[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

This was one of the worst endings I've seen in a while. Okay, since Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol... :D

I cannot believe how they discredited Bong Hwan like that. The King fell in love with his personality and it was shown on more than one occasion that Bong Hwan was in love with the King. Or at least that's what the writers made us believe all this time.

Both were separated from each other but seems that neither really care. Like what the actual....?

:onfirex:

Honestly this ending was even worse than the Chinese version. At least in that version, they showed that Bong Hwan was distraught from the separation and was missing the King, searching for him.

:fear:

I will be waiting to see the k-netz reactions. Clearly the international audience is very upset. The ending made no sense what so ever. :rage:

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1

Hate the ending...:bawling::bawling::bawling:

SB was the one who have story with CJ. 

I feel heart-broken about BH's ending as finally he can accept his fate as a queen and love CJ back..

It is unfair ending for him...

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, cenching said:

This is the part that I hate the most......From willing to take a bullet for CJ literally and the next minute he just kinda brushes it off like the bullet is a mosquito bite......:onfirex:

what if SY was the one who reacted? BH was the one who saw the shotgun but SY was the one who threw herself in front of CJ

Ah.. anything to make myself feel better about the ending..

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Guys, the King was in love with the Queen - during their first night together or during the 9ep kiss - SY was taking her turn - so SB after ep 14 accepted her feelings for the King - BH is seen like someone who helped a lot - but watching how he deals with his situation in the future - he doesn't have feelings and he never had for the King - he was somehow controlled by SY's strong love - it's more like he rooted for them - he started like an egoistic character waiting to go back, but then controlled by SY's feeling he wants to help and do better - there are times when he spaces out - because SY resurfaces - so for me it's that simple - SY and CJ were meant to be since they had met in the well - so you can't change that strong believe in 첫사랑 [1 st love] being in some cases THE ONE AND ONLY [LOL].

HE is more like her brother who goes to sleep when she and the King are together - 

Don't tell me - you haven't seen GHOST? it is more like that 

I think it would have been fun to see BH and SY bickering on stuff like that hahaha 

Imagini pentru ghost movie

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

As i said in my previous post about the souls thing, So Yong returned and inside her there's a little of BW personality! That makes sense, so after her troubles she will love the King in a different way, not only because the political question is out of the way but thanks to BW she now see the King with different eyes so i think the story was well directed!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

what if SY was the one who reacted? BH was the one who saw the shotgun but SY was the one who threw herself in front of CJ

Ah.. anything to make myself feel better about the ending..

please, don't make yourself feel better about the ending, it makes no sense and it discredits all three characters BH, SY and CJ (like our in-house ted expert rightly explained @Libby) - the writers did us bad :angry::angry::angry:

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, cenching said:

Happy ending for all the characters but not for majority of the viewers

Yes I think they played safe here.

Personally, I'm one of audiences who won't be disappointed if story went with BH's dead in 2021 (if I have to choose) because I believe BH's characters have been greatly influencing SY that she can be that brave now so his presence inside her matters. But then reality went this far for final episode, so I'm rethinking myself and I can say that it's not that bad, they are fair enough with BH's life in 2021 and they managed to give him proper closure. We got clear ending and assurance that SY still has BH's characters but somehow are more under controlled as how a Queen with virtue should be. And we still see the love between CJ and SY is as solid as ever like what we may worry of BH's influence was gone in fact does not give much impact to CJ himself so we may assume that SY remains the same as when BH was there, but as I said earlier - SY is back to Joseon's style (the era which she has to live with).

Anyway, while waiting for subs.. I am more interested with how the history has changed and how the history book depicts the new CJ and SY. I was hoping they could show that part longer/better at least to convince me that BH's presence and the history he made was all worth it. Maybe adding a little line like "CJ is said to be the only King of Joseon who did not have heir with his concubines" was able to satisfy my hunger of strong love and faithful relationship between CJ and CY. Lol - my wishful thinking.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, cenching said:

Happy ending for all the characters but not for majority of the viewers

i feel bad and sad for SB after all the developments that she had been through.

When watching today's episode, I i wish there would be a scene "tonight in daejeojeon hall" as promised after the tango scene. and finished it hilariously with their kids and that blues BGM. after all the teasing and comedy vibe :'D

aah it's just me with my imagination beyond limits. also i don't know the translation yet, maybe it makes me feel unease for the ending :')

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

Guys, the King was in love with the Queen - during their first night together or during the 9ep kiss - SY was taking her turn - so SB after ep 14 accepted her feelings for the King - JB is seen like someone who helped a lot - but watching how he deals with his situation in the future - he doesn't have feelings and he never had for the King - he was somehow controlled by SY's strong love - it's more like he rooted for them - he started like an egoistic character waiting to go back, but then pressed by SY's feeling he wants to help and do better - there are times when he spaces out - because SY resurfaces - so for me it's that simple - SY and CJ were meant to be since they had met in the well - so you can't change that strong believe in 첫사랑 [1 st love] being in some cases THE ONE AND ONLY [LOL].

I'm sure, this is how the writers also justified it but it's not working for me :sad1::sad1:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

please, don't make yourself feel better about the ending, it makes no sense and it discredits all three characters BH, SY and CJ (like our in-house ted expert rightly explained @Libby) - the writers did us bad :angry::angry::angry:

I feel like I have to because I spent so much time with this drama and all of you here, and I can’t believe the past 19 hours ended this way.. this 20th hour was just.. :persevere:

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Also, is it not weird that the King did not realise the change in SY? A few episodes back when SB tried to act “proper” he saw right through her but now??? nothing?? Maybe the subs will explain better but it’s just... disappointing.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

I feel like I have to because I spent so much time with this drama and all of you here, and I can’t believe the past 19 hours ended this way.. this 20th hour was just.. :persevere:

@Lmangla and I organized a worst k-drama endings poll on the forum last year.

Next time we organize a new worst k-drama endings event, we'll make sure to include Mr. Queen :joy:

Everyone is free to vote!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

SB was such a challenge for CJ. He learned to over come his prejudice, his fears, he learned to trust and be honest. Let us be honest here, if it was SY, will he be the same? I do not even think, SY will do what SB did to the GDQ and DQ, challenging them on their own turf. Standing up against a literal giant (Kim Clan) abandoning them because they tried to kill her.

SY reacted differently to being threatened, she jumped into the lake. The moment she did that, ended it for me on expecting anything from her at all. Her story ended there. That is it.

1 minute ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla and I organized a worst k-drama endings poll on the forum last year.

Next time we organize a new worst k-drama endings event, we'll make sure to include Mr. Queen :joy:

Everyone is free to vote!

I will vote multiple times!

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2