[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

I can't believe there are fans who want a BH and CJ ending. Now I start seeing photoshopped pics of CJH in Hyesun's body with KJH together on social media. Gosh do you all really want to see that? No offense to those who like BL and I've nothing against them as well. But do you all want to see KJH and CJH acting as a couple lovey dovey and making out? :sweat_smile: 

Definitely not me. IT'S JUNGHYUN AND HYESUN FOR ME ANYTIME WHETHER IT'S SOBONG OR SOYONG. Just me. You all don't have to agree with me lol.

To those who hated the ending, that person you all love is SB not BH. Its a combination of SY and BH. I agree the direction wasn't clear that SY was present but sometimes it doesn't have to be that explicit. We are watching a drama where we need some space for imagination and not everything to be explained clearly and where the progress or ending of the drama can be easily predicted. Ratings won't go well like this. Moreover the drama was never going for a CJ-BH endgame from the beginning. The production team was fined and petitioned against for a historical distortion in just Episode 2 and marred the buzz of the show that all the cast had to stop promotions on sns for two weeks to let the controversy die down a bit. And which caused JH to stop updating his ironbell account just because the news singled out his account bio description which he edited afterwards. I don't l think they would make a CJ-BH endgame and get themselves into another controversy. Imagine a real Joseon King CJ in korean history falling in love with a man. This will be another serious historical distortion among the Koreans and it could end up as another controversy. The whole team and cast worked and filmed so hard from June 2020 to Jan 2021 in the hot and in the cold. They don't deserve any more controversy and I want them to end the drama on a high note and happily celebrate their finale ratings as deserved and not to keep on that low profile again during that first few weeks of broadcast.

I love the whole cast and team of Mr Queen and how close they are to have a group chat. I love their behind the scenes interactions and I hope this lovely team continue to be good friends even after the show. And lastly, I actually liked how it ended. 

Just my personal views. :)

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Hi guys, I'm so late to comment to this topic, but even after 4 days since Ep20 I couldn't recover from my disappoinment from the final :( I was thinking about it and suddenly I got some idea I want to share.

For those of you who is sad with endgame "Cheoljong&Soyeon"-my interpretation and theory. So in the end Bonhwan went back to the 21th century. I believe he loved the king truely. And Cheoljong loved exactly BH, not SY. He loved his personality, his uniqeness, his surprizes and brave soul. He would wake up from nightmares and by writing Queen dictionary he could escape from those nightmares. BH was his comfort. Soyeon...from Bamboo forest I saw he was attracted to her...but I think it wasn't enough for him - he even put the sword to her neck, he dated Hwajin meanwhile etc. Towards Soyeon it was just attraction. Before wedding how many times he met Soyeon? Soyeon told BI she doesn't even know the King's face and in her sleep dream he looked like her cousin BI. I wonder why Soyeon suddenly fell in deep love with King-the almost stranger for her. Maybe influenced by her father's talks, ideas. So I don't think they met lots of times before Queen audition. The King liked Hwajin a lot too but in the end he let her leave the palace. And "well" incident - he told Hwajin he didn't like her just because of their childhood memories. So I think the same applies to Soyeon.

So ...after BH left, the palace felt to quiet and empty for me... Probably for Cheoljong too. I think after a while he realized Soyeon is not the soul he truely fell in love it. But as he said previously in a situation with SB and Hwajin he decided not to disclose the truth no one wants to disclose. So maybe he kept pretending that everything the same between King and Queen. And Cheoljong remembers how BH told him that he is from the future, so King left a message for future generations - his funny portrait/picture. It's unusual for the King to be portrayed in funny way in history book so I guess Cheoljong purposefully chose exact that portrait of himself. It was his "hi" to the future BH. Cheoljong probably was loved King and made many progressive reforms. So he left an impact. But do you remember how he told BH, that he sometimes thinks all the happening is past and in reality he is dying as incompetent King. Maybe...he missed BH a lot, since Soyeon as good woman she is, still is not eccentric, funny, loud, easy, "tigress in bed", 21th century BH who would blow his mind with funny surprizes. So maybe Cheoljong got sad a lot and started to womanize etc. to try to fill the void left by BH. And in the end died at young age alone and sad. So in the past two souls that fell in love couldn't be united. But Cheoljong also wished to be reborn to meet BH again as commoners. So I think...maybe in the 21th century they will still meet. I don't know who Cheoljong will be in his next life. Maybe not a man. But I believe BH and CJ will definitely meet at some day and fall in love once again. So...this is the interpretation my sad heart created in my mind

Edited by N. S.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

I can't believe there are fans who want a BH and CJ ending. Now I start seeing photoshopped pics of CJH in Hyesun's body with KJH together on social media. Gosh do you all really want to see that? No offense to those who like BL and I've nothing against them as well. But do you all want to see KJH and CJH acting as a couple lovey dovey and making out? :sweat_smile: 

Definitely not me. IT'S JUNGHYUN AND HYESUN FOR ME ANYTIME WHETHER IT'S SOBONG OR SOYONG. Just me. You all don't have to agree with me lol.

To those who hated the ending, that person you all love is SB not BH. Its a combination of SY and BH. I agree the direction wasn't clear that SY was present but sometimes it doesn't have to be that explicit. We are watching a drama where we need some space for imagination and not everything to be explained clearly and where the progress or ending of the drama can be easily predicted. Ratings won't go well like this. Moreover the drama was never going for a CJ-BH endgame from the beginning. The production team was fined and petitioned against for a historical distortion in just Episode 2 and marred the buzz of the show that all the cast had to stop promotions on sns for two weeks to let the controversy die down a bit. And which caused JH to stop updating his ironbell account just because the news singled out his account bio description which he edited afterwards. I don't l think they would make a CJ-BH endgame and get themselves into another controversy. Imagine a real Joseon King CJ in korean history falling in love with a man. This will be another serious historical distortion among the Koreans and it could end up as another controversy. The whole team and cast worked and filmed so hard from June 2020 to Jan 2021 in the hot and in the cold. They don't deserve any more controversy and I want them to end the drama on a high note and happily celebrate their finale ratings as deserved and not to keep on that low profile again during that first few weeks of broadcast.

I love the whole cast and team of Mr Queen and how close they are to have a group chat. I love their behind the scenes interactions and I hope this lovely team continue to be good friends even after the show. And lastly I liked how it ended. 

Just my personal views. :)

I respect your opinion and I honestly envy you that you can look at the ending this way. 

I don’t undermine the hard work the whole Mr Queen put into the drama. Both people in front and behind the camera. But just because someone worked hard we can’t express our opinion? Any artist or any public figure has to be be prepared to be challenged on his work. 

To be honest without SHS and KJH incredible talents and chemistry I would just throw away the whole drama and go on with my life. But because So Bong/Cheoljong love story was incredible until the finale, it’s maddening how they decided to end the drama. 

As you said - the person we love is So Bong  - Bong Hwan in So Yong’s body. It’s not So Yong alone. 

So isn’t it reasonable for me to be upset if in the end the person who committed suicide and played being dead the whole time was the one who was rewarded most? And the person who wanted to live desperately, the person who went through the biggest growth and challenges ended up with nothing? How would you explain “MY LIFE WITHOUT ME” otherwise? The title literally references to Bong Hwan’s life without him. The life in Joseon with his loved ones.

I believe Cheoljong loved Bong Hwan first, but maybe he came to love So Yong later. He fell for the Queen when Bong Hwan was in So Yong’s body. He saw So Yong but the distinctive skills, talents and personality were Bong Hwan’s. And I believe both Bong Hwan and So Yong loved him too. So why shouldn’t I be upset if one person in this love triangle ended up alone?

This is So Bong saying to Cheoljong that he needs to be born again, so they can meet in another life. So Bong said she/he might appear in front of Cheoljong in an unexpected and strange form (a man). Doesn’t this sound like longing to meet him again in another life?

spacer.png

I didn’t expect BL ending. That would be ridiculous considering they used real historical figures. I myself said it several times before they wouldn’t make one of their Joseon kings liking a man. BUT they could have balls enough to make Cheoljong’s reincarnation appear in the future (some famous actress could have made a cameo for conservative people to digest it if it could not be Kim Jung Hyun). 

I don’t blame the actors, I blame the writers and the director in failing to deliver the ending that would make a sense from a narrative perspective. To think that they wrote brilliant previous 19 episodes is even more sadder.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, Twinklebellestar2018 said:

Does it have the music when Hwan and Hong Yeon and Hong and Chef and Lady Choi are being featured?

Alas, no! That's the instrumental of A-Yeon's LIKE IT'S SUMMER. Check out my post on page 193 for the version with lyrics.

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am definitely in the minority here who like the ending and the drama as a whole. For me, the story is more about the adventure of JBH into the past. Not about the love story of King and Queen.

If you saw this story as BH's adventures in time and not a romance, you're probably a lot happier with the ending. The genre rules are different.

14 hours ago, aisling said:

BUT they could have balls enough to make Cheoljong’s reincarnation appear in the future (some famous actress could have made a cameo for conservative people to digest it if it could not be Kim Jung Hyun). 

I see what you did there. :lol:

And I agree that would have done a lot to quell the disappointment in the Romance camp. Their love adventures will go on!

• Like 6

It's close to a week since many of us caught the ending, some live and some a little later. There's been so many passionate and dispassionate views about the ending that it's become a case of our perspectives - no right and no wrong. I for one watched the raw live and still can't bring myself to watch E20 with subs. I'll be greedy and hold onto the last fleeting scene in the cart where SB and CJ had their final moment of intimacy, for a little while longer. 

What I do want to say though (and this is just from the raw, judging by the way SY carried herself with the Queen Dowager) is that I choose to see JBH as a mentor or a teacher to KSY. He showed her how to handle and even intimidate people who had intimidated her and drove her to the edge, literally she jumped off the edge of a pond. 

Before he inhabited her body, she was a sweet young thing, idealistic and in love, compliant with the norms of society and eventually defeated by it. She neither knew how to help the King nor how to protect herself and drive the wolves away. But JBH showed her that in a society where women were objects, even vessels for producing heirs to the throne that she could maintain her dignity and fight back using her brains, not her brawn. So, even when JBH had departed, he had left behind a KSY who was now stronger, emotionally and mentally, a source of strength and an equal partner to CJ.

To me, that is worthy of JBH's sacrifice and untimely departure from CJ: he transformed KSY, the girl into KSY, the feisty woman, putting aside whether he had viewed their relationship as a platonic one or not.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Ik this drama ended but I just wanted to say the ending made me sad. Lmao. I mean it's a better ending than the cdrama one where they both died but...I really wanted him to not go back to the future. Couldn't both souls just continue to co-habilitate? Lololol. That would be so funny. But anyways, despite the ending I lovedddd this drama. It was so good. And I am happy that everyone ended up alive, well... sorta. Also, I wish the spin off had more episodes. 

• Like 2

It was a bit late to post this tweet since it happened about days ago, 16/2/2021, but I'm really happy for our queen, king and even Bong Hwan:D

credit to the owner

The action scenes in Gaksital aka bridal Mask were so good.

That's why I love all the action scenes in Mr Queen too!

credit to @Kaizen68

Maybe our royal couple will have the photoshoot or interview together in our next life:relieved:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

I want Mr. Queen season 2 in modern life :sparklyeyes:

With the same cast and same as their wish when meteor shower..

- Court lady choi as so yong mother

- Hon yeong as so yong sister

- Soyong+Wonbeom+Byeong triangle love

- Hwan+Hon yeong+Hong triangle love

- Youngpyeon+Hwajin new love story

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I miss the show, what do we look forward now during Sat and Sunday lol. I look everywhere I tried to watch other new drama but it looks blockout. So I need to re-watch and do FMVs. I don’t know how long this longing will go but for now everything I watch is dark Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

Just want to share this 

Edited by sean294251
Link is not right
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

I'm not so bent on him ending up with CJ that part is what it is, I just feel like we should have seen more BH in the last minutes, at least living his best life in some way, I just feel like he was thrown to side. I guess no longer being a suspect and being a better person was his reward for everything. IDK the end just made me feel like the drama was never about him in some weird way.

Also some of the why should have been explain if he's not SY reincarnate, so was it just because they were in the river at the same time but how did this all happen on the same day 200 years ago? so they were in the river on the same day but different years, was this part explained and I some how missed it?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sean294251 said:

I miss the show, what do we look forward now during Sat and Sunday lol. I look everywhere I tried to watch other new drama but it looks blockout. So I need to re-watch and do FMVs. I don’t know how long this longing will go but for now everything I watch is dark 

Just want to share this 

WOW thank you! First time to watch an FMV that focuses on the 2 Queens.  There's a fresh insight and feels to it. More! More! More!

:hooray2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sean294251 said:

I miss the show, what do we look forward now during Sat and Sunday lol. I look everywhere I tried to watch other new drama but it looks blockout. So I need to re-watch and do FMVs. I don’t know how long this longing will go but for now everything I watch is dark.

Just want to share this

Thank you for sharing your video. 

Among all of Mr Queen ost, my top favorite is "Here I Am".

Kim Jung Hyun picks for most hilarious scene.

Other than the hilarious scene of So Bong having the mental breakdown, I like this scene because we can see Shin Hye Sun in the long hair without any braid.

credit to the owner

The joke with Cheol Jong's stage name never fail to crack me up:joy:

But I'm sad that we couldn't see our royal couple baby:bawling:

credit to the owner

If anyone interested to read:

Spoiler

credit to the owner
Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images/tweets in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, DeluLunaUnnie said:

WOW thank you! First time to watch an FMV that focuses on the 2 Queens.  There's a fresh insight and feels to it. More! More! More!

:hooray2:

:highonflowers:

I think So Bong and So Yong have mutual understanding. So Bong help So Yong to make the King realize that He is prejudice towards Queen. On the other hand So Yong help So Bong soul to have a place to stay in for a moment which is her Body. In the spin off So Yong/So Bong when king asked who you cherish among men. So Yong/So Bong said Jang Bong Hwan. My imagination is running like a tiger :gangnamstyle:

59 minutes ago, enzek said:

Thank you for sharing your video. 

Among all of Mr Queen ost, my top favorite is "Here I Am".

Yes very beautiful song. Here I am OST fits to every characters on Mr Queen. Very interesting to use to all POV in the show. :hooray2:

• Like 3

“Mr. Queen” Tops Most Buzzworthy Drama List For 3rd Week In A Row + Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Reign On Actor Ranking

562252c323ec4c598867b38bfb68efd2.jpeg?s=

Feb 18, 2021
by J. K

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” continues to lead on the weekly list of buzzworthy dramas, with its stars Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun also taking the top two spots among cast members!

Good Data Corporation has shared its rankings of the dramas and cast members that generated the most buzz for the week of February 8 to February 14. The lists were compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about 23 dramas that are currently airing or set to air soon.

“Mr. Queen” holds the top spot on the buzzworthy drama list for the third consecutive week. Shin Hye Sun is in the No. 1 spot among actors for the fourth week in a row, while her co-star Kim Jung Hyun rises to No. 2 from No. 4 last week. Two more “Mr. Queen” cast members take spots on the ranking, with Na In Woo in No. 5 and Choi Jin Hyuk in No. 9.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz during the second week of February are as follows:

1. “Mr. Queen”
2. “The Penthouse 2”
3. “She Would Never Know”
4. KBS2’s “A Man in a Veil
5. TV Chosun’s “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)”
6. KBS2’s “Royal Secret Agent”
7. KBS2’s “Homemade Love Story
8. tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning
9. tvN’s “Vincenzo”
10. KBS1’s “No Matter What

The top 10 most buzzworthy cast members for the week are as follows:

1. Shin Hye Sun (“Mr. Queen”)
2. Kim Jung Hyun (“Mr. Queen”)
3. Rowoon (“She Would Never Know”)
4. Won Jin Ah (“She Would Never Know”)
5. Na In Woo (“Mr. Queen”)
6. Lee Ji Ah (“The Penthouse 2”)
7. Lee Si Kang (“A Man in a Veil”)
8. Kim Myung Soo (“Royal Secret Agent”)
9. Choi Jin Hyuk (“Mr. Queen”)
10. Kang Eun Tak (“A Man in a Veil”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455145wpp/mr-queen-tops-most-buzzworthy-drama-list-for-3rd-week-in-a-row-shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-reign-on-actor-ranking

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

20 hours ago, cdcotr said:

Just a quick comment on this.  Abt HY not staying loyally by her side if SY was truly cruel.  Well, the maids in this drama seem very loyal and trained to be so.  The GQD's maid remained loyal even after she was not longer in power and we all know the GQD is a lot more vicious and cruel than any other character in the show. She had her own grandson killed, the previous king, to keep her power! And HJ's maid remained loyal even while she was being tortured.

So it's not a good way to gauge it.

Hi. I agree that maids are trained to be loyal to their masters in that era. But I can see that Hong Yeon is loyal to SY not just because she was trained but because she genuinely loves her. When BH first woke up in HY's body, she was genuinely happy and even cried for her mistress. The GQD's maid may remain loyal to her, but we can see that sometimes she was uncomfortable sometimes because she was being tortured by the GQD. What I saw with HY is that she genuinely sees SY as a sister and not just a mistress.

Regarding SY's cruelty, lets just agree that she just went through a villainess arc yeah? haha I mean every one in the show had made wrong decisions in their life. Even Bong Hwan isnt a saint. Yes, what she did was wrong but she redeemed herself and learned her lesson. Im not justifying her actions but its unfair that some people here looked down on her just because of her past actions. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

To those who hated the ending, that person you all love is SB not BH. Its a combination of SY and BH. I agree the direction wasn't clear that SY was present but sometimes it doesn't have to be that explicit. We are watching a drama where we need some space for imagination and not everything to be explained clearly and where the progress or ending of the drama can be easily predicted

i totally agree with this!!!! People who are disappointed with the ending are the people who see SoBong as only Bong Hwan. But for me, I always saw SB as both SY and BH so the ending didnt disappoint and hurt me that much. Cause I love So Yong as much as I love Bong Hwan. Now the only thing that bugs me is that BH was forcefully removed from SY's body without any closure. But we werent really shown the events after BH woke up in the future and i know that BH will live long so a lot of things will happen still that are not shown in the show.

This is what made the ending a masterpiece, it left us hanging and intrigued and it sparked debates from left to right. Maybe this is what the writers are really up to. They want us to still talk more about the drama even after it ended. And they succesfully got what they wanted. Theyre geniuses yall!

13 hours ago, N. S. said:

Hi guys, I'm so late to comment to this topic, but even after 4 days since Ep20 I couldn't recover from my disappoinment from the final :( I was thinking about it and suddenly I got some idea I want to share.

For those of you who is sad with endgame "Cheoljong&Soyeon"-my interpretation and theory. So in the end Bonhwan went back to the 21th century. I believe he loved the king truely. And Cheoljong loved exactly BH, not SY. He loved his personality, his uniqeness, his surprizes and brave soul. He would wake up from nightmares and by writing Queen dictionary he could escape from those nightmares. BH was his comfort. Soyeon...from Bamboo forest I saw he was attracted to her...but I think it wasn't enough for him - he even put the sword to her neck, he dated Hwajin meanwhile etc. Towards Soyeon it was just attraction. Before wedding how many times he met Soyeon? Soyeon told BI she doesn't even know the King's face and in her sleep dream he looked like her cousin BI. I wonder why Soyeon suddenly fell in deep love with King-the almost stranger for her. Maybe influenced by her father's talks, ideas. So I don't think they met lots of times before Queen audition. The King liked Hwajin a lot too but in the end he let her leave the palace. And "well" incident - he told Hwajin he didn't like her just because of their childhood memories. So I think the same applies to Soyeon.

So ...after BH left, the palace felt to quiet and empty for me... Probably for Cheoljong too. I think after a while he realized Soyeon is not the soul he truely fell in love it. But as he said previously in a situation with SB and Hwajin he decided not to disclose the truth no one wants to disclose. So maybe he kept pretending that everything the same between King and Queen. And Cheoljong remembers how BH told him that he is from the future, so King left a message for future generations - his funny portrait/picture. It's unusual for the King to be portrayed in funny way in history book so I guess Cheoljong purposefully chose exact that portrait of himself. It was his "hi" to the future BH. About their kid - the drama didn't show the baby...so I have suspicions he wasn't born in the end...  Because according to real history as I remember Cheoljong didn't have a child with the Queen. Maybe with concubines. Cheoljong probably was loved King and made many progressive reforms. So he left an impact. But do you remember how he told BH, that he sometimes thinks all the happening is past and in reality he is dying as incompetent King. Maybe...he missed BH a lot, since Soyeon as good woman she is, still is not eccentric, funny, loud, easy, "tigress in bed", 21th century BH who would blow his mind with funny surprizes. So maybe Cheoljong got sad a lot and started to womanize etc. to try to fill the void left by BH. And in the end died at young age alone and sad. So in the past two souls that fell in love couldn't be united. But Cheoljong also wished to be reborn to meet BH again as commoners. So I think...maybe in the 21th century they will still meet. I don't know who Cheoljong will be in his next life. Maybe not a man. But I believe BH and CJ will definitely meet at some day and fall in love once again. So...this is the interpretation my sad heart created in my mind

you have such a great imagination! But im sad that you left SoYong out of the equation and I feel bad for her in your own version of the drama. I love So Yong as much as I love Bong Hwan so im a little heartbroken by your story. 

But oh well, whatever makes you happy. I respect your opinion  because I also have my own version of events in my mind. hahahaa

• Like 2