[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

2 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

As someone who has watched way too many harem dramas, the royal concubine is digging her own undoing. The number one rule in every harem is to never , ever boast about your favour , it will be the cause of your downfall. The minute she started to get cocky, he started slipping away from her. She’s lucky it’s Jang Bong Hwan’s soul, if it was the queen or another Joseon woman , she would’ve been plotted out of the palace. I liked her and understood her , but the writers seem to set her her character up for downfall. She is three faced, innocent and caring in front of the king , calculating in front of the Queen dowager and cocky in front of the Queen. And jealousy is really getting to her and inciting her dark vices, it’s only a matter of time Cheoljong starts piecing things together , given how observant and calculating he is. She can only be safe if she chooses to pick a side , the power or love. Her safer option is love, if she stops now , when the king loves and trusts her , she can cover up her tracks. She can even conceive a child probably. Power is not wise, because she is new and the people in the place will abandon her just as easily. And the king would not like it, if he learns she is vying for more power. But if she tries to have it all , both the power and love , having to much faith in his love for her, that’s when she will lose everything, all together. I really wanted to root for her , hopefully her character will have some development in the end.

She act so cocky to the queen because she has the king's favor.

But the fact that she get king's favor by lied to him that she saved him when they were little annoyed me the most.

I'm 100% sure the one that save the little Cheoljong actually was the little So Yong.

Btw, the queen already occupied the king's heart and mind now:smirk:

credit to @Kaizen68

Yes, I really like the king's dumbfounded expression whenever his interact with his unpredictable queen.

He's trying to keep his cool composure in front of her but usually it failed LOOL:lol:

credit to @deanne3004

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

This is the right place to vent.

I HATE the cousin!!!! When he said "You should be mine" and leaned in to kiss her, I almost bumped my head against the screen. I can't believe he disregarded Soyong's feelings like that. Even if she hadn't married the king, what makes this this this :vicx: think that she would have been his?! What nonsense was that dialogue? SY doesn't have feelings for this dude. UGH. :onfirex:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Interesting theory but I sort of dont want bong hwan to ever return to his body I hope it goes the Chinese route but what you said seems like a likely route. 

i dont really mind any ending at this point (im just concerned about the execution) and i personally dont think that that theory i proposed is indicative of any specific ending. a few people pointed out that it may go the oh my ghostess route, which im personally also not a fan of either.

i know everyone finds the cousin annoying but damn that face off between the king and the cousin - both actors were stellar in it. the tears in his eyes when the king said that soyong is no longer someone he can desire, a really nice touch

• Blob 1

3 hours ago, sw33tm3lody said:

This is the right place to vent.

I HATE the cousin!!!! When he said "You should be mine" and leaned in to kiss her, I almost bumped my head against the screen. I can't believe he disregarded Soyong's feelings like that. Even if she hadn't married the king, what makes this this this :vicx: think that she would have been his?! What nonsense was that dialogue? SY doesn't have feelings for this dude. UGH.

I would’ve labelled him creepy and disgustingly possessive if he did kiss her tbh , he is still creepy though..

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, poopytubby said:

a few people pointed out that it may go the oh my ghostess route, which im personally not a fan either

couldn't agree more. I watched Oh My Ghost, but it doesn't feel right. Sun woo fell for the ghost, not the body. Even though eventually he falls for Bong Sun too, the one who made him loves her is the ghost at the first time. and there are too many memories of them being together. But it ends up with a handshake? Or a goodbye? I don't remember. I just remember that Sun woo looks scared when he realized all this time he's interacted with a ghost. I am a fan of Jo Jung Suk tho :D

Anyway, I dont think I would like this route to happen in Mr. queen.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I liked the episode. The queen was unconscious for the most part ,but the king more than made up for it. I loved how he immediately ran to her. It’s interesting how he seems to lose all composure and pretense when it comes to the queen. The concubine was always suspicious so not surprised by her schemes. I find the cousin very irritating. He was already arrogant and now he has become creepy by trying to kiss the queen while she’s unconscious. On a happier note, it was so cute when the queen was impressed by her makeover. I don’t know what’s going on with Bong Hwan and So Yong souls’ but I’m just going to hope the writers find a way to make everything workout. The preview was really exciting. Seems like the queen is going to catch feelings, which is not surprising because..... just look at the king. Can’t wait for the next episode! 

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Spoiler

So based on the stills, it means this drama will has the first bed scene tonight while the king is in his his in-laws house like in the Chinese version? If so, then the king will get drunk too because he also drink.

But the queen's cousin is also drinking with the royal couple.

Will they leave him behind after drunk and have a bed scene? Awkward LOL:lol:

credit to the owner

We will get the story of their childhood encounter aww

credit to the owner

This love triangle is hilarious

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

K-netz comments about Mr. Queen ep 7

Kim Junghyun, running straight towards Shin Hyesun after hearing about her fainting! 

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-02_at_113912_pm

1. [+586][-2] Two weeks ago, someone said the King never runs – I wonder who said that??? Wasn’t it Cheoljong?

2. [+519][-1] every time he went to go see Hwajin, he always trotted but never ran but he ran as soon as he heard that the Queen collapsed… True love

3. [+482][-1] The fact that he’s hella good at running is cool but also funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+378][-2] He’s running without any grace. Cheoljong-ie, that silly man ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+345][-3] No but why is he so good at running ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cheoljong-ie is truly in love

Shin Hyesun manages to wake up with a powerful rage, grabbing him by the scruff of his neck and fainting again!

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-03_at_122409_am-7

1. [+713][-4] Court Lady Choi ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ‘What is she going to chew now’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What am I going to do with this drama, it’s so entertaining

2. [+418][-1] I was seriously so shocked ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ A bunch of cussing as soon as she regained consciousness

3. [+377][-4] What is she going to chew now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Court Lady Choi saying that in the midst of this ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seriously ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+341][-4] Seriously, look at Cheoljong’s gaze,,,, I feel like I’ve been hit

5. [+281][-2] No but ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why is she exactly like Jang Bongwhan when she regained consciousness ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Shin Hyesun is on a forced luxury vacation 

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-02_at_114158_pm-7

1. [+601][-0] I was thinking that the OST with “Bongwhan-ah~~~~~~!!!!” could only be sung but Norazo but it actually was by Norazo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Every time I hear it, I feel like I’m going to go insane with laughter ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+498][-2] No but the father is Joseon’s biggest fool for his daughter. His class

3. [+355][-0] Why are there so many doctors ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+354][-0] ㅎㅎ Even in Joseon, your own family is full of love ~ I love this

5. [+309][-1] The Queen’s father’s network of the top 1% of doctors (shudder) ㅋㅋㅋ

[Secret Ending] In the palace, everyone has a secret, but nothing is forever! 

Spoiler

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-02_at_113551_pm-7

1. [+922][-4] I think it was Soyong who saved Cheoljong from the well when he was younger, not Jo Hwajin…? I feel like Jo Hwajin is also hiding something

2. [+906][-9] What those of us who saw today’s episode felt: as soon as the Queen woke up, I could feel like I could breathe again ㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Hyesun needs to make more appearances

3. [+692][-8] From the preview, I think that maybe Soyong was Bongwhan’s past life…

4. [+620][-1] Wasn’t it the Queen who saved him from the well? But Cheoljong thinks it was Hwajin who saved him

5. [+560][-5] So now, is he going to become one with Soyong and we can expect a serious romance? A lot of us are expecting it

Source: https://netizen-kore.com/2021/01/naver-tv-mr-queen-episode-7-comments-and-reactions.html

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

On 12/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, zinaa said:

hi... anyone have the link to watch it live...:Pandabulous:

omg same as what i was thinking ... in the end the king will love Bong Hwan and am sure he will love him back... so why not leave it like this... or they will use the reincarnation storyline that Bong Hwan was the Ssoyoung in the past life & they will meet & have their character & history shared between them... but to switch to normal that i will really hate to see...

so yesterday ep support the idea (hey will use the reincarnation storyline that Bong Hwan was the Ssoyoung in the past life & they will meet & have their character & history shared between them..)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Hi all!.:wub:

Newbie in thia thread.hope Im welcome.

Anyways, Im loving this drama..I adore the king and queen .❤ and soon enough we will be seeing our royal couple developing romantic feelings for one anorher..this part is something Im truly looking forward.

Bluntly speaking Im starting to hate the cousin more so the concubine..

Hi @Jillia @Ameera Ali nice to see you here  .:)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Queen Cheorin Hits 12.414% Ratings in Episode, on Pace to Surpass Mr.Sunshine, Goblin, and Crash Landing on You as Highest Rated tvN Drama

For full article:
http://koalasplayground.com/2021/01/02/queen-cheorin-hits-12-414-ratings-in-episode-7-on-pace-to-surpass-mr-sunshine-goblin-and-crash-landing-on-you-as-highest-ratinged-tvn-drama/

• Like 9

I’m still wondering where So Yong’s soul went?

Is she in Bong Hwan’s body or not? We haven’t seen her act at all after the lake incident. And if she’s still in her own body but suppressed by Bong Hwan, then there’s like no soul in Bong Hwan’s body that lies in a hospital? 

I somehow still hold onto a theory that they’re the same soul, it’s suspicious there was a talk about a reincarnation and parallel universes in a previous episode. 

But Bong Hwan still has unfinished business in the future so I think the story might take this route. 

So Bong will eventually fall in love with Cheoljong, even though she’ll be in a denial for a very long time. But then there will be a chance to return to the future. Bong Hwan’s body might miraculously wake up or something like that. Bong Hwan leaves So Yong’s body behind and So Yong’s body falls into a coma while Bong Hwan in the future wakes up. Bong Hwan will be ecstatic for awhile, he’s going to destroy his enemies because after surviving Joseon palace schemes it’s going to be a piece of cake to beat his opponents in the future.

But after awhile he’s going to realise his true life is the Joseon one with Cheoljong. He’s going to go back willingly, back to his true life and love. 

LOL, this is my take on a fan fiction for now :glasses:

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

About the planning to change the Queen or dethrone the Queen by Kim clan

Spoiler

In novel, as I remember, the Queen also realized her family already made planning to change the Queen, but the Queen made it fail, the Queen saved the position with pregnancy.

Nah as we will have their first night, if both of them were drunk, I hope the queen could save the position with the pregnancy.

But as I checked again the history, the first son of King Cheoljong from Royal Noble Consort Kim, so it's true that Kim clan sent another woman for king right?

Queen's son was the 2nd, but from Royal Noble Consort Jo, 3rd son and 4th son.

Excited for episode 8 tonight

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Queen Cheorin Hits 12.414% Ratings in Episode, on Pace to Surpass Mr.Sunshine, Goblin, and Crash Landing on You as Highest Rated tvN Drama

For full article:
http://koalasplayground.com/2021/01/02/queen-cheorin-hits-12-414-ratings-in-episode-7-on-pace-to-surpass-mr-sunshine-goblin-and-crash-landing-on-you-as-highest-ratinged-tvn-drama/

Congrats on the high viewership on Mr Queen drama!   All the characters down to the Royal Court Ladies, the Queens, King's half brothers, Kim's clan, the Royal and kitchen chef(s), royal physician, eunuchs and all are great!     

Can I ask, would Kim Byung In (the cousin) one day go against his father, Kim Jwa Geun when he finds out that his father is responsible in finding an alternative replacement to replace the current Queen?  And team up with the King?   Maybe he will also somehow mislead his son to think it's the Jo clan and King who wants to get rid of current Queen.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Just watched ep 7 and I think two things stood out:

1) So Yong's and Bong Hwan's souls are one and the same soul. Maybe Bong Hwan was reincarnated as So Yong in present day. We saw them now morphed into one, as Bong Hwan's and So Yong's memories are both in So Yong's body.

2) Bong Hwan is starting to accept his womanly body. It was apparent when he was standing in front of the mirror admiring himself. This means that we are starting to gear up for a romance between the King and Mr. Queen.

Light spoiler about Go Princess Go

Spoiler

It was never revealed in the original work where the princess's soul went.

I think the same will happen here, as it seems that there is only one soul.

The question is what will happen to Bong Hwan's body and if they plan on separating the souls again in the end.

Oppa's voice over disappeared during the course of ep 7. If this is the case in ep 8 as well, it supports both point 1) and 2)

Waiting for ep 8

:getmygrooveon:

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

couldn't agree more. I watched Oh My Ghost, but it doesn't feel right. Sun woo fell for the ghost, not the body. Even though eventually he falls for Bong Sun too, the one who made him loves her is the ghost at the first time. and there are too many memories of them being together. But it ends up with a handshake? Or a goodbye? I don't remember. I just remember that Sun woo looks scared when he realized all this time he's interacted with a ghost. I am a fan of Jo Jung Suk tho :D

Anyway, I dont think I would like this route to happen in Mr. queen.

Omg yess, i agree with this. I dropped Oh my ghost when I realized that's how it will end. It felt off so I dropped it and I just watched video clips to enjoy jjs and park bo young's chemistry :lol:. So I hope we get a lot of mr. Queen and king scenes to enjoy incase they go with this route. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

For full article:

well shin hye-sun is the queen of ratings for no reason! Congrats Mr. Queen family!

• Blob 2