[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Happy New Year everyone!

I think it's a flashback as well, idk about her hair, but the King's face is way too cold for it to be now. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think he will let her go anywhere alone for this episode.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

From webdrama and the novel

Hide contents

The Queen would be drunk and finally would have first night with the king. As I remember that happened when they stayed at Queen's home

Yes, it's episode 5 of Go Princess Go.

Major spoiler alert 

(for those who haven't watched the original, I advise you not to reveal the hidden content until episode 7, unless you don't mind with potential major spoilers)

Spoiler

The queen didn't remember, and she thought she somehow was doing it with Lu Li. Haha. The next day, the queen saw a hickey on the king's neck, and she teased him a lot. The king got angry because the queen didn't remember, and she teased him doing it with Jiang Shi. Then the king got her off the horse carriage on their way back to the palace, lol. And she vomited a lot realizing what happened after Lu Li told her hahaha. I wonder how the kdrama will execute it :luvarrow:

Reading the Soompi article:

"After her mysterious cardiac arrest, there will be a definitive change in Kim So Yong," teased the producers of "Mr. Queen." "Something will happen that brings Kim So Yong and Cheoljong one step closer together.

I assumed they'll also go with a similar route. The queen and the king will get their first consummate night in the queen's house. And the definite change is that the queen (the chef) will get pregnant.

The kdrama has so many similarities in its storyline. It's just a little bit different in its execution. For example, the convenience and delivery service idea by the queen. Or about the king who did flashbacks before he dives into the water when the queen is in real danger. After that, he's more attentive towards her. And I believe they will go with the same bold route to cultivate and grow femininity in Sobong, and make the leads closer.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

It's more likely an unmarried woman needs to braid and lower down their hair. Also, the article above mentioned it is after the queen regains consciousness.

Nah, I am betting its So Yong in flashback........look at both their faces...he is cold, she is soft.......it can't be Bong Hwan

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

My heart can't take it omg, it leaves me so much emotion :tears:

Original video, pre-release of episode 7

https://tv.naver.com/v/17634844

Hi everyone!

Another Mr. Queen fans here.

Omg the clips! I caaaannnn'tttt!

I can't not to ship these two!

I can feel the chemistry between them.

I don't care if later on the chef soul is stuck there in the Queen's body forever.

Well, if there's connection between them, and chef's feeling change towards the King, I'm okay with that route for them to have happy ending!

I just wish that the ending won't be like Go Princess Go.

Anyways, let's see and enjoy each episode :)

Counting hours to see Mr. Queen tonight, and tomorrow with the subs!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Blob 1

I'm so happy... We get the pre-release video this morning, but I need the English substitle. I just understand, the king asked "My Queen, please wake up." But I don't understand others....

With his friend, the king said "The Queen is a woman, but I don't see her as a woman."

Later he run to save the Queen and asked about "No Touchie" rule. And plus how angry he was when Jo ministries asked to dethrone the Queen... Plus how sweet he gave the hair pin to the Queen and asked one more opportunity to know her without prejudice.

With his brother, the king said "I don't have any romantic feeling with the King."

And.... And later... Yeah with the preview and this pre-release video, he looked so worry and I believe that first night planning with Royal Concubine Jo would fail. [And that will make Royal Concubine Jo start to change become bad, to keep The King's love - remember what the Royal Concubine Jo said to the King when she asked permit their first night]

The brother asked "will you betray the Royal Concubine?" Hhhhmmmmm, without he answered, what he did already showed the answer for me.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Omg! New clip so cuteeeeeeeee!!! Tomorrow please come faster!!! *W* 

Here's a rough translation of the clip:

--- 

King: Is she breathing? [Leans forward] so she's breathing. If it was sleep, you wouldn't be this silent, Queen... (note: meaning she usually snores in her sleep so it's unusual that she doesn't while "asleep" XD). 

So Bong: *Eeeh*

King: What is it? Are you in pain?

So bong: Mother, you wanted a daughter so badly. Are you satisfied (note: did not get the word properly, but I heard "satisfied") now? 

King: When we're in pain and struggling, it's normal to miss our mother. [Gently pats pats *w*]. You have to overcome this, Queen. Just as you ought to be, please wake up courageously/strongly. Don't you also have to keep our promise to go on with our No-Touch? Your weird speech/language and your arrogant attitude, I will forgive them all. [Grabs her shirt T_T] Please wake up. 

---

ME: *CRIES IN JOSEON ERA xD* 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Blob 1

Thank you for the translation @bomnie

Aww so sweet:bawling:

But "Mother, you want a daughter so badly"?

So Bong Hwan's mother in modern time want a daughter huh:sweat_smile:

We don't even see his parent. Are they still alive?:open_mouth:

Sorry, but my "how annoying" level for the queen's adopted cousin increased day by day LOL

credit to the owner

Anyway today is the day, just has to wait for few more hours!

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Same with you... I want the ending like the novel ending, because I think ending of the webdrama was a mess...

In history, Royal Noble Consort Jo indeed had 2 sons with the king (the 3rd and 4th son). But the 1st son from Royal Noble Consort Kim. And the 2nd son from the Queen...

Nah from drama so far we only have the Queen and Royal Noble Consort Jo, so we still dunno from whom the king would have the 1st son...

I'm glad The Queen has a son with the King.

Thank you @maria_m2me 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@enzek I agree with you that the cousin is getting on some real nerves xD! But at the same time if he's going to act like a catalyst to push our leads to their romantic path *w* well you go ahead mr. Cousin! 

Spoiler

Aaaaannnd if the king and So Bong are really going to spend the night together, I can't wait till the king just rubs it in mr. Cousin's face xD it's going to be hella satisfying!! 

On another note, a scene I really want to see is whether the king will ever let So Bong on his palanquin so they can sit side by side xD i remember on the first episode, the king pushed So Bong off the sedan chair because he did not like her and found her too dirty xD hope to see him clingy towards her soon!!!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

3 Moments From “Mr. Queen” That Made Viewers’ Hearts Flutter

Jan 2, 2021
by E. Cha
bae2dd6140084175ba7d36d60c223cf3.jpeg?s=

On top of delivering lots of laughs, action, and palace intrigue, tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen” has also kept viewers’ hearts racing with its fair share of swoon-worthy moments!

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fantasy-comedy drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her, while Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong.

Week after week, Kim Jung Hyun has been stealing hearts as the romantic King Cheoljong, who has become increasingly intrigued by the sudden change in his queen’s behavior.

Spoilers

Here are three of the most memorable moments from “Mr. Queen” in which Kim Jung Hyun made viewers’ hearts skip a beat:

1. Cheoljong giving Kim So Yong his umbrella

Shin-Hye-Sun-Kim-Jung-Hyun-2.jpg

Cheoljong was both shocked and moved when Kim So Yong unexpectedly saved both him and Jo Hwa Jin (Seol In Ah) from danger at the end of Episode 4. Confused by her unpredictable behavior, but starting to see her in a new light, Cheoljong made up his mind to apologize to her and sought her out in the rain.

When he found Kim So Yong dancing for joy in the pouring rain (believing that she had finally found a way to return home), Cheoljong saw her as a pure-hearted, innocent soul finding delight in something as simple as falling rain. After attempting to apologize to her, he brusquely forced her to take his umbrella in an attempt to keep her dry, then melted viewers’ hearts by breaking out into a sweet smile once he’d turned around and started walking away.

2. Cheoljong fearlessly diving into the lake to rescue Kim So Yong

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1446514wpp/3-moments-from-mr-queen-that-made-viewers-hearts-flutter

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Thanks @bomniefor the translation... So The Queen mentioned about mother. Nah suddenly I think that's why the king let the queen back to her house, to make her comfortable. The queen ever said since the first time came here, I never felt comfortable...

Yes, I think too. Maybe after her cousin came, to show his concern about her health and to make her comfortable, he let her to stay at her house. 

I think the King will show his romantic side and tease her. (So Bong pretend to be shy as her father is watching her/him)

He need to behave like So Yong as not to make her father sad and suspect his daughter is not his daughter.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I can’t remember the last time I couldn’t wait for the new episode that I had to watch it live! And then the next day watch it again with subs :lol: 

Also about the the king visiting So Yong’s house.

Spoiler

I don’t think there will be the first night at So Yong’s house. Bong Hwan hasn’t felt any romantic inclination towards Cheoljong and Cheoljong is still in denial about his feelings. I can’t see it happening. If we’re lucky we’ll probably get to see the king staying the night.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, bomnie said:

@enzek I agree with you that the cousin is getting on some real nerves xD! But at the same time if he's going to act like a catalyst to push our leads to their romantic path *w* well you go ahead mr. Cousin! 

Reveal hidden contents

Aaaaannnd if the king and So Bong are really going to spend the night together, I can't wait till the king just rubs it in mr. Cousin's face xD it's going to be hella satisfying!! 

On another note, a scene I really want to see is whether the king will ever let So Bong on his palanquin so they can sit side by side xD i remember on the first episode, the king pushed So Bong off the sedan chair because he did not like her and found her too dirty xD hope to see him clingy towards her soon!!!

I hope they can give us these scenes:

1)sit on the palanquin together

2)communicate using the finger cross (she told him before that means "what I'm saying is a lie")

3)eat the food that she cooks

5 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

I'm glad The Queen has a son with the King.

Thank you @maria_m2me 

In real history the king and the queen had a son together but he died when he was about 6 months:bawling: 

Not only their son, all King Cheoljong male heirs died when they were still baby. I read that was suspected to be kind of foul play or something. 

His female heirs survived but it is not from the queen since they only had son together. Poor King Cheoljong and especially Queen Cheorin:frown: And in real history he died in his early thirties while the queen died in her early forties

You can read more about him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheoljong_of_Joseon

Just few more hours!

credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, aisling said:

I can’t remember the last time I couldn’t wait for the new episode that I had to watch it live! And then the next day watch it again with subs :lol: 

Also about the the king visiting So Yong’s house.

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think there will be the first night at So Yong’s house. Bong Hwan hasn’t felt any romantic inclination towards Cheoljong and Cheoljong is still in denial about his feelings. I can’t see it happening. If we’re lucky we’ll probably get to see the king staying the night.

Actually about the visit to Queen's house

Spoiler

In webdrama, when the king and the queen had their first night, both of them still not fall in love for each others. Because as I remember after that night, the king still chose his mistress, and slap the queen. Oh yah, the king also wanted to kill the queen. Also the queen, absolutely no. Even the queen had baby with the king, the queen not love the king yet...

5 minutes ago, enzek said:

I hope they can give us these scenes:

1)sit on the palanquin together

2)communicate using the finger cross (she told him before that means "what I'm saying is a lie")

3)eat the food that she cooks

In real history the king and the queen had a son together but he died when he was about 6 months:bawling: 

Not only their son, all King Cheoljong male heirs died when they were still baby. I read that was suspected to be kind of foul play or something. 

His female heirs survived but it is not from the queen since they only had son together. Poor King Cheoljong and especially Queen Cheorin:frown: And in real history he died in his early thirties while the queen died in her early forties

You can read more about him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheoljong_of_Joseon

Just few more hours!

credit to the owner

Yes few hours more... Excited...

About 3 things, Im also waiting for that... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 1/1/2021 at 6:42 AM, PororoQueen said:

I just had time to watch drama again, and I am so glad to randomly watch this drama ... I haven't laughed so hard lately (many months),  really thanks to ShinHyeSun LOL. But what the heck is Choi Jin Hyuk doing here only as a Cameo? :D

My question exactly about why oppa is listed only as a cameo! :kicks:

Even the k-netz were demanding that he should be listed as main cast. :joy:

In any case, so excited about today's episode. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Doesn't our couple look handsome in these colors? :love:

c9c32fd502e94832bf7eefedcb60b268.jpeg?fi

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

My question exactly about why oppa is listed only as a cameo! 

Even the k-netz were demanding that he should be listed as main cast. 

In any case, so excited about today's episode. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Doesn't our couple look handsome in these colors? 

Yes lol ... Each time I hear Zoppa's voice with the Queen's expression ... I just squirmed with glee>>

Bear Jumping for Joy 2 clipart, cliparts of Bear Jumping for Joy 2 free  download (wmf, eps, emf, svg, png, gif) formats

• Love 1

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

Actually about the visit to Queen's house

Reveal hidden contents

In webdrama, when the king and the queen had their first night, both of them still not fall in love for each others. Because as I remember after that night, the king still chose his mistress, and slap the queen. Oh yah, the king also wanted to kill the queen. Also the queen, absolutely no. Even the queen had baby with the king, the queen not love the king yet...

Yes few hours more... Excited...

About 3 things, Im also waiting for that... 

Spoiler

King and Queen might have bed scene in here too but I doubt they will make it like the Chinese version.

In the Chinese version, when that happen the empress was drunk but the emperor was sober.

Imagine the Korean netizen's reaction if they watch a romance drama's bed scene with a sober main male lead and drunk main female lead. Nope. That is count as dubious consent. 

They change second female lead from someone else wife in the Chinese version to the king's concubine in here. The king don't even slept with his concubine yet LOL

So they might have bed scene later when the queen is also sober or if they have it when the queen was drunk, the king will be drunk too like her.

He looks gorgeous.

Btw, I wonder if So Bong will explain again clearly to the king the real meaning of "No Touch" later.

Our king must already planned what he will do to seriously fulfil his promise to abide the "no touch rule" according to his own understanding:smirk:

credit to the owner

Is this for the future episodes?

credit to the owner

So cute!

credit to the owner

• Like 6