[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Credit & Thanks to Kmoovy for the eng sub.

Now i think Bong Wan understand why So Yong want to kill herself. She was been pressure by her own clan and family, lack of love by her love ones and the one love her is her own cousin whom she like as a brother.

He/she will stay to help the king.

but i worry if the king will distance himself to protect her knowning her againist her clan. Or other way round she will distance herself to protect him.

The blind lady..... Is she relate to Bong Wan? 

• Like 7

I feel so low-spirited right now. I suspected something might happen to the king, but I didn’t expect a near fatal explosion (please don’t leave any scars on my Jeonha’s face, writer-nim!).

How the f* did they dare to touch the king? It’s so scary that the Kim clan reacted the exact moment Cheoljong showed some of his own decisiveness. I think Kim Jwa Geun has suspected the king for a long time. He knew the “dumb puppet king” was a facade and that Cheoljong sought revenge on Andong Kim clan for murdering his family and he knew Cheoljong wanted to fight the widespread corruption.

The important question - do you think Cheoljong knew it was So Bong who saved the banquet? That it was her who came up with all those ideas? I think he must’ve known, right? She was missing during the banquet and the messages she sent him were clearly her style. I was so looking forward to seeing him tasting her food but no, the writer decided not to show us :angry:

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

That really took the wind out of my sails. I did not see that coming!

no worries, the explosion took us all by surprise (or shock) really. was already so heartbroken for him the scene before that and then this happened... :criesariver: hopefully the bts clips tomorrow will be more joyful! :'D

• Like 4

me too... still reeling from ep12 even though there's no sub

i don't know if i can look back at the past episodes in the same light anymore.. i feel so sorry for the king and the queen

i find this exchange between the king and the queen touching too. sobong knew the king's end game, that's why she said what she said, perhaps a little too casually in that signature bonghwan style.

Spoiler

Complimenting above twitter with Dramamilk recap:

https://www.dramamilk.com/live-recap-mr-queen-ep-12-part-1/

She tells him, okay, we are no touchy. Fine. He hurries off. Yeon asks, your highness, why do you say those things that you do not mean? The Queen says, even if I say dumb things, I have my meaning behind it. I don’t say things I don’t mean.

Our Sobong pearl of wisdom:

In this world worrying about celebrities and king are useless

• Like 5

This person added “Here I am” OST as a background music to the explosion scene. Great. Now it hurts even more. Literally the moment Cheoljong reached out his hand the singer sang “Where are you” and when So Bong started running towards him it matched with “Here I am”. Try watching it without crying.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, aisling said:

Guys, no...... what happened to him...? His face... I feel literal pain seeing him like this.

Jeonha, please no 

The bright side I can think is after he can walk again he will shows clearly to the grand queen dowager and all his court officials that he had enough with everything they did to him and this time he won't back down anymore:bawling:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Me! He looks hot!

credit to the owner

To calm down our emotions with the ending in episode 12, let's look at the little sweet scenes between our royal couple.

This is so sweet. Even So Bong still denied it, her action clearly show how she feels towards him.

credit to the owner

They really said McDonald LOL

Credit to the owner

The way she stares at him.

She's like, "Yeah that's my Cheoljonggie!"

credit to the owner

Proud of our king!

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Our pitiful king:tears:

all credit to the owner

I'm already tired with Kim Jwa Geun. Could anyone help me to slap him?:expressionless:

credit to the owner

Fanart:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

He lost his hearing? 144.gif?w=560

But this could actually turn out good in the long run. It is very likely that the hearing loss is caused by ruptured eardrums which takes several weeks to heal on its own (if you are lucky). So while it is a disadvantage now, it might enable him to hear something he might not have otherwise. People (like the Kims or the concubine) do tend to say incriminating things when they think you cannot hear them. Like the old joke says grandpa changes his will a lot since he got a hearing aid without telling his family.  281.gif?w=560

• Like 2

While waiting for yesterday's video clips I accidentally saw the wrapped up's video of this drama.  I guess that's in a way lessen a little bit of my anxiety of what happened in last night's episode.  After all the laughter and comedy .... it was a very sad day.

Er6v-s7VkAg0mOw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Er6v-s5VkAEps0d?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Credit to the owner

• Like 4

Er6v-s7VoAIbZWy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Er6v-s5UwAAcMyQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

(News cut on Mr. Queen only)

“Mr. Queen” Ratings Soar To New All-Time Highs

Jan 18, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” continues to draw new viewers!

On January 17, the hit drama starring Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun achieved its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Mr. Queen” scored an average nationwide rating of 13.2 percent and a peak of 14.6 percent, marking a new personal record for the drama.

“Mr. Queen” also hit a new all-time ratings high among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 8.2 percent and a peak of 9.2 percent. The drama also took first place in its time slot across all channels, including public broadcast networks.

Credit to Soompi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, it's heating up!

Some random thoughts:

• The world's first fast food banquet!
  • Man Bok and Choi... a ship launching inches at a time! Her temptations are hilarious.
  • This show is not above potty humor. As if we had any doubts.
  • Who did not run to her king when he fell? I wonder if that will come up?
  • Speaking of Jo Hwa Jin, was she supposed to kill Sabong, or was that her own thing?
  • Kim Jwa Geun has miscalculated. For the pleasure of grinding Cheoljong down, he let the royal guard stand. So the one faction in the palace armed with rifles is loyal to the king and out for blood. You rock that sword, Kim Byung In! Dr. Indy Jones will see you shortly.
Edited by Raffles
  • Like 4