[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

1 hour ago, poopytubby said:

I think I watched his interview/old IG story some days ago when he said that his MBTI personality type is INFP. Well, knowing that he's so perfectionist and serious playing his role in films, It does really fit him. 

it's interesting that Junghyun is also an INFP because I recently watched an interview that SHS did and she's an INFP too! Maybe that's why they complement each other so well! 

1 hour ago, poopytubby said:

praying for a shs and kjh photoshoot please D:

me too I wish they would do a photoshoot together they would look so good :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Although there are characters that annoyed me in Mr Queen, the actors and actress in Mr Queen are great.

I love their performances just like I love Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun performances here. 

Some of them had worked together before in past dramas. 

Our King acted together with the concubine in School 2017:

https://mydramalist.com/22477-school-2017

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Our queen and the royal chef had acted together in a drama before:

https://mydramalist.com/32362-love-of-my-life

Spoiler

credit to the owner

This is funny LOL

credit to the owner

Our queen and the grand queen dowager also acted together in a movie before.

https://mydramalist.com/33229-innocence

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

The PD of this drama is the same PD of drama The Bridal Mask with Joo Won.

No wonder the action scenes here are great just like in The Bridal Mask.

Spoiler

credit to the @Kaizen68

I like how this drama production make some matching outfit for our royal couple after their hot make out session in So Yong's house. This kinda hinted the relationship development between our royal couple although for now, they denied about their feeling towards each other.

Spoiler

Soft green and soft pink:

credit to the owner

Red and strong pink:

credit to the owner

Blue with the royal symbol.

The king has dragon embroidery on his outfit while the queen has phoenix embroidery on her outfit.

credit to the owner

The scenes where Cheoljong tried to tone down his queen LOL

credit to the owner

Cheoljong's face haha

credit to the owner

About the ending:

Spoiler

As for me, I believe this drama will end with happy ending since this is a fusion sageuk. They can twist the ending for King Cheol Jong like they did with Park Bo Gum's character, Crown Prince Lee Yeong in "Love in the Moonlight/Moonlight Drawn By Clouds".

They already put the disclaimer twice for this drama.

credit to the owner

Not only that, our queen also mentioned this on the press conference:

"Our drama does not have a melodramatic touch to it like other dramas".

credit to the owner

So yes, I believe that the royal couple will be alive until the end. I'm just wondering about the endgame.

Cheol Jong with who?

1)So Yong

2)So Bong

I really want Cheol Jong to end up with So Bong:tears:

I want a photoshoot of our royal couple.

Come on, this dramas has good ratings so why couldn't they give us one?

Spoiler

I want at least one!:tears:

credit to the owner

Our king is really cute:lol:

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

16 minutes ago, enzek said:

Although there are characters that annoyed me in Mr Queen, the actors and actress in Mr Queen are great.

I love their performances just like I love Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun performances here. 

Some of them had worked together before in past dramas. 

Thank you so much for your informative and very entertaining post -  love it much @enzek!:D

And yes, Mr Queen will have a happy ending.  :ilike:

• Like 1

@skinnyjeans OMG. Are you trying to make me fall for him harder??? I’m an adult woman and I giggled like a schoolgirl while watching that CF. How old is this CF? Did he land this CF after CLOY? Seeing how he’s more a serious type of man I wonder if it was difficult for him to film this. 

- - - - - -

Also, this has been bugging me. How old are the main characters supposed to be?

mKHXXBT.jpg

Judging by the age of young actors who played them, they were all around 12-13 back then, right? So am I supposed to believe they’re around 20-21 years old now?

There’s no way they could pass for 20yo despite all of them being gorgeous. The only person who could pass for being 20 is Hong Yeon.

Also, if Jang Bong Hwan is 33yo mentally, isn’t this technically a noona romance? :Megalol:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you so much for your informative and very entertaining post -  love it much @enzek!

And yes, Mr Queen will have a happy ending. 

You're welcome. I believe in our Mr Queen LOL

Even if this drama turn out to be a melo in the future episodes, let's cry later. 

Right now just enjoy this drama and don't stress ourselves hahah

I'm drooling:love:

Spoiler

all pics credit to the owner

I agree, the drunk scene was much better in the Korean version.

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Learn it from the expert, everyone:P

all gif credit to the owner

Can they give us the royal couple's literal untie scene too?

It is important for the sake of the country's future;)

credit to the owner

They belong to Queen So Bong:P

credit to the owner

Today is Mr Queen's day, everyone!:issohappy:

credit to the owner

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

Yes, King Cheol Jong already had it enough.

Rise Your Majesty!

Spoiler

credit to the owner

This is so cute aww:wub:

The queen's post:

credit to the owner

The king's comment:

credit to the owner

Kim Jung Hyun know how the anti-fans of Mr Queen's fan club feel haha

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I want few jealousy scenes. I think we need them for the King to realize that he cannot live in denial anymore. I would like to have him choose between the Queen and his holier than thou Hwa Jin. Like last time when Byeong-in stepped in carried the Queen in front of the King, after the King blatantly humiliated the Queen by choosing to go over to the Royal Concubine rather than the Queen. I am ready for some angst.

I re watched the first two episodes and the angst between the Queen and the King , the sizzling chemistry even in their most heated arguments could not be denied. Fun and light moments are of course welcome, but we need to up the ante, we need a little intensity. Both the actors do such a fine job when they are enacting a hostile scene. You can literally see the sparks flying! The shared moments afterwards are  even sweeter due to the previous heated exchange. :wub:

Looking at the new stills, I can't help but hope for few heated exchanges between the King and the Queen, or at least few scenes to rouse his jealous streak, to make him finally admit what he had tried to deny, accept that he sees the Queen as a woman, his woman.:wub:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Come Across Tense Situations During Banquet In “Mr. Queen”

54b050edee8143baaf1dee5606088346.jpeg?s=

Jan 16, 2021
by L. Kim

There will be thrilling tension in the upcoming episode of “Mr. Queen”!

Spoilers

Previously on “Mr. Queen,” Kim So Yong (played by Shin Hye Sun) and King Cheoljong (played by Kim Jung Hyun) started to feel drawn to one another. The drama also focused on the politics of the palace with Queen Sunwon (played by Bae Jong Ok) keeping a sharp eye on King Cheoljong. In the next episode, Kim So Yong and King Cheoljong will come across strange moments with Jo Hwa Jin (Seol In Ah), who admires the king, and Kim Byung In (Na In Woo), whose priority is to protect the queen.

The new stills preview the love square between Kim So Yong, King Cheoljong, Jo Hwa Jin, and Kim Byung In. They are at a banquet, but despite the fact that it’s a celebratory day, there is electrifying tension in the air. Jo Hwa Jin, who is blinded by jealousy, is pulling back the bowstring tightly, and Kim So Yong looks shocked by something. According to the preview, Jo Hwa Jin is aiming the arrow at Kim So Yong, which means the queen is in danger.

seol-in-ah.jpg

The fierce confrontation between King Cheoljong and Kim Byung In is also intriguing. Their expressions are stiff with tension, and King Cheoljong gazes guardedly at Kim Byung In. Kim Byung In, who has a soft spot for Kim So Yong, is more sensitive to anyone else regarding King Cheoljong’s suspicious moves. King Cheoljong starts to draw out his inner charisma due to Kim Byung In’s provoking jabs, and viewers are excited to see their competitive streaks during the banquet games.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1449001wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-come-across-tense-situations-during-banquet-in-mr-queen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Guysss I found this FMV on yt that really well made tho! The intensity between Cheoljong and Soyong is on fire ;) that I almost forgot Mr Queen is also a comedy genre drama OMG:allgoodlol:

cr to vid owner

17 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m an adult woman and I giggled like a schoolgirl while watching that CF. How old is this CF? Did he land this CF after CLOY? Seeing how he’s more a serious type of man I wonder if it was difficult for him to film this. 

@aisling since you’re asking I’m willing to answer it wholeheartedly hahaha since I’ve been curious about him so I search his past work and project these day:phew:

Kim Jung Hyun have been selected as advertising model for Panasonic so basically the CF for LAMDASH is around June 2020, the latest CF he made with Panasonic is the last 3 months for Lumix S5 camera.

Spoiler

Actually Kim Jung Hyun is not that really serious type of person since he can be quite playful somehow hahaha (this is based on his past work behind the scene and Shin Hye Sun also said this on their interview).

You can see how bright and playful he is in this TMI interview video of Kim Jung Hyun!

Hope it help! :D

Edited by rose_1108
Need to add vid of his TMI interview cause why not?? He’s cute and playful here haha
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

OMG! I love that FMV @rose_1108

I found one FMV too, gosh that intensity! The creator did an amazing job of selecting the most perfect song for the crazy royal couple, who are definitely spell trouble with a capital 'T'.

https://youtu.be/ntH5t4goZZ0

The full credit goes to the owner.

Also, apologies, I do not know how to post videos.:lol: So just putting up the link here.:)

• Like 3

Huhuhu:crybaby: There was no direct interaction between our no touch couple except for one short scene.

Also the cousin figured it out it was Cheoljong himself who tried to kill the queen by his fighting style.

spacer.png

I waited the whole week for our couple and got almost nothing :cry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

quick review (and spoiler if you havent watch ep 11) from me;

Spoiler

the only interaction between soyoung and cheoljong is too short, but it's ok soyoung started to care for cheoljong bcs she got all worried on her face when she heard cheoljong sneeze:glasses:

the scene of exchanging letters also shows that Cheoljong started to feel a swish(?) in his chest (WHEN HE SMILED I CAN'T OMG KIM JUNGHYUN NAILED IT):evilelmo: but unfortunately soyoung sent the letters for the concubines but the Joseon deliverers made a mistake. a very useful mistake for Joseon's future:rickroll:

soyoung's antics when she was with the concubines was also hilarious (the see-saw scene WTH YOU DOING ACROBATIC ON THAT THING, MAMA:criesariver: 

hwajin gave the book to queen dowager and no one see that coming. 

other than those scenes, this ep is hella boring for me because too much politics in this ep (i know it's also important but they should balanced every ingredients(?) like the early episodes). not many important things happened in this ep unless byeolin finnaly confirmed that the man he met that night was the king himself and this might make him more aggressive in protecting the queen. also hwajin, i think she isnt that stupid to kill soyoung. my guess she will shoot something behind soyoung after i examined(?) her hand's movement when she shot the arrow

i think the production staff also know this ep will bring some dissatisfaction that's why they put the same preview from the last ep (when hwajin wanna shoot soyoung)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@aisling yeah seems like when they're getting closer emotionally, they're getting further physically. they had more moments together when they were "enemies". 

does this mean we have to sit thru some episode of king x hwajin and byeong-in x queen before the happy ending (i'm assuming happy ending cos didn't the team say that this is supposed to be a feel good show?) :criesariver:

just hoping the kiss action in the queen's home is not the last..

• Like 5

Episode 12 preview:

This doesn’t look too good. It looks like the king’s plan are revealed? Is he being dethroned or something?

spacer.png

Is So Bong running towards Cheoljong? Why does she look so worried? Gosh, this makes me so anxious.

And Cheoljong is crying???? What IS HAPPENING??!

dx9REia.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1