[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

11 minutes ago, aisling said:

So Bong got thirsty after her husband showed her half exposed chest. Imagine if he showed her this.... 

JBH has turned into a female almost completely. Me for one won't be turn on by cleavage or booties or even a naked sexy hot lady, AT ALL.....:shaq:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

13 minutes ago, cenching said:

JBH has turned into a female almost completely. Me for one won't be turn on by cleavage or booties or even a naked sexy hot lady, AT ALL.....:shaq:

Yeah, but they won’t that far to show us So Bong being attracted to men in general. They’re just showing us her thirsting for her husband :sweat_smile:

But given how impulsive and passionate Bong Hwan was originally, I’d find it more satisfying if So Bong was the one initiating their next sober consent kiss.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, aisling said:

But given how impulsive and passionate Bong Hwan was originally, I’d find it more satisfying if So Bong was the one initiating  their next sober consent kiss.

So far the drama has fulfilled majority of our thirsty wild dreams....:rickroll:  I am quite positive we will get one sober consent kiss initiates by SB....:coolshades: We almost got it before SB had sudden nauseous attack anyway....:approves: 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, cenching said:

So far the drama has fulfilled majority of our thirsty wild dreams....  I am quite positive we will get one sober consent kiss initiates by SB.... We almost got it before SB had sudden nauseous attack anyway....

you know I wasn't really that thirsty until I saw ep 9 and now there's no going back :joy: I think we'll have at least 2 of the 4 episodes where the royal couple will have some significant scenes together - just hoping at least some of them involve mutual debauchery :joy:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 3

47 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

you know I wasn't really that thirsty until I saw ep 9 and now there's no going back :joy: I think we'll have at least 2 of the 4 episodes where the royal couple will have some significant scenes together - just hoping at least some of them involve mutual debauchery :joy:

Exactly! It’s their fault making me this thirsty :sweat_smile: 

I started this drama mainly because of a wacky unusual plot and because of Shin Hye Sun. When both So Bong and Cheoljong didn’t show a hint of attraction or affection to each other by episode 4 I was thinking “Hm, so this going to be literally No Touch drama. What a waste of Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun chemistry.”

But then came Episode 5 where Cheoljong looked at So Bong warmly for the first time and my heart fluttered. But because So Bong still didn’t show any attraction to Cheoljong I kept my expectations low.

But then Cheoljong KISSED her in episode 8 and my heart exploded! I was overjoyed because it meant we were going to get a romance. 

But then So Bong started to make out with him in episode 9 and that was the moment they stirred a monster in me LMAO :glasses:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

So Bong got thirsty after her husband showed her half exposed chest. Imagine if he showed her this.... 

She won't let him sleep until the morning then:P

Maybe even the whole day;)

Hopefully our king can survives LOL:lol:

The side story is about Cheoljong and So Yong first encounter?

Wasn't their first encounter was when they were still a child?

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

So there were two screenwriters for Mr Queen, Park Kye OK and Choi A Il.

Choi A Il penned the script for the side story after Mr Queen become popular.

credit to the owner

In summary, the love story in Mr Queen started when Cheol Jong and So Yong first met was when they were still in childhood and she saved him. But he mistaken Hwa Jin as his savior and when he met with Hwa Jin again when they are grown up he fall in love with her.

Then from the info from the epilogue, Cheol Jong is also actually had a crush towards So Yong when he met her again after they grown up way before they get married but because of her clan he become wary of her and show affection to other woman openly.

(The epilogue mentioned Cheol Jong was jealous with So Yong's male friends. Why would he felt jealous if he doesn't had any feeling towards her at that time?)

And after Bong Hwan's soul entered So Yong's body and they get married, Cheol Jong slowly fell in love with So Yong and fall out of love for Hwa Jin.

So, since the epilogue is about So Yong and Cheol Jong, it means they want audiences to sympathizes with So Yong's character right?

Does this means they will end this with So Yong's soul and Bong Hwan's soul entered their original bodies back?

So Yong will live happily with Cheol Jong and their child while Bong Hwan's soul will just leave Joseon and return to modern time after all he did for Cheol Jong while he was in So Yong's body?

If Bong Hwan and So Yong have different soul then isn't this is unfair to him to just return back to his original body while So Yong live happily with Cheol Jong and the baby just like it is unfair to So Yong if her soul had died and Bong Hwan live happily with Jong Cheol and their child while his soul is trapped in So Yong's body?

I want all of them to be happy with Bong Hwan is the reincarnation of So Yong. He choose to live as So Yong in Joseon since he fell in love with Cheol Jong and they live happily with their child/children.

Please screenwriters! Is it too much to ask for?:bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

@enzek You just summarised my biggest fear for Mr Queen ending! If they’re making a prequel about So Yong and Cheoljong backstory, then it means logically that they’re the endgame! Why would they make a story of how they met before she became the queen otherwise, right?

The jealous part of synopsis confuses me as well. Does it mean Cheoljong fell for So Yong before he found out she belonged to Andong Kim clan? If he felt something for her, how the hell was he able to behave in such a cold, mean, and cruel manner to her during the first episodes of Mr Queen??! There was no hint of warmth in his eyes when he looked at her! So when did he have time crushing on her and then switching to detesting her??!

And if So Yong and So Bong personalities are different, does it mean he fell for her twice? Like falling for two different people?

This is making my head spin. It’s so unfair to So Yong dying like that after being treated by Cheoljong so coldly. But it’s also so unfair to Bong Hwan who won Cheoljong trust and heart, who changed the history by giving Cheoljong courage and means to be a strong and wise king. Bong Hwan is literally carrying their child together, is he going back to the future to continue his playboy life like nothing happened??!

If they’re not the same soul, then what was the point of the whole story?

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

@aislingI was doing fine today until you posted those chest exposing gifs of KJH and @cenching started about being thirsty and wild - :joy: my version of the ramyeon night

Spoiler

Scene - CJ's study - both SB and CJ are deep in conversation about Republic of Korea

So Bong: "It's important to know the social setting of a time to understand its people better."
CJ: "very true."
SB to herself: there are three layers of those white pyjamas. How do I get him to disrobe willingly?
SB: *fanning herself* "don't you feel hot in here?"
CJ: *doesn't understand* "Jung jeon, are you feeling hot?"
SB: *scratches her neck* "yes, a little bit." *disrobes her pink outer jacket*
CJ: *disrobes his outer layer so that So Bong doesn't feel awkward* "It is a bit hot."
SB: *gives herself a mental hi-fi* "So, the young people in Republic of Korea have an interesting way of communicating."
CJ: "Okay?"
SB: "When one person likes another and want their relationship to move forward, they ask the other person, "Do you want to eat ramyeon with me tonight?""
CJ: *confused* "What is taking it forward? Why do they eat ramyeon?"
SB: "See - taking it forward means un-knoting and re-knoting." She bends forwards and opens his second layer. "Like so."
CJ: "Ohh.."
SB: "If the other person also want to take it forward, they'll unknot it more."
CJ: *disrobes second layer* "Like this?"
SB: *flashes a smile* "You are a quick learner!* *pats on his shoulders and looks at his chest through the remaining see-through pyjamas*
CJ: "Why do they have to eat ramyeon?"
SB: "It's a social cue - directly asking someone things like that needs a lot of courage. Moreover, that person may not be ready or wish to take it forward, then they can simply eat the ramyeon. But if the other person is also interested, they can take it forward."
CJ: *mulls it over* "I see..."
SB: *picks up the chance and goes for it* "Do you want to eat ramyeon?"
CJ: *looks at her and remains frozen for a moment*
SB to self: Cheoljongie, is this too fast?

CB: *opens his last robe and exposes his chest* "Don't you feel it's too hot in here?"
SB: *pushes the writing desk aside and grabs him* 
*a very eventful night ensues* 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

@aislingI was doing fine today until you posted those chest exposing gifs of KJH and @cenching started about being thirsty and wild - :joy: my version of the ramyeon night

Reveal hidden contents

Scene - CJ's study - both SB and CJ are deep in conversation about Republic of Korea

So Bong: "It's important to know the social setting of a time to understand its people better."
CJ: "very true."
SB to herself: there are three layers of those white pyjamas. How do I get him to disrobe willingly?
SB: *fanning herself* "don't you feel hot in here?"
CJ: *doesn't understand* "Jung jeon, are you feeling hot?"
SB: *scratches her neck* "yes, a little bit." *disrobes her pink outer jacket*
CJ: *disrobes his outer layer so that So Bong doesn't feel awkward* "It is a bit hot."
SB: *gives herself a mental hi-fi* "So, the young people in Republic of Korea have an interesting way of communicating."
CJ: "Okay?"
SB: "When one person likes another and want their relationship to move forward, they ask the other person, "Do you want to eat ramyeon with me tonight?""
CJ: *confused* "What is taking it forward? Why do they eat ramyeon?"
SB: "See - taking it forward means un-knoting and re-knoting." She bends forwards and opens his second layer. "Like so."
CJ: "Ohh.."
SB: "If the other person also want to take it forward, they'll unknot it more."
CJ: *disrobes second layer* "Like this?"
SB: *flashes a smile* "You are a quick learner!* *pats on his shoulders and looks at his chest through the remaining see-through pyjamas*
CJ: "Why do they have to eat ramyeon?"
SB: "It's a social cue - directly asking someone things like that needs a lot of courage. Moreover, that person may not be ready or wish to take it forward, then they can simply eat the ramyeon. But if the other person is also interested, they can take it forward."
CJ: *mulls it over* "I see..."
SB: *picks up the chance and goes for it* "Do you want to eat ramyeon?"
CJ: *looks at her and remains frozen for a moment*
SB to self: Cheoljongie, is this too fast?

CB: *opens his last robe and exposes his chest* "Don't you feel it's too hot in here?"
SB: *pushes the writing desk aside and grabs him* 
*a very eventful night ensues* 

I’m somehow shocked but I also want to read the rest :ph34r: What happens next? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

19 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m somehow shocked but I also want to read the rest :ph34r: What happens next? 

:joy: here goes: 

Spoiler

*what happens in between is left to the reader's imagination*
The morning after:

Cheoljong felt the steady and soft breath of his wife, whose head was resting on his shoulders gently caressing his chest. He knew his queen was full of vim and vigour but never expected it to double during their night together. Her mark was all over his body - she was even educating him through the night about hickies and other things. The new possibilities made him blush and feel excited at the same time - his books did not teach these things. For the first time, Cheoljong who never lost a fight felt subdued - he felt he was the conquest. It was both humbling and unsettling but also liberating. 

He pulled So Bong into his arms and tenderly kissed her forehead. She purred in her sleep. He then lowered and whisphered into her ears, "Jung jeon, let me teach how to wait and quiver in anticipation for me." Little did Cheoljong know such challenges could hit back and make him suffer in sweet torture all the more. 

12 minutes ago, cenching said:

CJ picks up another pairs of chopsticks and starts eating the ramyeon....:lol:

:joy: and poor So Bong's frustration would really hit the roof, she might just get up and run off making CJ feel "abandoned" again :joy::joy:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

:joy: here goes: 

Reveal hidden contents

*what happens in between is left to the reader's imagination*
The morning after:

Cheoljong felt the steady and soft breath of his wife, whose head was resting on his shoulders gently caressing his chest. He knew his queen was full of vim and vigour but never expected it to double during their night together. Her mark was all over his body - she was even educating him through the night about hickies and other things. The new possibilities made him blush and feel excited at the same time - his books did not teach these things. For the first time, Cheoljong who never lost a fight felt subdued - he felt he was the conquest. It was both humbling and unsettling but also liberating. 

He pulled So Bong into his arms and tenderly kissed her forehead. She purred in her sleep. He then lowered and whisphered into her ears, "Jung jeon, let me teach how to wait and quiver in anticipation for me." Little did Cheoljong know such challenges could hit back and make him suffer in sweet torture all the more. 

:joy: and poor So Bong's frustration would really hit the roof, she might just get up and run off making CJ feel "abandoned" again :joy::joy:

OR because she has been overly frustrated sexually, she doesn’t care anymore and jumps on CJ and devours him over and over again leaving CJ as a happy prey....:coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

If we’re not going to have another bed scene, can we at least have “exposed torso because of injury” scene?

Cheoljong will get injured and So Bong will take care of his wounds :loolz:

Did Kim Jung Hyun work out so hard for nothing?!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

tomorrow is my birthday --- I want to fully enjoy this weekend - so, please, Mr.Queen, be kind to my mind & heart!

a very happy birthday to you! at the very least we'll have the tango scene, don't worry, have fun and enjoy your weekend :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hello new here! Well I think i've read every single thread in this topic :D 

So....THANK You! I enjoy all your thoughts, all of them! :D...Please dont stop! hahaha I was starting to get worrying again about how this faboulous show is gonna end...but reading you, just made laugh: bravo :p! We should not forget that it's a comedy genre after all, and that the staff wanted to entertain first (not making us sad feeling).

ps: sorry for my english its not my native ;).

I have few thoughts to share^^:  In the opening scenery we see two moons becoming one up Cheol's figure, and also the last image show our queen without visage (face). Her face ARE the 2 moons...(few butterflies are there too, i guess for the butterfly effect SoBong created with the eunuque, but also Soyong before her, when she reaches for Jang Bong and not leting go her own soul..).

Than, again, wondering about all of the water element. Its everywhere: pool,lake, well, blind woman write with water too...that is a very motherlike symbol, also an life symbol, like motherhood and pool of ever living or youth....renewals, revivals etc...Just turning this into my head and wandering what are the writers intentions...Also with this questioning, could it be related to queen dowager shamanic world? (they ment to get out BonHwang soul with the shaman)...

Hey and could you tell me please aven in pm if no possible otherwise, if the 10 minutes bonuses are going to be visible on the usual way, for those like me who are to far away from Korea? (it's only possible for me to wait the sub versions elsewhere than on tv... ;) ).

Thank you again, love your brainstorming and great imagination :D *cheer and wave*

6 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

a very happy birthday to you! at the very least we'll have the tango scene, don't worry, have fun and enjoy your weekend :)

Yeay happy birthday! Happy Birthday Baby GIF

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So this is a scene from the 2nd ep

f1WSdGZ.png

Prince Yeongpyeong is the one saying this to the King - they are afraid that the Queen heard them talking about their plans and want to silence her, and it seems that the King is hesitating -  I didn't get this line from the 1st time I watched the ep - so, is there a connection to the fact that he had feelings for her and tried to suppress them for the reason that she was part of the Andong Kim Clan? 

What do you think?

thank you @shimshimae, so kind of you!

same to you!:star:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

Prince Yeongpyeong is the one saying this to the King - they are afraid that the Queen heard them talking about their plans and want to silence her, and it seems that the King is hesitating - so I didn't get this line from the 1st time I watched the ep - so, is there a connection to the fact that he had feelings for her and tried to suppress them for the reason that she was part of the Andong Kim Clan? 

What do you think?

The way I interpreted it was more “Do not let your guilt get in the way.”

Remember, Cheoljong is a decent and compassionate person and killing another human being must be traumatic for him. It’d definitely weigh on his conscience! And she wasn’t just any random person. Even if he didn’t love her then, she was still his wife bounded by laws and by gods.

This is my interpretation because they didn’t decide until later to shoot a spin-off story, so that’s why I think they weren’t talking about romantic feelings.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I'd rather have the real SY reincarnated elsewhere and not be wth CJ.. CJ doesn't deserve the real SY. She deserves better. If the spin off shows CJ being in love with her, then CL loves two women at the same time?

Soul merging is a no for me. SY doesn'r have her own consciousness in her own body. It's fully controlled by BH. It's unfair if they do soul merging. I just want my girl happy with the person who deserves her.

She will never know that CJ liked her, she died knowing he hates her. She will never hear the apology she deserves too.

BH's soul living inside SY's body is not SoYong. It's just BH..not eveb Sobong. It's only SY if she controls her thoughts and feelings. 

1 minute ago, aisling said:

The way I interpreted it was more “Do not let your guilt get in the way.”

Remember, Cheoljong is a decent and compassionate person and killing another human being must be traumatic for him. It’d definitely weigh on his conscience! And she wasn’t just any random person. Even if he didn’t love her then, she was still his wife by laws and by gods.

He was willing to kill her on ep2, he was willing to kill her the night he used some potion thingy on her tea. He had a knife in his sleeves.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

Prince Yeongpyeong is the one saying this to the King - they are afraid that the Queen heard them talking about their plans and want to silence her, and it seems that the King is hesitating - so I didn't get this line from the 1st time I watched the ep - so, is there a connection to the fact that he had feelings for her and tried to suppress them for the reason that she was part of the Andong Kim Clan? 

What do you think?

thank you! :)

my revised understanding given that they are doing mini-episodes - (in one of my earlier posts I thought SY and BH could be different souls since their essence seemed so different) but now I'm thinking they might go towards the same soul route (otherwise the mini-episodes would not make sense) - SY and BH maybe two ends of the same soul - they have complementary qualities - SY is pure, courageous but also passive in a sense - BH is the opposite - he's crafty, street-smart and highly adaptable - it's possible that CJ fell for both ends of these spectrum - but then that leaves his love interest in HJ in question - did he truly like HJ or convinced himself that liking HJ was better than falling for SY, who belongs to the enemy clan - either ways CJ looks like he was in a messy situation lol but I do believe that it is So Bong who becomes someone he cannot live without - I hope they make a satisfactory resolution - it looks so tricky just thinking all of these possibilities 

• Like 4