[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

3 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

I was also wondering about that interview whether it was taken before or after 'Joseon adventure'. If it's taken after that, then it means JBH will be back to his body. Maybe after Cheoljong died? :dissapointed:

Then maybe meet Cheoljong in the modern world (?) Like some of us guessed here? 

I hate the ending where the lead died. 

I did not watch the last two episodes of Scarlet Heart and Mr. Sunshine after I read spoilers that one of the lead died.

And KSH, he died many times already! Before Mr. Queen (CLOY) and before CLOY (TIME). Can they just make him alive this time?! :persevere:

Oh no... I don’t even want to think about the possibility of Cheoljong dying! Why does his characters always die? Isn’t Mr Queen supposed to be a comedy?

If Bong Hwan returns to the future, does it mean we’re going to end the drama with Choi Jin Hyuk’s face who was a cameo instead of ending it with the main stars - Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun??? That doesn’t sound right!

And will they cast someone else for Cheoljong in the future? I’m gonna flip the table if they cast some actress who will play Cheoljong in the future, so they can be hetero couple :fear:

spacer.png

They wouldn’t do that to us, right???!

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, aisling said:

In Chinese version the queen just gradually accepted her trans/bi side and her attraction towards her king, so there wasn’t a confusion whether it was the original body or the soul that felt desire.

The Queen in GPG keeps her inner male voice till the end unlike SoBong.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

Oh no... I don’t even want to think about the possibility of Cheoljong dying! Why does his characters always die? Isn’t Mr Queen supposed to be a comedy?

If Bong Hwan returns to the future, does it mean we’re going to end the drama with Choi Jin Hyuk’s face who was a cameo instead of ending it with the main stars - Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun??? That doesn’t sound right!

And will they cast someone else for Cheoljong in the future? I’m gonna flip the table if they cast some actress who will play Cheoljong in the future, so they can be hetero couple 

They wouldn’t do that to us, right???!

Hopefully! 

Jaebal, writer-nimmm

I hope they keep this drama to be fiction, not relate to the real event. Cos as maybe some of you here already know, in the history Cheoljong was murdered just like previous King and Queen Cheorin is the one who had power after that, greater than Grand Queen Dowager, and used another young and weak puppet King. 

I hope at least So Bong and Cheoljong become commoners and open Gukbap restore :pensive: But please, don't kill Cheoljong, writer-nim!!! Let Byung In sacrifice himself for his love :naughty:

22 minutes ago, gglex6275 said:

whoa! Did he put his leg over her? hahahaha  :Pandabulous::sipsboba:

Hahaha unfortunately they cut it! We didn't see in ep 14. I was delulu when I watched that BTS scene, my mind travels into the wild. :crazymad:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Hopefully! 

Jaebal, writer-nimmm

I hope they keep this drama to be fiction, not relate to the real event. Cos as maybe some of you here already know, in the history Cheoljong was murdered just like previous King and Queen Cheorin is the one who had power after that, greater than Grand Queen Dowager, and used another young and weak puppet King. 

I hope at least So Bong and Cheoljong become commoners and open Gukbap restore :pensive: But please, don't kill Cheoljong, writer-nim!!! Let Byung In sacrifice himself for his love :naughty:

Hahaha unfortunately they cut it! We didn't see in ep 14. I was delulu when I watched that BTS scene, my mind travels into the wild. :crazymad:

I'm all-in for this - they should just leave that awful palace and go to the country side along with their staff but they are the heroes and they need to save the kingdom and the people from bad guys, so sigh. 

yeah - I found the few seconds of the BTS to be quite racy before they breakout laughing lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

I personally don’t care for more scenes with So Yong nor really for a satisfactory ending with her. They’ll have made a mistake in trying to get me to actually care for her beyond a plot device than a character. Her voice was gone as soon as she died, she lost the Game of Thrones and her sinking to the bottom of the lake signified that. 

If they did have Chef go back in his original body and there is a meet up with CJ, I hope it’s with his own male original body but then the backlash might be too much lol but considering it was pretty explicit that So Bong was in the driver seat during the lovemaking and the episode had high rating, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad?? Sometimes I wish this was a web series so they could be pretty unrestricted but alas

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 1 VS Episode 14.

What is it that famous saying?

“Once tasted, always wanted.” :lol:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The way he even nodded like he understood her LMAO. Maybe Cheoljong put an extra effort into their first night because he remembered her saying she wouldn’t like it :joy:spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Maybe Cheoljong put an extra effort into their first night because he remembered her saying she wouldn’t like it :joy:

CheolJong is a scholar who has mastered The Art of War and any kind of political maneuvers. His wars are both on the battlefield and between the sheets. Kama Sutra, The Perfumed Garden, Lazzat Un Nisa, etc are part of his field study. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Why would he say he was the first if he wasn’t referring to his innovative cooking back in Joseon?

Love your theory. The fact that the follow-up mini-episodes do not feature So Bong is telling. Why not have an episode with, say, So Bong and her kids? That could be hilarious. Maybe because she is no longer in the period story after our 20 episodes wrap; the writers can only chose an earlier time to pair the two?

Queen Dowager Jo knows an "evil" spirit is in the queen's body. We've been encouraged to forget that, but I think it will be revisited. The ultimate  way for her to be rid of the queen is to perform a ritual that expels that spirit.

2 hours ago, cenching said:

The Queen in GPG keeps her inner male voice till the end unlike SoBong.

Maybe they would have done the same in our series as well if they had gone with a more available actor than Choi Jin Hyuk.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Maybe they would have done the same in our series as well if they had gone with a more available actor than Choi Jin Hyuk

The Queen lost her inner male voice right before the first kissing scene with The King. I will say it’s an intentional move by the drama. I don’t think the conservative can accept the fact The King is kissing a woman with a macho inner voice....:crazily:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, cenching said:

CheolJong is a scholar who has mastered The Art of War and any kind of political maneuvers. His wars are both on the battlefield and between the sheets. Kama Sutra, The Perfumed Garden, Lazzat Un Nisa, etc are part of his study. 

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Episode 1 VS Episode 14.

The way he even nodded like he understood her LMAO. Maybe Cheoljong put an extra effort into their first night because he remembered her saying she wouldn’t like it 

LOL, love the two of you @aisling  @cenching - cracking me up so much!    Those gifs!  :Megalol:

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Blob 2

I have so many points so I will make 2 post.

I appreciate Soyong but I don't feel as sorry for her as I should. I think the flashbacks of her was use as a way to define Sobong's (formerly Bonghwan) personality. Obviously Soyong had a hard life but she gave up and in her place appeared Bonhwan in an attempt to do her justice. So I take the following scenes as a form of justice towards Soyong.

1- In the scene where Cheoljong tells Sobong that he loves her, Sobong reminds him of that night when Soyong jumped into the lake and reminded him of how his coldness and words hurt  Soyong and that now she is no longer the same Soyong, maybe this is a way of  her saying that her feelings have changed (Cheoljong knew she loved her before). At those words hurt the king. You can see the tears in his eyes.

2- Sobong has already faced her father for everything he put him through, just like she has faced her cousin. And in the following chapters we will see how she fights against her uncle.

spacer.png
3- Finally it seems like she is finally going to face Hwanjin and remind her who the queen is. I'm very excited about this scene because someone has to stop her and make her see the reality and not just her paranoia. I also want to know how the truth of thier childhood memories will be revealed. But I am sure that the king, being the intelligent person that he is and how well he remembers everything that happens, has already begun to suspect that something is wrong but he was so busy to think about it carefully and maybe that's why he's being cold to Hwajin lately.

spacer.png

Soyong tried but she could not continue and in ep13 Sobong says that he / she is not going to give up and he will follow what Soyong could not in her life. I feel that the scene where her body sinks to the bottom of the lake is a way of showing that Soyong is dying or fading, leaving only her memories and abilities.

spacer.png

Edited by Ivonne Saavedra Juchani
  • Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

So Bong’s Dirty Face Confirmed.

Shin Hye Sun is the best! Look at her face when she was thinking dirty thoughts about a “menu erection”.
spacer.png

Now look at her face when she sees Cheoljong’s chest.

spacer.png

Convince me she didn’t have the dirtiest thoughts at that moment because her face expression is exactly the same :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

11 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think I will also have that look if I was staring at KJH aka CJ's semi exposed chest.

The only problem I have with this scene that it’s only HALF exposed. Couldn’t she interrupt him after he undressed fully? She already saw it all (and more), so why so shy?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

21 minutes ago, aisling said:

So Bong’s Dirty Face Confirmed.

Shin Hye Sun is the best! Look at her face when she was thinking dirty thoughts about a “menu erection”.

Now look at her face when she sees Cheoljong’s chest.

Convince me she didn’t have the dirtiest thoughts at that moment because her face expression is exactly the same :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think I will also have that look if I was staring at KJH aka CJ's semi exposed chest.

C5-F983-A0-0-B93-4296-BB12-C556-EAB821-F

@aisling

At first KJH in Mr Queen made me realize that both abs and back muscles are worth swooning for and next episode will be chest/man boobies? Also drool-worthy 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

2 minutes ago, kimchimandu said:

Anyone here can enlighten me as to whether the King was neutral or awkward or happy when he was hugging Hwa Jin (upon his recovery). I can't quite read his expression there. 

Bland, emotionless and seemed to be not in the mood for a hug

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

@cenching Oh yeah, my mind is definitely in the gutter since the episode His Majesty flexed his back muscles casually. I mean, look at those shoulders, arms and back! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kim Jung Hyun looks ever more ripped than in CLOY. He must’ve packed on even more muscles.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1