[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

6 hours ago, poopytubby said:

does anyone know what the lots that the queen dowager drew meant?

jo clan: rabbit (lowest)

king: injong (9th card)

queen: fish (8th card)

does that mean that the king and queen got the highest 2 cards? and that they'll triumph the crisis?

i really hope so because the ep 12 preview is so hard to watch with cheoljong so upset D:

The hilariously understated fact of this show is that all of her mumbo-jumbo really works. She brought Jang Bong Hwan's soul to her court and (partially) sent it back again. I wonder if it is she who is anchoring him there? What happens if she dies?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Episode 12 Reaction!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That was soooo epic!!! I was going through a rollercoaster of emotions between laughing at the kitchen scene, angry at the forest scene, and mind blown at the banquet!

But I was in agony at that scene between Cheoljong and So yong when the bomb hit him, I think he was worried about her getting hurt as well.:(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Where is next week?!!!!

:sipsboba:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Oh yeah , Someone is jealous

So how do ladies-in-waiting work in Korean history? In the West, they were noblewomen themselves. Would Hong Yeon be a peer to the candidates (setting aside the relative rankings of their families)? Or is she just a commoner servant who came to the palace with Kim So Yong?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Raffles said:

So how do ladies-in-waiting work in Korean history? In the West, they were noblewomen themselves. Would Hong Yeon be a peer to the candidates (setting aside the relative rankings of their families)?

A queen candidate, or concubine of the queen may bring their own personal servant into the palace just one or two I think. All the rest may be from the entire pool of palace maid. Hong Yeon did say that she was with the queen for quite some time, and Hwa Jin's maid was with her since she was very young and O Wol was brought into the palace by Hwa Jin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Raffles said:

The hilariously understated fact of this show is that all of her mumbo-jumbo really works. She brought Jang Bong Hwan's soul to her court and (partially) sent it back again. I wonder if it is she who is anchoring him there? What happens if she dies?

i'm not sure if she's the one who sent him around (i can't really remember the details of the ritual), i thought she just discovered that there's someone else's soul in soyong's body and the timing coincided with the exchange (because of bong hwan's body on the verge of death on the other side)?

• Like 3

Am I the only one who thinks that the bomb is the King’s Plan B?

My theories:

1. The bomb was planted by the King’s man. Why? So that he could gain more power and show the world that there is/are people who  are trying to harm him.

2. The Queen (not Sobong) killed herself because she did not want to be a puppet to be used against the King.

I hope the story picks up. The last few episodes were going nowhere.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

According to the next ep preview,

Spoiler

spacer.png

did KJG go to SY's room before she fell into the water? 

These 3 pictures is SY's room before she become a queen. From the layout of the room, it looks same with the preview above. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

If yes, what were they talking about? It must be something serious, seeing from his expression. Was he the reason why SY decided to commit suicide? 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Btw my predictions are based on this theory: 

Spoiler

• Like 6

Okay okay okay. So now that I’ve got my head wrapped around that ending.

Next week we’re gonna see SB worried and taking care of CJ just like he did for her before this!! She won’t be able to deny her feelings for him any more!!! The one silver lining to the explosion today I guess :cold_sweat:

But that ending - the fact that they were only looking at each other the whole time OHMYGOSH :heartbreak:

He was reaching out for her and she was running towards him. It was a moment. It was really beautiful - definitely one of the better scenes between the two and the chemistry was oozing fam no joke :sad1: it was tragic, yes, but a chance for SB to stop being in denial of the reality she lives in and start realising that:

1. She loves/cares for the King!!

2. People tryna kill the King and!!

3. Her family needs to be executed!! 

• Like 9