[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

50 minutes ago, aisling said:

I think the most frustrating thing is that those previous 19 episodes were just SO GOOD. If the drama was terrible from the beginning, we would just throw it away and move on.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this point!

Right from the first epsode, the characters were so engaging that I found I wished my week away and then watch the epidode in raw and then with subs. Yes, Mr. Queen was JUST THAT GOOD.

I really should have known better with Kdrama endings... it's not like I haven't been burnt before! There is a real growing sense of anxiety with watching drama live- although it is fun to go through it with everyone. I think I will be leaving live watching for a while... Even when I started 18 again on Netflix earlier this week, I skipped to the end to make sure it was a decent ending before I started. I know it's not as exciting to know the ending but honestly at my age, I am perfectly contented to not go through the emotional rollerrcoaster ride at the end.

:rage::astonished::bawling:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

16 hours ago, N. S. said:

Why do you think "So Yong shows to Bong Hwan not to be selfish and think about other before self"?

I mean Soyeon is not saint. We know she tortured her maids before for whatever reason, even King told about it in the first episodes "oh, looks like her health is fine since she is torturing maids again". So Soyeon can also be selfish.

Do you believe BH can't have personal growth himself? I mean I watched people grow to be less selfish as they went through struggles. As they grew up. I watched movies with character growth.

Why do you think it's Soyeon making that BH changed in the end of the story after suffering all those wins and failures, pain and difficulties. Personally I think BH could grow up as a person by himself considering how much he went through, that he can have personal growth all by thanks to himself.

I could not comment yesterday because I exceed my comment post? I did not know they have maximum comment per day.

It's just how I view it. It might be different on your understanding but this is how I perceived the relationship of So Yong to Bong Hwan. Bong Hwan always thinks about himself. He likes I’m the best and I’m number one. Sure, everyone can grow with their own doing. But I believe in the interconnection of everyone. A vibration of one action affects the others. There's a saying to know who you are see yourself in others' person eyes and see what they will see. If So Yong's soul did not leave her body Bong Hwan will never be inside that body. He will remain in his real body in a vegetable state. He will not see how bad the situation before when there’s a slave and complete abuse of power. He will not see the hurt of So Yong because of King rejection. He will still be same as playboy type. If is not for So Yong body. What could happen then? Would he change? Other might think it's only the body, but without it what do you accomplish? Are you able to change? That’s why I love the series is not only about love and fun but life as well. How important our life (Body) to take it for granted. So Yong tried to kill herself but at the end wants to live to be with the King. It's shows at the End when she is bleeding she fight back to live for King and her baby. She matured and understand importance of life.

The karma of trying to end onelife it shows in the show. You are there but no being seen. No matter what you do, you will never be acknowledged. This is So Yong Karma because of her own doing. Yet higher power always can make disaster to be the best story of your life. Because of the karmatic problem she got the chance now with the King, which is the higher plan. The higher uses his power to use other people to help and save you. Also, this segment of Bong Hwan's life in that era will help him understand more about others. To value females and see how hard they go through with the monthly period. Being grateful to what is present now since old days have more problem than what you think in the future. Both of them learn from each other. 

I believe Bong Hwan learn something from So Yong views. I will end it like that. We don’t have same opinion and I respect that. It will just go round and round. I will not comment back after this because I don’t push my views to others. I just posted because I miss them and to explain why I love the ending. Not necessary to discuss why my view is acceptable than the others. That is why I don’t quote others views unless they asked me first. No point on making my view acceptable to them when they already have their end perception. Like as I said the series has many holes that our imagination can fill it up. It is up to us what kind of story we want to fill it in. Have a good day.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, sean294251 said:

The karma of trying to end onelife it shows in the show. You are there but no being seen. No matter what you do, you will never be acknowledged. This is So Yong Karma because of her own doing. Yet higher power always can make disaster to be the best story of your life. Because of the karmatic problem she got the chance now with the King, which is the higher plan.

Just being curious, from what I know regarding karma in order to be given a second chance you need to do something to prove yourself worthy. According to your understanding of the drama what had SY did to deserve such chance?

add.

Karma formula is you reap what you sow, CMIIW

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sean294251 said:

I could not comment yesterday because I exceed my comment post? I did not know they have maximum comment per day.

It's just how I view it. It might be different on your understanding but this is how I perceived the relationship of So Yong to Bong Hwan. Bong Hwan always thinks about himself. He likes I’m the best and I’m number one. Sure, everyone can grow with their own doing. But I believe in the interconnection of everyone. A vibration of one action affects the others. There's a saying to know who you are see yourself in others' person eyes and see what they will see. If So Yong's soul did not leave her body Bong Hwan will never be inside that body. He will remain in his real body in a vegetable state. He will not see how bad the situation before when there’s a slave and complete abuse of power. He will not see the hurt of So Yong because of King rejection. He will still be same as playboy type. If is not for So Yong body. What could happen then? Would he change? Other might think it's only the body, but without it what do you accomplish? Are you able to change? That’s why I love the series is not only about love and fun but life as well. How important our life (Body) to take it for granted. So Yong tried to kill herself but at the end wants to live to be with the King. It's shows at the End when she is bleeding she fight back to live for King and her baby. She matured and understand importance of life.

The karma of trying to end onelife it shows in the show. You are there but no being seen. No matter what you do, you will never be acknowledged. This is So Yong Karma because of her own doing. Yet higher power always can make disaster to be the best story of your life. Because of the karmatic problem she got the chance now with the King, which is the higher plan. The higher uses his power to use other people to help and save you. Also, this segment of Bong Hwan's life in that era will help him understand more about others. To value females and see how hard they go through with the monthly period. Being grateful to what is present now since old days have more problem than what you think in the future. Both of them learn from each other. 

I believe Bong Hwan learn something from So Yong views. I will end it like that. We don’t have same opinion and I respect that. It will just go round and round. I will not comment back after this because I don’t push my views to others. I just posted because I miss them and to explain why I love the ending. Not necessary to discuss why my view is acceptable than the others. That is why I don’t quote others views unless they asked me first. No point on making my view acceptable to them when they already have their end perception. Like as I said the series has many holes that our imagination can fill it up. It is up to us what kind of story we want to fill it in. Have a good day.

I will also stay with my opinion that we saw BH journey to personal growth by himself. Yes, he got in the past and in the woman body so now he is an insider in understanding women more. Same as when we get to the new country, learn their language and customs we grow to understand people of those countries more. But it's our own learning process, credit for learning more is our own. 

So I think it's not Soyeon soul making or influence that BH had personal growth. Since I don't see where he was more selfish than Soyeon. Soyeon was also selfish for whatever reason (torturing maids, even HongYeon told that she was called "a witch" with negative context). BH grew to be more understanding and open-minded because of himself and him going through hardships and difficulties, looking at the situation from inside - woman body, woman persona. 

We have different understanding of the situation. Thank you for explaining your point of view. I appreciate another opinion since there is a saying the truth is born in discussion.

• Like 6

Thought I’d be able to stay away from this thread but I guess not. Just when I think I’m okay and ready to move on, my mind goes “isn’t it funny...”

After contemplating, I have to say this ending is worse than GoT. To be fair, we were given warning signs about where the quality of GoT would go with season 5 onward and with Dany’s storyline, I peeped long ago but knew her stans wouldn’t come to face to how she is with how the show whitewashed her (in the books she’s much worse). So for me GoT and how badly it might end, I made peace with it by season 6.

With this show, as others said it was 10/10 till 19. Like the things I thought they’d shy away from, they actually did it. The whole sexuality/gender crisis, mpreg, Bong actually falling in love and showing affection willingly...like in all my fandom history this is probably one of the worst case of queerbaiting. Like cdrama was far more progressive like that’s still amazing to me. 

If Bong was a girl, they’d never chosen the ending they went with, and if it was picked by Netflix, I guarantee you the writers would get a world of lashings from international audiences than they already are.

1 hour ago, N. S. said:

I will also stay with my opinion that we saw BH journey to personal growth by himself. Yes, he got in the past and in the woman body so now he is an insider in understanding women more. Same as when we get to the new country, learn their language and customs we grow to understand people of those countries more. But it's our own learning process, credit for learning more is our own. 

So I think it's not Soyeon soul making or influence that BH had personal growth. Since I don't see where he was more selfish than Soyeon. Soyeon was also selfish for whatever reason (torturing maids, even HongYeon told that she was called "a witch" with negative context). BH grew to be more understanding and open-minded because of himself and him going through hardships and difficulties, looking at the situation from inside - woman body, woman persona. 

We have different understanding of the situation. Thank you for explaining your point of view. I appreciate another opinion since there is a saying the truth is born in discussion.

Also considering the writers made the mistake of not developing SY’s voice, we never know what personal growth she went through. Again a mistake because the audience doesn’t care too much about her 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Ordinary pic from the set...but, I like it... :D

https://twitter.com/hashtag/MrQueen?src=hashtag_click

Whenever I watched this scene, I would chuckle because though he's quite tall, the BI actor isn't muscular like Kim Jung Hyun. You see him visibly struggle to hold our queen and at one point she starts sliding down before the camera quickly cuts away. The trembling you see wasn't (as I originally thought) righteous indignation but fatigue. LOL

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 2

In my final act of consoling myself over this heartbreaking ending (especially with the fact that we're not going to get a season 2...it's just not how Korean dramas roll with it), I remind myself that So Bong got the Cheoljong who was the superhero on the side with passion overflowing, an exciting storyline and moments of angst while holding and supporting each other in death defying situations...whereas So Yong now gets to live the life of a politician's wife. :sleeping:

Am I grasping? Why yes, yes I am. :approves:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

On 2/19/2021 at 12:39 AM, kwayteow_mama said:

@Sandy Prater I could be wrong but GPG is a web drama which was why it could be more liberal in its portrayal. There were alternate endings made, not sure if it was made to appease unhappy viewers. In any case, it seems challenging for this sort of story to have an ending that pleases everyone.. especially also since this story features historical figures. I love this revisionist what-if version of a historical puppet king but it didn't sit down well with historical pundits or nationalists.. 

Wasn't GPG released before the Chinese ban on BLs too?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cenching said:

Apparently there are 2 different cuts of the kissing scene in the spin off. The first video, SB went first she was the one kissed CJ while the second vid is vice versa.

Which one do you like, folks???

Are these really two different ones or is the first one where she kisses him like a film reverse? I can't tell but the filming quality seems odd.

As for your question, I love any kiss that So Bong initiates since that's one step closer to realizing her feelings...we already know what CJ's feelings are. :kiss_wink:

Edited by Sandy Prater
  • Like 5

On 2/19/2021 at 1:42 AM, N. S. said:

Why do you think "So Yong shows to Bong Hwan not to be selfish and think about other before self"?

I mean Soyeon is not saint. We know she tortured her maids before for whatever reason, even King told about it in the first episodes "oh, looks like her health is fine since she is torturing maids again". So Soyeon can also be selfish.

Do you believe BH can't have personal growth himself? I mean I watched people grow to be less selfish as they went through struggles. As they grew up. I watched movies with character growth.

Why do you think it's Soyeon making that BH changed in the end of the story after suffering all those wins and failures, pain and difficulties. Personally I think BH could grow up as a person by himself considering how much he went through, that he can have personal growth all by thanks to himself.

If anyone influenced BH to be less selfish, more empathetic and more actively caring abt others, it would be CJ.  He's the perfect example of how to be selfless and always thinking about others and putting the welfare of his people before his own.

• Like 11

Annyeong, everyone! 

I know the series is finished and all, and while most of us have been ranting about the ending (more of feeling underwhelmed abt it on my side)...

What baffles me more is

Spoiler

How come we don't have a Shipper's forum for our Sobong and Cheoljeongie (SHS-KJH?!?!?!)

I mean, with all that chemistry and off-cam interactions (IG live)...

So yeah, I decided to unlurk just to put this out, lol.

Edited by folie_a_deux
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sandy Prater said:

In my final act of consoling myself over this heartbreaking ending (especially with the fact that we're not going to get a season 2...it's just not how Korean dramas roll with it), I remind myself that So Bong got the Cheoljong who was the superhero on the side with passion overflowing, an exciting storyline and moments of angst while holding and supporting each other in death defying situations...whereas So Yong now gets to live the life of a politician's wife. :sleeping:

Am I grasping? Why yes, yes I am. :approves:

I must be petty because I console myself with “but all kisses and hot moments happened when Bong Hwan was inside”. :joy:

So Yong got a hug after she returned.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

15 hours ago, meix2 said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this point!

Right from the first epsode, the characters were so engaging that I found I wished my week away and then watch the epidode in raw and then with subs. Yes, Mr. Queen was JUST THAT GOOD.

I really should have known better with Kdrama endings... it's not like I haven't been burnt before! There is a real growing sense of anxiety with watching drama live- although it is fun to go through it with everyone. I think I will be leaving live watching for a while... Even when I started 18 again on Netflix earlier this week, I skipped to the end to make sure it was a decent ending before I started. I know it's not as exciting to know the ending but honestly at my age, I am perfectly contented to not go through the emotional rollerrcoaster ride at the end.

:rage::astonished::bawling:

LOL! As I've gotten older, my patience is much more limited for these kinds of things.  I haven't watched a drama live as it aired in a long time bec of this.  I even read reviews and comments on the ending before I start one now.  I don't mind being spoiled but I do mind wasting hours watching something that will just ruin my day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sandy Prater said:

Are these really two different ones or is the first one where she kisses him like a film reverse? I can't tell but the filming quality seems odd.

As for your question, I love any kiss that So Bong initiates since that's one step closer to realizing her feelings...we already know what CJ's feelings are. :kiss_wink:

yesterday I watched it several times and I felt the same - it looks like the original clip was reversed in the beginning but thanks to whoever who thought about it and made it so that it looks like So Bong's making the move :partyblob:

• Like 2