:

please do the honours - it's the squad/club we deserve and need in these trying times :joy::partyblob:

31 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Ending beyond imagination:

Turnout So Yong has personality disorder :sweat_smile:

let me throw in my ending theories as well:
1. it's CJ's dream like he mentions in one of the episodes (his way of being with SY who's from the enemy clan)

2. it's Court Lady Choi's fictional memoir/novel which she writes in her old age :joy: (she reads a lot of these stuff)
3. BH visits a psychotherapist after the coma who uncovers his past life memories :sweat_smile:

13 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Why I just feel that actually KSY similiar like JBH. In the beginning I also think that KBI only liked KSY's outlook, but he said that he even recognized the side that she never knew. Is that possible JBH and KSY actually have same characters?

About why the colour of KSY's hanbook was different in Mr Queen and Mr Queen spin off, I still have 2 theories about that:

(1) Another mistakes from the production.

(2) OR actually this Mr Queen spin off just from what Court Lady Choi's imagination

I'm completely single and I will spend my valentine night with Me Queen.

Will they gathering for wrap up dinner tonight?

Please... I want KJH and SHS at least do IG live together....

that's the only way they can do justice for both BH and SY - otherwise one would be sacrificed for the other unless there's some "beyond imagination" solution to this :joy: which satisfies everyone 

has anyone here watched the mini-episodes properly/with subtitles? do they mention it is an alternative universe?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, aisling said:

It makes me nervous because we all relied on the spin-off for serving as a hapy epilogue but it looks like the spin-off is more like AU (alternative universe) - there were so many differences between the Bamboo Forest and the actual story.

The spin-off is more like a goodbye gift, a reimagined world where everyone is happy and don’t want to cut each other’s throats. That’s why Hwa Jin was still in the palace and Byeong In was alive in the spin-off.

So far I just watched 2 parts of the spin off. First one is CJ-SY first meeting and second one is about BY-YeongPyeong.

CJ-SY first meeting is still connected with the main drama plot so I am quite satisfied. However.. about BY-YeongPyong story... I couldn't agree more with u that it feels like altenate universe. Let's say that the scene happened before BY became minister of war. The ridiculous thing is Hong Yeon came with not a maid clothes and can easily lifted the dumbbell. Is She even that close with them at that time? In addition, BY with his personality who already hate the King and his squat wanted to play chess with them. 

The spin off is written by different main writer. I wonder if this writer read all the main scripts before writing this spin off. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, illay said:

So far I just watched 2 parts of the spin off. First one is CJ-SY first meeting and second one is about BY-YeongPyeong.

CJ-SY first meeting is still connected with the main drama plot so I am quite satisfied. However.. about BY-YeongPyong story... I couldn't agree more with u that it feels like altenate universe. Let's say that the scene happened before BY became minister of war. The ridiculous thing is Hong Yeon came with not a maid clothes and can easily lifted the dumbbell. Is She even that close with them at that time? In addition, BY with his personality who already hate the King and his team wanted to play chess with them. 

The spin off is written by different main writer. I wonder if this writer read all the main scripts before writing this spin off. 

Hi!

Similarly I have also watched the first two mini episodes of the first spin-off episode. For those who are wondering, in one 30-min spin off episode, there are three mini episodes.

The first one is about how CJ and SY meet for the first time and they were clearly attracted to each other, even before he knew she was the Queen he was to marry.. and before she knew he is the King she was yearning to meet. So this felt linked to the main drama.

The second one apparently took place when BI was still the Royal Inspector, before he became Minister of War. The interactions were comedic, as in BI and the Prince were trying to outdo each other at workouts. HY came in to find the Queen but met them. It was a bit odd that BI would be hanging out with them when he was suspicious of the King... but maybe he wanted to find some information, while doing so? 

The third one I watched without subs... but I can see that it is about Lady Choi and Royal Chef dating... so is this post-ep 20 war? as she only confessed her feelings before leaving the palace in episode 18. but it could be them having rendezvous on the down-low this whole time, ever since their Bamboo Forest Venting Sessions.

According to wiki, the spinoffs are written by the same two writers. And I believe there still needs to be fidelity when it comes to staying true to story development, spinoff or extension. So, I don't know.... it is said that the spinoffs are epilogues... but the first mini episode would be a prologue isnt it? Confused. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Indeed, with only one episode left and so many ends to tie I believe our theory about the reincarnation must be true. 

Jang Bong Hwan and Kim So Yong were always the same soul, they were the same person from the start. And if Bong Hwan’s body is dying in future anyway, why can’t So Bong stay in Joseon with the love of her many lives? If Mr Queen wanted to fight against gender stereotypes, this is the best and perfect solution for everyone.

Conservative viewers can’t complain because it’s not technically BL story if the main protagonist is in a woman’s body. They also can’t complain about the soul not having one assigned genre because who says you will always be born as the same gender all over again.

As for me and others who believe love is valid regardless the gender, I’d be happy because even though Mr Queen didn’t show it explicitly, they did convey the message clearly about love being love. 

At first I thought the identity crisis would be resolved around episode 15/16, so So Bong could love Cheoljong freely after accepting she was So Yong in her past life. 

But the writers have truly driven their point home about accepting your feelings even though you still think you shouldn’t. The message is even more powerful because So Bong did accept her feelings for Cheoljong even before the identity reveal.

She didn’t accept him because she felt relieved she was this woman in her past life, she accepted her love for Cheoljong even though she thought herself as man inside. And if this isn’t love, then what is? 

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, aisling said:

What do they mean by “ending beyond imagination”???? Why it makes me so nervous?

It makes me nervous because we all relied on the spin-off for serving as a hapy epilogue but it looks like the spin-off is more like AU (alternative universe) - there were so many differences between the Bamboo Forest and the actual story.

The spin-off is more like a goodbye gift, a reimagined world where everyone is happy and don’t want to cut each other’s throats. That’s why Hwa Jin was still in the palace and Byeong In was alive in the spin-off.

Also I can’t believe they didn’t show us Cheoljong tasting his wife’s superior cooking... can’t believe Cheoljong hasn’t called her by name...

Gosh, so the whole spin-off is just a form of fan service?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aisling said:

Indeed, with only one episode left and so many ends to tie I believe our theory about the reincarnation must be true. 

Jang Bong Hwan and Kim So Yong were always the same soul, they were the same person from the start. And if Bong Hwan’s body is dying in future anyway, why can’t So Bong stay in Joseon with the love of her many lives? If Mr Queen wanted to fight against gender stereotypes, this is the best and perfect solution for everyone.

Conservative viewers can’t complain because it’s not technically BL story if the main protagonist is in a woman’s body. They also can’t complain about the soul not having one assigned genre because who says you will always be born as the same gender all over again.

As for me and others who believe love is valid regardless the gender, I’d be happy because even though Mr Queen didn’t show it explicitly, they did convey the message clearly about love being love. 

At first I thought the identity crisis would be resolved around episode 15/16, so So Bong could love Cheoljong freely after accepting she was So Yong in her past life. 

But the writers have truly driven their point home about accepting your feelings even though you still think you shouldn’t. The message is even more powerful because So Bong did accept her feelings for Cheoljong even before the identity reveal.

She didn’t accept him because she felt relieved she was this woman in her past life, she accepted her love for Cheoljong even though she thought herself as man inside. And if this isn’t love, then what is? 

And CJ also implicitly accepted that SB might actually be a guy from the future - so for me, that's a beautiful win from both sides 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

And CJ also implicitly accepted that SB might actually be a guy from the future - so for me, that's a beautiful win from both sides 

I think that is the beauty of the writing for this drama. I believe you were referring to the conversation the King and Queen had at the "campfire." I remember that he said in a past episode that he does not believe that, so the Queen said, take it as if she had a really vivid dream of the future. I believe this conversation is in that line of thought. But I can see how that can be easily be interpreted as he could be believing in the coming from the future stint. Similarly, the conversation between the Queen and BI at the cliff can also be interpreted as literal or metaphorical. I find it hard to accept BI accepted the idea of a soul sway or two souls in a body, so I think he took SB's words as she just changed after her 
suicide attempt at the lake. People can change, without soul swaps.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sunset90 said:

My theory is very simple

Reveal hidden contents

They both are the same soul. SY and Bong Hwan are the same person. SY tried to commit suicide by jumping in the lake and BH was going to damn sure die after falling from such a height even if he fell into a pool. At the brink of death, he was able to see his past life and she was able to see her future self. She drew strength from her future self (next incarnation) and he was able to learn what is important in his life be a better man from his past self. I don't feel anyone needs to return to their body. They both are one and the same but in different timelines.

Ofcourse there are loose ends here and there but if I was the writer, I would have an explanation for those. My writer mind always makes sure to tie all loose ends but not all drama writers are like that.

I wish the screenwriter will the tie the loose ends but our king still fighting for his throne even until final episode. I don't have any problem with the political part but I'm worried since there is only about 1 hours and few minutes left for episode 20.

Can they stuffed everything tonight?:expressionless:

If Cheoljong fate in this drama will be like Wang So in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo,

credit to the owner

then does that means his soulmate will reacts like Wang So soulmate, Hae So too at the end?-_-

Spoiler

credit to the owner

43 minutes ago, illay said:

CJ-SY first meeting is still connected with the main drama plot so I am quite satisfied. However.. about BY-YeongPyong story... I couldn't agree more with u that it feels like altenate universe. Let's say that the scene happened before BY became minister of war. The ridiculous thing is Hong Yeon came with not a maid clothes and can easily lifted the dumbbell. Is She even that close with them at that time? In addition, BY with his personality who already hate the King and his squat wanted to play chess with them. 

I read that the scripts for the spin-off was penned by second screenwriter, Choi Ah Il.

I still haven't watch the spin-off yet. So we should think the spin-off as the AU then?-_-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_universe_(fan_fiction)

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Since the main drama has two screenwriters, I wonder if the first screenwriters, Park Kye Ok wrote the political parts and then let the second screenwriter, Choi Ah Il wrote the romantic comedy parts LOL

Lists of dramas and movies by the screenwriter Park Kye Ok:

https://mydramalist.com/people/23551-park-kye-ok

Spoiler

His next drama after Mr Queen is another upcoming historical drama, Joseon Exorcist (2021) with Jang Dong Yoon

credit to the owner

It is indeed a fate:)

credit to the owner

Spoiler

I usually wasted my money on food LOL:bawling:

credit to the owner

I will try to read these books later. Just googling about these books make my brain hurt:sweat_smile:

credit to the owner

Btw, Cheoljong in real history was more than what he shows to other peoples too. 

It's sad that he was powerless:(

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Based on narration from this Korean youtuber, after the death of Grand Queen Dowager, Cheoljong tried to help his people as much as he can and his wife, Queen Cheorin supported her husband even she when was from Kim's clan.

• He provided grain for the peoples suffering from famine.
  • He provided timber and money to the area where the fire broke out.
  • He helped peoples that affected by flood in their area.
  • He punished corrupt officials who bullied the peoples.

His might didn't had big achievement like winning a war or creating a new writing system but he tried what he can.

credit to the owner

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

I just watched this and my favourite moment was their conversation around the fire.
When she said that he is going to lose, but she will still "put all her eggs in his basket". This is true love.
This is a fun, unreal story, but the emotions are so strong. The intimacy between our main couple, the love seconds leads had for them. Ima miss this one, i enjoyed every part of it. 

Let's wish for a happy ending

• Like 14

I edited my most favourite shot from episode 19. Thank you, Mr Queen cameraman, for giving us those beautiful angles. Kim Jung Hyun broad shoulders against Shin Hye Sun’s tiny frame makes my heart flutter.

YFBr0Nj.jpg

In the end we didn’t get to see Cheoljong’s chest but So Bong’s B)

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Lol exactly.. in my fantasy it is sobong tending to the king with injured chest not the other way round :naughty:

In the GPG, The Queen tended a half naked wounded Prince and next equally half naked wounded King....:joy: Believe me both men are hot....:onfirex:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4