[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

9 hours ago, enzek said:

Queen So Bong is a straight forward kind of person.

She won't write letter, she will just crash his chamber and then talk to him instead if there is anything she want to tell her Cheoljongiiee. Who impersonated our queen here?:hushed:

as much i love the idea of a genuine nocturnal love letter, agree with this totally. don't know if i can stomach the bad things that will happen from there :tired:

9 hours ago, enzek said:

credit to the owner

sobong relieved that it's a side effect of the vegetative state? what, she thinks it will wear off eventually???? 

On 1/12/2021 at 3:49 AM, LRM11219311 said:

What if the king is a woman in the modern time and so yong is bong hwan? They don’t meet each other yet but maybe that’s the ending. They will meet as man and woman in the future. :lol:

ya.. future JBH with future female king reincarnate played by SHS giving him a blow kiss saying "today i'm not doing the no touching" :kiss_wink::lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

1c097387fc514770b54496efaca901a1.jpeg?s=

Watch: Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun Get Playful And Affectionate Behind The Scenes Of “Mr. Queen”

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” released a new behind-the-scenes video of Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun!

The making-of video begins with the sweet kiss scene between Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun. In the first take, Kim Jung Hyun bends Shin Hye Sun’s waist too far down, so he moves in more gently for the second take.

In an outdoors scene, Shin Hye Sun struggles to remove the covering on top of her head quickly enough. She apologizes but says with determination, “I can do this well.” When the knot keeps getting stuck, Kim Jung Hyun suggests she takes it off slowly in one smooth motion, helping her to finish the take successfully.

During a scene in which the camera only films Shin Hye Sun, she’s unable to hold back her laughter because of Kim Jung Hyun’s acting. Kim Jung Hyun continues to try to make her laugh by changing expressions playfully while the camera only films Shin Hye Sun. Nonetheless, Shin Hye Sun clears the scene successfully, but she shakes Kim Jung Hyun back and forth afterwards.

As Kim Jung Hyun joins Shin Hye Sun in the bathtub, Kim Jung Hyun says, “This is the first time I’ve been in a mixed bath since I was born.” From the edge of the set, Chae Seo Eun watches the romantic scenes unfold while blushing and laughing. Kim Jung Hyun also can’t stop laughing and gets embarrassed when he has to act directly in front of the camera instead of with Shin Hye Sun.

Spoiler

Credit to Soompi

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

LOL since when does So Bong suddenly trust the royal physician? Didn’t she dismiss him several times because of his incompetence? But he’s giving her a lame explanation for what she’s feeling and she believes him? Hm... I smell a strong denial...

spacer.png.

Oh poor Cheoljong, is he so blinded by his feelings for So Bong that he doesn’t see it immediately that it’s a trap?

spacer.png

Oh my god, is one of them going to be in danger? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, lhynne said:

Anneyeong! I've been into this drama since the first day and I just love both so much. I can't remember how many times I have re-watched all the episodes that came out lol...

Anyways I am confused, is this a 16 or 20 episodes drama? 

Annnnnnnnd I've been obessessing with this drama for a while now that I actually started watching GO Princess Go... The original drama was funny and hilarious same with this remake. Both really made me laugh so hard but SHS and KJH have better chemistry IMHO ....  

I am looking forward on how some of my favorite scene from the original will be made here in the Kdrama... 

Apparently it’s gg to be 20 episodes so we’re already halfway through the series.

I heard there will be like mini episodes after they air the whole 20 eps.

Yes to re-watching!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

as much i love the idea of a genuine nocturnal love letter, agree with this totally. don't know if i can stomach the bad things that will happen from there :tired:

sobong relieved that it's a side effect of the vegetative state? what, she thinks it will wear off eventually???? 

ya.. future JBH with future female king reincarnate played by SHS giving him a blow kiss saying "today i'm not doing the no touching" :kiss_wink::lol:

It’s going too smoothly now, I am sure someone is going to throw a spanner in the works and disrupt the peace. I’m just hopeing they don’t rush the ending though!

They still have to solve what was going on with JBH being framed for something. 

I am trying to imagine the king as a woman and JBH and her meeting up somewhere. Perhaps the king as a female cabinet member or diplomat hahaha. Or a detective solving the case?

5 hours ago, aisling said:

LOL since when does So Bong suddenly trust the royal physician? Didn’t she dismiss him several times because of his incompetence? But he’s giving her a lame explanation for what she’s feeling and she believes him? Hm... I smell a strong denial...

Oh poor Cheoljong, is he so blinded by his feelings for So Bong that he doesn’t see it immediately that it’s a trap?

SoBong is desperately trying to hold on to what remnants of “himself” there is in So Yong’s body, I guess, that he is willing to believe anyone who can assure him that he is not catching feelings. HAHA

Perhaps SoBong will be saved by someone in the archery session from Consort Bin’s arrow?

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 11:27 PM, aisling said:

Ok, I rewatched BTS again after your post and I think Shin Hye Sun noticed his discomfort. Look at her hand - isn’t she trying to help him pulling down his shirt? And the way she looked at him knowing. What a considerate noona!

omg that gif :love:

yes, SHS is really kind, help KJH too pulling down the shirt. seeing his pants in kneel area already see through, no wonder he is getting anxious.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:59 PM, blademan said:

His hesitation gets to me every time!! All hail King "Gentleman" Cheoljong!!

ooow yeees! this part is my fave too. his slightly opened eyes and hesitation trying to continue from different angles make it more fluttered. my heart beating weirdly the first time I watched it, until now actually, whenever i replay it <3

if only Hong Yeon were there too with Byeon In and Queen's dad that night, it must be perfect. palace will full of gossip about their King and Queen who love PDA. aaak, i want people in palace to know about it, actually the purpose is to be heard to Hwa Jin. lololol

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

After watching BTS video I noticed three things:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1) Shin Hye Sun is really quite tall. She’s 172 cm and looks even taller because she’s thin. Some k-actresses have to stand a stool during a kiss scene but she isn’t that much shorter than her male co-stars.

2) Kim Jung Hyun has such a perfect jawline. I thought it was a clever lighting that made his jawline so chiselled but watching BTS he has a beautiful jawline even with a normal light.

3) Kim Jung Hyun was quite serious even after a kiss. Usually actors have the same reaction as Shin Hye Sun - they try to laugh or joke around to make it less awkward. But look at KJH - he’s so serious when the director shouted cut. I wonder why? But it’s still cute they can’t look into each other’s eyes.:fullofhearts:

• Like 9

22 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@poopytubby Thank you!

so I wonder where SoYoung’s soul is? 

she still in her body, but Bong Hwan soul is more stronger than So yong so his soul is the one we see in the surface. but, after vegetative state, both of soul getting blend, so yong's soul began to appear especially when she meet King, her emotion dominantly control the body but consciousness still bong Hwan. that's what we see like tsundere girl :D 

we can see it when So Bong tried to exorcism herself because her (So Yong) heart pounding when saw King. especially when she kissed Cheoljong, Bong Hwan after gain him/her senses, s(he) ready to scold So Yong for her out of control :D 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aisling said:

3) Kim Jung Hyun was quite serious even after a kiss. Usually actors have the same reaction as Shin Hye Sun - they try to laugh or joke around to make it less awkward. But look at KJH - he’s so serious when the director

my theory is that they're both still remaining in character since they know the shooting of that scene isn't over yet. when watching the bts i realised they don't have too many NGs where they break character, even more so when it's a serious scene. when one of them messes up, both of them (esp KJH) don't really laugh/react to the mistake. they seem really good at immersing themselves in the role/scene. watching the bts makes me admire them even more as actors ;A; they're so cool and professional ;;;A;;;

edit: LEL KJH so random at first he posted a photo of cheoljong with the caption "still wednesday" then after midnight he deleted that post and reposted the same photo with the caption "it's thursday tho" :joy:

anyway i found this fun little personality test floating around twitter if yall are interested :D https://cleardin.com/queen 

i got cheoljong (infp)! ^^

• Like 8

Anybody here still remember Coffee Prince and its iconic “man or alien” love confession that was parodied so many times?

spacer.png

I mean, wouldn’t it be a wasted opportunity not to use this confession in Mr Queen??? How fitting would it be?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

11 hours ago, poopytubby said:

anyway i found this fun little personality test floating around twitter if yall are interested :D https://cleardin.com/queen 

i got cheoljong (infp)! ^^

Yes, you're right.

I think I watched his interview/old IG story some days ago when he said that his MBTI personality type is INFP. Well, knowing that he's so perfectionist and serious playing his role in films, It does really fit him. 

12 hours ago, aisling said:

After watching BTS video I noticed three things:

1) Shin Hye Sun is really quite tall. She’s 172 cm and looks even taller because she’s thin. Some k-actresses have to stand a stool during a kiss scene but she isn’t that much shorter than her male co-stars.

2) Kim Jung Hyun has such a perfect jawline. I thought it was a clever lighting that made his jawline so chiselled but watching BTS he has a beautiful jawline even with a normal light.

3) Kim Jung Hyun was quite serious even after a kiss. Usually actors have the same reaction as Shin Hye Sun - they try to laugh or joke around to make it less awkward. But look at KJH - he’s so serious when the director shouted cut. I wonder why? But it’s still cute they can’t look into each other’s eyes.:fullofhearts:

In the last gif, even though SHS tried to laugh, she still seemed stunned. And KJH hands gesture seemed to me like saying "okay, stop now, easy...". 

And after that scene, they still needed to shoot another kissing scenes! so yeah, still needed to immerse into their characters

omg, I'm officially ship this couple!!

I know that they act professional

But but but, their chemistry is so magnetic! :please: 

They seem so comfortable to each other when they had interview last time, and the BTS, joking around and playful...  They're so adorable!:cutekitty: 

Not to mention that both of them are very talented and serious with their roles.

For me they look so "IN SYNC" together. They seem have many things in common!! [am I being delusional now? :crazymad:]

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

cc5e051007bd4252afff265b8a3659ea.jpeg?s=

Mr. Queen” lead actors Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun have answered questions for international viewers of the drama!

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” is a fusion historical drama that has been gathering plenty of fans both domestically and abroad. Check out Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun’s exclusive interview with Viki and Soompi below, and make sure to read until the end to see their message to global fans!

Please introduce your character.

Kim Jung Hyun: In Mr. Queen, Cheoljong is a “two-faced king” who can be naive but also level-headed at other times.

Shin Hye Sun: “Mr. Queen” is a soul-escaping drama about a two-faced king and a queen whose soul is switched with that of a pretentious modern-day Korean man and gains an over-the-top personality. In the drama, I play the role of Kim So Yong—both the original Joseon Dynasty queen who has lived within strict rules and the one that was combined with the soul of the vigorous modern-day Korean man Jang Bong Hwan.

Is there a specific aspect that you prepared or paid special attention to for your role in “Mr. Queen”?

Kim Jung Hyun: There are many action scenes as it is a historical drama, so I practiced horseback riding and martial arts for filming. I also put a lot of thought in how to portray the historical figure showing growth through an unexpected incident, and I analyzed with depth in hopes that my way of expression will be adequate.

Shin Hye Sun: Because the character I play is a Joseon Dynasty queen on the outside with the soul of a modern man on the inside, I focused my thoughts on how to avoid making the viewers uncomfortable and did my best to portray it in a way that wouldn’t cause discomfort. And rather than differentiating So Yong and Bong Hwan by their genders, I approached it by distinguishing the two characters’ personalities.

MORE

Spoiler

There are many diverse characters in “Mr. Queen.” What other character would you like to try out besides your own?

Kim Jung Hyun: I think a man’s soul being trapped in a queen’s body is an interesting concept, so I would like to try acting out the role of Kim So Yong.

Shin Hye Sun: I think the role of Kim Byung In played by Na In Woo is very charming. There are his action scenes, of course, but he loves someone yearningly while also having a hidden side due to his personal troubles. His diverse sides captured my attention.

Of the Joseon Dynasty speech that you learned while filming “Mr. Queen,” is there a word or phrase you would like to introduce to international fans?

Kim Jung Hyun: Yeonmo is said quite often [in the drama]. It can be similar to sarang (love), but it also includes the emotion of earnest longing. I think it is a more rich expression of love.

Shin Hye Sun: One of So Yong’s lines is, “You have to yeonmo me.” How about using this phrase when confessing love in the future?

Hanbok vs. modern day clothing

Kim Jung Hyun: Modern day clothing.

Shin Hye Sun: Modern day clothing. Although the hanbok is Korea’s beautiful traditional clothing, modern day clothing is more comfortable for me right now.

What era and country would you like to time slip to?

Kim Jung Hyun: Genghis Khan’s era in Mongolia.

Shin Hye Sun: Korea in the 1990s. I’d like to try returning to my childhood.

If your soul were to be switched: Blue House chef vs. Joseon Dynasty queen vs. Joseon Dynasty Cheoljong

Kim Jung Hyun: Blue House chef.

Shin Hye Sun: Blue House chef, since I’m living in this era currently.

Please share a message for the international fans who are tuning into “Mr. Queen”!

Kim Jung Hyun: Everyone is experiencing lethargic lifestyles these days. We will successfully overcome this, and I believe that this lifestyle right now will become a memory for us one day. I hope you will laugh a lot and take a brief break while watching “Mr. Queen.” I think this is a time when we need a bit of comfort, rather than a powerful message within the drama. It would make me happy more than anything if you take a moment to laugh.

Shin Hye Sun: To the viewers of “Mr. Queen,” I hope that you put your burdens and worries down for a moment and have a fun and refreshing time watching our drama. Please take care of your health, and I hope your days are filled with happiness~ I’ll see you in “Mr. Queen.” Thank you.

Credit to Soompi

• Like 11

21 hours ago, aisling said:

I think So Bong need another hot make out session with Cheol Jong so she can confirm what is actually her real feeling towards him

:shaq:

This is so true:D

credit to the owner

14 hours ago, aisling said:

3) Kim Jung Hyun was quite serious even after a kiss. Usually actors have the same reaction as Shin Hye Sun - they try to laugh or joke around to make it less awkward. But look at KJH - he’s so serious when the director shouted cut. I wonder why? But it’s still cute they can’t look into each other’s eyes.

Maybe at that time Kim Jung Hyun was so immersed in the character. 

Or maybe he was busy thinking in his mind that they will have another longgg kiss scene after this LOL

I remember Kim Jung Hyun in the drama's interview with Shin Hye Sun few week/days before this drama airing mentioned that at first he and Shin Hye Sun pretended to be close behind the scene then after they really become closer and comfortable behind the scene they revealed to each other that actually they just pretended to be close at the beginning hahaha

Their interactions behind the scene is like buddies besties:D

I wonder since when they started to become closer and comfortable with each other behind the scene.

Since they started filming this drama around June/July 2020 it hard to guess which scene was filmed first which scene was filmed later.

credit to the owner

Cute fanart:wub:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 6

isn't it cute how they both chose the same word ;A; with the meaning of sincere longing and adoration no less ;;;A;;;

2 hours ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

Of the Joseon Dynasty speech that you learned while filming “Mr. Queen,” is there a word or phrase you would like to introduce to international fans?

Kim Jung Hyun: Yeonmo is said quite often [in the drama]. It can be similar to sarang (love), but it also includes the emotion of earnest longing. I think it is a more rich expression of love.

Shin Hye Sun: One of So Yong’s lines is, “You have to yeonmo me.” How about using this phrase when confessing love in the future?

• Like 5

Couldn’t get enough of Mr. Queen stuff on Twitter and (very impatiently) waiting for the other episodes this week.

Am so glad I found this forum! 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:59 PM, blademan said:

His hesitation gets to me every time!! All hail King "Gentleman" Cheoljong!!

Cred. owner

The fact that we're definitely going to get another scene as such (with her sober and fully consenting) is the only thing getting me through this crappy start of a year...

Yes, I agree. That’s the only thing that makes me patient enough, that there will be a scene where it’s just 2 of them willingly and with awareness of their feelings.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2