[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

B.A.P.’s Yoo Young-jae joins tvN’s Queen Cheorin with Shin Hye-sun, Kim Jung-hyun

by tccolb

0001164953_001_20200622091409045.jpg

Casting has been confirmed for former B.A.P. member Yoo Young-jae (9.9 Billion Won Woman) in tvN’s upcoming fusion-sageuk comedy, Queen Cheorin.

The drama stars Shin Hye-sun (Angel’s Last Mission: Love) as Kim So-yong, a regal queen in the Joseon kingdom – at least in appearance. Somehow another person’s soul becomes trapped inside her body, which would be strange in itself, but adding to the complications–the soul belongs to a liberal thinker (conflicting with the more conservative norms of Joseon society). Said soul also happens to be a man from the future 21st century. Naturally, shenanigans ensue.

Kim Jung-hyun (Crash Landing on You) takes on the role of King Cheoljong, husband to Shin Hye-sun and a man with many secrets. On the outside, he seems to be a meek and easily manipulated puppet king. However, he conceals a steely inner strength and his gentle smiles mask the coldness inside of him.

Rounding out the royal family, Bae Jong-ok (Graceful Family) plays the Dowager Queen Soonwon. Mother of the late King Heonjong, she appoints King Cheoljong as the successor to the throne and is the true person of power in the palace.

Kim Tae-woo (Tale of Nokdu) plays Bae Jong-ok’s younger brother, Kim Jwa-geun. Ambitious and influential, both Kim and Bae are part of the powerful Kim clan who wield a strong hold over the royal court.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/b-a-p-s-yoo-young-jae-joins-tvns-queen-cheorin-with-shin-hye-sun-kim-jung-hyun/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Possible ending; 

BongHwan is back to the present. He'll meet the reincarnation of Cheorin/SoYong's love interest (The person who BongHwan fell inlove with in past time).

If it's CheolJong, the reincarnation will be a woman.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, larus said:

Seol In Ah is confirmed to appear in tvN drmaa Queen Cheorin

It's weird that there's a change of casting for this role after another actress was earlier confirmed. 

But anyway I'm so looking forward to this drama! I miss watching Hye Sun in a drama!!! 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, Ni Wen said:

It's weird that there's a change of casting for this role after another actress was earlier confirmed. 

But anyway I'm so looking forward to this drama! I miss watching Hye Sun in a drama!!! 

hi @Ni Wen my chingoo. Me tooo.

But Seol In-Aaaah as Cherin's old (not so old) flame from when the queen was a he? I'd pay good money to see that, um, 'action':7555_attack::popcornjackson: - although she's young and inexperienced as an actress, it's a pretty big coup to land SIA in a support role!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin, 철인왕후 - Shin Hye Sun & Kim Jung Hyun - Premieres in second half 2020

Choi Jin-hyuk makes a special appearance in tvN's new drama Queen Cheorin.

On the 23rd, an official from the Drama Bureau pointed to Daily Sports, "Actor Choi Jin-hyuk will make a special appearance through a relationship with the production of'Queen ICheorin`."

In this regard, the production company said, "Jinhyuk Choi appears as an important role in the play, so please check through this broadcast. You can expect it."

https://news.joins.com/article/23901955?cloc=rss-news-total_list

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

At MDL, they have posted a premiere date of Dec. 12, 2020 for this drama. Hopefully it will happen. Also, another poster said that Kim Jung Hyung had an Instagram Live event and said the drama will premiere in December and that shooting is halfway done with expectation to wrap in Dec. 2020.  Someone asked if the drama will be on Netflix since it's a Studio Dragon production but no response. It would be great if it was on Netflix, I guess we will see.

• Thanks 1