[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love in Between 少年游之一寸相思

sugarplum892

Yayyy... English sub is available up to ep 6 now! Just go to the Tencent YouTube channel, click setting, click subtitle, click auto-translate and then choose English. Yes, it's a little tricky, but it works. The sub isn't bad at all, doesn't look MTL.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am loving the osts^^!! It's good and soothing.The lyrics are nice! I saw up to EP 6 with Eng sub, and I like the pace and plot. I haven't watch the leads in anything, so I'm really glad to see their chemistry is going well^^.The FL gives me Vicky Zhao vibe. I think it's her face that is similar to Vicky. ML is so cute, he looks similar to an actor that I know, but can't remember the name now. So far, I'm enjoying the fighting scenes, FL fighting scenes are done well too.

Episode 13 is killing me ... and is thrilling later!!

Question @tothestars (or anyone else who have watched the subbed eps to 12):

Spoiler

Who's Gui Tongzi actually? In ep 13, he transferred his inner energy (?) or martial power (?) to Su Yuluo. What's their relationship?

6 hours ago, caranita said:

Episode 13 is killing me ... and is thrilling later!!

Question @tothestars (or anyone else who have watched the subbed eps to 12):

Hide contents

Who's Gui Tongzi actually? In ep 13, he transferred his inner energy (?) or martial power (?) to Su Yuluo. What's their relationship?

I havent watched ep 13, but answering your question:

Spoiler

Gui TongZi is Sun SiRuo one of 9 expert in martial art back then, but one day while practicing, he was attacked by one of Mu Family (i suspect the current leader of Mu Pavillion, because i think he also love Mu Lian, he jealous with Sun SiRuo), and he become bedevilled and change into child body.

Edit: 

Ok i have watched ep 13

Spoiler

So, since Su YunLuo promised to fight in competition against Zheng Yang Palace to get White Crane Tail without using Zheng Yang Style (since she was Zheng Yang Palace student too, because her master is Su Xuan, one of Zheng Yang Palace member and one of 9 expert back then). She told Sun SiRuo about his master hasnt died but become crazy because get poisoned.

Sun SiRuo respect SuXuan, so he want to help her, he dont want Su YunLuo to get hurt too, so he gives his inner force and teach her his signature style.

@tothestars Thank you so much! I'm liking this show more and more. It feels old school wuxia, but the romance is pretty well-written too. Characters are multidimensional and the youth squad (including ZQC's hilarious apprentice/sidekick) + Wen Sizhou are all likeable. 

I saw ep 7, and question.....So ML's dad rather him dead because if he is alive, then the enemy can hurt his son? I don't understand why he would want his son dead??? From ep 1-7, with the Shanghu painting plot, someone wants to frame the governor, ML's dad. I am lost, why do they want to frame him? Does the emperor hates the governor???? 

@rosierosie I feel like I need to rewatch the episodes since the translation can be confusing. But my understanding is

Spoiler

there's a rebel (probably the one referred to in ep 1), and the rebels wanted to capture the crown prince. His dad switched him with the crown prince, and took away. the crown prince and left him there. Yeah, some loving father there, with this crazy thinking that royal families are more important than their own -- everything for the country!

The father probably didn't expect him to survive at the very first place, but I'm thinking he knew much much earlier that his son was alive & had been trying hard to cover the fact so nobody knows about his son's whereabout. He's the opponent of the minister who's close and influential to the emperor, but because he's a general, has the reputation as being loyal to the royal family, and the imperial army is under his command, there's not much the minister can do. So the minister and his minions have been. plotting to make it seem he or his family have sold the map to the other kingdom.

So far I’m just at episode 4, but I can already feel the chemistry between the two leads. ML look too young for the FL, but this voice so soothing :winkx:

FL so far not much expression, but her character is smart and that enough for me lol. 
this drama is a bit confusing and definitely need our full attention lol

Spoiler

@skibbies thank you for the heads up on the in the novel. I hope they will follow the novel. I just want a good angst drama with HE lol

On 6/12/2020 at 7:44 PM, caranita said:

Yayyy... English sub is available up to ep 6 now! Just go to the Tencent YouTube channel, click setting, click subtitle, click auto-translate and then choose English. Yes, it's a little tricky, but it works. The sub isn't bad at all, doesn't look MTL.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know about the Auto-translate. I enabled the English Auto-translate and the subtitles are good quality. It's not machine translations.

EDIT: Tencent Video YouTube is now loading the English subtitles for this drama, so auto-translate not needed anymore as episodes are converted each week.  Just Click on Settings (Gear Icon), then Subtitles and Select English.

16 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I saw ep 7, and question.....So ML's dad rather him dead because if he is alive, then the enemy can hurt his son? I don't understand why he would want his son dead??? From ep 1-7, with the Shanghu painting plot, someone wants to frame the governor, ML's dad. I am lost, why do they want to frame him? Does the emperor hates the governor???? 

On the later eps, they will explain this in more detail, like @caranita has said ML's dad switch him for the "crown prince" and pretend ML has dead since they built his tomb, but later on they call "crown prince" with another name. Just keep watching, the drama is just like a puzzle, we only given piece by piece by the drama lol.

In ep 9, who is Emperor Wan again? Does he likes Swordsman Shen? Another plot developed between the ML and FL, he's showing his intention towards her---Like he wants to protect her and take her away to safety^^----"My life is your life, your life  is mine^^"---awww how sweet. Wondered what is Emperor Wan's intention in all of this???? I guess we will find out. 

16 hours ago, caranita said:

Can't believe they've released 16 new episodes at one go last night! What happened? (I'm not complaining since I'll have more episodes to watch earlier. But it's bizarre to say the least).

vip has always been ahead by 6 ep, so 14 + 6 = 20. The other 10 episodes is from the paying extra vvip at 3 cny/ep, 21 ~ 22 will be vip tonight, 23 ~ 24 will be tomorrow night, so at the end of the week, vvip is consistently ahead of vip by 6 ep. vvip will get the ending in two weeks (monday), vip will get it in three weeks (wednesday), non-vip will get it in four weeks (wednesday).

Love the romance between FL and ML, the set up pace towards the romance wasn't too fast or slow, just perfect. I shipped Emperor with Manqing Sword girl, that lantern scene was so sweet--How he made her a lantern out of scratch^^. Haha is there a slight bromance between Changge and Zhu Yan^^??? I thought I saw a tag on it from mydramalist???

It's nice to see the little man gets his big boy body back, but sad he's gonna die. His little moment with his lover was nice to see, the wedding and all. I like Su Yulou, her character is strong and a fighter. Love seeing strong female lead^^.

Episode 20. :heart::heart::heart:

17 hours ago, skibbies said:

vip has always been ahead by 6 ep, so 14 + 6 = 20. The other 10 episodes is from the paying extra vvip at 3 cny/ep, 21 ~ 22 will be vip tonight, 23 ~ 24 will be tomorrow night, so at the end of the week, vvip is consistently ahead of vip by 6 ep. vvip will get the ending in two weeks (monday), vip will get it in three weeks (wednesday), non-vip will get it in four weeks (wednesday)

Thank you so much for the info!

On 6/23/2020 at 3:05 AM, rosierosie said:

In ep 9, who is Emperor Wan again? Does he likes Swordsman Shen? Another plot developed between the ML and FL, he's showing his intention towards her---Like he wants to protect her and take her away to safety^^----"My life is your life, your life  is mine^^"---awww how sweet. Wondered what is Emperor Wan's intention in all of this???? I guess we will find out. 

Yeah, we only know him as a leader of an intelligence group. But I think we're bound to see more of his other sides in the episodes to come. Hopefully!

17 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Love the romance between FL and ML, the set up pace towards the romance wasn't too fast or slow, just perfect. I shipped Emperor with Manqing Sword girl, that lantern scene was so sweet--How he made her a lantern out of scratch^^. Haha is there a slight bromance between Changge and Zhu Yan^^??? I thought I saw a tag on it from mydramalist???

It's nice to see the little man gets his big boy body back, but sad he's gonna die. His little moment with his lover was nice to see, the wedding and all. I like Su Yulou, her character is strong and a fighter. Love seeing strong female lead^^.

Ikr!! Love the lantern scene too!! I dont know exactly why Emperor Wan can like Shen ManQing, but i like this unpredictable pairing lol. Shen ManQing character also very cute, strong but cute, her expression is cold but cute, unlike Su YunLuo, she also cold, but not cute (maybe for me only).

I dont know about Chang Ge if he like Zhu Yan as bromance or as brother. I think Chang Ge really admire Zhu Yan as a great fighter,since Zhu Yan has about the same level and age with him. Zhu Yan is obvious, he likes Su YunLuo. But as you can see they became sworn brother at ep 20. 

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Yeah, we only know him as a leader of an intelligence group. But I think we're bound to see more of his other sides in the episodes to come. Hopefully!

On ep 16-17 if i am not wrong, he has relationship with Shang Wan. So i believe every character has incognito side we havent seen.

12 hours ago, tothestars said:

I dont know about Chang Ge if he like Zhu Yan as bromance or as brother. I think Chang Ge really admire Zhu Yan as a great fighter,since Zhu Yan has about the same level and age with him. Zhu Yan is obvious, he likes Su YunLuo. But as you can see they became sworn brother at ep 20. 

Agree with you! Also the end credit (which already has too many spoilers, LOL) shows he will have a female partner. 

12 hours ago, tothestars said:

On ep 16-17 if i am not wrong, he has relationship with Shang Wan. So i believe every character has incognito side we havent seen.

I watched those episodes raw, so. Shang Wan is the person he met there in the forest? There's speculation on Douban about Wen Siyuan's hidden identity

Spoiler

that he's actually Sima Lang. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case, he and Shen Manqing seem to be written as star-crossed lovers.

BTW, the show has got quite high Douban rating, 8.5!

Agree with you! Also the end credit (which already has too many spoilers, LOL) shows he will have a female partner. 

Yes indeed hahahaha, i like it. Poor zhu yan though... 

I watched those episodes raw, so. Shang Wan is the person he met there in the forest? There's speculation on Douban about Wen Siyuan's hidden identity

It will be explained on ep 23, and...

Spoiler

Bravo you are right, he is Sima Lang, one of 7 Yun Dang Heroes, Shan Wang is his 4th brother. They are looking for the truth about Yong Shan Village killing. I think that is one factor why Emperor Wan like Shen ManQing, at first he feel pity and sorry for her lost as one of Yong Shan people. So he tried to be a very nice person for her.

51 minutes ago, tothestars said:

It will be explained on ep 23, and...

Reveal hidden contents

Bravo you are right, he is Sima Lang, one of 7 Yun Dang Heroes, Shan Wang is his 4th brother. They are looking for the truth about Yong Shan Village killing. I think that is one factor why Emperor Wan like Shen ManQing, at first he feel pity and sorry for her lost as one of Yong Shan people. So he tried to be a very nice person for her.

Aahhhh!!! I just watched ep 23 raw this morning, did I miss the name?

Spoiler

So the Yun Dang Heroes were vilified? Hmmmm, I wonder if Zhengyang was behind it as well...

Shen ManQing wants revenge against Shan Wang; is it because her parents got killed in the Yong Shan village killing?

I wouldn't be surprised if Zhengayng was the mastermind behind the Yong Shang killing?? Their leader is evil.

I'm on ep 16, and I like that we get to see a little romance between our OTP :). The plot is progressing nicely, and identity is revealing at a steady pace. I would not guess that Su Xuan is

Spoiler

Emperor Ai!!!!!!

And will our ML have kungfu later to come, because now he's weak and can't help much?

Archived