On 5/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, nrllee said:

I am still flabbergasted that HJ has still NOT bothered to reveal her true identity to her parents?  If she didn’t want to reveal anything about her past with HH, she could lie and say she escaped but had amnesia/PTSD  :lol: and it was only now that she realizes that she is in fact their daughter.

Did the writer just forget about her, making us believe she is the daughter of the Police officer, and then suddenly HJ is again kind of out of focus in the plot. I think this kind of thing was kind of bound to happen with the writer making the plot go everywhere, certain things' explanation will definitely miss out. 

So I do agree with @Shajoona here that HJ's character has been underused a lot here. Her character could have a lot more involvement in the plot, but she suddenly got sidelined post the time jump I believe.

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

:lol: looks like the writer has only succeeded in getting a number of people disliking most if not all of her characters.  Bar MC.  Even YH had his fair share of that when he was the main suspect for the 7Sins kills.  If not by us, then certainly by the make believe general public in the drama :lol:.

I never realized this, but you actually are right here. Except for MC, almost all other characters received some dislikes. The only thing I didn't like was MC being sidelined as 2nd ML in between post time jump in the plot while they could easily go with 2 MLs here in the plot. We are seeing him more in action now which is good, but from what I see, this drama could easily be much better if it was 16 episodes long rather than 20 as I believe the plot got a bit draggy and messy post time jump. 

At the same time, I am a bit disappointed with the writer for making BR HH's son actually. I remember earlier in the initial few episodes, when we believed YH was his son, I said it would be interesting to see a killer's son not being a killer, and a good person's son (the researcher whose wife HH's wife met briefly) turning out to be killer. This would actually also address the stigma the family of a murderer face in RL. But nope, the writer decided to pull off a baby swap card here, or rather kid swap since I believe it happened post Jae Hoon's family's murder. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no sympathy for any of the characters. I just hope the writer ends it satisfactorily for most of the messy plot she weaved.

My cable TV scheduled till ep 20 only.  

Baby Swap Theory not confirmed yet. It is possible but anything is possible in Kdrama-land. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

rather kid swap since I believe it happened post Jae Hoon's family's murder. 

How is that even possible?  The kids are so old?  It’s not like a baby who doesn’t know who his real mom is?  They would know?  It would be totally weird and how hard would it be to adjust?   Did they have their memories wiped or something? :expressionless:

4 hours ago, airgelaal said:

I also thought it was 20, but it means 2 episodes this week and only 1 episode next week?

Yeah they stuffed up the timing because I believe they were behind schedule filming/producing  so they shoved in that special episode where everyone just talked about their characters as a filler to buy them some time.  Which is why the finale won’t be till next week. :expressionless:

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

How is that even possible?  The kids are so old?  It’s not like a baby who doesn’t know who his real mom is?  They would know?  It would be totally weird and how hard would it be to adjust?   Did they have their memories wiped or something? :expressionless:

Well, how else can we explain YH living with HH's wife as her son and got bullied for being HH's son. Of course, in one of the flashbacks we had seen a pregnant nurse looking at HH's wife in the hospital so there is possibility that she did the baby swap. But I am more interested in how HH's wife (God I forgot her name) ended up adopting YH here. 

How does BR who had pretty clear memory of that day yet forget how his mom looks despite her looking the same. Funny thing is, she recognized him the first time she saw, but he could not. So yeah, this drama has been defying logic. Just like how YH believed that he actually is HH's son. It is confusing how BR remembers that incident quite well, but does not remember how his mom looks like. Of course he did believe that his mom died (or maybe he didn't I am not too sure), so I would understand him still not recognizing his mom, but for YH he was old enough to remember things and smart enough to know he was being followed, yet didn't remember much.

Talking about YH, I do feel bad for him. He was such a cheerful and kind kid, and suddenly turned into a sociopath. He was totally opposite of how he was during his childhood, and that is all the result of bullying he faced for being HH's son. 

The writer will need to explain the whole adoption thing and maybe baby swap thing properly.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

So many news and still cuts are out

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1468401wpp/lee-seung-gi-sheds-heart-wrenching-tears-after-discovering-mysterious-photo-in-mouse

spacer.png

Lee Seung Gi Sheds Heart-Wrenching Tears After Discovering Mysterious Photo In “Mouse”

Spoiler

Lee Seung Gi will experience an emotional moment in the next episode of tvN’s “Mouse.”

Spoilers

Previously, Jung Ba Reum (Lee Seung Gi) went into panic mode after realizing everything surrounding him was a lie. In addition, Go Moo Chi (Lee Hee Joon) found out that Lee Seung Gi had been at the crime sites where the criminals hadn’t been identified.

Newly released stills of episode 18 show Jung Ba Reum, a psychopathic predator who gained emotions after his brain surgery, pouring out his grief. Jung Ba Reum discovers a photo and freezes in shock. His eyes well up with tears, and he struggles to hold back his cries. However, he breaks down while clutching the picture against his chest. Curiosity is mounting over what kind of picture he found and why he started sobbing as soon as he saw it.

lee-seung-gi-4.jpg

lee-seung-gi-21.jpg

lee-seung-gi-31.jpg

lee-seung-gi-11.jpg

As soon as Lee Seung Gi arrived at the set, he talked with director Choi Joon Bae and worked on his emotions in order to portray this scene as naturally as possible. He then perfectly performed this scene by trying to endure his sadness at first but then bursting into uncontrollable tears later on. Moreover, it is said that Lee Seung Gi showed professional attitude on set by monitoring his scene and checking the details even when he hadn’t recovered from his emotions yet.

The drama’s production team commented, “As many events and twists have erupted in succession, we tried to compress the past narrative clearly again to help viewers understand the plot and increase their interest. Please look forward to the rest of the story about how Jung Ba Reum, who has learned about his past as a guinea pig, will face the huge truth that will gradually reveal himself.”

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1468680wpp/lee-hee-joon-angrily-lashes-out-at-lee-seung-gi-in-mouse

spacer.png

Lee Hee Joon Angrily Lashes Out At Lee Seung Gi In “Mouse”

Spoiler

Intense new stills of “Mouse” have been released!

Spoilers

Previously, Jung Ba Reum (Lee Seung Gi) fell into panic after realizing that everything surrounding him was a lie. Go Moo Chi (Lee Hee Joon) also found out that Jung Ba Reum had been present at the criminal sites of a series of murder cases.

In the preview stills of episode 18, Jung Ba Reum and Go Moo Chi are involved in a physical encounter in front of the police station. Go Moo Chi’s eyes are full of rage as he grabs Jung Ba Reum’s collar, and Jung Ba Reum shivers in fear.

As Go Moo Chi brings Jung Ba Reum to the ground and swings his fist, Oh Bong Yi (Park Ju Hyun) belatedly arrives and tries to separate them. The tension in the stills draws curiosity for what caused so much anger from Go Moo Chi.

mouse.jpeg

The three actors showed great teamwork on set, showing bright energy and rehearsing several times in order to perfect the scene. They immediately got into character once filming started, and once the scene was complete, Lee Hee Joon warmly checked on Lee Seung Gi and Park Ju Hyun to make sure they were alright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ba Reum finally confessed to Mo Chi of his crimes but not as the predator.  He begged him to help him find the OZ group and agreed to go to prison after this.  It seems he didn't tell him that his time is limited

• Like 2

Both Bong Yi and Mo Chi learned Ba Reum as the predator by the end of the episode.  Hong Ji is the missing daughter of the old detective and her mother saw her with her son/grandson and tried to take him away.  

Both Ba Reum and his missing step sister finally found each other.  Their brother managed to save her by having her escape through their window before he died.(SSH had no clue he was in the closet when he torched the house and put Jae Min into the orphanage after finding her out of guilt)  The father died after seeing his wife corpse and tried to kill SSH but he got stabbed instead.  Jae Yi detailed to her brother about Sung Yan coming to see her.  It seemed when the two met at the hospital, he wanted to tell his previous self about his sister.

the preview seemed to show everything is about to unfold, the dork detective apparently discovered something in Ba Reum house and he might be the latest victim who died.  Bong Yi might have been taken away by Ba Reun somewhere else possibly to protect from himself or the OZ group as she didn't wear the same clothes as the ending.  Ba Reum found his fake aunt

• Like 3

10 hours ago, pixiebelle said:

I have no sympathy for any of the characters. I just hope the writer ends it satisfactorily for most of the messy plot she weaved.

i feel the same right now...i just read the updates...i did not watch today ep yet...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i feel the same right now...i just read the updates...i did not watch today ep yet...

Watch the part where both long lost siblings finally reunite and learned how the tragedy really happened in this episode. Also, OZ seemed to sold out SSH to BR during his 1st kill by texting him his location 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm now sure that Bareum is HH's son. the way Yo han talked to Jae hee was strange and Bareym found out too. It's because he went home crying. And also we now know Yo han took HH's blood sample and did DNA test using it. 

Unlike most of you, I wasn't suspicious Of Shin, but now I am. Bareum found his killings evidence box in front of his desk. I don't know about his psycho gene but maybe his father is involved in the project. 

It seems the organization people  started the project to see if any of them starts killing, they could have evidence for that law. But later they just used them as lab mice. That's why Daniel made his way seperate. 

And in the preview, the body Moo chi was crying over was a new one?? I had a heart attack when thought it was Bi young's at first. Could it be that Ba reum is faking her death to save her? 

I think some parts like hearing all of the facts from Jae hee was so funny. the writer did not know how to reveal, so she just did that with making her repeat Yohan's words:)) 

Edited by Fatemeh Rahemi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fast forwarded majority of ep18

- MC still fooled by BR :expressionless:.  BR only admitted to killing the rapist.  He wants to stay out so he can hunt down CK’s killer and find out about Oz.  I really dislike this narrative.  BR’s story has ended?   Why is he still free to play vigilante?
- Why does the writer persist in making the audience pretty much hate every one of her characters?  She gets HJ’s mentally unstable mom to kidnap YH’s baby whilst the baby is in the care of JiEun.  HJ’s mom then gets hit by a car (baby is safe).  Truck of doom seems to be a regular feature in this writer’s universe.  HJ’s Detective dad is at the hospital.  Passes baby onto his wife’s carer to look after.  Then he discovers at the hospital that baby belongs to YH (thanks to JiEun being there desperately searching for the baby).  He threatens JiEun with killing the baby if HH doesn’t reveal where he’s buried child HJ...:expressionless:  WHY???  Why make everyone a villain?  Every...single...person... :expressionless:  This has honestly been the most painful watches of all the dramas I have seen.  And JiEun...O my goodness...she LIES about the whole thing to HJ....tells HJ that the baby is JUST FINE???   There is just no logic in how every person is written.  JiEun tries to sort everything out by visiting HH in prison.

- The Ferris Wheel incident is as some of you predicted.  Oz guy attacked Daniel.  YH comes to save him.  Daniel kills Oz guy and tells YH to dispose of him.  YH tends to Daniel in the basement.  He gets his friend (who works for the Ministry of Science) to dig up about Oz.  They find all the documents pertaining to YH and JH (subjects being experimented on).  Daniel is recovering in the basement. They put up all the photos of the murders on the wall.  Grandma arrives to clean house.  Plot hole...Grandma visits the basement when she cleans up doesn’t she?  Why didn’t she see Daniel? :expressionless:

- BY and MC finally realize that BR is the killer.  But BY looks to be kidnapped right at the end when she realizes BR is the Predator (she sees the scar on his arm).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah now they know about BR.

He only confessed to killing BY’s rapist.  Not the lawyer or the other serial killer.  When he confessed to MC, he couched it to look like he was the “good guy” protecting BY?  So no, neither knew the full truth.  He gave MC a half truth (which is essentially a lie).  MC and BY had to work it out themselves through the episode.  :expressionless:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nrllee said:

He only confessed to killing BY’s rapist.  Not the lawyer or the other serial killer.  When he confessed to MC, he couched it to look like he was the “good guy” protecting BY?  So no, neither knew the full truth.  He gave MC a half truth (which is essentially a lie).  MC and BY had to work it out themselves through the episode.  

Oh yeah right he only said one truth sorry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh yeah right he only said one truth sorry.

Don’t be.  It’s annoying me that the writer is dragging out his plotline.  He should’ve confessed already.  From previews it looks like he may have kidnapped BY because she found out in the end of the ep that he was The Predator.  Unless that’s another one of her (writer) diversions and she’s trying to pin all the blame on Oz for conducting the experiment in the first place.  Because from the sounds of it, that seems to be what she’s trying to do?  Oz experiments on BR and YH.  They give BR the Boxer’s details so it triggers his killing instinct.  Then have the brain transplant.  And according to BR, Oz stages the murders again to try to “trigger” him a second time post transplant?  And they succeed?  It’s so confusing.  Daniel is in on it somehow.  There’s a Prosecutor Yoon that is suddenly introduced in the ep?  :blink:.

• Like 1

1) if Yohan and and Jae hee are siblings, does that mean BaReum isn't a brother of of Jae hee?

2) that producer.  turns out she knew about Daniel Lee.   a lot of? things could have been straightened out if she admitted early n that she is the daughter of that detective sheesh

• Like 5