[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Yeah all of us has right to agree or disagree here, just enjoy the show and be happy together chingu...

About the reason the king hug the queen even though he realized who she was, 50% in my mind said that he didn't want the queen called others. But the remain 50% asked again, why he told her about his nightmare? Didn't he got panic attack because of his trauma? why he told her about his biggest fear?

Cheoljong knew that people around him demand something from him. As he said to his brother, only queen who would do what should do because it's right to do, not asked anything for her. For Cheoljong, The Queen could be like a buddha or angel who protect him, but the queen also could turn to be demon when she got mad, but the reason the queen became mad made her human.

In front of his best friend (in 7th night) : The Queen is a woman but I not see her as a woman

- but not long after that statement, he run like a crazy mad man to save the Queen, asked her to keep alive and made promise both of them should keep alive

In front of his brother (in 8th night) : I not have romantic feeling towards her

- but not long after that statement, the king run crazily to the Royal kitchen and looked so worry about the Queen. Oh yah, then the king declared "She's my woman" in front of Byung In

In front of the concubine (in 11th night) : I can not love The Queen (he didn't deny about he has fallen for Queen or not, but he said 'can not')

- so what will happen then???

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

@enzek This was my observation as well, Shin Hye Sun was actually chilled while Kim Jung Hyun fretted and was all awkward during that bathtub scene :glasses:  

The only complaint I have about this scene... why on Earth is Kim Jung Hyun wearing clothes??? It’s only a dream, they should’ve let him do it topless and make us viewers very happy :sparklyeyes: I mean, who wouldn’t want to see this, right?

Spoiler

8SiZvy2.jpg

@tazmin I feel the same, friend! As much as I try, I just don’t know how I’d stomach the ending without Bong Hwan and Cheoljong together. It wouldn’t feel right for So Yong to come back and take Bong Hwan’s place because it was Bong Hwan who made Cheoljong feel the way he feels now. I truly hope BH and SY are the same soul, that way the love story would be complete. I’m still hanging on this hope because we haven’t seen So Yong at all except for the flashbacks.

• Like 9
  • Wiggle 2

2 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

Why did the king suddenly hugged So Yong when she saw her? Is it because he don’t want So Yong to call his father in law and to know that he went inside the well? I’m so confused becoz clearly he fantasized hwajin first before he cleared his head and noticed so yong. :expressionless:

I think he just needed comfort. He also did the same when they slept together in the palace before but he received some smacks from So Bong :lol: This time she did not really refuse cos she knew that he just needed someone to hold on [shoulder to cry on] All this time whenever he had nightmare  about his childhood, he would thought Hwa Ji because he thought she saved him from death when he was kid. But now Cheoljong is already 'use to' and comfortable with So Bong whom he shares days and nights together :shaq:

So yeah, I don't think there's anything fishy behind that hug.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

~> him lie down your belly is intriguing but it’s too much information for us to hear never less :phew:

Thanks  @Ameera Alifor the Don't Smile clip ... i love the part when the Queen did the cross sign on the King  - that was so cute!   Poor King had to avoid from getting hit by her swinging hands.

:D  

3 hours ago, kyakyari said:

@Nodame @Min2206 @backstreetboysfanmy pleasure :D

another BTS I found on Twitter, this drama keeps distracting me from doing my task T.T.

I feel like a pervert because constantly replaying their kissing scene

Same here @kyakyari ....I was watching the latest episode an hour ago, alternate between there and this forum to look at the clips, gifs and BTS    
LOL  ..best of both worlds !

And @Ameera Ali  @partyon The royal chef is probably still a vir___, being a bachelor -- our Choi Sanggung's heart is shaky, shaky no?  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, tazmin said:

I think regardless of how I rationalise it, the thought of the ending of So Yong coming back to her body and her and the King living happily ever after still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I fell in love with the Chef and King, not really So Yong and King. I understand that with conservative Korea, the writers are in a tough spot but still :sad1:

Yeah, I feel so uncomfortable because king actually fell in love with So Bong. He had no interest in So Yong whatsoever. So king loving So Bong is genuine, but if he ends up loving So Yong thinking she's So Bong (because she can act like one) is really upsetting. That's not that different from Oh My Ghost ending.

The traits that king likes about So Bong are Jang Bong Hwan's.

At the lake, when So Bong tries to act more like queen with So Yong traits, King felt weird out and kept telling So Bong to act natural (act like Jang Bong Hwan). So when So Bong left brashly with Bong Hwan traits, king smiled and said "that's my queen."

The dominant soul is Jang Bong Hwan. Sure, queen also had So Yong traits, but the most thought process happened by Jang Bong Hwan. At this point, Bong Hwan spent more time with king than So Yong ever did.

Also, king basically already started to have interest in So Bong even before So Yong traits came out.

If the drama really wants So Yong and king ending, then drama should have continously switch the dominant soul or two souls should have coexisted trying to dominate one another, and show that king prefers So Yong instead of Bong Hwan. Then I wouldn't have a problem with that ending.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Just started watching this... and find them both adorable in their roles!

i think original soyong is still a pretty gutsy woman and she was heartbroken when she jumped into the lake....

she boldly told the king that he should love her and also confronted the concubine and asked her to come clean..

but in her era... there wasn’t much option as she couldn’t get through to the king at that time....

she was already too invested emotionally

on the other hand bonghwan has no baggage...

I felt the turning point was when bonghwan told the court that she attempted suicide.... the king was already starting to feel the guilt when

1.he realised she had jumped after her conversation with him when she pleaded with him and said that he should love her and he asked if that was an order  

2.he found out that she had asked the dowager to let her go when she found out that the king despised her.

he didn’t know the real soyong then but after said that he would try....

so I think that timing of the re entry of parts of soyong memories and behaviour are starting to seep through and hopefully that’s how I’ll eventually see CJ and SY as a couple... I feel that BH’s character allows SY’s feelings to be expressed.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@louisawatson Amen! My thoughts exactly, I wouldn’t put it better. I wouldn’t be against Cheoljong/So Yong endgame if it was done right - if they made two souls switching and made Cheoljong prefer the queen romantically when So Yong was in control while making Jang Bong Hwan developing a platonic friendship with Cheoljong. They made this work in a drama called “49 Days” where two souls took turns to take control of a body and each of them had romantic interest in someone else. And it worked and didn’t feel too weird because there was a clear distinction of who liked who.

But we’re halfway through Mr Queen and we haven’t seen So Yong and Cheoljong interact at all save for few flashbacks. How on Earth am I supposed to root for them if all I’ve seen so far was Cheoljong falling for Jang Bong Hwan? As you said, Cheoljong was uncomfortable when So Bong tried to be perfect demure queen, while he smiled fondly when she switched back to her brash and cheeky self, it’s clear as a day who he loves. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In fact, he looks hopelessly in love regardless of how she treats him in front of all the servants.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Hi @kwayteow_mama   - your name reminds me of Char Kway Teow.   

Now I understand how the King interprets those words -- LMAO .

:Megathanks:

3. Anti-fan : an even stronger guardian angel; the rank of general (천하대장군급)  :joy:

28 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Min2206 @partyon

The king : my type is The muscular woman  like  you my queen  :D

That love unbreakable no touching rules :phew:

I hope there will be MORE touching and kissing on the next few episodes , please :Please:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, aisling said:

@tazmin I feel the same, friend! As much as I try, I just don’t know how I’d stomach the ending without Bong Hwan and Cheoljong together. It wouldn’t feel right for So Yong to come back and take Bong Hwan’s place because it was Bong Hwan who made Cheoljong feel the way he feels now. I truly hope BH and SY are the same soul, that way the love story would be complete. I’m still hanging on this hope because we haven’t seen So Yong at all except for the flashbacks.

1 hour ago, louisawatson said:

Yeah, I feel so uncomfortable because king actually fell in love with So Bong. He had no interest in So Yong whatsoever. So king loving So Bong is genuine, but if he ends up loving So Yong thinking she's So Bong (because she can act like one) is really upsetting. That's not that different from Oh My Ghost ending.

The traits that king likes about So Bong are Jang Bong Hwan's.

At the lake, when So Bong tries to act more like queen with So Yong traits. King felt weird out and kept telling So Bong to act natural (act like Jang Bong Hwan). So when So Bong left brashly with Bong Hwan traits, king smiled and said "that's my queen."

The dominant soul is Jang Bong Hwan. Sure, queen also had So Yong traits, but the most thought process happened by Jang Bong Hwan. At this point, Bong Hwan spent more time with king than So Yong ever did.

Also, king basically already started to have interest in So Bong even before So Yong traits came out.

If the drama really wants So Yong and king ending, then drama should have continously switch the dominant soul or two souls should have coexisted trying to dominate one another, and show that king prefers So Yong instead of Bong Hwan. Then I wouldn't have a problem with that ending.

Yeah in my mind as far as I’m concerned, So Yong is dead, we haven’t seen any tangible evidence of her present other than her memories. If it were two souls coexisting, I wouldn’t mind the ending of Chef going back to his original body. But that’s not the direction that’s been shown...aaaahh :weary:

Maybe if it were a webdrama, it might’ve gone into the brave direction we’d hoped for 

• Like 3

q6KO6X4.jpg

I came across this comment that made me LOL. ZERO chemistry between the leads? Like are we even watching the same drama? The chemistry between Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun is burning! There are sparks flying around them whenever they’re onscreen together. They both have amazing comedic timing but they they’re also intense and hot with passion.

This comes from someone who has been watching k-dramas for over a decade and I can honestly say they are already in my TOP 5 OTPs. They’re well matched in visuals and talents. Imagine if they had cast lesser actors, there’s no way the drama would be this engaging.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

57 minutes ago, aisling said:

q6KO6X4.jpg

I came across this comment that made me LOL. ZERO chemistry between the leads? Like are we even watching the same drama? The chemistry between Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun is burning! There are sparks flying around them whenever they’re onscreen together. They both have amazing comedic timing but they they’re also intense and hot with passion.

This comes from someone who has been watching k-dramas for over a decade and I can honestly say they are already in my TOP 5 OTPs. They’re well matched in visuals and talents. Imagine if they had cast lesser actors, there’s no way the drama would be this engaging.

Don’t be upset on such comments. I recently read views on “Crash landing on you” which really surprised me. They said that there were no chemistry between OTP! No chemistry between Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin!!! I was shocked how sometimes people could be blind and could not feel an obvious strong tension between two leads! So don’t be upset on those comments!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aisling said:

The chemistry between Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun is burning! There are sparks flying around them whenever they’re onscreen together. They both have amazing comedic timing but they they’re also intense and hot with passion.

honestly this afternoon i was already fretting how i will be able to watch and be convinced of future shs and kjh lovelines where they partner up with other actors when i've witnessed this legendary pairing :'D

3 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Hi @kwayteow_mama   - your name reminds me of Char Kway Teow.   

hello both... i would just like to say - same. HAHA

also thanks for sharing that tweet @kwayteow_mama the dictionary is so freaking cute i wanna cry

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

I agree that CJ seems to have liked So Bong and not So Yong because of all the reasons stated above. I’ve also noticed how creeped out he was when she acted like the timid queen.

However, I also believe that even in real life (lol pardon me), when one falls deeply in love with a person, one shouldn’t be finding reasons why he/she loves the other in the first place. I mean sure, CJ cringed at such moments when she tried to act perfect but right now, he isn’t even aware of his feelings just yet. And not to mention, he doesn’t know So Bong exists. He only knows So Yong and only her, regardless of how she acts toward him. 

In time probably, and of course this is just a thought, when he finally acknowledges his true feelings for her, he will love her no matter the circumstance. Because in love, all reasons go out of the window. Sorry for sounding so cheesy lmao

TBH, i don’t mind a BL loveline if that’s what the writers are really going for. However like I mentioned in my previous post, I see a reason why So Bong is getting all mixed up right now. And if I’m right about it, there’s high chance we get a CJxSY ending. 

• Like 2

HJ can fall into the lake now...the King won't look for you :joy::joy:

The fact that we have come from this:

d239ad71b5757fbe4d58587fbc45e85750572cc4

TO THIS!!

eb2693fd9dba39600d0c36e06d49df909fa7590f

Cred. owner

So Bong can be in denial as much as HE wants but he's falling for the King as well, whether he likes it or not :heart4:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Blob 3