[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

I'm sure CJ will reappear again within Ep 18.

When the tiger leaves the den, the rats come out to play.

This is a good way to find out who supports the King and who opposes.

I am sure CJ has faith in BI that no harm will happen to SB.

BI must have had his eyes opened when he realises that they are even willing to use him in their battle against CJ/SB through something so dishonorable.

HJ did a very queenly thing by refusing to get involved. I'm sure this is not the last we will see of her. It's only Ep 17. I do pity her now. She can never marry even if she finds someone to love. She is forever the King's woman even if they never consummated their relationship. Even if YP were to go to her, he can't marry her unless it's in secret but that would be dishonorable.

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

CJ’s and YP’s reactions about HJ’s request to leave The Palace aren’t over reacting. Especially CJ who has affection for her still despite he had fell out of love. 

She is The Royal Concubine and when you are one of the wives of The King, you are forever the wife of The King. It doesn’t matter whether you had been unboxed or not. In the past where The King can had hundreds of women in his harem, many died of old age without a chance to got a glimpse of him. 

So for HJ who was The Royal Concubine (a position right after The Queen in the harem) to chose to “divorce” The King is to choose a lifetime of humiliation for her and family. If I am not mistaken she can’t marries another and the stigma is great. So CJ is shaken because of her request and feels totally responsible. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

I'm going to have an insomaniac meltdown waiting for the subs ...........

It's unusual that the subs for Mr. Queen newest episode is not yet available up to this hour.... I wonder what's happening. It's not yet available everywhere :persevere:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, cenching said:

So for HJ who was The Royal Concubine (a position right after The Queen in the harem) to chose to “divorce” The King is to choose a lifetime of humiliation for her and family. If I am not mistaken she can’t marries another and the stigma is great. So CJ is shaken because of her request and feels totally responsible. 

Thank you @cenching for the explanation on the fate of concubines / consorts in the palace.   Guess no one would dare to leave the palace due to the stigma in the society.  In this drama, Hwa Jin is courageous in taking this honourable step. 

36 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I'm sure CJ will reappear again within Ep 18.

When the tiger leaves the den, the rats come out to play.

This is a good way to find out who supports the King and who opposes.

I am sure CJ has faith in BI that no harm will happen to SB.

BI must have had his eyes opened when he realises that they are even willing to use him in their battle against CJ/SB through something so dishonorable.

HJ did a very queenly thing by refusing to get involved. I'm sure this is not the last we will see of her. It's only Ep 17. I do pity her now. She can never marry even if she finds someone to love. She is forever the King's woman even if they never consummated their relationship. Even if YP were to go to her, he can't marry her unless it's in secret but that would be dishonorable.

Is the sub out?   I have not seen the full episode yet , I hope BI and CJ are working together.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Finally watched the raw since there are no subs yet...whyyyyy???

Anyway, HJ's exit is the best ending for her and really they were very lenient on her considering all that she's done. 

She gave the ledger to the GD and have schemed to get the queen killed.

Before she asked to leave, she suffered no consequences for these actions.

Although one can say, she was punished in the end by CJ falling out of love with her. Worst punishment possible in a way.

It was a smart decision - she won't have to see CJ and the queen being all lovey-dovey around the palace, she won't have to see their child grow.  She won't have to pretend she's ok with it all.  And she took herself out of the dirty struggle for power in the palace.  She would have been used as a pawn whether she liked it or not, whether she consents or not.  Esp since CJ still cares for her, she is another possible hostage for CJ's good behavior.

Taking herself out of the game is one less thing CJ has to worry about.  Plus, she's safer, less risk of being killed as collateral damage...although from comments here, she would have to live a hard life but at least it would be simpler. IIRC, her father seemed like he would support her even after she is a "fallen" woman.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, aisling said:

I just noticed after So Bong let go of Cheoljong’s hand, he tried to reach her hand again :joy: 

He doesn’t even try to hide it anymore how whipped he’s for his wife :lol: 

I wonder if this was one of Jung Hyun’s adlib!

I thought so too - part of the reason they have such great chemistry is because their body language is natural, it just follows the character's flow and not some "acting" - it's good that both KJH and SHS established that comfort level otherwise I don't think we would have got the scenes we got 

• Like 5

There were comments abt the lack of kissing (besides that epic make-out scene) but considering this is a sageuk, we're already way ahead of the pack LOL.

Aren't most historical dramas very low on the skinship? They barely touch. Though I haven't watched many Korean ones (maybe 1-2)

So actually what strikes me with Mr Queen is that they have a lot of touching, casual and otherwise, between the king and queen.  Which is in line with BH's character being from modern day, plus he's a guy, so he wouldn't have the usual hesitation with touching CJ.

And so he does, touch him, while in the body of SY. He doesn't freak out during that makeout scene, in fact, he positions CJ's head for better angle LOL (he knew that he was covering for him), the love shot, the tango, even during their late night study sessions...lots of casual touching...so they're quite comfortable being in each other's personal space and touching each other.

BH has no hesitation touching CJ that the king has gotten so used to it by now, he doesn't hesitate even in public, even if it isn't the norm in Joseon.

The hand holding in their date this episode and BH's hesitation speaks to the his increasing awareness that he may now have romantic feelings for CJ.

Once CJ comes back and BH has finally realized his feelings for him, he'll really be a tiger then.  Bet CJ has only seen a fraction of what the queen can do. Add all those pregnancy hormones run amok...LOL!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I see from the new stills that HJ comeback and appear to be in offering consolation to the queen..

so she significantly has a character development..she seems so sincere.. 

from the production team  they say that “there will be a thrilling twist” presumably about the comeback of the king .... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK-l2plJJsR/?igshid=qzn56fp1bm6b

CTTO

• Like 2
  • Blob 3