[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

33 minutes ago, Mila said:

Do you know why Prince YP is not the king, but CJ? Prince YP is older (or am I wrong?).

If am not mistaken, and this is a historical fact i believe... he was chosen by the Andong Kim clan ... he was not born in the capital but in Ganghwa  Island ...he was born when his family had fallen out of grace so he was not a learned scholar.... crown princes were to be expected to receive the best of the best, in regards to education , but since CJ had been born in the island , he grew up in poverty and without means to intellectual enrichment ... thus he was illiterate and easy to manipulate so he was the best choice for the Kim clan whom appointed him ... queen suwon adopted him as a son ... that is why he was chosen as the king ... and he was also the youngest among the survival relatives of the yi house. kings were chosen according to cycles as well ... if the a king dies,  someone closer to the linage and to the cycle of rule was chosen... the previous king died at 19- 20 ... so CJ was the closest ... and according to the drama ... he was chosen because KJG  ... chose him based on the fact that he had install fear on young CJ and therefore he knew that he had given him a wound deep enough for CJ to fear him... and as he puts it ... if the strongest and most powerful fear him... then he  KJG is truly the most powerful ...

• Like 6

People who still insist it’s just a body reaction to Cheoljong on Bong Hwan’s part...

Did they forget about their “texting” in Episode 11? So Bong didn’t know the author of the letters that made her heart flutter was Cheoljong. She giggled happily like someone who’s texting with her crush. 

spacer.png

To me, it shows that she isn’t merely attracted to him physically (because of So Yong’s memories), she likes Cheoljong as the whole - from body to mind. From his looks to his charisma and his wits.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

His first love was So Yong

Hwa Jin was an obligations.

His true love is Bong Hwan

First love isnt always true love.

First love needs to grow into true love. 

So Yong isn't the Queen for  Cheol Jong.  He needs a strong and fearless Queen,who can fight her own battles and who help him rule.

Hwa Jin was conditional love and  he felt an obligations to love her base on lie. She saw an  opening and exploited it, twisted into love.  

Cheol Jong is in love with Bong Hwan as a whole person. He  loves the good, bad and ugly parts, he know Bong Hwan flaws.  Bong Hwan showed Cheol Jong  his hypocrisy. Cheol Jong  was punching down (trying to kill So Yong ) , when he needed to Punch up.  He could never get pass his prejudice for So Yong,  because she did not fight for him.   Bong Hwan is a walking contradiction... he cares for his father and he also cares for So Yong  and his Maids. Cheol Jong doesn't have to pretend with Bong Hwan, he can be  a man, a king, a husband and now a father. 

Bong Hwan should be part of her/his  child's life. 

Bong Hwan would be a dangerous Mama Bear, who can take on the Kim and Jo families.

Edited by Rae
  • Like 8

The spoiler preview for the additional episodes seem like an effort to rewrite the history between CJ and SY by the writers.

It doesn't ring true and feels inconsistent with what we've watched so far.  Maybe the writers want to make CJ and SY relationship and past more significant.

But if this spoiler is accurate and they go this route then it would be disappointing.

After he is brought back from exile 2 yrs before BH appears, he meets HJ again. They had a pattern of meeting secretly, they even had a regular meeting spot.  So they got to develop their relationship. Fall in love.

I don't think SY enters the palace until more recently.  Doubt they would have met before then.  Maybe a few weeks or months before BH shows up.

Someone reminded us that she didn't behave nicely, acted like how the Kim clan is expected to do - arrogant, cruel and despotic.

I don't think it's been explained why she behaved this way except for a vague reference by the GQD as maybe an effort for her to be sent home, thus will no longer be queen. But I don't think this was ever confirmed...

So CJ definitely would not have liked her (at the least) and probably avoided her.  Don't think they interacted much and SY didn't get the chance to talk to him and develop a relationship with him. 

So inserting that he fell for her before he knew she was a Kim seems unnecessary and out of character. He doesn't strike me as someone who would fall in love at first sight.  I like that about him.  That he fell for BH bec of all the characteristics he has observed. He pretty much studied her LOL.  And he even told HJ that his feelings for her were not just bec of what happened in the well but the experiences over the years. He met her again, got to know her and fell in love with her.  So like at first sight, to me, doesn't ring true.  Maybe he would be attracted by a beautiful lady but it wouldn't go much beyond that unless he had a significant interactions with her.

I don't quite get the point of adding this...

If they were going to add a prequel, I'm more curious what happened after he left the well that night.  Did HJ actually lead him to people who helped him get away?   They knew where he was so why wasn't he executed too?

I wish the epilogue is about what happens after the series ends with the royal family (HEA) or even set in the present. I would rather watch that.

I wonder when SY realized that HJ lied and that CJ thought it was HJ who helped him in the well. Or did she never know? I thought it was implied but that last sentence before she jumped in the lake might just have referred to HJ getting CJ who was technically her man at that point since HJ wasn't concubine yet.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I remember reading that the future Queen was brought in for marriage when she was 15 yrs old, the King was 21 yrs old. Reading all the historical stuff hasn't helped because it's quite sad to discover how lonely and pitiful they were for not being free to lead their own lives. And the King died due to illness [ it is mentioned that it might have something to do with the Andong Kim Clan].

This excerpt is from wikipedia - "For the Andong Kims, Cheoljong was an excellent choice. His illiteracy made him manipulable and vulnerable to their control. Proof of this was that even though Cheoljong ruled the country for 13 years, until his very last days he had not yet learned how to move with dignity or how to wear royal clothes, so that in even the most luxurious of robes he still looked like a fisherman."

• Like 3

I want a happy ending for Cheol Jong with the woman he gave his heart, body and soul too.  Cheol Jong has suffered the most, his family gets killed,  made into a puppet king. He had to stand alone for two years.   If Bong Hwan has to go back to his body . So let's this  be a bad dream, that he was stuck in woman body. He meets the reincarnated soul of Cheol Jong, who is now a woman. They can be happy in the next life. 

Kim So Yong has not showing the strength of character to stand by Cheol Jong side.  Kim So Yong ran away from her problems by killing herself. Didn't think of the trauma this would cause her father. He lost his wife in child birth and than has his daughter's suicide. He wasn't great father but he wasn't so horrible he deserves that. He pushed his  own expectations on his child. Many parents have committed this sin. 

She can't expect the King forget her family murder his. She given a bad hand.   But she treated the servants badly in hopes of getting send back. All she did was punch down and not up.  Maybe she just pretend to have them fogged. I hope.  I just can't forgive So Yong for killing herself.  Nothing in life her had  justed suicide at point. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2021 at 10:14 PM, Phillip Lundgren said:

Thanks @kyakyari for the clip. BI and SY at 1:43??? :love: Did I miss something? :sweat_smile:

On 2/4/2021 at 3:37 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the video @kyakyari!:)

my pleasure :)

been away from soompi almost a week finally can properly open and posting here again

yeeay new teaser for spin-off

credit to the Tving

i kinda confuse with spin off teaser. i first thought the timeline is before SY/SB become queen. and at this preview SY already become queen also there is Oh Wool too, when HJ already become royal concubine. aaak im so excited yet sad anticipate this spin-off since it means our Sat and Sun would not be the same when Mr Queen finished T.T

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cheorinshair said:

This is why I don't like CJ for SY ..He easily fell in and out of love...

When CJ returned the book to SY, I remember CJ said : “ I won’t confused you to other people anymore (?)

so maybe it was SY who he loves, but due to traumatic experience, he loves HJ (as he thought HJ was little SY).

when he said to HJ that he loves her even without that well incident eight years ago, I think that is his way to find out who really did save him at that time. It’s kinda giving HJ assurance that he loves her for who she is, not because she saved him, so maybe HJ would come clean to him. Simply put : it was a bait, he was looking for her confession. He was 75% doubting her.

• Like 5

Launched the teaser for the MrQueen spin-off
What to talk about this teaser? I'm confused. I want to watch the spin-off now.
It looked like the spin-off will cover not only the story of when CJ and SY first met, but also some of them already queen.
Why did they release this teaser now? Just to torment us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kyakyari said:

been away from soompi almost a week finally can properly open and posting here again

credit to the Tving

i kinda confuse with spin off teaser. i first thought the timeline is before SY/SB become queen. and at this preview SY already become queen also there is Oh Wool too, when HJ already become royal concubine. aaak im so excited yet sad anticipate this spin-off since it means our Sat and Sun would not be the same when Mr Queen finished T.T

It looks like a prequel and sequel.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kyakyari said:

credit to the Tving

Thank you for sharing the spin-off teaser!

It looks funny!

Yea I have been confused with the spin-off version since yesterday.

But after look at the teaser, I am somehow a bit relief and I think I want to try to just enjoy the spin off without thinking or assume too much for the sake of my sanity hahaha:sweat_smile: It is overall a bonus for us. Must be a happy one, right???

I hope the ending will be a happy!

If not, people will hunt the writer down! :evilelmo:

and I'll never watch on going drama ever again! *finger cross

• Like 4

Actually without believing one soul one body or yadaa yaddee da, there are some scientific/non scientific explanation about why despite the soul is JBH but the memory is both JBH and KSY. I remember there were lots of story of how recipients of body parts donors experiencing a kind of deja vu or flashbacks or memory or craving that didn't feel like his/hers but feels like his/hers at the same time.

I also have a friend who received blood transfusion because of massive blood loss dues to vehicular accident. After that her mom who is a close friend of my mom said that her daughter has a drastic change of personality. She used to be a mild temper lady but after she is like a fierce one. Her mom said the owner of that blood must be a savage barbarian....:skull: 

So in Mr Queen's case the soul is totally JBH but since KSY's body retains her feelings and memory, JBH can feels it and the body remembers it. Hence even though JBH is a 100% male, he feels attracted strongly to CJ and his/her body reacted to it. So the theory of SY takes over in certain time is not possible IMHO, that is an excuse from JBH's to denied his feelings for CJ.

• Like 8