[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

@kwayteow_mama

It’s true that CJ’s priority isn’t love but his country. But it’s seems that his love for SB and baby and the knowledge about the future that SB is teaching him will change something in him. Before his concern is how he can be a good king to benefits his people, he had never thought of other options like republic or constitutional monarchy because it is way ahead of his time. 

Regarding the hot kiss in episode 9 it’s true that he did it in order to saves his skin, at the beginning. But as the kiss progressed  (it last for few minutes and even considers one of the longest kiss in Kdramaland..:P) real feelings exploded. The moment BI and Dad step out he can stopped the kiss but NOOOO, he went on and on and on until SB gained her senses and plucked away....:lol: 

I usually quite good in predicting the end game of a drama. This is the first drama that I am totally clueless what will happen next...:ph34r:

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 2

Thanks to this drama... I read through the promotion records of the crown princess... mr queen has already deviated ...there were no merging of souls like this one... their souls swapped totally and there was the will to survive at any costs.

so how they will resolve it will be interesting ... one of course is that they are a single soul but in different times... hence allowing the skills of the other to come into play.

they may try to forge a completely new future... ie establish a new Govt/monarchy since CJ was the penultimate king... the next king was even weaker and after that the monarchy was gone I believe....

so they might rewrite history... their child will survive and they will live out their life until bonghwan is born again but with some leftover memory so that the interview at the start is validated.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Thanks to this drama... I read through the promotion records of the crown princess... mr queen has already deviated ...there were no merging of souls like this one... their souls swapped totally and there was the will to survive at any costs.

so how they will resolve it will be interesting ... one of course is that they are a single soul but in different times... hence allowing the skills of the other to come into play.

they may try to forge a completely new future... ie establish a new Govt/monarchy since CJ was the penultimate king... the next king was even weaker and after that the monarchy was gone I believe....

so they might rewrite history... their child will survive and they will live out their life until bonghwan is born again but with some leftover memory so that the interview at the start is validated.

don't know if this was already posted but very interesting and plausible theories 

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

Guys! It’s here! I finally made a video of Cheoljong being badass and sexy for 2,5 minutes :glasses:

Kim Jung Hyun bringing sexy back

thank you! :love::love: I was just rewatching ep 16 - KJH jawline needs a separate collection as well @enzek whenever he goes for the kiss, his jawline is jawdropping :joy::joy:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

With pregnancy and future royal baby, can JBH goes back to the future? Can JBH bears to part with the baby?? The only back to the past/future drama that I watched that involved baby was Go Back Couple and Jang Nara cries over the baby most of the time and she did back to her life at the end.

Regarding the scribbles in THAT book, I believe it belongs to SY's late mother. Her mother seemed to had different way of thinking than the usual Joseon woman and it won't be surprising if she did involved with DongHak Movement.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, cenching said:

With pregnancy and future royal baby, can JBH goes back to the future? Can JBH bears to part with the baby?? The only back to the past/future drama that I watched that involved baby was Go Back Couple and Jang Nara cries over the baby most of the time and she did back to her life at the end.

Regarding the scribbles in THAT book, I believe it belongs to SY's late mother. Her mother seemed to had different way of thinking than the usual Joseon woman and it won't be surprising if she did involved with DongHak Movement.

will be interesting how they'll resolve it - even though 4 episodes are left - there's a lot of action/twists bound to happen now - hoping they go for the alternate/parallel universe theory where So Bong's action will change history (like how DH's mom got all her fingers) and she might be later reborn as a girl in modern time (like how JBH's mom wanted) 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, cenching said:

Ooooppss, Scarlet Heart also got baby yah and she left her baby.....

haven't watched Go Back Couple - so can't comment on that but Scarlet Heart - her personality is WAY different from So Bong plus she was quite depressed towards the end - I don't think it'll be a sad ending that way - So Bong is way too protective of her loved ones - look at the way she reacted when DH was in danger plus So Bong has a lot of power being the queen (which the lead female in Scarlet Heart didn't have) - don't worry about this aspect :) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

I was just rewatching ep 16 - KJH jawline needs a separate collection as well @enzek whenever he goes for the kiss, his jawline is jawdropping 

Yes, his jawline is truly sexy!

How could the queen resisted herself from grabbing and kissing him senseless in this week episodes?

Or should I said all of this was the screenwriter fault:triumph:

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

I love this fmv:wub:

credit to the owner

Our king vs special director Hong

credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

from " i don't think the queen as a woman" to the jealous scene of 'lee saeng man' friend, to the a bit sulking scene when the queen  replied " i don't feel lonely at all at this palace " ( since the king and queen rarely sleep together, the king hope the queen will answer i feel lonely without you around maybe) - luckily the queen saw the change of the king face and said " i am not lonely since there is a guy who wrote a dictionary about me"

haha cheoljong, cheoljong.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

Episode 15-16 BTS with English Subs.

Kim Jung Hyun is probably a method actor,

look at him crying when So Bong told him his incompetence was a sin. He was not supposed to cry but as he was immersed in his character, those words must’ve hurt him.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, aisling said:

Episode 15-16 BTS with English Subs.

Kim Jung Hyun is probably a method actor,

look at him crying when So Bong told him his incompetence was a sin. He was not supposed to cry but as he was immersed in his character, those words must’ve hurt him.

thanks for the subs! 
definitely that and I think SHS is quite fierce in such scenes - she doesn't hold back - like grabbing his robes - it was quite forceful - no wonder everyone now is scared of her (the Kim clan and all) :joy:

16 minutes ago, enzek said:

Yes, his jawline is truly sexy!

How could the queen resisted herself from grabbing and kissing him senseless in this week episodes?

Or should I said all of this was the screenwriter fault:triumph:

the only answer I could come up for that was - So Bong is probably more decent than us :joy: plus she's now fully involved in managing the palace - she keeps running around so often and doing so many things - maybe she does all of those things to keep dirty thoughts at bay :joy: 
the screenwriter can redeem themselves - I hear pregnancy hormones are quite strong - I wouldn't be surprised if So Bong randomly grabs CJ and starts making out senseless 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m pretty sure they’re trolling us with the tango scene. They always troll us. 

Like our queen is pregnant but they didn’t have one single sober kiss lmao :joy: Does it make any sense???

you know if the ep 9 kiss wasn't so explosive or long, we wouldn't have been this triggered - their bed scene was of "normal" standards if you compare to other (fusion) sageuks - I just hope they aren't that vicious to keep trolling us without any actual intimate scenes - I'm sure the tango scene is a troll - they can only do so much openly lol 
I'm thinking So Bong will go "all-in" and claim CJ once she confesses whenever that happens or the pregnancy hormones will do the work for us - either case jaebal don't keep trolling us tvn :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

I don't really like the idea of "first love and only love for life" or "destined love". However, I think what the program is trying to convey to us is the idea that CheolJong and SoYong are destined loves for each other.
SoYong saved CheolJong when they were children and, from that, they fell in love. When CheolJong found Hwajin he thought she was the girl from the well and he struggled to like her and really developed a deep affection for Hwajin to the point that he thought it was love. However, Hwajin was the fake Kim SoYong and, as much as he tried to love only her, when CheolJong allowed himself to end his prejudices against SoYong, his true love invaded his life like a hurricane and exposed that what he felt for Hwajin was not that strong.
As for Hwajin, the program shows that she has been very envious of SoYong since she was a child. She dressed like SoYong. She saw SoYong saving CheolJong from the well and took their story to herself. She wants SoYong's position as queen. Basically, she wants to have SoYong's life. The show shows that Hwajin really cares a lot for the king, but the relationship she built with CheolJong was all based on a lie, so would it be correct to say that what Hwajin feels for CheolJong is love? It seems to me more as if it were a continuation of her envy from SoYong = she also wants for her the love that was meant to be from SoYong.
Hwajin was wrong to have tried to steal someone else's story.

In spite of everything, I think CheolJong was wrong with Hwajin for not giving any more attention to it. Even though he couldn't control himself from falling in love with SoYong (or should I call "Hurricane SoYong"?), He had promised Hwajin his love, so he would have to pay attention to her.

Edited by Mila
tradução para inglês
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1