[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

9 hours ago, jannedrumsit said:

Agree, the show seems like it wants us to care about her character. If not, they wouldn't have cared to write a backstory of So Yong.

One of the reasons why I don't care about romance at this point is because I feel like the show hasn't revealed all its cards yet. I mean, we've seen 6 episodes out of 20? That's not even halfway. Sure, the King seems to be concerned with BH-Queen, but BH is still the man he's ever been. The King could be falling in love with the BH-Queen, but we still don't know if the King has had any ounce of feeling towards So Yong in the past. Apparently, there is still the childhood story waiting to be told. I totally welcome if they will go the BL route, but so far based on what I've seen with So Yong, I think the King and So Yong needs to fix their misunderstandings sooner or later.

2 hours ago, kyakyari said:

talking about King potentially fall in love with the current queen possessed by Bong Hwan soul makes think about something.

i dont know if this is spoiler or not

Hide contents

what if actually King already meets so yong before she becomes a potential queen? both of them having interaction out of the palace.

First, in Byeon In flashback about So Yong. So Yong said to her cousin aka Byeon In she met King one day looks like an idiot (before he become king), other time he looks like jade (after he become king). and then so yong said last night he looks like her cousin (wearing non palace outfit or King has some secret inspection with his brother and friend). but to cover this So Yong then added: "In my dream". maybe she afraid it is King's secret.

Second, I guess when in scene king has nightmare then queen wake him up, but king mistakenly saying "hwa jin you save me again". maybe the truth is not hwa jin but So young was the one who helps the king. maybe King mistakenly hwa jin as the one who helps him, and she goes with it. or Hwa Jin making a lie about it and making her like she was the one who was in King's memory about that incident. judging her expression after fainted, kind of an antagonist expression. Moreover, So Yong said to Hwa Jin that she knows her lie. because of this truth, So Yong desperately said to King "You Should love me" not to Hwa Jin because the woman that you encountered and save you is me not her.

the cold rejection by saying "Is that an order?" from King, perfecting So Yong's depression and without a second thought she jumps off to the lake. after mentally being pushed by his clan when she wants to give up as queen or maybe being on the king's side as well as the guy she loved which has loved to somebody else.

so, to sum up I think even without Bong Hwan's help in queen body. King would learn this unrevealed past and regret not giving So Yong a chance to explain or saw her from a different point of view. Bong Hwan there just to accelerate King and Queen relationship. so if Bong Hwan, back to his original body and So Yong wakes up in her body, even her traits are pretty different from her previous possessed queen. I think King would still fall in love with her and develop sympathy and affection for her since the queen is not the person that he thought, as bad as her clan.

besides, So Yong said she is not like herself when she looks so despair in front of her cousin, maybe there is a carefree and wild (lol) soul in So Yong like Bong Hwan, an unpredictable woman, as he learns she is not bad as her clan and just a doll, like him for Kim Andong clan.

I think this is the obvious and expected route which im not a fan of but which I think will happen. BH will make the king realise that he loved the queen and once SY switches back they will realise their true feelings for each other. I also think they will go the route of flashback and showing that they liked each other years ago or something its a easy cop out honestly. 

Even if they show flashbacks of them connecting my opinion wont really change because before she and the king and queen were not on good terms at all the king didnt really care about her when she tried to kill her self. 

I also think Mr Queen can fight with the King against people while SY wont be in the right head space to do that. 

I wish they go the Chinese route and had balls but they wont. A more interesting route is the chef and king fall for each other while the king gets revenge for SY that is what I think is more interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Annie12 said:

Maybe they go way back and he likes/love his concubine becouse he thinks he saved him back then.

Another telling scene was when Hwa Jin said that So Yong lost the King because of 'that lie'. I assume that lie is the one committed by Hwa Jin and why she is now enjoying the attention of the King.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

[Naver TV] ‘Mr Queen’ Episode 6 Comments and Reactions

Netizenkore / December 29, 2020

Shin Hyesun who wants to return to modern society VS Kim Junghyun who wants to save Shin Hyesun! Misunderstood ‘No Touch’! 

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 11.43.18 am

1. [+1020][-10] Today’s episode was hella entertaining as well ㅋㅋ Soyong’s ‘No Touch’ meant for him to not touch her but the King’s ‘No Touch’ meant them living together happily ㅋㅋ In the midst of this, her saying ‘I’m not going to do ‘No Touch’ so get lost’ is so funny ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+914][-11] Even during this comedic scene, I’m in awe of how good-looking Kim Junghyun is…

3. [+766][-6] Cheoljung has fallen – fallen deep inside of the lake that is the queen. Nothing is going to stop him and he’s got his life on the line so his teary one-sided love will start now

4. [+710][-8] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Shin Hyesun’s acting is insane… She’s seriously so talented!!

5. [+682][-7] Those two fighting while shouting ‘No Touch No Touch’ is so f*cking funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Shocking!! Shin Hyesun, the way back to modern society was not through the lake?! 

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 11.45.42 am

1. [+473][-3] When I watch Shin Hyesun, it seriously feels like she has a man’s soul… It’s mesmerising… Seriously, once again, I’m shocked by her incredible acting ㅠ

2. [+303][-2] Maybe Jang Bonghwan’s body back in modern society is in a coma? He did hit his head pretty hard…

3. [+237][-1] Court Lady Choi is normally insignificant but she caught on to the danger when saying “Are you still taking your time?” (T/N: to the eavesdropping court lady)

4. [+200][-1] I saw someone say that at this point, they feel so sorry for Bongwhan and it made me laugh ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ As soon as Bonghwan ended up in Chosun, he doesn’t have his phone and became impotent ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+185][-5] Bonghwan has become a drowned rat ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Is he being swayed by Shin Hyesun leaving Seol Ina behind! A question towards Kim Junghyun

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 11.56.08 am

1. [+868][-1] You can keep the concubine…

2. [+709][-3] You in blue – just shut up

3. [+644][-2] I think he’ll later betray them

4. [+549][-1] Can you just shut up

5. [+422][-4] I think he’ll ruin it later and he’s probably this drama’s biggest villain

[Breath-stopping Ending] Collapsed Shin Hyesun with no pulse?! Choi Jinhyuk is also in a hospital?? 

Spoiler

Screenshot-2020-12-29-at-11.57.38-am-102

1. [+2209][-15] At this point, shouldn’t they include Choi Jinhyuk as a part of the main cast? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1246][-9] Oh yeah, no more shared palace

3. [+869][-21] In my opinion, I think the soul of the actual queen has died… If not, how can Bongwhan’s spirit still be inside of Soyong when she woke up – writer-nim, is her soul really dead? Also, I’ve heard rumours about cancelling the show – please tell me it’s not being cancelled ㅜㅜ

4. [+818][-9] This is a great example of what ‘special feature’ should look like. Even in Marvel, Samuel L Jackson keeps appearing as a special guest and I think Choi Jinhyuk has a similar role. It’s unusual for someone to make a special guest feature to this extent in a Korean drama but I respect Choi Jinhyuk’s decision to do this for the show

5. [+649][-13] Omg… My heart stopped when he said ‘She’s my woman’ in the preview ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Pretty good comments love to see what people say. 

3. [+766][-6] Cheoljung has fallen – fallen deep inside of the lake that is the queen. Nothing is going to stop him and he’s got his life on the line so his teary one-sided love will start now

Love this comment but I hope its not one sided ;p

3. [+869][-21] In my opinion, I think the soul of the actual queen has died… If not, how can Bongwhan’s spirit still be inside of Soyong when she woke up – writer-nim, is her soul really dead? Also, I’ve heard rumours about cancelling the show – please tell me it’s not being cancelled ㅜㅜ

I have not heard this at all what? Why would a show with 12% ratings get cancelled. 

Edited by Berou
Please post 3 images, the rest should be hidden under the spoiler tag
  • Like 6
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think this is the obvious and expected route which im not a fan of but which I think will happen. BH will make the king realise that he loved the queen and once SY switches back they will realise their true feelings for each other. I also think they will go the route of flashback and showing that they liked each other years ago or something its a easy cop out honestly. 

Ugghh, I hope it's not gonna happen. And I think it won't happen. For me, too, this is an easy cop-out, as you said. And many Kdramas exalt childhood, as if the events and person who came after become insignificant. 

I am watching "the moon that embraces the sun" since it glorifies childhood. But it felt so different from Mr. Queen. The main theme of Mr. Queen is a comedy, and I think this drama needs to show the character development why the King fell in love with the Real Soyong even though the Chef is not in her body anymore. And it may take several episodes to convince the audience. In that case, maybe this drama is not funny anymore. It would become a melo-drama.

Also, the center of the comedy is the Chef, while Choi Jin Hyuk is only a cameo. He may appear again, but only for a few minutes in a few episodes (the queen's imagination, his situation in the hospital, or some flashbacks, etc). Anyway, he needs to be in the body of Soyong until the end of the series to keep the drama alive.

And I saw this on Twitter. It's in the last three days of filming. Judging from her expression, I think it's the Chef that inside the body. 

And also, if you watch Go Princess Go, the fact that the Queen was a chef is like a hint that she will fall in love with him.

Spoiler

Because in the drama go princess go, the Queen often serves food made from durian to the king. The king pretended to dislike it, but when the Queen left, the king ate it voraciously. She serves foods so that she could get his attention, lol.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I agree with Naver comment, Kim Jung Hyun did look spectacular even with water dripping from him.

SdXTUr6.gif

Everyone is praising Shin Hye Sun (and rightly so, after all I started watching Mr Queen mainly because of her) but KJH does as a good job. The scenes between Cheoljong and So Yong wouldn’t be so captivating if the two leads weren’t so greatly matched in talent.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Ugghh, I hope it's not gonna happen. And I think it won't happen. For me, too, this is an easy cop-out, as you said. And many Kdramas exalt childhood, as if the events and person who came after become insignificant. 

I am watching "the moon that embraces the sun" since it glorifies childhood. But it felt so different from Mr. Queen. The main theme of Mr. Queen is a comedy, and I think this drama needs to show the character development why the King fell in love with the Real Soyong even though the Chef is not in her body anymore. And it may take several episodes to convince the audience. In that case, maybe this drama is not funny anymore. It would become a melo-drama.

Also, the center of the comedy is the Chef, while Choi Jin Hyuk is only a cameo. He may appear again, but only for a few minutes in a few episodes (the queen's imagination, his situation in the hospital, or some flashbacks, etc). Anyway, he needs to be in the body of Soyong until the end of the series to keep the drama alive.

And I saw this on Twitter. It's in the last three days of filming. Judging from her expression, I think it's the Chef that inside the body. 

And also, if you watch Go Princess Go, the fact that the Queen was a chef is like a hint that she will fall in love with him.

Hide contents

Because in the drama go princess go, the Queen often serves food made from durian to the king. The king pretended to dislike it, but when the Queen left, the king ate it voraciously. She serves foods so that she could get his attention, lol.

I hope you are right I want it to go this route. 

43 minutes ago, aisling said:

I agree with Naver comment, Kim Jung Hyun did look spectacular even with water dripping from him.

Everyone is praising Shin Hye Sun (and rightly so, after all I started watching Mr Queen mainly because of her) but KJH does as a good job. The scenes between Cheoljong and So Yong wouldn’t be so captivating if the two leads weren’t so greatly matched in talent.

I want a drama where he gets praised and wins awards I think he deserves I think Shin Hye Sun would win them all over him even though his acting espically in the eyes is something amazing.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

I can see Mr Queen taking two roads.

Either the whole team will have balls to make the romance about two men (and I’m confident they would make it subtle and tasteful) and the drama will be remembered as

tenor.gif

Or they chicken out and make it 

tenor.gif

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

92f25802b6124d3ab8220837766188ae.jpeg?s=

Watch: Shin Hye Sun, Kim Jung Hyun, And More Impress With Their Confidence While Filming “Mr. Queen”

Dec 30, 2020
by S. Cho

Mr. Queen” has uploaded a fun new behind-the-scenes video!

For a scene with Kim Jung Hyun, Seol In Ah, Yoo Min Kyu, and Lee Jae Won, they hilariously struggle to keep in their laughter at Lee Jae Won’s improvisations.

Later, Seol In Ah is joined by Shin Hye Sun and the two giggle about tearing up after being so immersed in their acting. As they’re filming at night, the two look disappointed that they can’t see the moon. Then Shin Hye Sun tells Seol In Ah, “The moon has disappeared because you are too beautiful.”

The next few scenes look at Shin Hye Sun showing off her skills in the kitchen, genuinely surprising all the staff on set.

MORE

Credit to the owner

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Annie12 said:

Yess! That!

I thought about the same when she said the you "should love me". The king interpreted that wrong! Maybe they go way back and he likes/love his concubine becouse he thinks he saved him back then.

the flashback about so yong's memory catch my attention, i thought why she is so confident told king to love her well in emotionally sad not like an order. like it must be something missunderstanding between them, so yong wants to make it clear but can't. not long after that, there's conversation between so yong and hwa jin talked about so yong attempts to kill king. aaa it must be this which makes Soo Yong's situation locked up.

i just so curious what happen to so yong's and all the conversation in flashback. what story does she has before.. even if so yong do not return or live or maybe already died at least give me some glimpse of her story like rooftop prince when han ji min character in jeoson era died (i didnt watch go princess go, so i dont know it that drama does it gives viewer story about the original soul of queen) well yeah it's just only episode 6, we still have many episode to show us. why saturday and sunday is so loooong :D

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I had a discussion on Twitter with someone who lurked around in Korean resources. There are some pictures that contain major spoilers (and I think everyone has seen it). One staff constantly leaking pictures and other staffs clear the mess. That's why the original post of the pics has been deleted. I thought it was fine since everyone talking about it. Until staff pointed out that the pics contain major spoiler. Especially, it seems like people who watched the original series spoiled a lot by those pics alone .

These are the pics:

Spoiler

50776446793_2b48a0e351_c.jpg

50777316647_a3542f6dd9_c.jpg

Anyway it seems like the pics support the romance will be with

Spoiler

The chef

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, aisling said:

Yes, our king looks so hot with the water dripping!

I like the way he stared at her hairpin.

credit to the owner

And when he snapped to his court official:

credit to the owner

And after seeing this I can imagine him dancing with the queen here haha

Spoiler

credit to the owner

I like this little scene. So cute!

credit to the owner

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Omg guys! Reading your posts makes me want to watch Go Princess Go so bad!!! But i'm so scared to get unwanted spoilers, i don't dare watching it XD 

I'm all in for any romance between our leads. Can the weekend come faster already XD?!

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

I had a discussion on Twitter with someone who lurked around in Korean resources. There are some pictures that contain major spoilers (and I think everyone has seen it). One staff constantly leaking pictures and other staffs clear the mess. That's why the original post of the pics has been deleted. I thought it was fine since everyone talking about it. Until staff pointed out that the pics contain major spoiler. Especially, it seems like people who watched the original series spoiled a lot by those pics alone .

I am writing this down so that I won't write something vaguely in the future. Some friends DM-ed me on Twitter about the spoilers are. So I think some of you also don't mind or want to discuss. Anyway, this is probably not an unwanted spoiler, also leads to our preferred romance. We already discussed the possible endings here, either from the series or from the novel. So I think this is this is only one piece of puzzle in the near end of the series. I may be totally wrong about it, but it's just too similar with the original series. And, I considered it a major spoiler since the pictures have leaked. Btw I made this spoiler box into three layers. Lol.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

In the c-drama. The king went to a war zone, and the queen chased him. She believed that he forgot to bring his medicine (that's why it seemed there she brought something in her hand, a blue pouch). In the c-drama, the queen couldn't fight. But she insisted on going as she's worried a lot about her husband. Thus she risked her own life and the Queen Dowager gave permission. She left the palace together with the people closest to her (that's why in the pic, the royal chef, the court lady, and Hong Yeon bring weapons).

I assume it is the chef inside the queen because it was a manly action. And there is the royal chef together with them.

The ninth-prince (Byeong-in in Kdrama) is punished after he committed treason. Maybe that's why he wore a rare-white costume. He is perhaps exiled or something like that.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

I have to disagree. What perfecting her jump into the lake without a second thought not after the King said "is that an order?" but after the concubine said that the Queen tried to kill the king. Perhaps it meant that the queen knew about Andong Kim clan's plan to kill the king but was unable to do anything

about it. 

aaa yes, I thought the same too, I want to write it but my English ability is not good so it makes me tired and confused to think about what should I write :D:D

aa i remember, she already thought about suicide before talked to king and concubine, based on her already made a suicidal letter, giving her precious items to court lady Choi and Hong Yeon. I guess this thought happens after she wants to stop become queen but grand empress dowager (cmiiw) doesn't give her permission, she even said cruel words like if she wants to leave the palace just kill herself in the palace.

I guess she wants to ensure one more time. does she has someone on her side in the palace? maybe king since I thought both of them already met before entering the palace. and she said desperately he should love her. this really makes me curious, why she desperately asking like that?

about kim andong clan plan to kill the king, Kim Jwa Geun, man who always with grand empress dowager seems suspicious to me. I read somewhere i dont know wether it is in Twitter or in Instagram. idk if it's true or not. it's said that after queen pregnant, she must gives poison to King or whoever they are. Did he tell So Yong to poison the King after So Yong pregnant?  without telling to the grand empress dowager. because after BH-queen told her suicidal letter in front of the court, it emphasizes his face. 

12 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

The queen's main problem was that she seemed to have lost her self-esteem and self-worth (because she is in the middle of the lies), not because of being in a total desperate of unrequited love. The King's actions might have played some parts, but the drama itself mentioned it was a silly reason for the queen to take her own life because of a man (as its principal reason).

yes, I absolutely agree, she even wants to leave the palace so she doesn't want to attempt suicide in the first place just because the king doesn't love her. but maybe that factor is the main factor of her sadness. because flashbacks that first appear are bong hwan have is when so yong talked with the king.

12 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Btw I feel like I want to grumbling and nagging a lot... This drama succeeded in making me sympathize with Soyong's character but I am still not sure how the justice will be given to her. That's why I hope the Chef is the queen's reincarnation as she's gaining her memories.

me too :'( just read comment about go princess go about the real queen condition in that drama. it broke my heart since i sympathize her so much too. whenever i listen its OST part 2 which Jang Han Byul - Like a Star. its melody reminds me to so yong, i havent read translation of the lyric yet.

pardon my broken english :D 

aa i'm dying waiting saturday and sunday 

15 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Even if they show flashbacks of them connecting my opinion wont really change because before she and the king and queen were not on good terms at all the king didnt really care about her when she tried to kill her self. 

I also think Mr Queen can fight with the King against people while SY wont be in the right head space to do that. 

I wish they go the Chinese route and had balls but they wont. A more interesting route is the chef and king fall for each other while the king gets revenge for SY that is what I think is more interesting. 

i'm super excited with whatever kind of story will goes on. i'm  just dying to know so yong story T.T

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Do you think that the King will come to realize that Mr. Queen's soul is actually a man's soul from the future?

As for this question I voted no. Keyword on "realise". I think Mr Queen will tell him, that's why the King won't come to this conclusion on his own. Somehow I don't think the Dowager Queen would tell the King about souls etc because the shaman thing she does is in secrecy.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Anybody else looking forward to the moment when Cheoljong taste the food prepared by Bong Hwan? I mean, they wouldn’t rob us of this moment, right? I want to see his stunned expression haha!

I also think Bong Hwan is somehow more fit to navigate through the palace than So Yong, though she was the one who was preparing for the palace life all her life. Bong Hwan is quite crafty and smart in his own way and he doesn’t seem to be fazed by all the politicking. He’s confident and doesn’t let himself be intimidated or manipulated. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

Oh my

my emotions GIF

credit to the owner

So Bong = So Yong + Bong Hwan haha

credit to the owner

So Bong might teach the physician lesson later LOL

Spoiler

credit to the owner

She is like, "You really want to die, don't you?" AHAHA