Broadcast Period: 6/8/2020 - 7/6/2020

Cast:

Zhang Yao as Zuo Qingci
Zhang Ya Qin as Fei Kou'er / Su Yunluo
Zou Ting Wei as Wen Sizhou
Deng Yu Li as Shen Manqing
Zheng Hao as Yin Changge

Synopsis:

While on the search for a missing scroll of a prized landscape painting, Zuo Qingci, a young noble disguised as a skilled physician, meets Fei Kou’er, a thief who is a master of disguise and skilled in qinggong. She is later revealed to be Su Yunluo, a young girl who steals valuable medicines from various sects to save her teacher.

Zuo Qingci steps into the murky waters of the pugilist world to help Su Yunluo, and belatedly realises that his actions have caused the deaths of his loved ones at the hands of political rivals. Zuo Qingci ultimately decides to enter politics to avenge the death of his family members and purge the court of corrupt officials once and for all.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Love in Between 少年游之一寸相思 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my eyes out for this one^^, the wedding scene looks heart-wrenching. Will this drama be full of angst like Goodbye My Princess? Hopefully WeTv puts it out on Youtube with EngSub?

I've always liked Zhang Yao, but after I found out that Zheng Hao and Shi Yunpeng are in the supporting cast, I was sold already. I love the latter actors in Tribe & Empires (they played the younger version of Huang Xuan and Shawn Dou's characters, and were impressive at that). I didn't know the leading actress, but she looks good in the trailer and MV. Basically, the trailer and the MV add to my excitement.

Trailer:

MV:

On 6/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, rosierosie said:

I have my eyes out for this one^^, the wedding scene looks heart-wrenching. Will this drama be full of angst like Goodbye My Princess? Hopefully WeTv puts it out on Youtube with EngSub?

The book is happy ending, if that helps. I rather liked the story and otp.

I'm little hesitant on the cast & production team, so I'll sit on this for a bit while I blitz through some short suspense dramas.

9 hours ago, skibbies said:

I'm little hesitant on the cast & production team, so I'll sit on this for a bit while I blitz through some short suspense dramas.

Wait, what do you mean? I thought the cast is pretty good, though of course that's subjective. I'm actually quite hyped for the director AND the scriptwriter. The latter also wrote the script of With You and A Love So Beautiful, right? And the director last year was picked as one of 5 Top Young Directors by the Chinese TV and Drama Association, so I thought that talks volume about his work, no?

11 hours ago, caranita said:

Wait, what do you mean? I thought the cast is pretty good, though of course that's subjective. I'm actually quite hyped for the director AND the scriptwriter. The latter also wrote the script of With You and A Love So Beautiful, right? And the director last year was picked as one of 5 Top Young Directors by the Chinese TV and Drama Association, so I thought that talks volume about his work, no?

Ahhh I don't think they are a terrible or anything, the otp doesn't quite fit what I thought they would be (their aura? XD), but I'm entirely willing to be convinced otherwise, especially since they look fairly new. As for the scriptwriter, there's multiple writers for both dramas you mentioned, more than five of them each, it's pretty hard to gauge how well she does in adaptations. I'm not super satisfied with both of those dramas' story either, although I think they are more a directing/production issue than a writing issue. I'm unfamiliar with the director. Adaptations can trip itself even when everything looks perfect, so I try to keep my expectations low.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love in Between 少年游之一寸相思

Quick notes after seeing ep 1 and partially ep 2:

- For a drama which markets itself as a "wuxia/romance", the fighting scenes are not (yet) satisfying. IMO the editing for the fighting scenes is the issue. They tried to increase the speed in the scene in order to make it look fast and intense, but it wasn't done well.  Should've taken a page from Ever Night 1. 

- Great cinematography and lighting! It helps that they use earthy tones. I also like the camera work. Some animation is used to move arcs and IMO it's quite effective. This is a pretty looking

- On the other hand, the CGI wolf is not believable :D. 

- Added cookie for styling a female-disguising-as-male correctly! You can still see the FL's feminine structure, but there's no visible make up, and instead of obviously fake mustache, the make up artist cleverly put on stubble on her face. 

Since I watched the episode(s) raw and I don't speak Mandarin, at this point I can't comment on plot and dialogues. Hopefully the subbed version will be available soon!

I have binge watched up to 8 last night in we tv LOL! So far i like the quick pace plot and the complexity in it, and i like the actors too, especially the two leads, like the tones, like the cinematography, so many beautiful sceneries and palaces. I prefer Zhou Tingwei character as Wen Sichou in here than as Mu Yuan in ATWIL.

10 hours ago, tothestars said:

I have binge watched up to 8 last night in we tv LOL! So far i like the quick pace plot and the complexity in it, and i like the actors too, especially the two leads, like the tones, like the cinematography, so many beautiful sceneries and palaces. I prefer Zhou Tingwei character as Wen Sichou in here than as Mu Yuan in ATWIL.

Thank you so much for the quick first impression! Damn, should I sign up to WeTV too? LOL. I've already subscribed to too many legal streaming sites!

26 minutes ago, caranita said:

Thank you so much for the quick first impression! Damn, should I sign up to WeTV too? LOL. I've already subscribed to too many legal streaming sites!

Hahahaha really not bad, i get to see TROTAR and this drama :wub:

18 hours ago, caranita said:

Gahhh... bad news. I've installed WeTV, but it seems like this drama isn't available in this country :((((

Reveal hidden contents

I'll probably have to resort to illegal streaming sites later *sighhhhh.

Arghhh too bad! Very sorry to hear that! Have you subscribed? Hopefully havent!

After watching up to 10, the plot is still steady, and i am starting to ship the 2nd lead couple! Wen ShiYuan and Shen ManQing! They both are cute! Never expected that they will be a couple LOL! And i think we also have a bromance situation, but for the 3rd couple.

So far i havent started shipping the lead couple, since they are too serious, too sad and too busy doing things related to their background. 

Okay up to 12, the story getting complicated, each character even villain has secret, but i like the way the drama tell their story, not draggy but to the point, somehow i have feeling it is gonna be sad ending :sweatingbullets: since the two leads has sad face :D

8 hours ago, tothestars said:

Okay up to 12, the story getting complicated, each character even villain has secret, but i like the way the drama tell their story, not draggy but to the point, somehow i have feeling it is gonna be sad ending :sweatingbullets: since the two leads has sad face :D

I checked Douban, and so far most viewers praise the series. I can't wait until Eng sub is available and accessible LOL. Meanwhile, I have to cope with raw -- so thank you very much for your posts here!

PS. I've never been afraid to sad endings, but let's hope this one isn't. I think @skibbies mentioned that the novel has a HE.

3 hours ago, caranita said:

I checked Douban, and so far most viewers praise the series. I can't wait until Eng sub is available and accessible LOL. Meanwhile, I have to cope with raw -- so thank you very much for your posts here!

PS. I've never been afraid to sad endings, but let's hope this one isn't. I think @skibbies mentioned that the novel has a HE.

Yeah the drama so far is still consistent. Hopefully stay like that until the end. 

Ah you are right about the novel ending, plz make the drama also the same!

This drama is currently available with subtitles at several streaming sites. Drama is geo-restricted so you will need to click on the links to see if it is available in your country.
Tencent Video YouTube Channel Playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5r3xY0w9imk5RATnY00fmE0
Also at WeTV: https://wetv.vip/en/play/df7lpzty7roqefv

Archived