[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

@aisling  you're not the only one feeling uneasy if it did happen like how they set it up. So I too hope they're trolling us but more recent comments imply that they did have sex...oh dear...it's wrong on several levels...let's see how it goes. But I still hope it didn't happen and that SY/BH is just panicking.

I haven't seen it yet and might be better to watch 13 and 14 consecutively after it's subbed, but I don't know if I can wait that long LOL.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Also can we talk about Cheoljong’s manners  whenever So Bong is concerned?  First he ran like Usain Bolt when she fainted in the kitchen and now...

Can you believe the king literally tried to climb over just to catch her? :joy:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, abc said:

So they dared to go full Chinese version

Hide contents

Will we get to a point where our Queen will try to make the King sleep with her?:ph34r:

I am surpised they did this scene now, but i guess her dream was foreshadowing. I still wait for the subs but i see that the cousin now wants to be a King and even her family wants her dead. A heir maybe is what she needs now in order to remain a Queen.

that'll be something!

I don't understand how the cousin thinks he can "become" the king? Is it that easy? What about the royal bloodline? And I wonder if there is some hidden secret to his adoption - like he's some prince who everyone forgot. But I'm telling you guys, this guy is going down the wrong route - So Bong saying no to him is making him want her more (so so so many red flags!)

16 hours ago, aisling said:

Also can we talk about Cheoljong’s manners  whenever So Bong is concerned?  First he ran like Usain Bolt when she fainted in the kitchen and now...

Can you believe the king literally tried to climb over just to catch her? :joy:

I love this side of him - he seems to lose all propriety and senses where So Bong is involved. 

16 hours ago, cdcotr said:

@aisling  you're not the only one feeling uneasy if it did happen like how they set it up. So I too hope they're trolling us but more recent comments imply that they did have sex...oh dear...it's wrong on several levels...let's see how it goes. But I still hope it didn't happen and that SY/BH is just panicking.

I haven't seen it yet and might be better to watch 13 and 14 consecutively after it's subbed, but I don't know if I can wait that long LOL.

yeah! I'm all up for trolling - just make So Bong realise the romance is real between them - So Bong please fix your identity issues soon! jaebal 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

that'll be something!

I don't understand how the cousin thinks he can "become" the king? Is it that easy? What about the royal bloodline? And I wonder if there is some hidden secret to his adoption - like he's some prince who everyone forgot. But I'm telling you guys, this guy is going down the wrong route - So Bong saying no to him is making him want her more (so so so many red flags!)

Maybe with a revolution he can unsurp the throne and if he has the support of the biggest family and people's it's a done deal. He needs to make a mistake or die without a heir.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

No matter how confusing this drama about Bong Hwan's soul and So Yong's soul or was it Bong Hwan feeling or So Yong feeling when So Bong and Cheol Jong are in sweet scenes, Knetz are craving for Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun interactions and chemistry in this drama just like us LOL:P

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Great edit

credit to the owner

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

The cousin is such a delusional creep! 

I knew from the start that there was more to the scene where the cousin kissed So Yong. I didn’t believe it for a second So Yong liked him back. So Yong had only Cheoljong in her heart and she never wavered.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m so furious! Not only the cousin took advantage of So Yong when she was THE MOST VULNERABLE, but he fixated obsessedly on this kiss even though she rejected him after that and ran away from him!!!

If Cheoljong knew about this, he would kill the cousin! Not only he dared to kiss someone else’s bride, but he literally kissed the king’s woman!

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

my thoughts about tonight episode after watching with hangul-less and saved by an amazing recaps from Dramamilk, thank you so much Dramamilk
credit: https://www.dramamilk.com/live-recap-mr-queen-ep-13-part-1/ 

bravo for someone that have been mentioned about the bom is King's plan, i have a goosebumps as I watched it and remember your post here. are you ghost, fortune-teller or what chingu! :O

Even if this is his plan yet he still looking for her desperately :(. move to Byeong In, after So Yong rejected and leave the room after they kissed, why he still thinking that So Yong and him have something? as if So Yong open her heart to him? he even dare back hug and calling So Yong to Queen like that? (i mean well, So Yong did asked him to call her by her name, but now different BI, she already being Queen).

when Queen and HJ in King's room, both of them talk about HJ suspect clan Kim behind this since So Yong ever said you will be lose someone that you love, I hope King hear that, why Hwa Jin keeps act as if she is the wife, omg this annoying feeling. and yees HJ is more insecure now after seeing and reading his Queen Dictionary book (also his brother read that dictionary too. oh my i hate him since he somehow prohibit King to choose what he wants). i feel bad for her, since she seems sincerely love and care for Cheoljong. Can you be a big girl with big heart, maybe you're still his concubine and you can make him fall in love with you yet SB right, why HJ prefer to hold to a relationship that's twisted and tangled up and makes herself insecure all the time? or everyone here right, HJ just doesn't want to lose from So Yong, the number one So Yong.

SB told KJG that she helped King out of the well, and decided to leave CJ. even she told to him to wake up as if nothing happened and get betrayed by me when she visits his room again and reads the dictionary. again, I hope King hear it

after SB confronts her dad is eureka moment to me, after regaining So Yong memories, feels relieve yet painful for SY. she has to live her Dad's dream and based on SB understanding is for the wealth he sold his own daughter, seeing her dad shedding tears makes me feels sad too since he seems like really care of her or does he just realize his fault, his care has became a toxic for his daughter.

ommo when Byeong in is rejected a 2nd time by So Yong (Bong), he is getting out of control, even Queen has asked her to stop doing anything for Queen, it wont stop him targeting King. please writer-nim, dont make our eoraboni become a villain :tired:

all the plot frame SB as the culprit of Kim's clan plan to ruin and control King, even queen dowager too framing our SB. that wrong mailing adress, Bong Hwan skincare body care invention to impress Grand Queen Dowager in order to seek Han Clan so GQD doesn't pay attention about it. 

the moment when Hwa Jin comes in hurry to King's room and hug him, from his face, we can tell the looks of King's eyes already different, he doesn't even hug her tightly :D i hate her when she told KJG about Queen help royal banquet.

the most satisfying parts are when King finally know that Queen is the one who help him based on the letters. and our dugum dugum moment we've been waiting, the bed scene. that sweet talk that drunken SB said to Hong Yeon instead the truth is King is so sweet. no wonder Cheoljong feel touched by it. although @aisling right, I agree with you. So Bong seeing Hong Yeon in the way s(he) wants to have sex with her (i thought s(he) seeing her as a little sister) make me feel uneasy. seriously Hong Yeon face is so innocent when she smile and likes a baby. i can't imagining them in sexual tension vibe :D. but still there is a trace of happiness for tonight ending episode. kyaaaaa!! cant wait 19 hours from now.

------------------

btw, is there a way to be king in this case it's about his skin? like seriously i envy King's skin, after explosion like that, just overnight the scars had disappeared. meanwhile me, just pop up my blackheads, it makes me to use numerous skincare products and have to wait for a month until the PIE PIH is faded away. T.T

btw btw again, i first thought isn't SB in episode 8 is in period? and they go back to Palace and straight to take care investiture of royal concubine. i thought does it means, they can't do the first night :D

but then i think if the investiture takes as much as the period day, means when they, if really they did it... no wonder the chances of getting pregnant are high. queen in her fertile days. aaaaak Fighting So Bong!:rolleyes:

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m so furious! Not only the cousin took advantage of So Yong when she was THE MOST VULNERABLE, but he fixated obsessedly on this kiss even though she rejected him after that and ran away from him!!!

i just watched the scene with chinese subs and I'M SO ANGRY it's not just rejecting him, she literally said (tw: mention of suicide)

Spoiler

"don't come here. don't come near me, or i'll kill myself."

and he recalls it as a fond memory??????? what the flipping.....

Edit: added this in just cos i didn't wanna create an extra post but 

6 minutes ago, kyakyari said:

btw, is there a way to be king in this case it's about his skin? like seriously i envy King's skin, after explosion like that, just overnight the scars had disappeared. meanwhile me, just pop up my blackheads, it makes me to use numerous skincare products and have to wait for a month until the PIE PIH is faded away. T.T

HAHA YES THIS. when he was so angry and shouting i was so afraid his stitches would burst :joy: turned out his skin was already completely healed over :joy:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

This was quite an insane level of acting from Kim Jung Hyun. I was honestly terrified of him at this moment. I have so much respect for him as an actor. He doesn’t care about the flattering angles or if he looks handsome in all shots. He’s just delivering his best performance. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kyakyari said:

the most satisfying parts are when King finally know that Queen is the one who help him based on the letters. and our dugum dugum moment we've been waiting, the bed scene. that sweet talk that drunken SB said to Hong Yeon instead the truth is King is so sweet. no wonder Cheoljong feel touched by it. although @aisling right, I agree with you. So Bong seeing Hong Yeon in the way s(he) wants to have sex with her (i thought s(he) seeing her as a little sister) make me feel uneasy. but still there is a trace of happiness for tonight ending episode. kyaaaaa!! cant wait 19 hours from now.

------------------

btw btw again, i first thought isn't SB in episode 8 is in period? and they go back to Palace and straight to take care investiture of royal concubine. i thought does it means, they can't do the first night :D

but then i think if the investiture takes as much as the period day, means when they, if really they did it... no wonder the chances of getting pregnant are high. queen in her fertile days. aaaaak Fighting So Bong!:rolleyes:

About So Bong being interested in HY - even I felt a similar unease - not that SB saw HY as a sister (SB doesn't look at her like that even in the earliest episodes, SB was quite "happy" to be taken care by HY) but SB never made a direct move on her - I felt the unease because it's like "seducing the maid" scenario.

I think SB is unable accept the emotions s/he's experiencing and is failing to get a proper resolution. I saw in the promo that she sends another letter probably mistakenly to the king (if the comment I read somewhere is accurate - the letter read "I miss you, I miss you.") This is probably the first drama I can recollect where the lead pair is brought together consistently by miscommunication and misrepresentation lol

your btw btw again reminded me of So Bong's classic self-reasoning - "before that...before before that" :D

Also, I love this picture for some reason - it's quite aesthetically pleasing. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

1 hour ago, enzek said:

No matter how confusing this drama about Bong Hwan's soul and So Yong's soul or was it Bong Hwan feeling or So Yong feeling when So Bong and Cheol Jong are in sweet scenes, Knetz are craving for Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun interactions and chemistry in this drama just like us LOL

it's not just the knetz, aren't we all taken by the lovely pair? :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, aisling said:

The cousin is such a delusional creep! 

I knew from the start that there was more to the scene where the cousin kissed So Yong. I didn’t believe it for a second So Yong liked him back. So Yong had only Cheoljong in her heart and she never wavered.

If Cheoljong knew about this, he would kill the cousin! Not only he dared to kiss someone else’s bride, but he literally kissed the king’s woman!

It's rare but it is happening now.

A Korean romance drama where both of second male lead and second female lead annoyed me so much LOL

A good read.

credit to the owner

Knetz comments for this scene cracks me up LOOL

credit to the owner

This look sweet but why I feel like the continuation of this scene on tomorrow episode is she gonna push Cheol Jong hard and do wild stuff like screaming or something LOL

credit to the owner

Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun chemistry are really daebak!!!

I want to see they acting together again in another drama with a good script.

I don't care whether the drama is gonna be another historical romance or a modern romance.

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 10
  • Blob 1

EP 13

I thought we need more ally, not enemy? I hope Kim Jwa Geun's plan to kill So Bong backfire on him, so Kim Byeong In will join as ally for So Bong's sake. Kim Jwa Geun wants to kill the queen because he knows it will destroy both king and Kim Byeong In's will. Then Kim Byeong In won't work for grand queen dowager without So Bong. However, if Kim Byeong In finds out that both Kim Jwa Geun and grand queen dowager attempted to kill So Bong, then he would no longer trust them, which means he will work alone at the least.

I just don't want either Kim Byeong In or Prince Yeong Phyeong to become male version of Jo Hwa Jin. One is ridiculous enough. i don't want three.

I'm pretty sure now that the drama is trying to tell the viewers that queen's body is only possessed by Jang Bong Hwan's soul while So Yong's soul is trapped? in the lake. I guess the whole lake ghost story holds some truth. However, So Bong crossed out Jang Bong Hwan's name, which means So Bong decided to live/survive as queen. I'm glad the drama made it clear. So Bong (Jang Bong Hwan) clearly said out loud "So Yong, since you quit midway, andcontinue with this life. I'm going to survive." Drama even showed So Yong's soul drowning while So Bong (Jang Bong Hwan's soul) getting out of the lake.

I'm glad So Bong finally got to reject Kim Byeong In's feeling. That signals the true start of So Bong and Cheol Jong's relationship. I also like that drama didn't continue stalling Kim Hwan's confession and rejection. Please don't make this another rejected Kim Hwan going down the evil path. I'm hoping Kim Hwan will accept it quickly despite being upset, and he will remind Kim Byeong In of "I'm ok as long as So Yong is happy."

So the blind nurse lady is not deaf? She is also a spy. Since she's blind, she kind of put a lot of spaces in her words, but I think she wrote "the queen in danger." The blue clothes means King's bodyguard, so either Prince Yeong Phyeong or Special Director Hong. I'm hoping it's Special Director Hong. He seems to care more about Cheol Jong's well-being than a missing crime book. He could be the encouraging type, opposite to Prince Yeong Phyeong's discouraging type regarding king's love for So Bong. I mean Special Director Hong also seems to genuinely like Kim Hwan, so he might understand Cheol Jong's feeling.

I'm happy that Cheol Jong figured out that it was So Bong who helped him with the cooking! He must have ran to her palace when he figured it out, and drunk So Bong must thought Cheol Jong was Hong Yeon. So... did they do it? I guess they really need to figure out a way to get So Bong pregnant if drama is planning to go with that route. However, I hope they didn't do it. This wasn't them both being drunk, only So Bong was drunk and even thought Cheol Jong was Hong Yeon, so I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Anyway, I was kind of disappointed with how missing crime book plot was resolved. It was big plot device that can erupt both chaos and order. I thought it will be resolved with big revelation near the end of the drama. Then again, that book that grand queen dowager found might be a copy.

I can't wait for the next episode! We're going to get to see Cheol Jong's desperate heartfelt scene! I wonder if Jang Bong Hwan will get to go back to modern era again? The preview showed another "monk" with queen dowager, so it might happen again. 

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, louisawatson said:

I'm happy that Cheol Jong figured out that it was So Bong who helped him with the cooking! He must have ran to her palace when he figured it out, and drunk So Bong must thought Cheol Jong was Hong Yeon. So... did they do it? I guess they really need to figure out a way to get So Bong pregnant if drama is planning to go with that route. However, I hope they didn't do it. This wasn't them both being drunk, only So Bong was drunk and even thought Cheol Jong was Hong Yeon, so I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Just for info those who did not watch the chinese version, she slept with him thinking it was the maid as well. I guess he still holding on to his man side n when she realize that they sleep together, she threw up n shes si mad. yes she got pregnant due to that.. True she is drunk but he didnt. It shows that he did it with consent coz he loves her. In korean drama we could see clearly how much the king love her n she has feeling for him too but in chinese their feeling is still not that deep at that moment. But after that we could see the king only treat the concubine as his responsibility, nothing more.

Still, idk. The korean version might take diff route...from chinese version but the pregnancy thing is something i look forward to.. It is an interesting plot to see how they would react...gosh hwajin n byung in would be super duper mad when they find out... 

I havent watch the episode yet coz i dont want to feel the suffering of waiting for ep 14 especially with that ending... But idk if i can control myself...

Edited by Noor Hasliza Zakaria
Spelling error
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I just finished episode 14 and watching it with subs made me felt disappointed in So Bong. She still chose to side with the winner side, as she put it. After all she witnessed. She agreed to spy on Cheoljong in order to to live a long life. How are you going to live a long life with full of regrets, So Bong ah?

yr4RrQ6.jpg

It’s like someone mentioned it earlier - Jang Bong Hwan was self-centred for all

his life, he has never loved anybody enough to sacrifice or fight back for that person. 

The contrast between how So Yong replied was stark.

1r90kqC.jpg

Let’s see if So Bong will be able to truly love Cheoljong to the point of risking her own life for him.

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

Also can we talk about how Cheoljong was the mastermind behind the explosion? Kudos to those who predicted this. I just can’t comprehend how on Earth did he calculate the outcome? What if he didn’t survive it? It’s the explosion after all, anything unpredictable could have happened! Did he just rely on luck to survive it? That’s just insane!

And what about the loss of hearing? Did he order the royal physician to lie that his hearing was damaged? 

Why wasn’t this part translated? Is it because it was hard to read?

RQKDCEC.jpg

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

50 minutes ago, aisling said:

Why wasn’t this part translated? Is it because it was hard to read?

Yeah, I think it's too hard to translate. I have no idea what the words are.

It's definitely different from what we saw blind nurse lady was writing "the queen in danger," so it could be details of danger?

I think this one was purposely written more confusingly because it's spoilers. or it could be old korean words that i'm not familiar with. Maybe the old fashioned way they speak what time it is or maybe the palace name? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1