[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

38 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Is there any more after the meteor shower story, or is that it?

It's the meteor show, but it kind of game me the hope of reincarnation and that they might get together in their next lives.

• Like 4

Dramabeans folks felt cheated by the ending too.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/02/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-248/

Mr. Queen: I really enjoyed the final episodes until that ending ticked me off. I like the bittersweet idea of So-yong and Bong-hwan influencing each other for the better and moving on, but it feels like Bong-hwan was erased from the lives of all the people he loved. And where did So-yong even come from? It seemed like her soul had moved on, but then she popped back up out of nowhere. But most galling for me was the complete erasure of any trace of a love story between Cheoljong and Bong-hwan. Cheoljong fell in love with Bong-hwan distinctly for his unique personality and characteristics, yet he doesn’t even notice when So-yong has a literal personality transplant and ISN’T THE SAME PERSON anymore? And that right after Byung-in was admonished for not noticing the change in So-yong after Bong-hwan took over! All we got was one little comment from Cheoljong about feeling like something was missing, but it didn’t seem to affect his relationship with So-yong at all. And I do not buy that Bong-hwan’s feelings only came from So-yong either. It feels like homophobia to me, and I’m not cool with it. They wanted all the hijinks of a man in the queen’s body falling in love with the king without any acknowledgment of anything remotely non-heteronormative. Not that I’m surprised, but I’m still disappointed.

This is well written I don’t need to add anything else.

• Like 6

Great comedy. Shin Hye Sun can do comedies so well. I didn't begin watching from Ep1. The drama took place during a very sad period in Joseon history......i was afraid it would be laughing in the beginning and crying at the end. Sooooo glad it ends 'happily ever after':happydance:.  Never mind that history is distorted. But the guy who acted as the villain is soooo stiff.....he kept a straight face all right. Doesn't he feel upset that his son got sabotaged? And whose descendent was it that complained about his ancestor was being portrayed in unflattering light?

• Like 3

Came across this interview (don't know if it was posted here or not) where they are answering as both themselves and their characters. I kinda squealed a bit when KJH answered that what he likes about the queen is that she's half man/half woman. Btw, if I'm not putting the video in properly, please forgive me. I'm new to the forum. Both videos have English subs btw.

Also found this interview and the translation is a bit fuzzy, but I think he said that ramen was sad because both times nothing happened afterwards. LOL Could be wrong, but that had me laughing so hard.

Wish there were more interviews of the cast about the show. Seems like a lot of other popular dramas do. CLOY is filled with all sorts of fun ones. Is it because of Covid or that it's not being sponsored by a big distributor like Netflix? 

Edited by Sandy Prater
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Sandy Prater said:

Also found this interview and the translation is a bit fuzzy, but I think he said that ramen was sad because both times nothing happened afterwards. LOL Could be wrong, but that had me laughing so hard.

If I am not mistaken KJH referred to his raymeon scenes in CLOY and Mr Queen, both turned out to be literal ramyeon mukbang not the Netflix and chills type....:brokenheart:

• Like 5

It is true the way Mr Queen is promoted  before, during and after is very underwhelming. It’s one of the highest ratings drama but the way they promote it is like if it was a low ratings drama. 

Like there was literally no interview with Shin Hye Sun??? Even Kim Jung Hyun only did two interviews with the magazines combined with photoshoots but there was no traditional interview. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, cenching said:

If I am not mistaken KJH referred to his raymeon scenes in CLOY and Mr Queen, both turned out to be literal ramyeon mukbang not the Netflix and chills type....:brokenheart:

Ah ha! I was wondering why he mentioned two ramen scenes. Thank you for clarifying. Still funny thinking that he wishes they had panned out...though I know he's just joking...the fangirl in me still pleased to know his character would have been overjoyed.

Edited by Sandy Prater
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, aisling said:

It is true the way Mr Queen is promoted  before, during and after is very underwhelming. It’s one of the highest ratings drama but the way they promote it is like if it was a low ratings drama. 

Like there was literally no interview with Shin Hye Sun??? Even Kim Jung Hyun only did two interviews with the magazines combined with photoshoots but there was no traditional interview. 

TVN promoted True Beauty more than Mr Queen in all of their official SocMed. Every day I saw minimal one snippet of TB but MQ was only 1 to 3 snippets per week.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, cenching said:

TVN promoted True Beauty more than Mr Queen in all of their official SocMed. Every day I saw minimal one snippet of TB but MQ was only 1 to 3 snippets per week.

Wish they would have gone straight to Netflix with this. Maybe then we would have had a different ending too. All supposition on my part as I don't know how the business-end of these things are run.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sandy Prater said:

Came across this interview (don't know if it was posted here or not) where they are answering as both themselves and their characters. I kinda squealed a bit when KJH answered that what he likes about the queen is that she's half man/half woman. Btw, if I'm not putting the video in properly, please forgive me. I'm new to the forum. Both videos have English subs btw.

"This is where we meet for the first time," he says, showing the photo from episode 1. The king weighs in on the great "who did he fall in love with" debate! :tounge_wink:

(Well, not really...)

• Like 5

I said I wouldn't post anymore but here I am. At least I'm coming to terms with the ending...a little. It helps to know that CJ dies young - SoBong left alone in the past without the reason for them staying would have been so sad.

However, the reason I'm posting is to ask for advice/opinions/clarification on a point in the story. Early in the series, Mr. Queen, the maids, Damyang, and the cooks are all talking about the idea of parallel lives...or is it reincarnation. It was so brief and confusing. Mr. Queen draws two lines and seems to be about living simultaneously in both. However, it was so quick and no matter how many times I revisit, I can't understand what she's alluding to because the conversation also seems to reference reincarnation rather than the parallel world theory I'm familiar with filled with doppelgangers whose universe is created by decisions they make...like when she talks about people being completely different from themselves and even jokes to Damyang that the dog could be a human. 

Adding to this confusion is that Damyang talks about her mother having only four fingernails and hopes she has them all in her other life - only to have the audience see that her mom has all of her fingernails (like it was highlighted at their reunion), but that's even more confusing because fingernails take over a year to fully grow back, and we saw Damyang and her family being arrested and put into slavery at the beginning of the series which was only a matter of months.

I don't feel they would have just put that in there arbitrarily...small talk isn't hard to come by so why choose that topic? Is it trying to allude to how BH's soul is in SY - a relationship between the two? If it's true reincarnation though, wouldn't they only have one soul instead of two? Or is it only BW's consciousness that goes back and he actually does share a soul with SY which is why she never left...because he, in essence, brought her back when he returned and then his consciousness returned to the present? 

Or is it just another s***ty plot-hole by writers with too much time on their hands? Oye, my head hurts thinking about it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sandy Prater said:

Or is it just another s***ty plot-hole by writers with too much time on their hands? Oye, my head hurts thinking about it.

Absolutely....:isannoyed: Thru out the drama the writers threw so many Braxton Hicks. From reincarnation, parallel universe, false dead until 2 in 1 (not the shampoo kinds) but at the end they chose the shittiest unimaginable uncreative ending.

• Like 6